|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ronald learn the doctors told Maxine when Ronald was born?
2. What is Vernon eating when Maxine finds him?
3. Which of the following is not something Maxine says during her tirade?
4. What does Vernon's father make Vernon to eat when they meet in the kitchen in the middle of the night?
5. Who made the meatloaf they're having for supper that night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the tasks Vernon, Maxine and Ronald do to clean up Maxine's yard?
2. What are the kids saying about Vernon spending time at Miss Annie's in chapter eight?
3. What causes an argument between Ben and Vernon almost as soon as Vernon arrives home from cleaning Maxine's yard?
4. What does Miss Annie ask Vernon to do in return for her tutoring services and what is Vernon's reaction?
5. How does the question of the Special Olympics come up?
6. What happens when Vernon takes the potatoes back to Maxine's house?
7. Why does Maxine say she and Ronald have mismatched gloves?
8. What is Vernon supposed to tell Maxine when Miss Annie sends him to see her in jail?
9. How does Vernon describe his mother when he's talking about the family photo he likes so much?
10. Describe the scene in which the "Pointer Sisters" perform?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Vernon learn about Jerry's brother, John? Why do you believe Jerry didn't tell Vernon about John earlier? Where does Vernon meet John? Describe John.
Essay Topic 2
Describe at least three instances in which Maxine isn't taking good care of Ronald and compare those to three instances in which she seems to be taking good care of him.
Essay Topic 3
What do you consider the most important scene of the story? Fully describe the scene and explain its importance to the story.
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)