|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Robinson?
2. What is hanging over Maxine's windows?
3. What does Tony say he's going to do on the afternoon when the lab is closed?
4. Who made the meatloaf they're having for supper that night?
5. How many times does Vernon say he's had the dream about Ronald?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes an argument between Ben and Vernon almost as soon as Vernon arrives home from cleaning Maxine's yard?
2. Why is Vernon feeling so angry as chapter 15 comes to a close?
3. What does Vernon discover happens to the neighborhood once he's in junior high?
4. What does Miss Annie say Vernon should do about his dream and what is his response?
5. How does Vernon describe his mother when he's talking about the family photo he likes so much?
6. What does Vernon say about Maxine's house when he goes down there on the day of the teacher's visit?
7. What does Miss Annie ask Vernon to do in return for her tutoring services and what is Vernon's reaction?
8. Why is Vernon particularly worried about being held back?
9. What is Vernon supposed to tell Maxine when Miss Annie sends him to see her in jail?
10. Describe the argument and fight Vernon and Tony have after the fair.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does Vernon learn about Jerry's brother, John? Why do you believe Jerry didn't tell Vernon about John earlier? Where does Vernon meet John? Describe John.
Essay Topic 2
Who is Maxine? What is her role in the story? How does she impact Vernon's life? How does Vernon impact hers?
Essay Topic 3
Vernon invites Jerry, Chris and Bobby to go along on the shopping trip but the boys decline the offer. Why does Vernon believe they won't go? Do you believe he's right? Why or why not?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)