|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Vernon tries out for the junior high baseball team?
2. Who is singing as Vernon goes upstairs, leaving his father in the kitchen?
3. How long does Miss Annie say Vernon needs to stay with Ronald in chapter eight?
4. What is Vernon's father doing when Vernon comes downstairs in the middle of the night?
5. What does Vernon learn Ronald will need for the Special Olympics?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Maxine say she and Ronald have mismatched gloves?
2. How does the question of the Special Olympics come up?
3. What happens when Vernon takes the potatoes back to Maxine's house?
4. What are some of the things Miss Annie does to help Vernon prepare for the street carnival?
5. Describe the scene in which the "Pointer Sisters" perform?
6. What does the guidance counselor suggest Vernon do in an effort to get their grades up?
7. What does Vernon say about Maxine's house when he goes down there on the day of the teacher's visit?
8. Describe the argument and fight Vernon and Tony have after the fair.
9. What is the problem Vernon is struggling with regarding baseball?
10. What does Maxine say about being smart?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe at least three instances in which Maxine isn't taking good care of Ronald and compare those to three instances in which she seems to be taking good care of him.
Essay Topic 2
Vernon should have been very happy when Ronald tries to talk but he's suddenly frightened because of all the changes that are happening. What are some of the other changes occurring in Vernon's life and what are his reactions? Who does he turn to for help?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Miss Marlow? Ms. Pappas? Mr. Gilberti? Mr Murphy? What are the roles each play in the lives of Vernon and Ronald?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)