|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who made the meatloaf they're having for supper that night?
2. What is Ronald's job while Vernon is helping clean up the yard?
3. What happens when Vernon tries out for the junior high baseball team?
4. What is Miss Annie's response when Vernon says she's almost as crazy as Maxine?
5. How many medals does Jerry say his brother won the previous year at Special Olympics?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene in Milt's that results in Vernon's outburst.
2. Describe how Vernon acts during the Special Olympics and why his actions prompt Miss Marlow to say that he's very good with the special needs children.
3. What is the conversation between Vernon and Maxine when Vernon tells her about the situation in front of the lady's house with all the junk in the yard?
4. Why does Vernon make a list of Ronald's favorite things as they begin their shopping trip, what are some of the things on the list and what is Ronald's reaction?
5. What does Miss Annie say about having met Vernon prior to his coming to her for tutoring? Why is Vernon embarrassed?
6. What is Vernon thinking when Steph arrives home that night?
7. How does Vernon describe his mother when he's talking about the family photo he likes so much?
8. What happens when Vernon takes the potatoes back to Maxine's house?
9. What does Miss Annie say about her time watching television with Maxine and Ronald the previous day?
10. Describe supper on the night Steph has a date.
Essay Topic 1
While it can be argued that the move is the best thing for Ronald, what impact might it have had on Vernon? How might Vernon have filled his time after Ronald left? Why do you think so?
Essay Topic 2
Describe at least two scenes in which peer pressure plays a role in the actions of Vernon or his friends. Do you believe the scenes are realistic? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Maxine? What is her role in the story? How does she impact Vernon's life? How does Vernon impact hers?
This section contains 1,465 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)