|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the present Miss Annie gives to Vernon?
2. Where do the puppets for Frank Gilberti's puppet show come from?
3. What does Miss Annie say Vernon can do while he stays with Ronald?
4. What is Vernon's father doing when Vernon comes downstairs in the middle of the night?
5. What does Chris steal at the Woolworth's?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the tasks Vernon, Maxine and Ronald do to clean up Maxine's yard?
2. Why does Vernon begin performing the magic trick for Ronald?
3. Describe the scene in which the "Pointer Sisters" perform?
4. How does Vernon describe his mother when he's talking about the family photo he likes so much?
5. What does Vernon note about Miss Annie's house the first time he goes inside?
6. How does the question of the Special Olympics come up?
7. Describe the argument and fight Vernon and Tony have after the fair.
8. What does Vernon discover happens to the neighborhood once he's in junior high?
9. What happens when Vernon takes the potatoes back to Maxine's house?
10. What is Vernon supposed to tell Maxine when Miss Annie sends him to see her in jail?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Miss Marlow? Ms. Pappas? Mr. Gilberti? Mr Murphy? What are the roles each play in the lives of Vernon and Ronald?
Essay Topic 2
What do you consider the most important scene of the story? Fully describe the scene and explain its importance to the story.
Essay Topic 3
While it can be argued that the move is the best thing for Ronald, what impact might it have had on Vernon? How might Vernon have filled his time after Ronald left? Why do you think so?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)