|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far does Bobby say he'll drive a car if he can find one to hotwire?
2. What does Bobby say is the only reason they can't steal what Ronald needs for Special Olympics?
3. What is in the jar by Miss Annie's sofa?
4. What is hanging over Maxine's windows?
5. What grade does Maxine say was the last she finished in school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Ben and Mitchell show up where Ronald and Vernon are sitting?
2. What are some of the instructions Miss Annie gives Vernon as he's planting the garden?
3. What does Miss Annie say about Maxine's decision and why does she say she and Vernon disagree on the subject?
4. What does Maxine say was her first impression of the city when she arrived from Carolina?
5. What is the conversation between Vernon and Maxine when Vernon tells her about the situation in front of the lady's house with all the junk in the yard?
6. What happens when Vernon takes the potatoes back to Maxine's house?
7. What does Miss Annie say about her time watching television with Maxine and Ronald the previous day?
8. What are three of the facts Maxine tells Vernon about Ronald while he's helping her do chores?
9. Describe supper on the night Steph has a date.
10. What does Miss Annie say is the main difference between Maxine and people such as Vernon and Miss Annie?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Vernon initially tries to hide the fact that he's spending time with Maxine, Ronald and Miss Annie. Why? What are some of the things he does to try to keep his activities secret? Does he succeed? Should he have tried to hide?
Essay Topic 2
Vernon invites Jerry, Chris and Bobby to go along on the shopping trip but the boys decline the offer. Why does Vernon believe they won't go? Do you believe he's right? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Miss Annie? What kind of person is she? Why is she important to the story? What is her impact on Vernon?
This section contains 1,439 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)