|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Maxine waving around when she's standing out in the street drunk?
2. Who is Mrs. Robinson?
3. What color is Maxine's lipstick when Vernon goes to clean up her yard?
4. What does Milt tell Vernon he'll give him from the store?
5. What does Steph send Vernon to the store for?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the things Vernon and his friends do to torment Maxine?
2. How does the question of the Special Olympics come up?
3. Why is Vernon particularly worried about being held back?
4. Describe the argument and fight Vernon and Tony have after the fair.
5. What is Vernon supposed to tell Maxine when Miss Annie sends him to see her in jail?
6. What are some of the things Miss Annie does to help Vernon prepare for the street carnival?
7. Why is Vernon feeling so angry as chapter 15 comes to a close?
8. What does Maxine say about being smart?
9. Why does Miss Marlow say she's visiting?
10. What causes an argument between Ben and Vernon almost as soon as Vernon arrives home from cleaning Maxine's yard?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Vernon should have been very happy when Ronald tries to talk but he's suddenly frightened because of all the changes that are happening. What are some of the other changes occurring in Vernon's life and what are his reactions? Who does he turn to for help?
Essay Topic 2
How does Vernon react to the news that Ronald is being sent to live with relatives. Why does he react in this way? Why does Miss Annie disagree? Who do you believe is correct? Why do you believe this?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Maxine? What is her role in the story? How does she impact Vernon's life? How does Vernon impact hers?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)