|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vernon do with the ribbons Ronald wins?
(a) Pins them on Ronald's shirt.
(b) Holds them for Ronald.
(c) Has Miss Marlow keep them.
(d) Puts them in Ronald's pocket.
2. What are the first words Miss Annie says when Vernon arrives for his lesson in chapter 22?
(a) The seeds arrived.
(b) You're early.
(c) You're right on time.
(d) You're late.
3. Why does Vernon feel responsible for the situation involving Miss Marlow's questions about Maxine?
(a) Becaue he likes Miss Marlow.
(b) Because Jerry believes Vernon is to blame.
(c) Because he told Miss Marlow about Maxine's arrest.
(d) Because he'd put on the street carnival.
4. What is it Vernon's dad says he wants Vernon to teach him?
(a) To read.
(b) To speak French.
(c) To do the trick to make money disappear.
(d) To repair ten-speed bicycles.
5. Who does Vernon see outside Maxine's house when he and Miss Annie are looking out the window?
(b) Miss Marlow.
(c) The police.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Annie say when Vernon says the problems with Miss Marlow are his fault because of the fair?
2. What chore does Vernon's dad say they are all going to take turns doing?
3. Who finds the shoes that are prefect for Ronald?
4. What does Ben say Miss Etta gave him?
5. What is the favor Steph asks of Tony?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the man at the clothing store say about Ronald?
2. What does Maxine say was her first impression of the city when she arrived from Carolina?
3. What is the conversation between Vernon and Maxine when Vernon tells her about the situation in front of the lady's house with all the junk in the yard?
4. Describe the letter Vernon writes to Miss Marlow.
5. Why does Vernon make a list of Ronald's favorite things as they begin their shopping trip, what are some of the things on the list and what is Ronald's reaction?
6. Describe how Vernon acts during the Special Olympics and why his actions prompt Miss Marlow to say that he's very good with the special needs children.
7. What does Vernon say about his father filling out paperwork for the children in the family and why does he say it?
8. Why does Vernon become concerned about Maxine and Ronald near the end of chapter 25 and what does he ask Miss Annie?
9. Describe the argument Jerry and Vernon have about Maxine's abilities as a mother?
10. What does Miss Annie say about her time watching television with Maxine and Ronald the previous day?
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)