|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Vernon go to Miss Annie's house after church in chapter 17?
(a) To ask if she'll help him with another carnival.
(b) To tell her about Ronald's new shoes.
(c) To help her clean up her yard.
(d) To thank her for the book.
2. What does Vernon plan to buy for Ronald first on their shopping trip?
(c) Pants and shirts.
(d) Ice cream.
3. Who is waiting outside the shoe store?
(a) Bobby, Chris and Jerry.
(b) A lot of little kids who want to watch .
(c) Mr. Murphy and Vernon's dad.
(d) Miss Annie and Maxine.
4. What is Maxine's response when Vernon asks about a recent appointment?
(a) That she was signing up for alcoholic anonymous.
(b) That she was giving up custody of Ronald.
(c) That she was signing Ronald up for classes.
(d) That it's none of his business.
5. Why does Vernon come home early from school that Wednesday in chapter 21?
(a) The electricity had gone out.
(b) His teacher was ill.
(c) There was a fire at the school.
(d) He pretended to be sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the seeds does Miss Annie say has to be sowed "with a sweeping motion" in dirt as fine as sand?
2. What does Vernon promise the Meyers in order to keep Mr. Meyers from pressing charges?
3. What does the woman with all the junk in the yard say Ronald is doing while he stares at her yard?
4. What does Vernon give Ronald while they're working on the garden?
5. What is the nickname Vernon says is perfect for Miss Annie?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the conversation between Vernon and Maxine when Vernon tells her about the situation in front of the lady's house with all the junk in the yard?
2. What are some of the instructions Miss Annie gives Vernon as he's planting the garden?
3. What does the man at the clothing store say about Ronald?
4. What does Miss Annie say about her time watching television with Maxine and Ronald the previous day?
5. What does Miss Annie say about having met Vernon prior to his coming to her for tutoring? Why is Vernon embarrassed?
6. What is on television that prompts the argument between Vernon and Maxine in chapter 20 and what does Maxine say about it that makes Vernon mad?
7. Describe the conversation between Vernon and Maxine at the beginning of chapter 25.
8. Describe how Vernon acts during the Special Olympics and why his actions prompt Miss Marlow to say that he's very good with the special needs children.
9. What does Miss Annie find out about the possibility of Ronald being taken by Child Protective Services?
10. Describe the argument Jerry and Vernon have about Maxine's abilities as a mother?
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)