|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What grade does Maxine say was the last she finished in school?
2. Where does Maxine leave the note for Vernon?
(a) On his front door.
(b) On his porch.
(c) In the mailbox.
(d) With Bobby.
3. How long does Maxine say she and Ronald have lived in the house?
(a) Five months.
(b) Fourteen years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Five years.
4. What does Ronald learn the doctors told Maxine when Ronald was born?
(a) That he'd die at a young age.
(b) That he would never be able to walk or feed himself.
(c) That he'd be okay with the proper care.
(d) That he'd eventually become violent and uncontrollable.
5. Which of the following is not something Maxine says during her tirade?
(a) Let me alone.
(b) Don't touch Ronald.
(d) I don't need anybody's charity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Vernon tries out for the junior high baseball team?
2. What is the present Miss Annie gives to Vernon?
3. What is the thought Vernon has that makes him very determined to go forward with the street carnival?
4. Where does Maxine say Ronald's father was from?
5. When does Vernon say his father quit school?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are three of the facts Maxine tells Vernon about Ronald while he's helping her do chores?
2. Describe the scene in which the "Pointer Sisters" perform?
3. How does Vernon describe his mother when he's talking about the family photo he likes so much?
4. What does Vernon say about his father's efforts to take over the role of his mother?
5. What kinds of help do others on the block offer when word gets out that Vernon is putting on a carnival to raise money for Ronald's new shoes?
6. Why is Vernon particularly worried about being held back?
7. Why is Vernon feeling so angry as chapter 15 comes to a close?
8. Why does Miss Marlow say she's visiting?
9. What are the kids saying about Vernon spending time at Miss Annie's in chapter eight?
10. What does Miss Annie say is the main difference between Maxine and people such as Vernon and Miss Annie?
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)