|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Maxine waving around when she's standing out in the street drunk?
(a) An empty liquor bottle.
(b) Custody papers.
(c) An old gun.
(d) A cane.
2. Who tells Vernon that Maxine is drunk?
(b) Miss Annie.
3. What does Vernon learn Ronald will need for the Special Olympics?
(a) The cost of an entry fee.
(b) Enough money for lunch.
(c) Tennis shoes.
(d) A team t-shirt.
4. What is Miss Annie's response when Vernon says she's almost as crazy as Maxine?
(a) That most people are.
(b) That she takes it as a compliment.
(c) That she takes it as an insult.
(d) She cries.
5. What does Maxine carry in her handbag?
(a) Trash bags.
(b) A bottle of whiskey.
(d) A phone and notebook.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Vernon say his father quit school?
2. What religion is Vernon's family?
3. What does Maxine say will happen to Vernon because he's a good boy?
4. What does MIlt give to be auctioned off?
5. Why is Vernon's neighborhood named Tenley Heights?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are some of the things Vernon and his friends do to torment Maxine?
2. What does Vernon note about Miss Annie's house the first time he goes inside?
3. What kinds of help do others on the block offer when word gets out that Vernon is putting on a carnival to raise money for Ronald's new shoes?
4. What are the kids saying about Vernon spending time at Miss Annie's in chapter eight?
5. How does the question of the Special Olympics come up?
6. Describe the scene in Milt's that results in Vernon's outburst.
7. What does Miss Annie say Vernon should do about his dream and what is his response?
8. How does Vernon describe his mother when he's talking about the family photo he likes so much?
9. What does Vernon say about Maxine's house when he goes down there on the day of the teacher's visit?
10. What is the problem Vernon is struggling with regarding baseball?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)