|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Vernon supposed to do to pay Miss Annie for tutoring him?
(a) Pass seventh grade.
(b) Clean up Miss Annie's yard.
(c) Bring a dollar.
(d) Clean up Maxine's yard.
2. Who is holding Ben in the family picture Vernon likes?
(b) Their dad.
(c) Their mom.
(d) No one.
3. What does Vernon learn Ronald will need for the Special Olympics?
(a) Enough money for lunch.
(b) Tennis shoes.
(c) A team t-shirt.
(d) The cost of an entry fee.
4. What is Vernon eating when Maxine finds him?
(b) A peanut butter sandwich.
(c) Cheese curls.
(d) A candy bar.
5. What are the two subjects Vernon has a C in?
(a) Art and family sciences.
(b) Shop and gym.
(c) French and algebra.
(d) English and math.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Maxine say Ronald's father was from?
2. What day does Vernon plan to take Ronald shopping for his new shoes?
3. What does Ronald learn the doctors told Maxine when Ronald was born?
4. Why is Vernon's neighborhood named Tenley Heights?
5. What is Ronald's job while Vernon is helping clean up the yard?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the tasks Vernon, Maxine and Ronald do to clean up Maxine's yard?
2. What are some of the things Miss Annie does to help Vernon prepare for the street carnival?
3. Why does Vernon begin performing the magic trick for Ronald?
4. What causes an argument between Ben and Vernon almost as soon as Vernon arrives home from cleaning Maxine's yard?
5. What does Vernon note about Miss Annie's house the first time he goes inside?
6. Describe the scene in Milt's that results in Vernon's outburst.
7. What kinds of help do others on the block offer when word gets out that Vernon is putting on a carnival to raise money for Ronald's new shoes?
8. What does Miss Annie ask Vernon to do in return for her tutoring services and what is Vernon's reaction?
9. What is the problem Vernon is struggling with regarding baseball?
10. Describe the argument and fight Vernon and Tony have after the fair.
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)