|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of the questions Maxine says Miss Marlow has asked about Ronald?
(a) What time he goes to bed.
(b) What kind of exercise he gets.
(c) What he eats for supper.
(d) When he had his shots.
2. Who gets Ronald ready for the Special Olympics?
(a) Miss Moore.
(d) Miss Annie.
3. What is the name of the store where Vernon goes to buy Ronald's shoes?
(a) Shoe City.
(b) Shoes, Shoes, Shoes.
(c) Shoe Carnival.
4. What are Mitchell and Ben "singing" when Vernon arrives home in chapter 24?
(a) That Vernon has a girlfried.
(b) That Steph has a boyfriend.
(c) That Vernon's friends with the crazy lady.
(d) That Ronald's retarded.
5. What does Vernon promise the Meyers in order to keep Mr. Meyers from pressing charges?
(a) That Maxine won't ever get drunk again.
(b) That he'll mow their yard for a month.
(c) That he'll clean up the mess Maxine made.
(d) That he'll call the police himself if Maxine gets drunk again.
6. Why does Maxine say she doesn't let Ronald wear his shoes as often as he wants?
(a) Because she wants him to wear out his old shoes first.
(b) Because he even wants to wear them to bed.
(c) She's afraid he'll wear them out before the Special Olympics.
(d) The shoes have to be new for the Special Olympics.
7. What is the word Ronald is apparently trying to say?
8. What does Steph ask of Vernon as soon as he gets home?
(a) To cook supper.
(b) To pick her up a pair of pantyhose from Milt's.
(c) To watch Ben and Sandra.
(d) To help with the zipper on her dress.
9. What is the question Vernon asks the lady with all the junk in her yard in an effort to be polite?
(a) If he can help clean her yard.
(b) How many statues she has.
(c) How she knows Ronald.
(d) What her name is.
10. What are the first words Miss Annie says when Vernon arrives for his lesson in chapter 22?
(a) You're early.
(b) You're late.
(c) You're right on time.
(d) The seeds arrived.
11. What does Maxine have in her hand when Vernon arrives to take him shopping?
(a) A bowl of cereal.
(b) A bottle of liquor.
(c) A comb and a bar of soap.
(d) A newspaper.
12. What is the trick Vernon teaches Brownie?
(a) To jump onto the couch.
(b) To roll over.
(c) To shake hands.
(d) To sit.
13. What does Vernon do with the ribbons Ronald wins?
(a) Has Miss Marlow keep them.
(b) Puts them in Ronald's pocket.
(c) Holds them for Ronald.
(d) Pins them on Ronald's shirt.
14. Where does Vernon's day say Tony had a welt the day after Vernon and Tony fought?
(a) On his right arm.
(b) On his side.
(c) On his neck.
(d) On his left arm.
15. What is the memory Ben mentions that makes Vernon decide to let the younger children read his book?
(a) When Steph made them all a present for Christmas.
(b) When their mother used to take them to the library.
(c) When Vernon used to be nice to him.
(d) When their dad used to have time to read to them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Miss Annie say should be told about Ronald's effort to talk?
2. What is the only subject Vernon fails on his final report card?
3. Who finds the shoes that are prefect for Ronald?
4. Where does Sandra say she found Vernon's book?
5. What's wrong with Miss Annie that keeps her from walking around the neighborhood?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)