|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ben say Miss Annie gave him when he went to her house to see the cat that lives under her porch?
(a) The cat.
(b) A soda.
(d) A book.
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the questions Maxine says Miss Marlow has asked about Ronald?
(a) When he had his shots.
(b) What he eats for supper.
(c) What kind of exercise he gets.
(d) What time he goes to bed.
3. Where does Vernon's day say Tony had a welt the day after Vernon and Tony fought?
(a) On his left arm.
(b) On his right arm.
(c) On his neck.
(d) On his side.
4. What is Vernon's response when Ben says Maxine is looking for him at the beginning of chapter 28?
(a) That he'll go over to see her.
(b) That she can call.
(c) That he doesn't care what she has to say.
(d) That she can write a letter.
5. Where does Vernon find Brownie's dog food?
(a) In the living room floor.
(b) In the kitchen cabinet.
(c) On the back porch.
(d) In a corner.
6. How does Maxine get home?
(a) She walks by herself.
(b) The police take her.
(c) Vernon walks with her.
(d) Mr. Murphy takes her.
7. What does the woman with all the junk in the yard say Ronald is doing while he stares at her yard?
(a) Just staring.
8. Why does Vernon's dad say he wants Vernon to be the one to teach him?
(a) Vernon is spending too much time away from home.
(b) Vernon has enough free time.
(c) Vernon is the only one who seems to know how.
(d) Vernon is patient.
9. What is Maxine's response when Vernon asks about a recent appointment?
(a) That it's none of his business.
(b) That she was signing Ronald up for classes.
(c) That she was giving up custody of Ronald.
(d) That she was signing up for alcoholic anonymous.
10. Which of the seeds does Miss Annie say has to be sowed "with a sweeping motion" in dirt as fine as sand?
(d) Morning glories.
11. What kind of shoes has Vernon been wearing all spring?
(a) Worn out tennis shoes.
12. Where does Miss Annie say she's going to get seeds for Maxine's garden?
(a) She'll get them from Milt's.
(b) She'll go to town.
(c) She's going to send Vernon to get them.
(d) She's ordered them.
13. Where is the mailbox where Vernon mails his letter?
(a) Near the city park.
(b) In front of Milt's.
(c) On the corner.
(d) Three blocks away in a rough neighborhood.
14. Why does Vernon feel responsible for the situation involving Miss Marlow's questions about Maxine?
(a) Becaue he likes Miss Marlow.
(b) Because Jerry believes Vernon is to blame.
(c) Because he'd put on the street carnival.
(d) Because he told Miss Marlow about Maxine's arrest.
15. Where does Vernon put his homework when he arrives at Miss Annie's in chapter 22?
(a) On the kitchen table.
(b) On the coffee table.
(c) In Miss Annie's hand.
(d) On the couch.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the memory Ben mentions that makes Vernon decide to let the younger children read his book?
2. What is Maxine having for dinner on Sunday in chapter 20?
3. Who reads part of Vernon's book to Ben?
4. What is the favor Steph asks of Tony?
5. What do the boys watch on television at Bobby's house?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)