|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sandra say she found Vernon's book?
(a) On the sidewalk.
(b) By his bed.
(c) On the kitchen table.
(d) On the couch.
2. Why does Vernon come home early from school that Wednesday in chapter 21?
(a) He pretended to be sick.
(b) There was a fire at the school.
(c) His teacher was ill.
(d) The electricity had gone out.
3. What is Vernon's response when Miss Annie says she wants Vernon to help with a garden?
(a) That he'll gather up some others to help.
(b) That it has to be cared for.
(c) That he doesn't want to do it.
(d) That it's too much work.
4. What is the suggestion Jerry makes when Ronald argues that Maxine is "mostly" a good mother?
(a) That he should let the officials decide.
(b) That he should help Maxine give up liquor.
(c) That he should tell Miss Marlow.
(d) That he should talk to Miss Annie about it.
5. Who does Miss Annie say will help Ronald get into his pajamas?
(b) Miss Annie.
(c) No one.
(d) Miss Marlow.
6. Which of the following is NOT one of the questions Maxine says Miss Marlow has asked about Ronald?
(a) When he had his shots.
(b) What kind of exercise he gets.
(c) What he eats for supper.
(d) What time he goes to bed.
7. Where does Miss Marlow say Ronald is going to live?
(b) A state hospital.
(c) A special school.
(d) North Carolina.
8. What is Maxine's last name?
9. Where does Miss Annie say she's going to get seeds for Maxine's garden?
(a) She'll go to town.
(b) She's going to send Vernon to get them.
(c) She's ordered them.
(d) She'll get them from Milt's.
10. What does Vernon promise the Meyers in order to keep Mr. Meyers from pressing charges?
(a) That he'll clean up the mess Maxine made.
(b) That he'll mow their yard for a month.
(c) That he'll call the police himself if Maxine gets drunk again.
(d) That Maxine won't ever get drunk again.
11. What's wrong with Miss Annie that keeps her from walking around the neighborhood?
(a) She doesn't have shoes.
(b) Her back.
(c) She's lazy.
12. Who is Jimmy?
(a) Jerry's oldest brother.
(b) Vernon's cousin who's coming for a visit.
(c) A friend of Ben's who got in trouble.
(d) A bagger at the A&P who is taking Steph out.
13. What is Vernon's response when Ben says Maxine is looking for him at the beginning of chapter 28?
(a) That she can write a letter.
(b) That he doesn't care what she has to say.
(c) That she can call.
(d) That he'll go over to see her.
14. Who gets Ronald ready for the Special Olympics?
(a) Miss Annie.
(d) Miss Moore.
15. What does Vernon give Ronald while they're working on the garden?
(a) A candy bar.
(b) A stick of gum.
(c) A hat.
(d) A shovel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finds the shoes that are prefect for Ronald?
2. What does Ben say Miss Annie gave him when he went to her house to see the cat that lives under her porch?
3. What does Vernon plan to buy for Ronald first on their shopping trip?
4. What do the boys watch on television at Bobby's house?
5. Who is waiting outside the shoe store?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)