|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the nickname Vernon says is perfect for Miss Annie?
(b) Book Master.
(d) Encyclopedia Annie.
2. What does Miss Annie say is a fascinating fact about Eleanor Pappas?
(a) That she speaks five languages.
(b) That she has fourteen foster children.
(c) That some people believe she killed her husband.
(d) That she's been to every continent.
3. What is it Vernon's dad says he wants Vernon to teach him?
(a) To read.
(b) To speak French.
(c) To repair ten-speed bicycles.
(d) To do the trick to make money disappear.
4. What does Vernon give Ronald while they're working on the garden?
(a) A candy bar.
(b) A stick of gum.
(c) A shovel.
(d) A hat.
5. What does Ronald kick when Vernon and Maxine are arguing?
(a) The television.
(d) The couch.
6. Where does Ronald leave the note he writes for Maxine?
(a) On the front door.
(b) On the couch.
(c) On the table.
(d) The book doesn't say.
7. What is Maxine's last name?
8. Where does Sandra say she found Vernon's book?
(a) On the sidewalk.
(b) On the kitchen table.
(c) On the couch.
(d) By his bed.
9. What is the memory Ben mentions that makes Vernon decide to let the younger children read his book?
(a) When Vernon used to be nice to him.
(b) When their dad used to have time to read to them.
(c) When their mother used to take them to the library.
(d) When Steph made them all a present for Christmas.
10. Who is waiting outside the shoe store?
(a) Mr. Murphy and Vernon's dad.
(b) A lot of little kids who want to watch .
(c) Miss Annie and Maxine.
(d) Bobby, Chris and Jerry.
11. What is the trick Vernon teaches Brownie?
(a) To shake hands.
(b) To jump onto the couch.
(c) To roll over.
(d) To sit.
12. What is the favor Steph asks of Tony?
(a) To help with the laundry.
(b) To borrow money for pantyhose.
(c) To do homework for her.
(d) To take care of Ben and Sandra.
13. What is the name of the store where Vernon goes to buy Ronald's shoes?
(b) Shoe City.
(c) Shoe Carnival.
(d) Shoes, Shoes, Shoes.
14. Why does Daddy buy breath mints after supper?
(a) They had no toothpaste.
(b) It was just a treat.
(c) They had onions.
(d) They had fish.
15. What do the boys watch on television at Bobby's house?
(a) A western.
(d) A horror movie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Jimmy?
2. According to Jerry, which of the following is one of the questions the caller asked?
3. What does Miss Annie say a neighbor left on the porch for Ronald's supper?
4. What does Ben say Miss Annie gave him when he went to her house to see the cat that lives under her porch?
5. Where does Miss Marlow say Ronald is going to live?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)