|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Miss Annie call after she learns Miss Marlow has been asking questions?
(b) A man named Sam.
(c) Miss Marlow.
(d) The police .
2. How does Maxine get home?
(a) Mr. Murphy takes her.
(b) The police take her.
(c) Vernon walks with her.
(d) She walks by herself.
3. What is the only subject Vernon fails on his final report card?
4. What is the nickname Vernon says is perfect for Miss Annie?
(a) Encyclopedia Annie.
(c) Book Master.
5. Who reads part of Vernon's book to Ben?
6. What does Vernon say about the smell of the dirt as he's digging Maxine's garden?
(a) That he can't stand it long enough to finish the digging.
(b) That he hates it.
(c) That he likes it.
(d) That it smells like a promise.
7. Which of the following is NOT one of the questions Maxine says Miss Marlow has asked about Ronald?
(a) What kind of exercise he gets.
(b) What time he goes to bed.
(c) What he eats for supper.
(d) When he had his shots.
8. Who tells Vernon that Maxine is drunk in front of the Meyer's house?
9. What does Miss Annie say when Vernon begins to pull a particular weed out of the garden?
(a) That he should be careful to pull them all .
(b) That he can't possibly pull them all.
(c) That he should dig it up instead.
(d) That weeds can be beautiful .
10. What is the word Ronald is apparently trying to say?
11. What color are Ronald's new shoes?
(b) Blue .
(d) Red and white.
12. What are the first words Miss Annie says when Vernon arrives for his lesson in chapter 22?
(a) The seeds arrived.
(b) You're late.
(c) You're right on time.
(d) You're early.
13. How does Vernon get into the house in the opening of chapter 26?
(a) The door is unlocked and he goes inside.
(b) Maxine opens the door.
(c) Ronald opens the door.
(d) He knows where the spare key is.
14. What does Vernon promise the Meyers in order to keep Mr. Meyers from pressing charges?
(a) That Maxine won't ever get drunk again.
(b) That he'll clean up the mess Maxine made.
(c) That he'll mow their yard for a month.
(d) That he'll call the police himself if Maxine gets drunk again.
15. What does Ben say Miss Annie gave him when he went to her house to see the cat that lives under her porch?
(a) A book.
(c) A soda.
(d) The cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Miss Annie say should be told about Ronald's effort to talk?
2. What does Bobby's mom make as a treat for the boys while they're watching television?
3. Where does Miss Annie say she's going to get seeds for Maxine's garden?
4. Where does Sandra say she found Vernon's book?
5. Who does Vernon see outside Maxine's house when he and Miss Annie are looking out the window?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)