|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Vernon's day say Tony had a welt the day after Vernon and Tony fought?
(a) On his neck.
(b) On his right arm.
(c) On his left arm.
(d) On his side.
2. According to Jerry, which of the following is one of the questions the caller asked?
(a) If Maxine has ever been in jail.
(b) If Ronald's father takes care of him when Maxine is drunk.
(c) If Maxine had ever been seen beating Ronald.
(d) If Vernon is a good influence on Ronald.
3. What does Vernon do with the ribbons Ronald wins?
(a) Puts them in Ronald's pocket.
(b) Holds them for Ronald.
(c) Has Miss Marlow keep them.
(d) Pins them on Ronald's shirt.
4. Who does Miss Annie say will help Ronald get into his pajamas?
(a) No one.
(c) Miss Marlow.
(d) Miss Annie.
5. Who does Jerry say called his father the previous night?
(a) His aunt.
(c) Miss Marlow.
(d) A woman from Social Services.
6. What color are Ronald's new shoes?
(c) Red and white.
(d) Blue .
7. How does Miss Annie say she knows so much about gardening?
(b) Her husband and father were farmers.
(c) She's always had a garden.
(d) She doesn't say.
8. What does Vernon give Jerry after their argument about Maxine and Ronald?
(a) A baseball.
(c) His baseball cards.
(d) His book.
9. What chore does Vernon's dad say they are all going to take turns doing?
(a) Doing laundry.
(b) Watering the flowers.
(c) Washing dishes.
(d) Taking out the trash.
10. Why does Vernon feel responsible for the situation involving Miss Marlow's questions about Maxine?
(a) Because he'd put on the street carnival.
(b) Because he told Miss Marlow about Maxine's arrest.
(c) Because Jerry believes Vernon is to blame.
(d) Becaue he likes Miss Marlow.
11. What are Mitchell and Ben "singing" when Vernon arrives home in chapter 24?
(a) That Ronald's retarded.
(b) That Vernon's friends with the crazy lady.
(c) That Vernon has a girlfried.
(d) That Steph has a boyfriend.
12. What is it Vernon's dad says he wants Vernon to teach him?
(a) To read.
(b) To repair ten-speed bicycles.
(c) To speak French.
(d) To do the trick to make money disappear.
13. What is Maxine's response when Vernon asks about a recent appointment?
(a) That she was giving up custody of Ronald.
(b) That it's none of his business.
(c) That she was signing up for alcoholic anonymous.
(d) That she was signing Ronald up for classes.
14. Why does Vernon go to Miss Annie's house after church in chapter 17?
(a) To help her clean up her yard.
(b) To tell her about Ronald's new shoes.
(c) To thank her for the book.
(d) To ask if she'll help him with another carnival.
15. Who does Vernon see outside Maxine's house when he and Miss Annie are looking out the window?
(a) Miss Marlow.
(b) The police.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the mailbox where Vernon mails his letter?
2. What is the only subject Vernon fails on his final report card?
3. What is the first thing Ronald and Vernon do after they're registered?
4. Where does Miss Annie say she's going to get seeds for Maxine's garden?
5. Where does Sandra say she found Vernon's book?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)