|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Daddy buy breath mints after supper?
(a) They had onions.
(b) They had fish.
(c) They had no toothpaste.
(d) It was just a treat.
2. What is the favor Steph asks of Tony?
(a) To do homework for her.
(b) To take care of Ben and Sandra.
(c) To borrow money for pantyhose.
(d) To help with the laundry.
3. Where is the mailbox where Vernon mails his letter?
(a) Near the city park.
(b) On the corner.
(c) In front of Milt's.
(d) Three blocks away in a rough neighborhood.
4. How does Miss Annie say she knows so much about gardening?
(b) She's always had a garden.
(c) She doesn't say.
(d) Her husband and father were farmers.
5. What is the nickname Vernon says is perfect for Miss Annie?
(b) Encyclopedia Annie.
(d) Book Master.
6. Which of the seeds does Miss Annie say has to be sowed "with a sweeping motion" in dirt as fine as sand?
(a) Morning glories.
7. What does Bobby say he'd do if he had a teacher who was as pretty as Miss Marlow?
(a) Make straight A's.
(b) Go to class every day.
(c) Never go back to school.
(d) Grow up and marry her.
8. What is Vernon's response when Ben says Maxine is looking for him at the beginning of chapter 28?
(a) That she can call.
(b) That he'll go over to see her.
(c) That he doesn't care what she has to say.
(d) That she can write a letter.
9. What kind of shoes has Vernon been wearing all spring?
(d) Worn out tennis shoes.
10. What is Maxine having for dinner on Sunday in chapter 20?
(a) Macaroni and cheese.
(b) Burgers and fries.
(c) Grilled hot dogs.
(d) Chicken and potatoes.
11. What's wrong with Miss Annie that keeps her from walking around the neighborhood?
(a) She doesn't have shoes.
(b) Her back.
(d) She's lazy.
12. What is the date for the Special Olympics?
(a) April 8.
(b) May 22.
(c) June 15.
(d) July 19.
13. What are the first words Miss Annie says when Vernon arrives for his lesson in chapter 22?
(a) You're right on time.
(b) The seeds arrived.
(c) You're late.
(d) You're early.
14. Why does Vernon feel responsible for the situation involving Miss Marlow's questions about Maxine?
(a) Because he'd put on the street carnival.
(b) Becaue he likes Miss Marlow.
(c) Because Jerry believes Vernon is to blame.
(d) Because he told Miss Marlow about Maxine's arrest.
15. What do the boys watch on television at Bobby's house?
(c) A horror movie.
(d) A western.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ronald begin doing when Maxine brings the coffee outside?
2. What does Ben say the cat that lives under Miss Annie's porch is named?
3. Where does Miss Annie say she's going to get seeds for Maxine's garden?
4. What are Mitchell and Ben "singing" when Vernon arrives home in chapter 24?
5. What is it Vernon's dad says he wants Vernon to teach him?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)