|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Miss Annie say Maxine and Ronald have gone?
(a) For Ronald's doctor's visit.
(c) To visit a relative.
(d) To Ronald's school.
2. What is the first thing Ronald and Vernon do after they're registered?
(a) Look for Miss Marlow.
(b) Get Cokes and hot dogs.
(c) Change into their official t-shirts.
(d) Make a practice walk around the track.
3. What do the boys watch on television at Bobby's house?
(c) A western.
(d) A horror movie.
4. Why does Vernon come home early from school that Wednesday in chapter 21?
(a) He pretended to be sick.
(b) There was a fire at the school.
(c) The electricity had gone out.
(d) His teacher was ill.
5. What does the woman with all the junk in the yard say Ronald is doing while he stares at her yard?
(b) Just staring.
6. What is Maxine having for dinner on Sunday in chapter 20?
(a) Macaroni and cheese.
(b) Grilled hot dogs.
(c) Burgers and fries.
(d) Chicken and potatoes.
7. How does Maxine get home?
(a) Mr. Murphy takes her.
(b) The police take her.
(c) Vernon walks with her.
(d) She walks by herself.
8. What does Steph ask of Vernon as soon as he gets home?
(a) To help with the zipper on her dress.
(b) To watch Ben and Sandra.
(c) To pick her up a pair of pantyhose from Milt's.
(d) To cook supper.
9. What is the favor Steph asks of Tony?
(a) To help with the laundry.
(b) To borrow money for pantyhose.
(c) To take care of Ben and Sandra.
(d) To do homework for her.
10. What are Mitchell and Ben "singing" when Vernon arrives home in chapter 24?
(a) That Ronald's retarded.
(b) That Vernon has a girlfried.
(c) That Vernon's friends with the crazy lady.
(d) That Steph has a boyfriend.
11. What does Vernon plan to buy for Ronald first on their shopping trip?
(a) Pants and shirts.
(d) Ice cream.
12. Why does Vernon feel responsible for the situation involving Miss Marlow's questions about Maxine?
(a) Because he'd put on the street carnival.
(b) Because Jerry believes Vernon is to blame.
(c) Becaue he likes Miss Marlow.
(d) Because he told Miss Marlow about Maxine's arrest.
13. What does Ronald begin doing when Maxine brings the coffee outside?
(a) Begging for a soda.
(b) Running around pretending to be an airplane.
(c) Chopping at the ground with a hoe.
(d) Drinking coffee.
14. Who does Miss Annie call after she learns Miss Marlow has been asking questions?
(a) A man named Sam.
(b) The police .
(d) Miss Marlow.
15. What does Bobby say he'd do if he had a teacher who was as pretty as Miss Marlow?
(a) Go to class every day.
(b) Make straight A's.
(c) Never go back to school.
(d) Grow up and marry her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Annie say a neighbor left on the porch for Ronald's supper?
2. What is the only subject Vernon fails on his final report card?
3. Who is waiting outside the shoe store?
4. Which of the following is NOT one of the questions Maxine says Miss Marlow has asked about Ronald?
5. Where does Ronald leave the note he writes for Maxine?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)