|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Miss Annie say she's going to get seeds for Maxine's garden?
(a) She's ordered them.
(b) She's going to send Vernon to get them.
(c) She'll go to town.
(d) She'll get them from Milt's.
2. Why does Vernon go to Miss Annie's house after church in chapter 17?
(a) To tell her about Ronald's new shoes.
(b) To help her clean up her yard.
(c) To thank her for the book.
(d) To ask if she'll help him with another carnival.
3. What is the favor Steph asks of Tony?
(a) To help with the laundry.
(b) To do homework for her.
(c) To borrow money for pantyhose.
(d) To take care of Ben and Sandra.
4. What are Mitchell and Ben "singing" when Vernon arrives home in chapter 24?
(a) That Vernon's friends with the crazy lady.
(b) That Ronald's retarded.
(c) That Vernon has a girlfried.
(d) That Steph has a boyfriend.
5. What is the only subject Vernon fails on his final report card?
6. Which of the seeds does Miss Annie say has to be sowed "with a sweeping motion" in dirt as fine as sand?
(a) Morning glories.
7. Maxine interrupts the church service and as she's being led out, what does she say Ronald needs more than anything else?
(b) A family.
(c) A bicycle.
8. What does Bobby's mom make as a treat for the boys while they're watching television?
(c) A carrot cake.
9. What chore does Vernon's dad say they are all going to take turns doing?
(a) Taking out the trash.
(b) Doing laundry.
(c) Watering the flowers.
(d) Washing dishes.
10. What is Maxine's last name?
11. What does Ben say Miss Annie gave him when he went to her house to see the cat that lives under her porch?
(b) The cat.
(c) A book.
(d) A soda.
12. Why does Vernon's dad say he wants Vernon to be the one to teach him?
(a) Vernon is patient.
(b) Vernon is the only one who seems to know how.
(c) Vernon is spending too much time away from home.
(d) Vernon has enough free time.
13. Who does Miss Annie say should be told about Ronald's effort to talk?
(a) No one.
(b) Miss Marlow.
(d) Special Services officials.
14. Where does Vernon's day say Tony had a welt the day after Vernon and Tony fought?
(a) On his right arm.
(b) On his neck.
(c) On his side.
(d) On his left arm.
15. What does Vernon give Jerry after their argument about Maxine and Ronald?
(b) A baseball.
(c) His baseball cards.
(d) His book.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Vernon get into the house in the opening of chapter 26?
2. What does Steph ask of Vernon as soon as he gets home?
3. What does Ronald kick when Vernon and Maxine are arguing?
4. What does Ben say the cat that lives under Miss Annie's porch is named?
5. What is the trick Vernon teaches Brownie?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)