|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Vernon's day say Tony had a welt the day after Vernon and Tony fought?
(a) On his left arm.
(b) On his right arm.
(c) On his side.
(d) On his neck.
2. What does Vernon do with the ribbons Ronald wins?
(a) Has Miss Marlow keep them.
(b) Puts them in Ronald's pocket.
(c) Holds them for Ronald.
(d) Pins them on Ronald's shirt.
3. Who is waiting outside the shoe store?
(a) Mr. Murphy and Vernon's dad.
(b) Miss Annie and Maxine.
(c) A lot of little kids who want to watch .
(d) Bobby, Chris and Jerry.
4. What does Miss Annie say when Vernon says the problems with Miss Marlow are his fault because of the fair?
(a) That it's more Tony's fault for not warning him.
(b) That he's right but it's okay.
(c) That Maxine is an adult and responsible for her own actions.
(d) That Vernon isn't the only one to blame.
5. What color are Ronald's new shoes?
(b) Blue .
(d) Red and white.
6. What does Ben say Miss Etta gave him?
(b) Toy guns.
(d) A soda.
7. Why does Vernon feel responsible for the situation involving Miss Marlow's questions about Maxine?
(a) Because he told Miss Marlow about Maxine's arrest.
(b) Because Jerry believes Vernon is to blame.
(c) Because he'd put on the street carnival.
(d) Becaue he likes Miss Marlow.
8. What does Vernon give Ronald while they're working on the garden?
(a) A candy bar.
(b) A hat.
(c) A stick of gum.
(d) A shovel.
9. What is the only subject Vernon fails on his final report card?
10. What does the woman with all the junk in the yard say Ronald is doing while he stares at her yard?
(a) Just staring.
11. What does Ronald kick when Vernon and Maxine are arguing?
(b) The television.
(c) The couch.
12. How does Maxine get home?
(a) Mr. Murphy takes her.
(b) She walks by herself.
(c) The police take her.
(d) Vernon walks with her.
13. Why does Vernon come home early from school that Wednesday in chapter 21?
(a) There was a fire at the school.
(b) The electricity had gone out.
(c) His teacher was ill.
(d) He pretended to be sick.
14. Which of the following is NOT one of the questions Maxine says Miss Marlow has asked about Ronald?
(a) When he had his shots.
(b) What time he goes to bed.
(c) What he eats for supper.
(d) What kind of exercise he gets.
15. What chore does Vernon's dad say they are all going to take turns doing?
(a) Watering the flowers.
(b) Taking out the trash.
(c) Washing dishes.
(d) Doing laundry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Vernon see outside Maxine's house when he and Miss Annie are looking out the window?
2. Why does Maxine say she doesn't let Ronald wear his shoes as often as he wants?
3. What does Miss Annie say a neighbor left on the porch for Ronald's supper?
4. Maxine interrupts the church service and as she's being led out, what does she say Ronald needs more than anything else?
5. What is the name of the store where Vernon goes to buy Ronald's shoes?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)