|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Vernon's dad say he wants Vernon to be the one to teach him?
(a) Vernon has enough free time.
(b) Vernon is spending too much time away from home.
(c) Vernon is patient.
(d) Vernon is the only one who seems to know how.
2. What does Vernon plan to buy for Ronald first on their shopping trip?
(c) Pants and shirts.
(d) Ice cream.
3. Where does Miss Annie say she's going to get seeds for Maxine's garden?
(a) She'll go to town.
(b) She'll get them from Milt's.
(c) She's ordered them.
(d) She's going to send Vernon to get them.
4. What is the memory Ben mentions that makes Vernon decide to let the younger children read his book?
(a) When Vernon used to be nice to him.
(b) When their dad used to have time to read to them.
(c) When their mother used to take them to the library.
(d) When Steph made them all a present for Christmas.
5. What does Miss Annie say a neighbor left on the porch for Ronald's supper?
6. What does the woman with all the junk in the yard say Ronald is doing while he stares at her yard?
(c) Just staring.
7. What does Steph ask of Vernon as soon as he gets home?
(a) To cook supper.
(b) To pick her up a pair of pantyhose from Milt's.
(c) To help with the zipper on her dress.
(d) To watch Ben and Sandra.
8. What are the first words Miss Annie says when Vernon arrives for his lesson in chapter 22?
(a) You're early.
(b) You're right on time.
(c) The seeds arrived.
(d) You're late.
9. How does Miss Annie say she knows so much about gardening?
(b) She's always had a garden.
(c) Her husband and father were farmers.
(d) She doesn't say.
10. What are Mitchell and Ben "singing" when Vernon arrives home in chapter 24?
(a) That Vernon has a girlfried.
(b) That Vernon's friends with the crazy lady.
(c) That Steph has a boyfriend.
(d) That Ronald's retarded.
11. Where does Vernon's day say Tony had a welt the day after Vernon and Tony fought?
(a) On his left arm.
(b) On his side.
(c) On his neck.
(d) On his right arm.
12. What does Miss Annie say when Vernon says the problems with Miss Marlow are his fault because of the fair?
(a) That he's right but it's okay.
(b) That it's more Tony's fault for not warning him.
(c) That Maxine is an adult and responsible for her own actions.
(d) That Vernon isn't the only one to blame.
13. What's wrong with Miss Annie that keeps her from walking around the neighborhood?
(a) Her back.
(c) She's lazy.
(d) She doesn't have shoes.
14. Why does Maxine say she doesn't let Ronald wear his shoes as often as he wants?
(a) The shoes have to be new for the Special Olympics.
(b) She's afraid he'll wear them out before the Special Olympics.
(c) Because she wants him to wear out his old shoes first.
(d) Because he even wants to wear them to bed.
15. Which of the following is NOT one of the questions Maxine says Miss Marlow has asked about Ronald?
(a) When he had his shots.
(b) What time he goes to bed.
(c) What he eats for supper.
(d) What kind of exercise he gets.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Miss Marlow say Ronald is going to live?
2. Where does Vernon find Brownie's dog food?
3. What does Vernon do with the ribbons Ronald wins?
4. Who finds the shoes that are prefect for Ronald?
5. Who reads part of Vernon's book to Ben?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)