|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Vernon that Maxine is drunk in front of the Meyer's house?
2. What is the question Vernon asks the lady with all the junk in her yard in an effort to be polite?
(a) What her name is.
(b) How many statues she has.
(c) How she knows Ronald.
(d) If he can help clean her yard.
3. Which of the following is NOT one of the questions Maxine says Miss Marlow has asked about Ronald?
(a) When he had his shots.
(b) What time he goes to bed.
(c) What he eats for supper.
(d) What kind of exercise he gets.
4. What is the favor Steph asks of Tony?
(a) To borrow money for pantyhose.
(b) To help with the laundry.
(c) To take care of Ben and Sandra.
(d) To do homework for her.
5. What does Miss Annie say is a fascinating fact about Eleanor Pappas?
(a) That she has fourteen foster children.
(b) That some people believe she killed her husband.
(c) That she speaks five languages.
(d) That she's been to every continent.
6. Who reads part of Vernon's book to Ben?
7. What does Ben say Miss Annie gave him when he went to her house to see the cat that lives under her porch?
(a) A book.
(b) The cat.
(d) A soda.
8. What is the first thing Ronald and Vernon do after they're registered?
(a) Change into their official t-shirts.
(b) Look for Miss Marlow.
(c) Get Cokes and hot dogs.
(d) Make a practice walk around the track.
9. What does Maxine have in her hand when Vernon arrives to take him shopping?
(a) A bowl of cereal.
(b) A comb and a bar of soap.
(c) A bottle of liquor.
(d) A newspaper.
10. What is Vernon's response when Ben says Maxine is looking for him at the beginning of chapter 28?
(a) That he doesn't care what she has to say.
(b) That she can write a letter.
(c) That she can call.
(d) That he'll go over to see her.
11. How does Maxine get home?
(a) Vernon walks with her.
(b) She walks by herself.
(c) The police take her.
(d) Mr. Murphy takes her.
12. What does Ronald kick when Vernon and Maxine are arguing?
(b) The couch.
(d) The television.
13. What does the woman with all the junk in the yard say Ronald is doing while he stares at her yard?
(d) Just staring.
14. What are the first words Miss Annie says when Vernon arrives for his lesson in chapter 22?
(a) You're late.
(b) You're early.
(c) You're right on time.
(d) The seeds arrived.
15. Who does Jerry say called his father the previous night?
(b) His aunt.
(c) Miss Marlow.
(d) A woman from Social Services.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the suggestion Jerry makes when Ronald argues that Maxine is "mostly" a good mother?
2. Why does Maxine say she doesn't let Ronald wear his shoes as often as he wants?
3. What does Vernon do with the ribbons Ronald wins?
4. What is the trick Vernon teaches Brownie?
5. What is the nickname Vernon says is perfect for Miss Annie?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)