|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Maxine's response when Vernon asks about a recent appointment?
(a) That it's none of his business.
(b) That she was signing up for alcoholic anonymous.
(c) That she was giving up custody of Ronald.
(d) That she was signing Ronald up for classes.
2. What is the date for the Special Olympics?
(a) June 15.
(b) July 19.
(c) May 22.
(d) April 8.
3. What is it Vernon's dad says he wants Vernon to teach him?
(a) To do the trick to make money disappear.
(b) To repair ten-speed bicycles.
(c) To read.
(d) To speak French.
4. What kind of shoes has Vernon been wearing all spring?
(b) Worn out tennis shoes.
5. Who does Jerry say called his father the previous night?
(b) Miss Marlow.
(c) His aunt.
(d) A woman from Social Services.
6. Where does Vernon's day say Tony had a welt the day after Vernon and Tony fought?
(a) On his left arm.
(b) On his side.
(c) On his right arm.
(d) On his neck.
7. What is the word Ronald is apparently trying to say?
8. What does Miss Annie say when Vernon says the problems with Miss Marlow are his fault because of the fair?
(a) That Maxine is an adult and responsible for her own actions.
(b) That it's more Tony's fault for not warning him.
(c) That Vernon isn't the only one to blame.
(d) That he's right but it's okay.
9. Where does Miss Annie say she's going to get seeds for Maxine's garden?
(a) She'll get them from Milt's.
(b) She'll go to town.
(c) She's ordered them.
(d) She's going to send Vernon to get them.
10. What does Ben say Miss Etta gave him?
(b) Toy guns.
(d) A soda.
11. What is the only subject Vernon fails on his final report card?
12. Who does Vernon see outside Maxine's house when he and Miss Annie are looking out the window?
(c) Miss Marlow.
(d) The police.
13. Who does Miss Annie call after she learns Miss Marlow has been asking questions?
(a) A man named Sam.
(b) The police .
(d) Miss Marlow.
14. Why does Vernon go to Miss Annie's house after church in chapter 17?
(a) To help her clean up her yard.
(b) To tell her about Ronald's new shoes.
(c) To ask if she'll help him with another carnival.
(d) To thank her for the book.
15. What does Bobby's mom make as a treat for the boys while they're watching television?
(a) A carrot cake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vernon give Jerry after their argument about Maxine and Ronald?
2. What is the favor Steph asks of Tony?
3. What is the first thing Ronald and Vernon do after they're registered?
4. Maxine interrupts the church service and as she's being led out, what does she say Ronald needs more than anything else?
5. What does Maxine have in her hand when Vernon arrives to take him shopping?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)