|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who reads part of Vernon's book to Ben?
2. What does Steph say the family is going to do for supper?
(a) Go out.
(b) Sandra can cook.
(c) Cook it themselves.
(d) She's already made spaghetti.
3. What is the name of the store where Vernon goes to buy Ronald's shoes?
(b) Shoe Carnival.
(c) Shoes, Shoes, Shoes.
(d) Shoe City.
4. Who does Miss Annie say will help Ronald get into his pajamas?
(a) Miss Annie.
(b) Miss Marlow.
(c) No one.
5. What is the memory Ben mentions that makes Vernon decide to let the younger children read his book?
(a) When Vernon used to be nice to him.
(b) When Steph made them all a present for Christmas.
(c) When their mother used to take them to the library.
(d) When their dad used to have time to read to them.
6. What kind of shoes has Vernon been wearing all spring?
(b) Worn out tennis shoes.
7. Where is the mailbox where Vernon mails his letter?
(a) Three blocks away in a rough neighborhood.
(b) On the corner.
(c) In front of Milt's.
(d) Near the city park.
8. What does Ben say Miss Annie gave him when he went to her house to see the cat that lives under her porch?
(a) A book.
(c) A soda.
(d) The cat.
9. What does Ben say the cat that lives under Miss Annie's porch is named?
(b) It doesn't have a name.
(c) Fredrick Douglas.
10. Where does Vernon find Brownie's dog food?
(a) In the living room floor.
(b) On the back porch.
(c) In the kitchen cabinet.
(d) In a corner.
11. Who does Miss Annie say should be told about Ronald's effort to talk?
(a) No one.
(b) Special Services officials.
(d) Miss Marlow.
12. Which of the following is NOT one of the questions Maxine says Miss Marlow has asked about Ronald?
(a) What time he goes to bed.
(b) What he eats for supper.
(c) What kind of exercise he gets.
(d) When he had his shots.
13. What does Ronald kick when Vernon and Maxine are arguing?
(a) The television.
(c) The couch.
14. Who finds the shoes that are prefect for Ronald?
(a) The salesman.
15. Where does Sandra say she found Vernon's book?
(a) By his bed.
(b) On the kitchen table.
(c) On the couch.
(d) On the sidewalk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Steph ask of Vernon as soon as he gets home?
2. What are the first words Miss Annie says when Vernon arrives for his lesson in chapter 22?
3. According to Jerry, which of the following is one of the questions the caller asked?
4. Why does Vernon feel responsible for the situation involving Miss Marlow's questions about Maxine?
5. Where does Vernon put his homework when he arrives at Miss Annie's in chapter 22?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)