|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Vernon go to Miss Annie's house after church in chapter 17?
(a) To help her clean up her yard.
(b) To thank her for the book.
(c) To tell her about Ronald's new shoes.
(d) To ask if she'll help him with another carnival.
2. What does Vernon give Ronald while they're working on the garden?
(a) A candy bar.
(b) A stick of gum.
(c) A hat.
(d) A shovel.
3. What is the date for the Special Olympics?
(a) June 15.
(b) April 8.
(c) May 22.
(d) July 19.
4. What does Miss Annie say when Vernon says the problems with Miss Marlow are his fault because of the fair?
(a) That Maxine is an adult and responsible for her own actions.
(b) That it's more Tony's fault for not warning him.
(c) That he's right but it's okay.
(d) That Vernon isn't the only one to blame.
5. Where does Ronald leave the note he writes for Maxine?
(a) On the couch.
(b) The book doesn't say.
(c) On the table.
(d) On the front door.
6. How does Maxine get home?
(a) The police take her.
(b) She walks by herself.
(c) Mr. Murphy takes her.
(d) Vernon walks with her.
7. What is the favor Steph asks of Tony?
(a) To take care of Ben and Sandra.
(b) To help with the laundry.
(c) To do homework for her.
(d) To borrow money for pantyhose.
8. What does Ben say Miss Annie gave him when he went to her house to see the cat that lives under her porch?
(b) The cat.
(c) A soda.
(d) A book.
9. Why does Vernon come home early from school that Wednesday in chapter 21?
(a) The electricity had gone out.
(b) He pretended to be sick.
(c) There was a fire at the school.
(d) His teacher was ill.
10. What are the first words Miss Annie says when Vernon arrives for his lesson in chapter 22?
(a) You're right on time.
(b) You're early.
(c) The seeds arrived.
(d) You're late.
11. What does Ronald begin doing when Maxine brings the coffee outside?
(a) Drinking coffee.
(b) Begging for a soda.
(c) Chopping at the ground with a hoe.
(d) Running around pretending to be an airplane.
12. What does Miss Annie say a neighbor left on the porch for Ronald's supper?
13. What does Ronald kick when Vernon and Maxine are arguing?
(a) The television.
(d) The couch.
14. What is the only subject Vernon fails on his final report card?
15. Why does Daddy buy breath mints after supper?
(a) They had fish.
(b) They had no toothpaste.
(c) It was just a treat.
(d) They had onions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Vernon's day say Tony had a welt the day after Vernon and Tony fought?
2. Where does Miss Marlow say Ronald is going to live?
3. Maxine interrupts the church service and as she's being led out, what does she say Ronald needs more than anything else?
4. Who tells Vernon that Maxine is drunk in front of the Meyer's house?
5. What do the boys watch on television at Bobby's house?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)