|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is waiting outside the shoe store?
(a) A lot of little kids who want to watch .
(b) Bobby, Chris and Jerry.
(c) Mr. Murphy and Vernon's dad.
(d) Miss Annie and Maxine.
2. What is the favor Steph asks of Tony?
(a) To do homework for her.
(b) To help with the laundry.
(c) To take care of Ben and Sandra.
(d) To borrow money for pantyhose.
3. Where does Miss Annie say Maxine and Ronald have gone?
(a) To Ronald's school.
(b) To visit a relative.
(c) For Ronald's doctor's visit.
4. Who gets Ronald ready for the Special Olympics?
(b) Miss Moore.
(c) Miss Annie.
5. Where does Ronald leave the note he writes for Maxine?
(a) On the couch.
(b) On the table.
(c) On the front door.
(d) The book doesn't say.
6. What does Steph say the family is going to do for supper?
(a) Go out.
(b) Sandra can cook.
(c) She's already made spaghetti.
(d) Cook it themselves.
7. Where does Sandra say she found Vernon's book?
(a) By his bed.
(b) On the couch.
(c) On the sidewalk.
(d) On the kitchen table.
8. What does Vernon plan to buy for Ronald first on their shopping trip?
(b) Pants and shirts.
(c) Ice cream.
9. Who does Miss Annie call after she learns Miss Marlow has been asking questions?
(a) A man named Sam.
(b) Miss Marlow.
(d) The police .
10. What is it Vernon's dad says he wants Vernon to teach him?
(a) To speak French.
(b) To read.
(c) To do the trick to make money disappear.
(d) To repair ten-speed bicycles.
11. Why does Maxine say she doesn't let Ronald wear his shoes as often as he wants?
(a) She's afraid he'll wear them out before the Special Olympics.
(b) Because he even wants to wear them to bed.
(c) Because she wants him to wear out his old shoes first.
(d) The shoes have to be new for the Special Olympics.
12. What is Maxine's response when Vernon asks about a recent appointment?
(a) That it's none of his business.
(b) That she was signing Ronald up for classes.
(c) That she was signing up for alcoholic anonymous.
(d) That she was giving up custody of Ronald.
13. What does Maxine have in her hand when Vernon arrives to take him shopping?
(a) A bottle of liquor.
(b) A comb and a bar of soap.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A bowl of cereal.
14. Which of the following is NOT one of the questions Maxine says Miss Marlow has asked about Ronald?
(a) What time he goes to bed.
(b) When he had his shots.
(c) What he eats for supper.
(d) What kind of exercise he gets.
15. Who does Miss Annie say should be told about Ronald's effort to talk?
(b) No one.
(c) Miss Marlow.
(d) Special Services officials.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only subject Vernon fails on his final report card?
2. Who does Miss Annie say will help Ronald get into his pajamas?
3. How does Miss Annie say she knows so much about gardening?
4. What are Mitchell and Ben "singing" when Vernon arrives home in chapter 24?
5. What kind of shoes has Vernon been wearing all spring?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)