|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Jimmy?
(a) Vernon's cousin who's coming for a visit.
(b) Jerry's oldest brother.
(c) A friend of Ben's who got in trouble.
(d) A bagger at the A&P who is taking Steph out.
2. What does Vernon promise the Meyers in order to keep Mr. Meyers from pressing charges?
(a) That he'll mow their yard for a month.
(b) That he'll clean up the mess Maxine made.
(c) That he'll call the police himself if Maxine gets drunk again.
(d) That Maxine won't ever get drunk again.
3. What does Ronald kick when Vernon and Maxine are arguing?
(b) The television.
(d) The couch.
4. Where does Sandra say she found Vernon's book?
(a) By his bed.
(b) On the kitchen table.
(c) On the sidewalk.
(d) On the couch.
5. What's wrong with Miss Annie that keeps her from walking around the neighborhood?
(b) Her back.
(c) She doesn't have shoes.
(d) She's lazy.
6. What does Bobby's mom make as a treat for the boys while they're watching television?
(b) A carrot cake.
7. Why does Daddy buy breath mints after supper?
(a) They had onions.
(b) It was just a treat.
(c) They had no toothpaste.
(d) They had fish.
8. What is the only subject Vernon fails on his final report card?
9. What is it Vernon's dad says he wants Vernon to teach him?
(a) To speak French.
(b) To do the trick to make money disappear.
(c) To read.
(d) To repair ten-speed bicycles.
10. Who finds the shoes that are prefect for Ronald?
(c) The salesman.
11. Why does Maxine say she doesn't let Ronald wear his shoes as often as he wants?
(a) Because she wants him to wear out his old shoes first.
(b) The shoes have to be new for the Special Olympics.
(c) She's afraid he'll wear them out before the Special Olympics.
(d) Because he even wants to wear them to bed.
12. Who does Jerry say called his father the previous night?
(a) His aunt.
(b) Miss Marlow.
(c) A woman from Social Services.
13. Which of the following is NOT one of the questions Maxine says Miss Marlow has asked about Ronald?
(a) What time he goes to bed.
(b) What he eats for supper.
(c) When he had his shots.
(d) What kind of exercise he gets.
14. What is the nickname Vernon says is perfect for Miss Annie?
(b) Book Master.
(d) Encyclopedia Annie.
15. What does Vernon say about the smell of the dirt as he's digging Maxine's garden?
(a) That he likes it.
(b) That it smells like a promise.
(c) That he can't stand it long enough to finish the digging.
(d) That he hates it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Vernon feel responsible for the situation involving Miss Marlow's questions about Maxine?
2. What does Miss Annie say is a fascinating fact about Eleanor Pappas?
3. What chore does Vernon's dad say they are all going to take turns doing?
4. Maxine interrupts the church service and as she's being led out, what does she say Ronald needs more than anything else?
5. Who reads part of Vernon's book to Ben?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)