|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the question Vernon asks the lady with all the junk in her yard in an effort to be polite?
(a) How many statues she has.
(b) If he can help clean her yard.
(c) What her name is.
(d) How she knows Ronald.
2. Who finds the shoes that are prefect for Ronald?
(b) The salesman.
3. How does Vernon get into the house in the opening of chapter 26?
(a) Maxine opens the door.
(b) The door is unlocked and he goes inside.
(c) He knows where the spare key is.
(d) Ronald opens the door.
4. Who tells Vernon that Maxine is drunk in front of the Meyer's house?
5. What does Ronald kick when Vernon and Maxine are arguing?
(a) The couch.
(b) The television.
6. What is Maxine's last name?
7. What does Miss Annie say a neighbor left on the porch for Ronald's supper?
8. What are the first words Miss Annie says when Vernon arrives for his lesson in chapter 22?
(a) The seeds arrived.
(b) You're early.
(c) You're right on time.
(d) You're late.
9. What does Vernon give Ronald while they're working on the garden?
(a) A hat.
(b) A candy bar.
(c) A shovel.
(d) A stick of gum.
10. What does Steph say the family is going to do for supper?
(a) Sandra can cook.
(b) Go out.
(c) Cook it themselves.
(d) She's already made spaghetti.
11. Why does Vernon feel responsible for the situation involving Miss Marlow's questions about Maxine?
(a) Because he told Miss Marlow about Maxine's arrest.
(b) Because he'd put on the street carnival.
(c) Because Jerry believes Vernon is to blame.
(d) Becaue he likes Miss Marlow.
12. Who does Jerry say called his father the previous night?
(a) His aunt.
(c) Miss Marlow.
(d) A woman from Social Services.
13. Where does Vernon find Brownie's dog food?
(a) On the back porch.
(b) In the kitchen cabinet.
(c) In a corner.
(d) In the living room floor.
14. What is Maxine's response when Vernon asks about a recent appointment?
(a) That she was signing up for alcoholic anonymous.
(b) That it's none of his business.
(c) That she was signing Ronald up for classes.
(d) That she was giving up custody of Ronald.
15. What is Vernon's response when Miss Annie says she wants Vernon to help with a garden?
(a) That it has to be cared for.
(b) That it's too much work.
(c) That he doesn't want to do it.
(d) That he'll gather up some others to help.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the woman with all the junk in the yard say Ronald is doing while he stares at her yard?
2. Why does Vernon come home early from school that Wednesday in chapter 21?
3. What do the boys watch on television at Bobby's house?
4. What does Vernon plan to buy for Ronald first on their shopping trip?
5. Who does Miss Annie call after she learns Miss Marlow has been asking questions?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)