|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Vernon go to Miss Annie's house after church in chapter 17?
(a) To ask if she'll help him with another carnival.
(b) To tell her about Ronald's new shoes.
(c) To help her clean up her yard.
(d) To thank her for the book.
2. What is Maxine's response when Vernon asks about a recent appointment?
(a) That she was giving up custody of Ronald.
(b) That she was signing up for alcoholic anonymous.
(c) That it's none of his business.
(d) That she was signing Ronald up for classes.
3. What does Steph say the family is going to do for supper?
(a) Sandra can cook.
(b) She's already made spaghetti.
(c) Go out.
(d) Cook it themselves.
4. What is the trick Vernon teaches Brownie?
(a) To jump onto the couch.
(b) To roll over.
(c) To sit.
(d) To shake hands.
5. What does Vernon plan to buy for Ronald first on their shopping trip?
(c) Ice cream.
(d) Pants and shirts.
6. What color are Ronald's new shoes?
(a) Blue .
(b) Red and white.
7. What is the first thing Ronald and Vernon do after they're registered?
(a) Make a practice walk around the track.
(b) Look for Miss Marlow.
(c) Change into their official t-shirts.
(d) Get Cokes and hot dogs.
8. Where does Vernon find Brownie's dog food?
(a) On the back porch.
(b) In a corner.
(c) In the living room floor.
(d) In the kitchen cabinet.
9. What is the favor Steph asks of Tony?
(a) To do homework for her.
(b) To borrow money for pantyhose.
(c) To help with the laundry.
(d) To take care of Ben and Sandra.
10. What chore does Vernon's dad say they are all going to take turns doing?
(a) Watering the flowers.
(b) Taking out the trash.
(c) Washing dishes.
(d) Doing laundry.
11. Why does Maxine say she doesn't let Ronald wear his shoes as often as he wants?
(a) She's afraid he'll wear them out before the Special Olympics.
(b) Because she wants him to wear out his old shoes first.
(c) Because he even wants to wear them to bed.
(d) The shoes have to be new for the Special Olympics.
12. What does Ben say the cat that lives under Miss Annie's porch is named?
(a) It doesn't have a name.
(b) Fredrick Douglas.
13. Who does Miss Annie say should be told about Ronald's effort to talk?
(a) Special Services officials.
(b) Miss Marlow.
(d) No one.
14. Why does Vernon come home early from school that Wednesday in chapter 21?
(a) The electricity had gone out.
(b) There was a fire at the school.
(c) His teacher was ill.
(d) He pretended to be sick.
15. Who does Jerry say called his father the previous night?
(b) His aunt.
(c) A woman from Social Services.
(d) Miss Marlow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the first words Miss Annie says when Vernon arrives for his lesson in chapter 22?
2. Where does Vernon's day say Tony had a welt the day after Vernon and Tony fought?
3. What does Vernon give Ronald while they're working on the garden?
4. Why does Vernon feel responsible for the situation involving Miss Marlow's questions about Maxine?
5. What is the only subject Vernon fails on his final report card?
This section contains 558 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)