|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Miss Annie say she knows so much about gardening?
(b) Her husband and father were farmers.
(c) She doesn't say.
(d) She's always had a garden.
2. What does Ben say Miss Annie gave him when he went to her house to see the cat that lives under her porch?
(b) A book.
(c) The cat.
(d) A soda.
3. What is the trick Vernon teaches Brownie?
(a) To roll over.
(b) To jump onto the couch.
(c) To shake hands.
(d) To sit.
4. Why does Vernon go to Miss Annie's house after church in chapter 17?
(a) To thank her for the book.
(b) To ask if she'll help him with another carnival.
(c) To help her clean up her yard.
(d) To tell her about Ronald's new shoes.
5. What does Vernon do with the ribbons Ronald wins?
(a) Holds them for Ronald.
(b) Has Miss Marlow keep them.
(c) Puts them in Ronald's pocket.
(d) Pins them on Ronald's shirt.
6. What does Bobby's mom make as a treat for the boys while they're watching television?
(b) A carrot cake.
7. What does Maxine have in her hand when Vernon arrives to take him shopping?
(a) A bowl of cereal.
(b) A newspaper.
(c) A bottle of liquor.
(d) A comb and a bar of soap.
8. What color are Ronald's new shoes?
(a) Red and white.
(d) Blue .
9. What is the nickname Vernon says is perfect for Miss Annie?
(b) Encyclopedia Annie.
(d) Book Master.
10. What is it Vernon's dad says he wants Vernon to teach him?
(a) To speak French.
(b) To read.
(c) To repair ten-speed bicycles.
(d) To do the trick to make money disappear.
11. Who is Jimmy?
(a) Jerry's oldest brother.
(b) Vernon's cousin who's coming for a visit.
(c) A friend of Ben's who got in trouble.
(d) A bagger at the A&P who is taking Steph out.
12. Why does Vernon feel responsible for the situation involving Miss Marlow's questions about Maxine?
(a) Becaue he likes Miss Marlow.
(b) Because Jerry believes Vernon is to blame.
(c) Because he told Miss Marlow about Maxine's arrest.
(d) Because he'd put on the street carnival.
13. Who finds the shoes that are prefect for Ronald?
(a) The salesman.
14. Who gets Ronald ready for the Special Olympics?
(a) Miss Annie.
(d) Miss Moore.
15. What is the date for the Special Olympics?
(a) June 15.
(b) May 22.
(c) April 8.
(d) July 19.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only subject Vernon fails on his final report card?
2. Who tells Vernon that Maxine is drunk in front of the Meyer's house?
3. What is the word Ronald is apparently trying to say?
4. What does Vernon plan to buy for Ronald first on their shopping trip?
5. Where does Miss Annie say Maxine and Ronald have gone?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)