|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Maxine get home?
(a) Vernon walks with her.
(b) Mr. Murphy takes her.
(c) She walks by herself.
(d) The police take her.
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the questions Maxine says Miss Marlow has asked about Ronald?
(a) What time he goes to bed.
(b) What kind of exercise he gets.
(c) When he had his shots.
(d) What he eats for supper.
3. Why does Maxine say she doesn't let Ronald wear his shoes as often as he wants?
(a) She's afraid he'll wear them out before the Special Olympics.
(b) The shoes have to be new for the Special Olympics.
(c) Because he even wants to wear them to bed.
(d) Because she wants him to wear out his old shoes first.
4. Who does Miss Annie say will help Ronald get into his pajamas?
(a) Miss Annie.
(b) Miss Marlow.
(c) No one.
5. How does Vernon get into the house in the opening of chapter 26?
(a) The door is unlocked and he goes inside.
(b) He knows where the spare key is.
(c) Ronald opens the door.
(d) Maxine opens the door.
6. Who is Jimmy?
(a) Vernon's cousin who's coming for a visit.
(b) Jerry's oldest brother.
(c) A bagger at the A&P who is taking Steph out.
(d) A friend of Ben's who got in trouble.
7. What does Miss Annie say when Vernon says the problems with Miss Marlow are his fault because of the fair?
(a) That it's more Tony's fault for not warning him.
(b) That Maxine is an adult and responsible for her own actions.
(c) That Vernon isn't the only one to blame.
(d) That he's right but it's okay.
8. What is the only subject Vernon fails on his final report card?
9. What does Vernon give Jerry after their argument about Maxine and Ronald?
(a) His baseball cards.
(b) His book.
(c) A baseball.
10. What does Ronald begin doing when Maxine brings the coffee outside?
(a) Begging for a soda.
(b) Drinking coffee.
(c) Running around pretending to be an airplane.
(d) Chopping at the ground with a hoe.
11. What is Maxine's last name?
12. What is the first thing Ronald and Vernon do after they're registered?
(a) Change into their official t-shirts.
(b) Get Cokes and hot dogs.
(c) Look for Miss Marlow.
(d) Make a practice walk around the track.
13. What's wrong with Miss Annie that keeps her from walking around the neighborhood?
(a) Her back.
(b) She's lazy.
(c) She doesn't have shoes.
14. What does Ben say Miss Annie gave him when he went to her house to see the cat that lives under her porch?
(a) A book.
(c) A soda.
(d) The cat.
15. Who does Miss Annie call after she learns Miss Marlow has been asking questions?
(a) Miss Marlow.
(b) A man named Sam.
(c) The police .
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maxine have in her hand when Vernon arrives to take him shopping?
2. Where does Miss Annie say Maxine and Ronald have gone?
3. What is the date for the Special Olympics?
4. What is the suggestion Jerry makes when Ronald argues that Maxine is "mostly" a good mother?
5. Maxine interrupts the church service and as she's being led out, what does she say Ronald needs more than anything else?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)