|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Maxine say she doesn't let Ronald wear his shoes as often as he wants?
(a) The shoes have to be new for the Special Olympics.
(b) Because she wants him to wear out his old shoes first.
(c) She's afraid he'll wear them out before the Special Olympics.
(d) Because he even wants to wear them to bed.
2. Where does Vernon find Brownie's dog food?
(a) In the living room floor.
(b) On the back porch.
(c) In the kitchen cabinet.
(d) In a corner.
3. What is the nickname Vernon says is perfect for Miss Annie?
(c) Book Master.
(d) Encyclopedia Annie.
4. Why does Daddy buy breath mints after supper?
(a) It was just a treat.
(b) They had fish.
(c) They had onions.
(d) They had no toothpaste.
5. What is the word Ronald is apparently trying to say?
6. Where does Ronald leave the note he writes for Maxine?
(a) On the front door.
(b) The book doesn't say.
(c) On the table.
(d) On the couch.
7. What are Mitchell and Ben "singing" when Vernon arrives home in chapter 24?
(a) That Steph has a boyfriend.
(b) That Vernon has a girlfried.
(c) That Ronald's retarded.
(d) That Vernon's friends with the crazy lady.
8. What does Vernon give Jerry after their argument about Maxine and Ronald?
(a) His baseball cards.
(c) His book.
(d) A baseball.
9. Where is the mailbox where Vernon mails his letter?
(a) In front of Milt's.
(b) On the corner.
(c) Three blocks away in a rough neighborhood.
(d) Near the city park.
10. What is the favor Steph asks of Tony?
(a) To do homework for her.
(b) To borrow money for pantyhose.
(c) To take care of Ben and Sandra.
(d) To help with the laundry.
11. What is the suggestion Jerry makes when Ronald argues that Maxine is "mostly" a good mother?
(a) That he should help Maxine give up liquor.
(b) That he should let the officials decide.
(c) That he should tell Miss Marlow.
(d) That he should talk to Miss Annie about it.
12. What is it Vernon's dad says he wants Vernon to teach him?
(a) To read.
(b) To do the trick to make money disappear.
(c) To speak French.
(d) To repair ten-speed bicycles.
13. Why does Vernon feel responsible for the situation involving Miss Marlow's questions about Maxine?
(a) Because Jerry believes Vernon is to blame.
(b) Because he told Miss Marlow about Maxine's arrest.
(c) Becaue he likes Miss Marlow.
(d) Because he'd put on the street carnival.
14. What does Vernon plan to buy for Ronald first on their shopping trip?
(a) Pants and shirts.
(c) Ice cream.
15. Who reads part of Vernon's book to Ben?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Vernon get into the house in the opening of chapter 26?
2. What does Ronald begin doing when Maxine brings the coffee outside?
3. Where does Miss Marlow say Ronald is going to live?
4. Who does Miss Annie say will help Ronald get into his pajamas?
5. What does Ronald kick when Vernon and Maxine are arguing?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)