|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the memory Ben mentions that makes Vernon decide to let the younger children read his book?
(a) When their dad used to have time to read to them.
(b) When Steph made them all a present for Christmas.
(c) When their mother used to take them to the library.
(d) When Vernon used to be nice to him.
2. What does Ronald begin doing when Maxine brings the coffee outside?
(a) Running around pretending to be an airplane.
(b) Chopping at the ground with a hoe.
(c) Begging for a soda.
(d) Drinking coffee.
3. What is Vernon's response when Ben says Maxine is looking for him at the beginning of chapter 28?
(a) That she can write a letter.
(b) That he'll go over to see her.
(c) That she can call.
(d) That he doesn't care what she has to say.
4. Where does Miss Marlow say Ronald is going to live?
(a) A special school.
(b) North Carolina.
(c) A state hospital.
5. What does Vernon plan to buy for Ronald first on their shopping trip?
(b) Pants and shirts.
(d) Ice cream.
6. How does Maxine get home?
(a) She walks by herself.
(b) The police take her.
(c) Vernon walks with her.
(d) Mr. Murphy takes her.
7. What is the trick Vernon teaches Brownie?
(a) To jump onto the couch.
(b) To roll over.
(c) To shake hands.
(d) To sit.
8. Who tells Vernon that Maxine is drunk in front of the Meyer's house?
9. Where is the mailbox where Vernon mails his letter?
(a) Three blocks away in a rough neighborhood.
(b) Near the city park.
(c) On the corner.
(d) In front of Milt's.
10. What is Vernon's response when Miss Annie says she wants Vernon to help with a garden?
(a) That it's too much work.
(b) That he doesn't want to do it.
(c) That he'll gather up some others to help.
(d) That it has to be cared for.
11. Why does Maxine say she doesn't let Ronald wear his shoes as often as he wants?
(a) She's afraid he'll wear them out before the Special Olympics.
(b) Because she wants him to wear out his old shoes first.
(c) The shoes have to be new for the Special Olympics.
(d) Because he even wants to wear them to bed.
12. What is the nickname Vernon says is perfect for Miss Annie?
(a) Book Master.
(c) Encyclopedia Annie.
13. What is the only subject Vernon fails on his final report card?
14. What does Bobby say he'd do if he had a teacher who was as pretty as Miss Marlow?
(a) Make straight A's.
(b) Grow up and marry her.
(c) Go to class every day.
(d) Never go back to school.
15. What does Vernon do with the ribbons Ronald wins?
(a) Puts them in Ronald's pocket.
(b) Has Miss Marlow keep them.
(c) Pins them on Ronald's shirt.
(d) Holds them for Ronald.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miss Annie say when Vernon says the problems with Miss Marlow are his fault because of the fair?
2. What does Ben say Miss Annie gave him when he went to her house to see the cat that lives under her porch?
3. What does Vernon promise the Meyers in order to keep Mr. Meyers from pressing charges?
4. What's wrong with Miss Annie that keeps her from walking around the neighborhood?
5. Why does Vernon come home early from school that Wednesday in chapter 21?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)