|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Vernon's dad say he wants Vernon to be the one to teach him?
(a) Vernon is spending too much time away from home.
(b) Vernon is patient.
(c) Vernon is the only one who seems to know how.
(d) Vernon has enough free time.
2. What does Vernon plan to buy for Ronald first on their shopping trip?
(c) Pants and shirts.
(d) Ice cream.
3. What are the first words Miss Annie says when Vernon arrives for his lesson in chapter 22?
(a) The seeds arrived.
(b) You're right on time.
(c) You're early.
(d) You're late.
4. What does Ben say Miss Annie gave him when he went to her house to see the cat that lives under her porch?
(a) A soda.
(b) The cat.
(d) A book.
5. How does Maxine get home?
(a) The police take her.
(b) Vernon walks with her.
(c) Mr. Murphy takes her.
(d) She walks by herself.
6. Who tells Vernon that Maxine is drunk in front of the Meyer's house?
7. Who does Miss Annie say will help Ronald get into his pajamas?
(b) Miss Marlow.
(c) No one.
(d) Miss Annie.
8. Why does Maxine say she doesn't let Ronald wear his shoes as often as he wants?
(a) Because he even wants to wear them to bed.
(b) Because she wants him to wear out his old shoes first.
(c) The shoes have to be new for the Special Olympics.
(d) She's afraid he'll wear them out before the Special Olympics.
9. Why does Vernon come home early from school that Wednesday in chapter 21?
(a) The electricity had gone out.
(b) He pretended to be sick.
(c) His teacher was ill.
(d) There was a fire at the school.
10. Why does Vernon feel responsible for the situation involving Miss Marlow's questions about Maxine?
(a) Becaue he likes Miss Marlow.
(b) Because Jerry believes Vernon is to blame.
(c) Because he told Miss Marlow about Maxine's arrest.
(d) Because he'd put on the street carnival.
11. Where does Sandra say she found Vernon's book?
(a) By his bed.
(b) On the couch.
(c) On the sidewalk.
(d) On the kitchen table.
12. Who gets Ronald ready for the Special Olympics?
(a) Miss Moore.
(d) Miss Annie.
13. What does the woman with all the junk in the yard say Ronald is doing while he stares at her yard?
(c) Just staring.
14. Where does Vernon find Brownie's dog food?
(a) In a corner.
(b) On the back porch.
(c) In the kitchen cabinet.
(d) In the living room floor.
15. What does Miss Annie say a neighbor left on the porch for Ronald's supper?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of shoes has Vernon been wearing all spring?
2. What is Maxine's last name?
3. What color are Ronald's new shoes?
4. What is Vernon's response when Miss Annie says she wants Vernon to help with a garden?
5. How does Vernon get into the house in the opening of chapter 26?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)