|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Annie say is a fascinating fact about Eleanor Pappas?
(a) That she has fourteen foster children.
(b) That some people believe she killed her husband.
(c) That she's been to every continent.
(d) That she speaks five languages.
2. Where does Vernon put his homework when he arrives at Miss Annie's in chapter 22?
(a) On the coffee table.
(b) In Miss Annie's hand.
(c) On the kitchen table.
(d) On the couch.
3. What is the trick Vernon teaches Brownie?
(a) To sit.
(b) To roll over.
(c) To jump onto the couch.
(d) To shake hands.
4. Where does Ronald leave the note he writes for Maxine?
(a) On the couch.
(b) On the table.
(c) The book doesn't say.
(d) On the front door.
5. What does Vernon say about the smell of the dirt as he's digging Maxine's garden?
(a) That it smells like a promise.
(b) That he hates it.
(c) That he can't stand it long enough to finish the digging.
(d) That he likes it.
6. According to Jerry, which of the following is one of the questions the caller asked?
(a) If Maxine had ever been seen beating Ronald.
(b) If Maxine has ever been in jail.
(c) If Ronald's father takes care of him when Maxine is drunk.
(d) If Vernon is a good influence on Ronald.
7. How does Miss Annie say she knows so much about gardening?
(a) Her husband and father were farmers.
(b) She's always had a garden.
(d) She doesn't say.
8. What are the first words Miss Annie says when Vernon arrives for his lesson in chapter 22?
(a) You're early.
(b) The seeds arrived.
(c) You're late.
(d) You're right on time.
9. What does the woman with all the junk in the yard say Ronald is doing while he stares at her yard?
(b) Just staring.
10. What does Ben say Miss Etta gave him?
(a) Toy guns.
(b) A soda.
11. What is the date for the Special Olympics?
(a) June 15.
(b) May 22.
(c) July 19.
(d) April 8.
12. Where is the mailbox where Vernon mails his letter?
(a) On the corner.
(b) Near the city park.
(c) In front of Milt's.
(d) Three blocks away in a rough neighborhood.
13. What does Vernon do with the ribbons Ronald wins?
(a) Puts them in Ronald's pocket.
(b) Pins them on Ronald's shirt.
(c) Has Miss Marlow keep them.
(d) Holds them for Ronald.
14. Where does Miss Marlow say Ronald is going to live?
(a) A special school.
(c) North Carolina.
(d) A state hospital.
15. What does Steph ask of Vernon as soon as he gets home?
(a) To help with the zipper on her dress.
(b) To cook supper.
(c) To pick her up a pair of pantyhose from Milt's.
(d) To watch Ben and Sandra.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only subject Vernon fails on his final report card?
2. Why does Vernon feel responsible for the situation involving Miss Marlow's questions about Maxine?
3. Who does Miss Annie call after she learns Miss Marlow has been asking questions?
4. What is Maxine having for dinner on Sunday in chapter 20?
5. What does Bobby's mom make as a treat for the boys while they're watching television?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)