|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Ronald and Vernon do after they're registered?
(a) Look for Miss Marlow.
(b) Change into their official t-shirts.
(c) Get Cokes and hot dogs.
(d) Make a practice walk around the track.
2. What is Maxine's response when Vernon asks about a recent appointment?
(a) That she was signing up for alcoholic anonymous.
(b) That it's none of his business.
(c) That she was signing Ronald up for classes.
(d) That she was giving up custody of Ronald.
3. What does Vernon do with the ribbons Ronald wins?
(a) Pins them on Ronald's shirt.
(b) Holds them for Ronald.
(c) Puts them in Ronald's pocket.
(d) Has Miss Marlow keep them.
4. According to Jerry, which of the following is one of the questions the caller asked?
(a) If Ronald's father takes care of him when Maxine is drunk.
(b) If Vernon is a good influence on Ronald.
(c) If Maxine has ever been in jail.
(d) If Maxine had ever been seen beating Ronald.
5. Who does Miss Annie say should be told about Ronald's effort to talk?
(b) Special Services officials.
(c) Miss Marlow.
(d) No one.
6. What is the only subject Vernon fails on his final report card?
7. What is the trick Vernon teaches Brownie?
(a) To jump onto the couch.
(b) To roll over.
(c) To sit.
(d) To shake hands.
8. What does Miss Annie say is a fascinating fact about Eleanor Pappas?
(a) That she has fourteen foster children.
(b) That some people believe she killed her husband.
(c) That she speaks five languages.
(d) That she's been to every continent.
9. What does Ben say the cat that lives under Miss Annie's porch is named?
(a) Fredrick Douglas.
(c) It doesn't have a name.
10. What is Maxine having for dinner on Sunday in chapter 20?
(a) Grilled hot dogs.
(b) Chicken and potatoes.
(c) Macaroni and cheese.
(d) Burgers and fries.
11. What is it Vernon's dad says he wants Vernon to teach him?
(a) To repair ten-speed bicycles.
(b) To speak French.
(c) To do the trick to make money disappear.
(d) To read.
12. What does Bobby say he'd do if he had a teacher who was as pretty as Miss Marlow?
(a) Go to class every day.
(b) Make straight A's.
(c) Grow up and marry her.
(d) Never go back to school.
13. Why does Vernon go to Miss Annie's house after church in chapter 17?
(a) To tell her about Ronald's new shoes.
(b) To ask if she'll help him with another carnival.
(c) To help her clean up her yard.
(d) To thank her for the book.
14. What is Vernon's response when Ben says Maxine is looking for him at the beginning of chapter 28?
(a) That he doesn't care what she has to say.
(b) That she can write a letter.
(c) That he'll go over to see her.
(d) That she can call.
15. What is the nickname Vernon says is perfect for Miss Annie?
(a) Encyclopedia Annie.
(c) Book Master.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vernon plan to buy for Ronald first on their shopping trip?
2. What does Ben say Miss Etta gave him?
3. What does Vernon give Ronald while they're working on the garden?
4. Who gets Ronald ready for the Special Olympics?
5. What is the memory Ben mentions that makes Vernon decide to let the younger children read his book?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)