|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Steph send Vernon to the store for?
2. Who is holding Ben in the family picture Vernon likes?
(b) Their dad.
(c) Their mom.
(d) No one.
3. What color are Maxine's eyes?
4. What does Vernon do to help calm Ronald?
(a) Puts on a puppet show.
(b) Turn the television to his favorite show.
(c) Plays a board game with him.
(d) Makes a quarter appear and disappear.
5. What does Maxine bring home for supper?
(d) Chinese food.
6. Where does Maxine say Ronald's father was from?
7. When does Vernon say his father quit school?
(a) Fourth grade.
(b) Eleventh grade.
(c) Ninth grade.
(d) Tenth grade.
8. What does Vernon take to Maxine?
(a) Some books and a cupcake.
(b) Her welfare check and some cookies.
(c) Some shoes and her purse.
(d) A change of clothes and a deck of cards.
9. What color is the hat Maxine is wearing the day Vernon first pays attention to her?
10. Where does Maxine leave the note for Vernon?
(a) With Bobby.
(b) On his porch.
(c) In the mailbox.
(d) On his front door.
11. How long does Maxine say she and Ronald have lived in the house?
(a) Fourteen years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Five months.
12. Where do the puppets for Frank Gilberti's puppet show come from?
(a) He borrowed them from Miss Annie.
(b) He made them in his basement.
(c) From Milt's .
(d) From his home country.
13. What grade does Maxine say was the last she finished in school?
14. What does Bobby say is the only reason they can't steal what Ronald needs for Special Olympics?
(a) He's afraid they'll get caught.
(b) They don't known Ronald's shoe size.
(c) They don't know Ronald's shirt size.
(d) They can't figure out where to get it.
15. What does Vernon's science teacher promise?
(a) That he'll pass Vernon with a C if he keeps doing his work.
(b) That he'll give Vernon a ride to the tutor's office every week.
(c) That he'll help Vernon find a tutor.
(d) That he'll talk to Vernon's other teachers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maxine get for Ronald to drink just before she leaves home?
2. Why is Maxine arrested?
3. What day does Vernon plan to take Ronald shopping for his new shoes?
4. What does Vernon do when Milt kicks him out of the store?
5. Why is Vernon's neighborhood named Tenley Heights?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)