|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Steph suggest Vernon might raise money to help Ronald go to Special Olympics?
(a) Talk to Ronald's teacher.
(b) She doesn't know what to do.
(c) Ask the neighbors to contribute.
(d) Have a bake sale.
2. What does Tony say was Maxine's reason for getting drunk?
(a) She had been sober for too many days in a row.
(b) She couldn't stand for someone else to be center stage.
(c) She couldn't stand the thought of the charity.
(d) She couldn't stand the thought of someone doing something nice for her.
3. What is Ronald's job while Vernon is helping clean up the yard?
(a) Carrying old boards.
(b) Picking up small trash.
(c) Holding open a trash bag.
(d) Gathering items for recycling.
4. What is Jerry's brother's name?
5. What does Maxine carry in her handbag?
(a) A bottle of whiskey.
(b) Trash bags.
(d) A phone and notebook.
6. What is Vernon's father doing when Vernon comes downstairs in the middle of the night?
(b) Listening to the radio.
(c) Eating a sandwich.
(d) Trying to learn to read.
7. What color is Miss Annie's side of the duplex?
8. What does Maxine get for Ronald to drink just before she leaves home?
(b) Orange juice.
9. Why does Maxine ask Vernon to come by one afternoon at 4 p.m.?
(a) It's Ronald's birthday.
(b) She needs his help cleaning the yard.
(c) Ronald's teacher is coming for a visit.
(d) She's making a special dinner .
10. How many kids are in Vernon's family?
11. What does Maxine bring home for supper?
(b) Chinese food.
12. Where do the puppets for Frank Gilberti's puppet show come from?
(a) From Milt's .
(b) He borrowed them from Miss Annie.
(c) From his home country.
(d) He made them in his basement.
13. What is the show the three men put on during the carnival?
(a) They dance and then teach the steps to the audience.
(b) The do a magic show.
(c) They sing as a barber shop quartet.
(d) They are dressed as the Pointer Sisters and sing.
14. Where does Miss Annie say her children live?
15. What color is Maxine's lipstick when Vernon goes to clean up her yard?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Vernon say his father quit school?
2. What does Vernon say he's going to do when Mr. Ward dies?
3. Why is Vernon's neighborhood named Tenley Heights?
4. Which of the following is not something Maxine says during her tirade?
5. Why is Maxine arrested?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)