|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Vernon say when Bobby teases him about going to Miss Annie's, asking if he's going to see his girlfriend?
(c) Shut up.
(d) She's not my girlfriend.
2. What is Vernon's father doing when Vernon comes downstairs in the middle of the night?
(a) Trying to learn to read.
(c) Listening to the radio.
(d) Eating a sandwich.
3. What does Maxine say will happen to Vernon because he's a good boy?
(a) He'll go to heaven.
(b) He'll get to see his mom someday.
(c) He'll finish last.
(d) God will set a golden crown on his head.
4. What does Vernon's science teacher promise?
(a) That he'll give Vernon a ride to the tutor's office every week.
(b) That he'll pass Vernon with a C if he keeps doing his work.
(c) That he'll help Vernon find a tutor.
(d) That he'll talk to Vernon's other teachers.
5. What does Maxine say Mrs. Dibbs gave Ronald one year?
(a) A coat.
(b) A quilt.
(c) A pie.
(d) Some food.
6. Who is Mrs. Robinson?
(a) A math teacher.
(b) A neighbor.
(c) The guidance counselor.
(d) Ronald's aunt.
7. Where does Miss Annie say her children live?
8. What does Tony say was Maxine's reason for getting drunk?
(a) She couldn't stand the thought of someone doing something nice for her.
(b) She couldn't stand for someone else to be center stage.
(c) She had been sober for too many days in a row.
(d) She couldn't stand the thought of the charity.
9. What does Maxine bring home for supper?
(b) Chinese food.
10. What religion is Vernon's family?
11. What does Chris steal at the Woolworth's?
(a) A magazine.
(c) A candy bar.
(d) A hat.
12. How does Steph suggest Vernon might raise money to help Ronald go to Special Olympics?
(a) Ask the neighbors to contribute.
(b) Have a bake sale.
(c) Talk to Ronald's teacher.
(d) She doesn't know what to do.
13. What kind of car does Boby Sullivan say he knows how to hotwire?
(a) A Buick.
(b) A Dodge.
(c) A Camero.
(d) A Toyota.
14. How far does Bobby say he'll drive a car if he can find one to hotwire?
(a) To an Oriole game.
(b) Just around the block.
(c) He won't drive it at all, just start it.
(d) To the store on the corner.
15. What does Vernon's father say when Vernon asks why Maxine drinks?
(a) He says she's under a lot of pressure because of Ronald.
(b) He says alcoholism is a disease and she can't help it.
(c) He doesn't know.
(d) He says she's had a more difficult life than most.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many kids are in Vernon's family?
2. How many medals does Jerry say his brother won the previous year at Special Olympics?
3. Why is Maxine arrested?
4. How long ago did Vernon's mom die?
5. What does Maxine get for Ronald to drink just before she leaves home?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)