|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Maxine leave the note for Vernon?
(a) On his porch.
(b) On his front door.
(c) With Bobby.
(d) In the mailbox.
2. What does Tony say he's going to do on the afternoon when the lab is closed?
(a) Go to a movie with a friend.
(b) Help Vernon clean up their own yard.
(c) Go to the library.
(d) Come home to play with Ben.
3. What does Vernon say when Bobby teases him about going to Miss Annie's, asking if he's going to see his girlfriend?
(b) Shut up.
(c) She's not my girlfriend.
4. What grade does Maxine say was the last she finished in school?
5. What does Vernon steal from the Woolworth's store?
(a) A magazine.
(b) A couple of Hersey bars.
(c) A pair of sunshades.
(d) A package of gum.
6. What is the thought Vernon has that makes him very determined to go forward with the street carnival?
(a) That he can't come up with another way to raise money.
(b) That everyone believes he can't do it.
(c) That he's Vernon's only hope.
(d) That his mother would have done it.
7. What color is the visitor center in the county jail where Maxine is being held?
(a) Maroon and gray.
(b) Black and white.
(c) Blue and yellow.
(d) Gray and green.
8. What does Miss Annie say Vernon can do while he stays with Ronald?
(a) Teach Ronald to play a game.
(b) Watch television.
(c) Play catch.
(d) Work on grammar exercises.
9. What does Maxine carry in her handbag?
(a) A phone and notebook.
(c) A bottle of whiskey.
(d) Trash bags.
10. What is Maxine waving around when she's standing out in the street drunk?
(a) An old gun.
(b) An empty liquor bottle.
(c) A cane.
(d) Custody papers.
11. What does Maxine say Ronald is watching when he's at home alone?
(b) The Munsters.
(d) Music videos.
12. What does Vernon's science teacher promise?
(a) That he'll give Vernon a ride to the tutor's office every week.
(b) That he'll pass Vernon with a C if he keeps doing his work.
(c) That he'll talk to Vernon's other teachers.
(d) That he'll help Vernon find a tutor.
13. What is Jerry's brother's name?
14. What color is Miss Annie's side of the duplex?
15. Where do the puppets for Frank Gilberti's puppet show come from?
(a) From his home country.
(b) He made them in his basement.
(c) From Milt's .
(d) He borrowed them from Miss Annie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jerry say his brother lives?
2. What is the surprise Ben and Mitchell have for the street carnival?
3. Who is the only person Miss Annie says can control Maxine?
4. What kind of car does Boby Sullivan say he knows how to hotwire?
5. What does Maxine say Mrs. Dibbs gave Ronald one year?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)