|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Maxine waving around when she's standing out in the street drunk?
(a) A cane.
(b) An empty liquor bottle.
(c) An old gun.
(d) Custody papers.
2. What is the surprise Ben and Mitchell have for the street carnival?
(a) A bunch of baby chicks to sell.
(b) A game to earn money.
(c) A banner.
(d) A huge box of balloons.
3. What does Maxine say Mrs. Dibbs gave Ronald one year?
(a) Some food.
(b) A coat.
(c) A pie.
(d) A quilt.
4. How long does it take for Vernon, Maxine and Ronald to clean up the yard?
(a) About two hours.
(b) A little more than an hour.
(c) An entire afternoon.
(d) About fifteen minutes.
5. What is the thought Vernon has that makes him very determined to go forward with the street carnival?
(a) That his mother would have done it.
(b) That he can't come up with another way to raise money.
(c) That everyone believes he can't do it.
(d) That he's Vernon's only hope.
6. What color is Maxine's lipstick when Vernon goes to clean up her yard?
7. How many medals does Jerry say his brother won the previous year at Special Olympics?
8. Why is Maxine arrested?
(a) Stealing liquor.
(b) Drunk and disorderly conduct.
(c) Mistreating Ronald.
(d) Failing a drug test.
9. What does Vernon's father make Vernon to eat when they meet in the kitchen in the middle of the night?
(a) Turkey and cheese.
(b) A jelly sandwich.
(c) Macaroni and cheese.
(d) Leftover meatloaf.
10. What is the present Miss Annie gives to Vernon?
(a) A record.
(b) A plate of cookies.
(c) A book.
(d) A day off his studies.
11. What does Vernon say he's going to do when Mr. Ward dies?
(a) Inherit some baseball cards.
(b) Find out who Mr. Ward's children are.
(c) Be very sad.
(d) Get back all the baseballs he's taken from the kids.
12. What does Vernon take to Maxine?
(a) A change of clothes and a deck of cards.
(b) Her welfare check and some cookies.
(c) Some books and a cupcake.
(d) Some shoes and her purse.
13. What is the show the three men put on during the carnival?
(a) They dance and then teach the steps to the audience.
(b) They are dressed as the Pointer Sisters and sing.
(c) The do a magic show.
(d) They sing as a barber shop quartet.
14. How long does Miss Annie say Vernon needs to stay with Ronald in chapter eight?
(a) A couple of hours.
(b) Fifteen minutes.
(c) An afternoon.
(d) An hour.
15. Who is Mrs. Robinson?
(a) A neighbor.
(b) A math teacher.
(c) Ronald's aunt.
(d) The guidance counselor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vernon's father say when Vernon asks why Maxine drinks?
2. What does Maxine say will happen to Vernon because he's a good boy?
3. What are the two subjects Vernon has an F in?
4. What does Vernon's science teacher promise?
5. What does Maxine get for Ronald to drink just before she leaves home?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)