|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many kids are in Vernon's family?
2. What religion is Vernon's family?
3. What color are Maxine's eyes?
4. What is the present Miss Annie gives to Vernon?
(a) A book.
(b) A plate of cookies.
(c) A day off his studies.
(d) A record.
5. What does Steph send Vernon to the store for?
6. What happens when Vernon tries out for the junior high baseball team?
(a) He is given the opportunity to play any position .
(b) He is told he can play, but only if he plays outfield.
(c) The other kids laugh at him and he doesn't try out.
(d) He discovers there are many players who are better at the sport.
7. What are the two subjects Vernon has a C in?
(a) French and algebra.
(b) Art and family sciences.
(c) Shop and gym.
(d) English and math.
8. Where do the puppets for Frank Gilberti's puppet show come from?
(a) From Milt's .
(b) He borrowed them from Miss Annie.
(c) He made them in his basement.
(d) From his home country.
9. What color is the hat Maxine is wearing the day Vernon first pays attention to her?
10. What does Vernon learn Ronald will need for the Special Olympics?
(a) The cost of an entry fee.
(b) Tennis shoes.
(c) A team t-shirt.
(d) Enough money for lunch.
11. What does Vernon say he's going to do when Mr. Ward dies?
(a) Find out who Mr. Ward's children are.
(b) Be very sad.
(c) Inherit some baseball cards.
(d) Get back all the baseballs he's taken from the kids.
12. Where is Vernon when Maxine finds him in the opening pages of chapter 15?
(a) At Miss Annie's.
(b) On his porch.
(c) In front of Milt's.
(d) At Jerry's.
13. When does Vernon say his father quit school?
(a) Tenth grade.
(b) Fourth grade.
(c) Eleventh grade.
(d) Ninth grade.
14. Who is the only person Miss Annie says can control Maxine?
(b) Miss Annie.
(c) Mr. Murphy.
(d) The police.
15. Where does Miss Annie say her children live?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bobby say is the only reason they can't steal what Ronald needs for Special Olympics?
2. What is the show the three men put on during the carnival?
3. How much does Steph say Vernon should be asked to pay at Milt's?
4. Where was Vernon's mom when she died?
5. Which position does Vernon have dreams of holding on a major league baseball team
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)