|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which position does Vernon have dreams of holding on a major league baseball team
(c) He can't decide between shortstop and pitcher.
(d) Neither, he wants to play football.
2. Where does Maxine leave the note for Vernon?
(a) On his porch.
(b) With Bobby.
(c) In the mailbox.
(d) On his front door.
3. What does Vernon's father make Vernon to eat when they meet in the kitchen in the middle of the night?
(a) Macaroni and cheese.
(b) A jelly sandwich.
(c) Leftover meatloaf.
(d) Turkey and cheese.
4. Which of the following is not something Maxine says during her tirade?
(b) Don't touch Ronald.
(c) Let me alone.
(d) I don't need anybody's charity.
5. What does Chris steal at the Woolworth's?
(b) A candy bar.
(c) A magazine.
(d) A hat.
6. What does Vernon's father say when Vernon asks why Maxine drinks?
(a) He doesn't know.
(b) He says she's had a more difficult life than most.
(c) He says she's under a lot of pressure because of Ronald.
(d) He says alcoholism is a disease and she can't help it.
7. What is the show the three men put on during the carnival?
(a) They sing as a barber shop quartet.
(b) They dance and then teach the steps to the audience.
(c) The do a magic show.
(d) They are dressed as the Pointer Sisters and sing.
8. What color is Maxine's lipstick when Vernon goes to clean up her yard?
9. What does Tony say he's going to do on the afternoon when the lab is closed?
(a) Help Vernon clean up their own yard.
(b) Go to a movie with a friend.
(c) Come home to play with Ben.
(d) Go to the library.
10. How much money does Vernon discover they've made for Ronald?
11. What does Vernon say when Bobby teases him about going to Miss Annie's, asking if he's going to see his girlfriend?
(a) She's not my girlfriend.
(b) Shut up.
12. How much does Steph say Vernon should be asked to pay at Milt's?
(a) Two dollars.
(b) A dollar and fifty-nine cents.
(c) She doesn't know.
(d) A dollar and nine cents.
13. What is Vernon eating when Maxine finds him?
(a) A peanut butter sandwich.
(b) A candy bar.
(c) Cheese curls.
14. What is the present Miss Annie gives to Vernon?
(a) A record.
(b) A book.
(c) A plate of cookies.
(d) A day off his studies.
15. Who is singing as Vernon goes upstairs, leaving his father in the kitchen?
(b) Buddy Holly.
(c) Glen Campbell.
(d) Johnny Cash.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the first member of Venon's family to go to college?
2. Where does Jerry say his brother lives?
3. Where does Miss Annie say her children live?
4. What is hanging over Maxine's windows?
5. What is on the dining room table at Maxine's house?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)