|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is on the dining room table at Maxine's house?
(a) A pile of clothes.
(b) Lots of junk, including trinkets.
(c) Dirty dishes.
(d) Piles of books and papers.
2. What is the surprise Ben and Mitchell have for the street carnival?
(a) A game to earn money.
(b) A huge box of balloons.
(c) A banner.
(d) A bunch of baby chicks to sell.
3. What is in the jar by Miss Annie's sofa?
(a) A drink.
(b) Sewing supplies.
4. What does Sandra say she's saving her money for?
(a) A Crystal Barbie.
(b) A guitar.
(d) A new dress.
5. What does Tony say was Maxine's reason for getting drunk?
(a) She couldn't stand the thought of the charity.
(b) She couldn't stand for someone else to be center stage.
(c) She had been sober for too many days in a row.
(d) She couldn't stand the thought of someone doing something nice for her.
6. What does Miss Annie say Vernon can do while he stays with Ronald?
(a) Work on grammar exercises.
(b) Play catch.
(c) Teach Ronald to play a game.
(d) Watch television.
7. What does Ronald learn the doctors told Maxine when Ronald was born?
(a) That he'd be okay with the proper care.
(b) That he'd die at a young age.
(c) That he would never be able to walk or feed himself.
(d) That he'd eventually become violent and uncontrollable.
8. How long does Maxine say she and Ronald have lived in the house?
(a) Five months.
(b) Three years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Fourteen years.
9. Where was Vernon's mom when she died?
(a) At a hospital.
(b) At home.
(c) In her car.
(d) At work.
10. What are the two subjects Vernon has a C in?
(a) English and math.
(b) Art and family sciences.
(c) Shop and gym.
(d) French and algebra.
11. Which position does Vernon have dreams of holding on a major league baseball team
(a) Neither, he wants to play football.
(b) He can't decide between shortstop and pitcher.
12. What does Bobby say is the only reason they can't steal what Ronald needs for Special Olympics?
(a) They don't known Ronald's shoe size.
(b) He's afraid they'll get caught.
(c) They don't know Ronald's shirt size.
(d) They can't figure out where to get it.
13. Who is the first member of Venon's family to go to college?
14. What is Vernon's mother's name?
15. How much money does Vernon discover they've made for Ronald?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maxine say will happen to Vernon because he's a good boy?
2. What is Vernon eating when Maxine finds him?
3. Where do the puppets for Frank Gilberti's puppet show come from?
4. When does Vernon say his father quit school?
5. What are the two subjects Vernon has an F in?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)