|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Maxine waving around when she's standing out in the street drunk?
(a) Custody papers.
(b) An old gun.
(c) An empty liquor bottle.
(d) A cane.
2. Where does Miss Annie say her children live?
3. How does Steph suggest Vernon might raise money to help Ronald go to Special Olympics?
(a) Talk to Ronald's teacher.
(b) She doesn't know what to do.
(c) Ask the neighbors to contribute.
(d) Have a bake sale.
4. What color are Maxine's eyes?
5. What does Vernon say when Bobby teases him about going to Miss Annie's, asking if he's going to see his girlfriend?
(a) She's not my girlfriend.
(c) Shut up.
6. What does Maxine get for Ronald to drink just before she leaves home?
(c) Orange juice.
7. What does Vernon take to Maxine?
(a) Some shoes and her purse.
(b) A change of clothes and a deck of cards.
(c) Some books and a cupcake.
(d) Her welfare check and some cookies.
8. What is the show the three men put on during the carnival?
(a) They dance and then teach the steps to the audience.
(b) They are dressed as the Pointer Sisters and sing.
(c) They sing as a barber shop quartet.
(d) The do a magic show.
9. What is Vernon's mother's name?
10. What is on the dining room table at Maxine's house?
(a) A pile of clothes.
(b) Lots of junk, including trinkets.
(c) Dirty dishes.
(d) Piles of books and papers.
11. What is hanging over Maxine's windows?
(c) Cardboard .
12. How long does it take for Vernon, Maxine and Ronald to clean up the yard?
(a) About two hours.
(b) A little more than an hour.
(c) An entire afternoon.
(d) About fifteen minutes.
13. When does Vernon say his father quit school?
(a) Fourth grade.
(b) Ninth grade.
(c) Tenth grade.
(d) Eleventh grade.
14. What are the two subjects Vernon has an F in?
(a) Algebra and art.
(b) French and English.
(c) Hhistory and family sciences.
(d) Spelling and science.
15. What is Jerry's brother's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only person Miss Annie says can control Maxine?
2. What is Vernon's father doing when Vernon comes downstairs in the middle of the night?
3. Who does Vernon invite along on the shopping trip with Ronald?
4. Who is Mrs. Robinson?
5. How long does Miss Annie say Vernon needs to stay with Ronald in chapter eight?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)