|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who threw a rock through Maxine's front window?
(c) Either Bobby or Jerry.
2. Which position does Vernon have dreams of holding on a major league baseball team
(a) He can't decide between shortstop and pitcher.
(c) Neither, he wants to play football.
3. What kind of car does Boby Sullivan say he knows how to hotwire?
(a) A Toyota.
(b) A Dodge.
(c) A Camero.
(d) A Buick.
4. What does Sandra say she's saving her money for?
(a) A new dress.
(c) A guitar.
(d) A Crystal Barbie.
5. What does Vernon's science teacher promise?
(a) That he'll give Vernon a ride to the tutor's office every week.
(b) That he'll pass Vernon with a C if he keeps doing his work.
(c) That he'll talk to Vernon's other teachers.
(d) That he'll help Vernon find a tutor.
6. Where does Maxine leave the note for Vernon?
(a) On his porch.
(b) With Bobby.
(c) On his front door.
(d) In the mailbox.
7. What does Maxine say will happen to Vernon because he's a good boy?
(a) God will set a golden crown on his head.
(b) He'll get to see his mom someday.
(c) He'll finish last.
(d) He'll go to heaven.
8. How much money does Vernon discover they've made for Ronald?
9. Who tells Vernon that Maxine is drunk?
(c) Miss Annie.
10. What is the show the three men put on during the carnival?
(a) The do a magic show.
(b) They sing as a barber shop quartet.
(c) They dance and then teach the steps to the audience.
(d) They are dressed as the Pointer Sisters and sing.
11. What day does Vernon plan to take Ronald shopping for his new shoes?
12. Where does Maxine say Ronald's father was from?
13. Who is holding Ben in the family picture Vernon likes?
(a) No one.
(b) Their dad.
(c) Their mom.
14. Why does Vernon say his father quit school?
(a) Because he had to go to work.
(b) Because he got expelled for fighting.
(c) Because he couldn't read.
(d) Because his parents died.
15. What does Tony say was Maxine's reason for getting drunk?
(a) She couldn't stand the thought of someone doing something nice for her.
(b) She couldn't stand for someone else to be center stage.
(c) She couldn't stand the thought of the charity.
(d) She had been sober for too many days in a row.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Vernon supposed to do to pay Miss Annie for tutoring him?
2. What does Maxine carry in her handbag?
3. What does Milt tell Vernon he'll give him from the store?
4. What does MIlt give to be auctioned off?
5. What does Steph send Vernon to the store for?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)