|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long ago did Vernon's mom die?
(a) Five months.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Three years.
(d) Five years.
2. What day does Vernon plan to take Ronald shopping for his new shoes?
3. What kind of soap does Maxine say Ronald uses?
(b) Irish Spring.
4. Which of the following is not something Maxine says during her tirade?
(a) Don't touch Ronald.
(b) I don't need anybody's charity.
(d) Let me alone.
5. What is the surprise Ben and Mitchell have for the street carnival?
(a) A huge box of balloons.
(b) A bunch of baby chicks to sell.
(c) A game to earn money.
(d) A banner.
6. What does Maxine say will happen to Vernon because he's a good boy?
(a) He'll go to heaven.
(b) He'll get to see his mom someday.
(c) He'll finish last.
(d) God will set a golden crown on his head.
7. What color is the visitor center in the county jail where Maxine is being held?
(a) Maroon and gray.
(b) Blue and yellow.
(c) Black and white.
(d) Gray and green.
8. What does Vernon say he's going to do when Mr. Ward dies?
(a) Find out who Mr. Ward's children are.
(b) Get back all the baseballs he's taken from the kids.
(c) Inherit some baseball cards.
(d) Be very sad.
9. What color is Miss Annie's side of the duplex?
10. Where is Vernon when Maxine finds him in the opening pages of chapter 15?
(a) At Miss Annie's.
(b) On his porch.
(c) In front of Milt's.
(d) At Jerry's.
11. What is Vernon's father doing when Vernon comes downstairs in the middle of the night?
(a) Trying to learn to read.
(c) Eating a sandwich.
(d) Listening to the radio.
12. Who is holding Ben in the family picture Vernon likes?
(a) Their mom.
(c) No one.
(d) Their dad.
13. How long does Miss Annie say Vernon needs to stay with Ronald in chapter eight?
(a) An afternoon.
(b) A couple of hours.
(c) An hour.
(d) Fifteen minutes.
14. What does Maxine say Ronald is watching when he's at home alone?
(a) Music videos.
(b) The Munsters.
15. What is the show the three men put on during the carnival?
(a) They are dressed as the Pointer Sisters and sing.
(b) They sing as a barber shop quartet.
(c) They dance and then teach the steps to the audience.
(d) The do a magic show.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Vernon's neighborhood named Tenley Heights?
2. What color are Maxine's eyes?
3. How many kids are in Vernon's family?
4. What does Vernon steal from the Woolworth's store?
5. Where does Maxine leave the note for Vernon?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)