|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is in the jar by Miss Annie's sofa?
(a) A drink.
(d) Sewing supplies.
2. What are the two subjects Vernon has an F in?
(a) Hhistory and family sciences.
(b) Spelling and science.
(c) French and English.
(d) Algebra and art.
3. How long does Miss Annie say Vernon needs to stay with Ronald in chapter eight?
(a) Fifteen minutes.
(b) A couple of hours.
(c) An hour.
(d) An afternoon.
4. How many kids are in Vernon's family?
5. What is Jerry's brother's name?
6. Who is holding Ben in the family picture Vernon likes?
(a) Their mom.
(b) Their dad.
(d) No one.
7. What is Vernon supposed to do to pay Miss Annie for tutoring him?
(a) Clean up Miss Annie's yard.
(b) Clean up Maxine's yard.
(c) Bring a dollar.
(d) Pass seventh grade.
8. Where does Jerry say his brother lives?
(a) With an aunt.
(b) With a foster family trained to take care of kids like him.
(c) In a place like a hospital.
(d) At a year-round school.
9. What color is the visitor center in the county jail where Maxine is being held?
(a) Gray and green.
(b) Blue and yellow.
(c) Black and white.
(d) Maroon and gray.
10. Where is Vernon when Maxine finds him in the opening pages of chapter 15?
(a) On his porch.
(b) At Miss Annie's.
(c) In front of Milt's.
(d) At Jerry's.
11. What happens when Vernon tries out for the junior high baseball team?
(a) The other kids laugh at him and he doesn't try out.
(b) He is given the opportunity to play any position .
(c) He discovers there are many players who are better at the sport.
(d) He is told he can play, but only if he plays outfield.
12. Why is Maxine arrested?
(a) Failing a drug test.
(b) Mistreating Ronald.
(c) Drunk and disorderly conduct.
(d) Stealing liquor.
13. What kind of soap does Maxine say Ronald uses?
(b) Irish Spring.
14. What does Ronald learn the doctors told Maxine when Ronald was born?
(a) That he'd die at a young age.
(b) That he'd eventually become violent and uncontrollable.
(c) That he would never be able to walk or feed himself.
(d) That he'd be okay with the proper care.
15. How many medals does Jerry say his brother won the previous year at Special Olympics?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chris steal at the Woolworth's?
2. What is Miss Annie's response when Vernon says she's almost as crazy as Maxine?
3. What does Maxine say will happen to Vernon if he doesn't talk to her in the beginning of chapter ten?
4. Who made the meatloaf they're having for supper that night?
5. Which of the following is not something Maxine says during her tirade?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)