|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miss Annie say Vernon can do while he stays with Ronald?
(a) Work on grammar exercises.
(b) Watch television.
(c) Play catch.
(d) Teach Ronald to play a game.
2. What color is Maxine's lipstick when Vernon goes to clean up her yard?
3. Who is the only person Miss Annie says can control Maxine?
(a) Miss Annie.
(b) The police.
(c) Mr. Murphy.
4. How does Steph suggest Vernon might raise money to help Ronald go to Special Olympics?
(a) Have a bake sale.
(b) She doesn't know what to do.
(c) Talk to Ronald's teacher.
(d) Ask the neighbors to contribute.
5. Who does Vernon invite along on the shopping trip with Ronald?
(a) His dad and Maxine.
(b) Ben and Tony.
(c) Sandra and Steph.
(d) Bobby, Jerry and Chris.
6. What does Vernon learn Ronald will need for the Special Olympics?
(a) Tennis shoes.
(b) Enough money for lunch.
(c) The cost of an entry fee.
(d) A team t-shirt.
7. Who tells Vernon that Maxine is drunk?
(b) Miss Annie.
8. Why is Vernon's neighborhood named Tenley Heights?
(a) A man named Tenley owned the property.
(b) He doesn't know.
(c) A family named Tenley were the first to live there.
(d) The first street in the neighborhood was Tenley Street.
9. What does Maxine say Mrs. Dibbs gave Ronald one year?
(a) A quilt.
(b) A pie.
(c) Some food.
(d) A coat.
10. What color is the visitor center in the county jail where Maxine is being held?
(a) Blue and yellow.
(b) Black and white.
(c) Gray and green.
(d) Maroon and gray.
11. Where do the puppets for Frank Gilberti's puppet show come from?
(a) From Milt's .
(b) He borrowed them from Miss Annie.
(c) From his home country.
(d) He made them in his basement.
12. Who made the meatloaf they're having for supper that night?
13. What is on the dining room table at Maxine's house?
(a) A pile of clothes.
(b) Lots of junk, including trinkets.
(c) Piles of books and papers.
(d) Dirty dishes.
14. What is Ronald's job while Vernon is helping clean up the yard?
(a) Picking up small trash.
(b) Gathering items for recycling.
(c) Holding open a trash bag.
(d) Carrying old boards.
15. What is Vernon eating when Maxine finds him?
(b) A candy bar.
(c) A peanut butter sandwich.
(d) Cheese curls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Vernon's father make Vernon to eat when they meet in the kitchen in the middle of the night?
2. What grade does Maxine say was the last she finished in school?
3. What does Maxine say will happen to Vernon because he's a good boy?
4. What happens when Vernon tries out for the junior high baseball team?
5. What kind of soap does Maxine say Ronald uses?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)