|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Vernon's father doing when Vernon comes downstairs in the middle of the night?
(a) Eating a sandwich.
(b) Listening to the radio.
(d) Trying to learn to read.
2. What color is Miss Annie's side of the duplex?
3. Who threw a rock through Maxine's front window?
(a) Either Bobby or Jerry.
4. What is Vernon eating when Maxine finds him?
(a) Cheese curls.
(b) A candy bar.
(c) A peanut butter sandwich.
5. What day does Vernon plan to take Ronald shopping for his new shoes?
6. What color is the hat Maxine is wearing the day Vernon first pays attention to her?
7. Who does Vernon invite along on the shopping trip with Ronald?
(a) His dad and Maxine.
(b) Bobby, Jerry and Chris.
(c) Ben and Tony.
(d) Sandra and Steph.
8. What kind of soap does Maxine say Ronald uses?
(a) Irish Spring.
9. What is hanging over Maxine's windows?
(d) Cardboard .
10. What does Bobby say is the only reason they can't steal what Ronald needs for Special Olympics?
(a) They don't know Ronald's shirt size.
(b) They don't known Ronald's shoe size.
(c) They can't figure out where to get it.
(d) He's afraid they'll get caught.
11. What is Vernon supposed to do to pay Miss Annie for tutoring him?
(a) Pass seventh grade.
(b) Clean up Miss Annie's yard.
(c) Clean up Maxine's yard.
(d) Bring a dollar.
12. Where does Jerry say his brother lives?
(a) At a year-round school.
(b) In a place like a hospital.
(c) With a foster family trained to take care of kids like him.
(d) With an aunt.
13. Who is the only person Miss Annie says can control Maxine?
(b) Mr. Murphy.
(c) Miss Annie.
(d) The police.
14. What happens when Vernon tries out for the junior high baseball team?
(a) He is given the opportunity to play any position .
(b) The other kids laugh at him and he doesn't try out.
(c) He discovers there are many players who are better at the sport.
(d) He is told he can play, but only if he plays outfield.
15. What does Vernon say he's going to do when Mr. Ward dies?
(a) Find out who Mr. Ward's children are.
(b) Be very sad.
(c) Inherit some baseball cards.
(d) Get back all the baseballs he's taken from the kids.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sandra say she's saving her money for?
2. What does Maxine carry in her handbag?
3. How much money does Vernon discover they've made for Ronald?
4. How many times does Vernon say he's had the dream about Ronald?
5. Who is singing as Vernon goes upstairs, leaving his father in the kitchen?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)