Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Vernon's father doing when Vernon comes downstairs in the middle of the night?
(a) Listening to the radio.
(c) Trying to learn to read.
(d) Eating a sandwich.
2. How long does Maxine say she and Ronald have lived in the house?
(a) Five years.
(b) Fourteen years.
(c) Five months.
(d) Three years.
3. Who is singing as Vernon goes upstairs, leaving his father in the kitchen?
(a) Buddy Holly.
(c) Glen Campbell.
(d) Johnny Cash.
4. Where was Vernon born?
(a) Tenley Street Charity Hospital..
(b) City Hospital.
(c) Chicago Municpal Hospital.
(d) Sisters of Mercy Catholic Hospital.
5. What day does Vernon plan to take Ronald shopping for his new shoes?
6. What does Vernon steal from the Woolworth's store?
(a) A couple of Hersey bars.
(b) A package of gum.
(c) A pair of sunshades.
(d) A magazine.
7. How many times does Vernon say he's had the dream about Ronald?
(b) About a hundred.
(c) Five or six.
(d) At least ten.
8. Why is Vernon's neighborhood named Tenley Heights?
(a) A family named Tenley were the first to live there.
(b) A man named Tenley owned the property.
(c) He doesn't know.
(d) The first street in the neighborhood was Tenley Street.
9. What is Vernon's mother's name?
10. Where is Vernon when Maxine finds him in the opening pages of chapter 15?
(a) At Miss Annie's.
(b) On his porch.
(c) At Jerry's.
(d) In front of Milt's.
11. What color is the visitor center in the county jail where Maxine is being held?
(a) Black and white.
(b) Blue and yellow.
(c) Maroon and gray.
(d) Gray and green.
12. How much does Steph say Vernon should be asked to pay at Milt's?
(a) A dollar and fifty-nine cents.
(b) She doesn't know.
(c) A dollar and nine cents.
(d) Two dollars.
13. Where was Vernon's mom when she died?
(a) At work.
(b) At a hospital.
(c) In her car.
(d) At home.
14. What color are Maxine's eyes?
15. Where does Miss Annie say her children live?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which position does Vernon have dreams of holding on a major league baseball team
2. What is the thought Vernon has that makes him very determined to go forward with the street carnival?
3. What does Vernon's father say when Vernon asks why Maxine drinks?
4. How many kids are in Vernon's family?
5. What does Maxine bring home for supper?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)