|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the visitor center in the county jail where Maxine is being held?
(a) Black and white.
(b) Gray and green.
(c) Blue and yellow.
(d) Maroon and gray.
2. What does MIlt give to be auctioned off?
(b) Half a ham.
(c) A case of sodas.
(d) Bags of potatoes.
3. What is the show the three men put on during the carnival?
(a) They sing as a barber shop quartet.
(b) They are dressed as the Pointer Sisters and sing.
(c) They dance and then teach the steps to the audience.
(d) The do a magic show.
4. What is Vernon's father doing when Vernon comes downstairs in the middle of the night?
(a) Eating a sandwich.
(c) Listening to the radio.
(d) Trying to learn to read.
5. What does Maxine say Ronald is watching when he's at home alone?
(b) The Munsters.
(c) Music videos.
6. How long ago did Vernon's mom die?
(a) Three years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Five months.
(d) Three weeks.
7. Where does Jerry say his brother lives?
(a) With a foster family trained to take care of kids like him.
(b) In a place like a hospital.
(c) With an aunt.
(d) At a year-round school.
8. What is Maxine waving around when she's standing out in the street drunk?
(a) An old gun.
(b) An empty liquor bottle.
(c) A cane.
(d) Custody papers.
9. What color is Maxine's lipstick when Vernon goes to clean up her yard?
10. Who does Vernon invite along on the shopping trip with Ronald?
(a) His dad and Maxine.
(b) Bobby, Jerry and Chris.
(c) Sandra and Steph.
(d) Ben and Tony.
11. What does Vernon's father make Vernon to eat when they meet in the kitchen in the middle of the night?
(a) Turkey and cheese.
(b) Macaroni and cheese.
(c) A jelly sandwich.
(d) Leftover meatloaf.
12. What is the present Miss Annie gives to Vernon?
(a) A record.
(b) A book.
(c) A day off his studies.
(d) A plate of cookies.
13. What does Milt tell Vernon he'll give him from the store?
(a) A bag of potatoes.
(b) A soda.
(c) A package of gum.
(d) A candy bar.
14. How many times does Vernon say he's had the dream about Ronald?
(a) At least ten.
(b) Five or six.
(d) About a hundred.
15. What is the thought Vernon has that makes him very determined to go forward with the street carnival?
(a) That he can't come up with another way to raise money.
(b) That he's Vernon's only hope.
(c) That everyone believes he can't do it.
(d) That his mother would have done it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Miss Annie's response when Vernon says she's almost as crazy as Maxine?
2. What is the surprise Ben and Mitchell have for the street carnival?
3. What are the two subjects Vernon has a C in?
4. What color are Maxine's eyes?
5. What does Tony say was Maxine's reason for getting drunk?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)