|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the hat Maxine is wearing the day Vernon first pays attention to her?
2. What is the surprise Ben and Mitchell have for the street carnival?
(a) A bunch of baby chicks to sell.
(b) A game to earn money.
(c) A banner.
(d) A huge box of balloons.
3. How far does Bobby say he'll drive a car if he can find one to hotwire?
(a) Just around the block.
(b) To an Oriole game.
(c) He won't drive it at all, just start it.
(d) To the store on the corner.
4. What is Maxine waving around when she's standing out in the street drunk?
(a) An empty liquor bottle.
(b) Custody papers.
(c) An old gun.
(d) A cane.
5. What does Miss Annie say Vernon can do while he stays with Ronald?
(a) Work on grammar exercises.
(b) Watch television.
(c) Teach Ronald to play a game.
(d) Play catch.
6. What does Vernon take to Maxine?
(a) A change of clothes and a deck of cards.
(b) Some shoes and her purse.
(c) Her welfare check and some cookies.
(d) Some books and a cupcake.
7. Where does Maxine say Ronald's father was from?
8. Where does Miss Annie say her children live?
9. Who does Vernon invite along on the shopping trip with Ronald?
(a) His dad and Maxine.
(b) Sandra and Steph.
(c) Bobby, Jerry and Chris.
(d) Ben and Tony.
10. What does Vernon steal from the Woolworth's store?
(a) A package of gum.
(b) A pair of sunshades.
(c) A couple of Hersey bars.
(d) A magazine.
11. Where do the puppets for Frank Gilberti's puppet show come from?
(a) From his home country.
(b) He borrowed them from Miss Annie.
(c) From Milt's .
(d) He made them in his basement.
12. How does Steph suggest Vernon might raise money to help Ronald go to Special Olympics?
(a) She doesn't know what to do.
(b) Talk to Ronald's teacher.
(c) Have a bake sale.
(d) Ask the neighbors to contribute.
13. What does Vernon do when Milt kicks him out of the store?
(a) Breaks a bottle of soda.
(b) Cries and leaves.
(c) Asks Milt to reconsider.
(d) Kicks some bags of chips on the floor.
14. What is Miss Annie's response when Vernon says she's almost as crazy as Maxine?
(a) That she takes it as a compliment.
(b) That she takes it as an insult.
(c) That most people are.
(d) She cries.
15. What color is Miss Annie's side of the duplex?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are Maxine's eyes?
2. What are the two subjects Vernon has a C in?
3. What color is the visitor center in the county jail where Maxine is being held?
4. What happens when Vernon tries out for the junior high baseball team?
5. What color is Maxine's lipstick when Vernon goes to clean up her yard?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)