|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the surprise Ben and Mitchell have for the street carnival?
(a) A bunch of baby chicks to sell.
(b) A game to earn money.
(c) A huge box of balloons.
(d) A banner.
2. What does Vernon say he's going to do when Mr. Ward dies?
(a) Get back all the baseballs he's taken from the kids.
(b) Inherit some baseball cards.
(c) Find out who Mr. Ward's children are.
(d) Be very sad.
3. What is the show the three men put on during the carnival?
(a) They are dressed as the Pointer Sisters and sing.
(b) They dance and then teach the steps to the audience.
(c) They sing as a barber shop quartet.
(d) The do a magic show.
4. What does Vernon steal from the Woolworth's store?
(a) A package of gum.
(b) A magazine.
(c) A couple of Hersey bars.
(d) A pair of sunshades.
5. What is in the jar by Miss Annie's sofa?
(a) Sewing supplies.
(d) A drink.
6. What does Bobby say is the only reason they can't steal what Ronald needs for Special Olympics?
(a) They don't know Ronald's shirt size.
(b) They can't figure out where to get it.
(c) He's afraid they'll get caught.
(d) They don't known Ronald's shoe size.
7. What kind of soap does Maxine say Ronald uses?
(c) Irish Spring.
8. What is Miss Annie's response when Vernon says she's almost as crazy as Maxine?
(a) That she takes it as a compliment.
(b) She cries.
(c) That she takes it as an insult.
(d) That most people are.
9. What is Vernon eating when Maxine finds him?
(a) A peanut butter sandwich.
(b) A candy bar.
(c) Cheese curls.
10. What color is the hat Maxine is wearing the day Vernon first pays attention to her?
11. What day does Vernon plan to take Ronald shopping for his new shoes?
12. How far does Bobby say he'll drive a car if he can find one to hotwire?
(a) To an Oriole game.
(b) He won't drive it at all, just start it.
(c) Just around the block.
(d) To the store on the corner.
13. Why does Vernon say his father quit school?
(a) Because his parents died.
(b) Because he had to go to work.
(c) Because he couldn't read.
(d) Because he got expelled for fighting.
14. Who is holding Ben in the family picture Vernon likes?
(a) Their mom.
(b) Their dad.
(d) No one.
15. What does Vernon learn Ronald will need for the Special Olympics?
(a) Enough money for lunch.
(b) The cost of an entry fee.
(c) A team t-shirt.
(d) Tennis shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Vernon say his father quit school?
2. How long ago did Vernon's mom die?
3. What is the present Miss Annie gives to Vernon?
4. What is Ronald's job while Vernon is helping clean up the yard?
5. What does Vernon say when Bobby teases him about going to Miss Annie's, asking if he's going to see his girlfriend?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)