|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Vernon invite along on the shopping trip with Ronald?
(a) Ben and Tony.
(b) His dad and Maxine.
(c) Bobby, Jerry and Chris.
(d) Sandra and Steph.
2. Where does Maxine leave the note for Vernon?
(a) In the mailbox.
(b) On his porch.
(c) On his front door.
(d) With Bobby.
3. Where does Miss Annie say her children live?
4. Who is singing as Vernon goes upstairs, leaving his father in the kitchen?
(a) Johnny Cash.
(b) Glen Campbell.
(c) Buddy Holly.
5. What does Steph send Vernon to the store for?
6. What color are Maxine's eyes?
7. Why does Vernon say his father quit school?
(a) Because his parents died.
(b) Because he couldn't read.
(c) Because he had to go to work.
(d) Because he got expelled for fighting.
8. What does Tony say he's going to do on the afternoon when the lab is closed?
(a) Come home to play with Ben.
(b) Go to the library.
(c) Help Vernon clean up their own yard.
(d) Go to a movie with a friend.
9. What is Ronald's job while Vernon is helping clean up the yard?
(a) Picking up small trash.
(b) Carrying old boards.
(c) Gathering items for recycling.
(d) Holding open a trash bag.
10. What kind of car does Boby Sullivan say he knows how to hotwire?
(a) A Toyota.
(b) A Camero.
(c) A Dodge.
(d) A Buick.
11. Which of the following is not something Maxine says during her tirade?
(a) Don't touch Ronald.
(b) Let me alone.
(c) I don't need anybody's charity.
12. Which position does Vernon have dreams of holding on a major league baseball team
(a) He can't decide between shortstop and pitcher.
(d) Neither, he wants to play football.
13. Who threw a rock through Maxine's front window?
(b) Either Bobby or Jerry.
14. How long does Maxine say she and Ronald have lived in the house?
(a) Fourteen years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Five months.
(d) Five years.
15. What does Bobby say is the only reason they can't steal what Ronald needs for Special Olympics?
(a) He's afraid they'll get caught.
(b) They don't known Ronald's shoe size.
(c) They can't figure out where to get it.
(d) They don't know Ronald's shirt size.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Vernon when Maxine finds him in the opening pages of chapter 15?
2. Who is the first member of Venon's family to go to college?
3. What does Maxine say Mrs. Dibbs gave Ronald one year?
4. How many kids are in Vernon's family?
5. What kind of soap does Maxine say Ronald uses?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)