|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Steph suggest Vernon might raise money to help Ronald go to Special Olympics?
(a) She doesn't know what to do.
(b) Have a bake sale.
(c) Talk to Ronald's teacher.
(d) Ask the neighbors to contribute.
2. What does Chris steal at the Woolworth's?
(a) A magazine.
(c) A hat.
(d) A candy bar.
3. What does Miss Annie say Vernon can do while he stays with Ronald?
(a) Work on grammar exercises.
(b) Play catch.
(c) Teach Ronald to play a game.
(d) Watch television.
4. What does Vernon do when Milt kicks him out of the store?
(a) Kicks some bags of chips on the floor.
(b) Cries and leaves.
(c) Breaks a bottle of soda.
(d) Asks Milt to reconsider.
5. How many medals does Jerry say his brother won the previous year at Special Olympics?
6. Where does Jerry say his brother lives?
(a) With an aunt.
(b) At a year-round school.
(c) With a foster family trained to take care of kids like him.
(d) In a place like a hospital.
7. Where is Vernon when Maxine finds him in the opening pages of chapter 15?
(a) At Miss Annie's.
(b) On his porch.
(c) At Jerry's.
(d) In front of Milt's.
8. What does Steph send Vernon to the store for?
9. What is the show the three men put on during the carnival?
(a) They are dressed as the Pointer Sisters and sing.
(b) They sing as a barber shop quartet.
(c) The do a magic show.
(d) They dance and then teach the steps to the audience.
10. What does Sandra say she's saving her money for?
(b) A Crystal Barbie.
(c) A guitar.
(d) A new dress.
11. What happens when Vernon tries out for the junior high baseball team?
(a) He discovers there are many players who are better at the sport.
(b) He is given the opportunity to play any position .
(c) He is told he can play, but only if he plays outfield.
(d) The other kids laugh at him and he doesn't try out.
12. What does Vernon say he's going to do when Mr. Ward dies?
(a) Get back all the baseballs he's taken from the kids.
(b) Be very sad.
(c) Inherit some baseball cards.
(d) Find out who Mr. Ward's children are.
13. Who made the meatloaf they're having for supper that night?
14. What does Tony say he's going to do on the afternoon when the lab is closed?
(a) Come home to play with Ben.
(b) Go to a movie with a friend.
(c) Help Vernon clean up their own yard.
(d) Go to the library.
15. What does Maxine say Mrs. Dibbs gave Ronald one year?
(a) A coat.
(b) A pie.
(c) Some food.
(d) A quilt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is in the jar by Miss Annie's sofa?
2. What is the present Miss Annie gives to Vernon?
3. When does Vernon say his father quit school?
4. What does Vernon's father make Vernon to eat when they meet in the kitchen in the middle of the night?
5. What is Jerry's brother's name?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)