|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color are Maxine's eyes?
2. How many medals does Jerry say his brother won the previous year at Special Olympics?
3. What is on the dining room table at Maxine's house?
(a) A pile of clothes.
(b) Dirty dishes.
(c) Piles of books and papers.
(d) Lots of junk, including trinkets.
4. Why is Maxine arrested?
(a) Failing a drug test.
(b) Drunk and disorderly conduct.
(c) Mistreating Ronald.
(d) Stealing liquor.
5. What grade does Maxine say was the last she finished in school?
6. What does Maxine say Ronald is watching when he's at home alone?
(b) Music videos.
(c) The Munsters.
7. What does Maxine bring home for supper?
(c) Chinese food.
8. Who made the meatloaf they're having for supper that night?
9. How long does Maxine say she and Ronald have lived in the house?
(a) Five months.
(b) Three years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Fourteen years.
10. What is Vernon's mother's name?
11. How far does Bobby say he'll drive a car if he can find one to hotwire?
(a) Just around the block.
(b) To the store on the corner.
(c) He won't drive it at all, just start it.
(d) To an Oriole game.
12. What does Maxine carry in her handbag?
(b) A bottle of whiskey.
(c) A phone and notebook.
(d) Trash bags.
13. Why does Vernon say his father quit school?
(a) Because he got expelled for fighting.
(b) Because he had to go to work.
(c) Because his parents died.
(d) Because he couldn't read.
14. What does Maxine say will happen to Vernon because he's a good boy?
(a) He'll finish last.
(b) He'll get to see his mom someday.
(c) He'll go to heaven.
(d) God will set a golden crown on his head.
15. How much money does Vernon discover they've made for Ronald?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Maxine ask Vernon to come by one afternoon at 4 p.m.?
2. How much does Steph say Vernon should be asked to pay at Milt's?
3. Who tells Vernon that Maxine is drunk?
4. What does Tony say was Maxine's reason for getting drunk?
5. Who is singing as Vernon goes upstairs, leaving his father in the kitchen?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)