• Vernon recalls growing up with lots of children, including the five members of his family.
• He has brothers and sisters including Steph, Tony, Sandra and Ben. Vernon is the middle child.
• His mother died three years earlier. She had a stroke while sitting at her sewing machine at work.
• His sister, Steph, takes care of the younger children but Vernon sometimes discovers at school that his socks don't match.
• Vernon imagines himself a famous baseball player but discovers in junior high that there are many kids who play much better. He doesn't make the team and gives up the dream.
• As Vernon begins junior high, he discovers there aren't many things to do in the neighborhood.
• One day Vernon and some friends are bored and looking for something to do when they see Maxine, otherwise known as the crazy lady, and her son Ronald who attends...
This section contains 1,414 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)