Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Crazy Horse's daughter called?
2. Who operated as the rear guard in the fight against the Shoshoni in Chapter 17?
3. Who has Custer arrested on the Yellowstone campaign?
4. What was Carrington's Achilles' heel?
5. Where did Red Cloud make what the author calls a "splendid" speech?
Libbie Bacon is described as a progressive woman. Discuss why the author states this. Do you agree? Why or why not?
In what ways are the language and ideas in "Crazy Horse and Custer," originally published in 1975, dated? Look particularly at words used in discussing both Native and African Americans.
Ambrose writes that both Crazy Horse and Custer "lived in a society that exalted individualism..." Describe how both Native American and white societies praised individualism.
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)