Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Crazy Horse's daughter called?
2. Who operated as the rear guard in the fight against the Shoshoni in Chapter 17?
3. Who has Custer arrested on the Yellowstone campaign?
4. What was Carrington's Achilles' heel?
5. Where did Red Cloud make what the author calls a "splendid" speech?
At the Battle at Rosebud, Crazy Horse tells his men, "It's a good day to die." This phrase has often been repeated by others. What do you think Crazy Horse meant? Are there other possible meanings?
The loss of a friend (Hump), his brother (Little Hawk), and ,then , his daughter had its effect on Crazy Horse. In addition, Crazy Horse's efforts to be with Black Buffalo Woman failed; therefore, he lost her as well. On the surface, he appeared even more quiet and would disappear for weeks at a time. Discuss the effect of grief in the life of Crazy Horse.
Ambrose says that Sherman put "a joker in the deck" of the 1869 Treaty. He calls that joker civilization. Write an essay about what the treaty required of the Sioux relating to civilization. Why does the author refer to this as a "joker"?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)