|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Miniconjou medicine man who has a strong vision in Chapter 18?
2. In Chapter 15, Custer ignores orders and camps at the Republican River because he is expecting Libbie to arrive at which fort?
3. What book is Custer reading in Chapter 19?
4. Where was Custer's new regiment, the 7th Cavalry, assigned to in 1867?
5. Who remarks in Chapter 21 that Custer is going to be killed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose the man, Crazy Horse or Custer, whom you most admire most after reading this book.Write an essay on why you admire this man, providing facts from the book to support your position.
Essay Topic 2
In "Crazy Horse and Custer: The Parallel Lives of Two American Warriors," author Stephen Ambrose attempts to find parallels between two warriors in history. In your opinion, is Ambrose successful, or are the two men more different than Ambrose leads us to believe in the Introduction?
Essay Topic 3
At the Battle at Rosebud, Crazy Horse tells his men, "It's a good day to die." This phrase has often been repeated by others. What do you think Crazy Horse meant? Are there other possible meanings?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)