Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Crazy Horse's daughter called?
2. Who operated as the rear guard in the fight against the Shoshoni in Chapter 17?
3. Who has Custer arrested on the Yellowstone campaign?
4. What was Carrington's Achilles' heel?
5. Where did Red Cloud make what the author calls a "splendid" speech?
Essay Topic 1
In "Crazy Horse and Custer: The Parallel Lives of Two American Warriors," author Stephen Ambrose attempts to find parallels between two warriors in history. In your opinion, is Ambrose successful, or are the two men more different than Ambrose leads us to believe in the Introduction?
Essay Topic 2
Reread the section about Pretty Boy being a winkte. What was the Sioux attitude about being a winkte, and how does that compare to today's attitudes about gay people?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Custer's attitude and actions toward the South, in general, and slavery, specifically. How does this relate to his attitude and actions toward Native Americans?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)