|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bad news did Custer receive on January 31, 1866?
2. What did Custer have his photo taken with in the Black Hills?
3. What do Sioux call the Black Hills?
4. Who had Reno's men on the run?
5. What is the highest hill at the northern end of the bluffs at Little Bighorn called today?
Essay Topic 1
Custer insists on having Libbie with him, willing to expose her to dangers, yet Custer issued orders that if Libbie was captured by Indians, she should be shot dead. According to the author,"a psychiatrist might be tempted to speculate that he loved his image of Libbie's purity more than he love Libbie herself." Write on this topic, including your opinion and facts supporting your opinion.
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter Eleven, the author describes Custer as "wallowing" in romanticism. Analyze the connection between romanticism and war.
Essay Topic 3
Choose the man, Crazy Horse or Custer, whom you most admire most after reading this book.Write an essay on why you admire this man, providing facts from the book to support your position.
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)