|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the Cheyenne leader at Little Bighorn?
2. What was the first banking house to fail in 1873?
3. According to Chapter 13, what was the first financial offer that the government made to Plains tribes?
4. What was Carrington's Achilles' heel?
5. Which Native American scout remained with Custer as he first entered the Black Hills in 1874?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter Eleven, the author describes Custer as "wallowing" in romanticism. Analyze the connection between romanticism and war.
Essay Topic 2
Both Crazy Horse and Custer came from patriarchal societies. Discuss the effect this had on both men.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the economic depression of 1873. Contrast it with a later economic depression in the United States.
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)