|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Crazy Horse's daughter called?
2. Who operated as the rear guard in the fight against the Shoshoni in Chapter 17?
3. Who has Custer arrested on the Yellowstone campaign?
4. What was Carrington's Achilles' heel?
5. Where did Red Cloud make what the author calls a "splendid" speech?
Essay Topic 1
In "Crazy Horse and Custer: The Parallel Lives of Two American Warriors," author Stephen Ambrose attempts to find parallels between two warriors in history. In your opinion, is Ambrose successful, or are the two men more different than Ambrose leads us to believe in the Introduction?
Essay Topic 2
In what ways are the language and ideas in "Crazy Horse and Custer," originally published in 1975, dated? Look particularly at words used in discussing both Native and African Americans.
Essay Topic 3
On more than one occasion, the author has compared Custer to famed World War II general, George S. Patton. Research the life of Patton, then compare and contrast the two men.
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)