Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Crazy Horse's daughter called?
2. Who operated as the rear guard in the fight against the Shoshoni in Chapter 17?
3. Who has Custer arrested on the Yellowstone campaign?
4. What was Carrington's Achilles' heel?
5. Where did Red Cloud make what the author calls a "splendid" speech?
The loss of a friend (Hump), his brother (Little Hawk), and ,then , his daughter had its effect on Crazy Horse. In addition, Crazy Horse's efforts to be with Black Buffalo Woman failed; therefore, he lost her as well. On the surface, he appeared even more quiet and would disappear for weeks at a time. Discuss the effect of grief in the life of Crazy Horse.
Ambrose writes that both Crazy Horse and Custer "lived in a society that exalted individualism..." Describe how both Native American and white societies praised individualism.
In what ways are the language and ideas in "Crazy Horse and Custer," originally published in 1975, dated? Look particularly at words used in discussing both Native and African Americans.
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)