|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 19, who is mentioned as being "drunk nearly all the time"?
2. In Chapter 22, what did the occasional fisherman used for fish bait?
3. Where was Custer's new regiment, the 7th Cavalry, assigned to in 1867?
4. When E.B. Taylor met with Red Cloud, what did he raise the annual annuities to?
5. Which Native American scout remained with Custer as he first entered the Black Hills in 1874?
Essay Topic 1
Based on Part I only, compare and contrast Crazy Horse and Custer. In your opinion, does the author have enough similarities between these two men for any interesting analysis of their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Ambrose says that Sherman put "a joker in the deck" of the 1869 Treaty. He calls that joker civilization. Write an essay about what the treaty required of the Sioux relating to civilization. Why does the author refer to this as a "joker"?
Essay Topic 3
Choose the man, Crazy Horse or Custer, whom you most admire most after reading this book.Write an essay on why you admire this man, providing facts from the book to support your position.
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)