|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1854, who led four Brules in seeking revenge for Conquering Bear's death?
2. What became a distinguishing mark of the 3rd Cavalry Division?
3. Who is Washakie?
4. About how much did Crazy Horse weigh at the age of 24?
5. Who went along with Crazy Horse on night time raids of the settlers in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Crazy Horse and Custer think of alcohol?
2. What charm did Crazy Horse receive in 1862 or 1863 and from whom? What was the charm supposed to do?
3. What were the results of Custer's leadership on the Wilderness campaign of May, 1864?
4. What did the chiefs' society that resumed in 1865 involve and what was Crazy Horse's role?
5. Describe the plunder that George Bent reports he sees in an Indian camp as the Sioux and Cheyenne attack settlements along the Platte River.
6. Who is Custer's first love, and how does he know her?
7. What differences did General McClellan have against the Lincoln administration?
8. Custer only took one leave from West Point. When and where did he go?
9. What type of furniture did Custer have at West Point?
10. What were some of Crazy Horse's idiosyncracies as . noted before he went into battle?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Based on Part I only, compare and contrast Crazy Horse and Custer. In your opinion, does the author have enough similarities between these two men for any interesting analysis of their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the economic depression of 1873. Contrast it with a later economic depression in the United States.
Essay Topic 3
On more than one occasion, the author has compared Custer to famed World War II general, George S. Patton. Research the life of Patton, then compare and contrast the two men.
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)