|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Crazy Horse spend his teenage years according to Chapter 7?
2. Who did Crazy Horse fall in love with around the time he turned twenty-one years old?
3. In Chapter 7, what was constricting in Custer's life?
4. When did Custer enter West Point Military Academy?
5. What nickname did Crazy Horse go by as a child?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain George Armstrong Custer's birth order.
2. Custer only took one leave from West Point. When and where did he go?
3. What charm did Crazy Horse receive in 1862 or 1863 and from whom? What was the charm supposed to do?
4. What were the results of Custer's leadership on the Wilderness campaign of May, 1864?
5. What differences did General McClellan have against the Lincoln administration?
6. How did the Cheyenne and Sioux plan for the big expedition against the settlers and soldiers in the summer of 1865?
7. What is a kola and who was the kola of Curly?
8. What type of furniture did Custer have at West Point?
9. Why was Custer turned down for a command of a new Michigan cavalry regiment?
10. In Chapter 3, why was Curly encouraged to look up to young warriors? In what way did he not?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Reread the section about Pretty Boy being a winkte. What was the Sioux attitude about being a winkte, and how does that compare to today's attitudes about gay people?
Essay Topic 2
Both Crazy Horse and Custer came from patriarchal societies. Discuss the effect this had on both men.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the economic depression of 1873. Contrast it with a later economic depression in the United States.
This section contains 627 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)