Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was so pleased with Custer's decision to attend West Point that he gave him $200 for expenses?
2. Who led the Bad Faces band of Oglalas in Chapter 3?
3. Who said "fighting for fun is rare"?
4. Who did Custer become an aide to in 1863?
5. Who says, "Crazy Horse always led his men himself when they went into battle, and he kept well in front of them"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened to He Dog after 1875?
2. In Chapter 12, both men are described as finding the "rush of hot, fresh blood exciting." In what ways is this demonstrated?
3. According to the author, what mistakes did Custer make at the Battle of Little Bighorn?
4. Describe Red Cloud in 1866 and what makes him a good leader.
5. What change does becoming a father have on Crazy Horse?
6. How did the Cheyenne and Sioux plan for the big expedition against the settlers and soldiers in the summer of 1865?
7. What were some of Crazy Horse's idiosyncracies as . noted before he went into battle?
8. What charm did Crazy Horse receive in 1862 or 1863 and from whom? What was the charm supposed to do?
9. Describe what happened when Custer and his wife left for the Wilderness Campaign.
10. By the spring of 1866, what progress has been made on the railroads, and what are the future plans?
The loss of a friend (Hump), his brother (Little Hawk), and ,then , his daughter had its effect on Crazy Horse. In addition, Crazy Horse's efforts to be with Black Buffalo Woman failed; therefore, he lost her as well. On the surface, he appeared even more quiet and would disappear for weeks at a time. Discuss the effect of grief in the life of Crazy Horse.
Both Crazy Horse and Custer came from patriarchal societies. Discuss the effect this had on both men.
Describe the importance of visions among the Sioux, in general, and Crazy Horse's vision, specifically. What do you think of the concept of allowing a vision to determine your life's path?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)