|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Custer enter West Point Military Academy?
2. Who is Washakie?
3. How did Custer spend his teenager years according to Chapter 7?
4. How many times during their lives did Crazy Horse and Custer come in contact with each other?
5. Who are the "loafers" referred to in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were some of Crazy Horse's idiosyncracies as . noted before he went into battle?
2. Describe the plunder that George Bent reports he sees in an Indian camp as the Sioux and Cheyenne attack settlements along the Platte River.
3. What happened to He Dog after 1875?
4. What were agency Indians?
5. What change does becoming a father have on Crazy Horse?
6. What type of furniture did Custer have at West Point?
7. Who placed Crazy Horse's body on the Sioux ritual scaffold?
8. Describe Red Cloud in 1866 and what makes him a good leader.
9. Explain George Armstrong Custer's birth order.
10. How does General Crook propose to capture Crazy Horse?
Essay Topic 1
At the Battle at Rosebud, Crazy Horse tells his men, "It's a good day to die." This phrase has often been repeated by others. What do you think Crazy Horse meant? Are there other possible meanings?
Essay Topic 2
In "Crazy Horse and Custer: The Parallel Lives of Two American Warriors," author Stephen Ambrose attempts to find parallels between two warriors in history. In your opinion, is Ambrose successful, or are the two men more different than Ambrose leads us to believe in the Introduction?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways are the language and ideas in "Crazy Horse and Custer," originally published in 1975, dated? Look particularly at words used in discussing both Native and African Americans.
This section contains 1,278 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)