|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 22, what did the occasional fisherman used for fish bait?
(b) Buffalo fat.
2. What is Crazy Horse's daughter called?
(c) White Petal.
3. When E.B. Taylor met with Red Cloud, what did he raise the annual annuities to?
4. Along what trail did the army plan to build a fort in 1866?
(a) Santa Fe.
5. What was the title of Libbie's description of her and her husband's time at Fort Hays?
(a) Following the Guidon.
(b) Following the Indian Trail.
(c) Our Life at Fort Hays.
(d) Frontier Life for the Custers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose brains splattered on Reno's face during fire?
2. In Chapter 20, who makes the statement that if he were Indian, he would prefer to live on the open plains instead of a reservation?
3. Where did Red Cloud make what the author calls a "splendid" speech?
4. What did Sitting Bull do with much of the money earned at Buffalo Bill Cody's Wild West Show?
5. According to Chapter 13, what was the first financial offer that the government made to Plains tribes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Sitting Bull is referred to as the most famous Native American ever. Why?
2. What was the real purpose of inviting Red Cloud, Spotted Tail, and other Indian leaders to Washington in 1870?
3. Why was Custer's desertion rate in Kansas so high?
4. How does E.B. Taylor induce Indian leaders to sign treaties?
5. What did General Sherman hope to have happen when he pushed for the 1868 peace treaty with the Sioux?
6. Describe the Sun Dance held at Rosebud.
7. According to the author, what mistakes did Custer make at the Battle of Little Bighorn?
8. What route did Custer's party take to Texas?
9. What did the government mean about "civilization" in the Treaty of 1868?
10. What did Crazy Horse's friend, He Dog, decide to do before the battle at Rosebud?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)