|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Oglala enters Custer's camp soon after Custer arrives in Nebraska?
(a) Pawnee Killer.
(b) Red Cloud.
(c) Young Man Afraid.
(d) Spotted Tail.
2. In Chapter 20, who makes the statement that if he were Indian, he would prefer to live on the open plains instead of a reservation?
3. How much would the extra cavalry offered by Terry have increased Custer's fighting strength?
(a) Twenty percent.
(b) Fifty percent.
(c) Forty percent.
(d) Thirty percent.
4. Carrington read the Bible every morning in what languages?
(a) French or Greek.
(b) Greek or Hebrew.
(c) Latin or English.
(d) Spanish or Latin.
5. What do Sioux call the Black Hills?
(a) Pa Sapa.
(c) Holy Hills.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Crazy Horse mourn his daughter's death for three days and nights?
2. In Chapter 17, who is quoted as saying, "We were up against it from the start"?
3. One of the boys who listened to Crazy Horse tell stories became a famous holy man. Who was it?
4. Who remarks in Chapter 21 that Custer is going to be killed?
5. When E.B. Taylor met with Red Cloud, what did he raise the annual annuities to?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)