|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who leads the charge at the Battle at Rosebud?
(a) General Custer.
(b) Crazy Horse.
(c) General Crook.
(d) Sitting Bull.
2. What was the Army's station from their fight at Little Bighorn and where Custer planned for them to return to after the battle?
(a) Fort Laramie.
(b) Fort Omaha.
(c) Fort Abraham Lincoln.
(d) Fort MacArthur.
3. How many men of the 7th Cavalry did Custer march toward Little Bighorn?
4. According to Chapter 13, what was the first financial offer that the government made to Plains tribes?
(a) $15,000 annuities.
(b) $10,000 annuities.
(c) $25,000 annuities.
(d) $20,000 annuities.
5. Who kills Little Hawk?
(d) A group of white miners.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the highest hill at the northern end of the bluffs at Little Bighorn called today?
2. One of the boys who listened to Crazy Horse tell stories became a famous holy man. Who was it?
3. In Chapter 22, what did the occasional fisherman used for fish bait?
4. What was the first banking house to fail in 1873?
5. Where did Red Cloud make what the author calls a "splendid" speech?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did General Sherman hope to have happen when he pushed for the 1868 peace treaty with the Sioux?
2. According to the author, what was the first time that Crazy Horse's actions affected Custer?
3. How does E.B. Taylor induce Indian leaders to sign treaties?
4. What route did Custer's party take to Texas?
5. What change does becoming a father have on Crazy Horse?
6. What were agency Indians?
7. Why did Crazy Horse keep his feelings for Black Buffalo Woman secret?
8. Describe the Sun Dance held at Rosebud.
9. Sitting Bull is referred to as the most famous Native American ever. Why?
10. Why is Custer bored in Chapter 17?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)