|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which railroad originated in California?
(a) Union Pacific.
(b) Central Pacific.
(c) California Pacific.
(d) Kansas Pacific.
2. In Chapter 17, who is quoted as saying, "We were up against it from the start"?
(a) Little Hawk.
(b) Crazy Horse.
3. How much would the extra cavalry offered by Terry have increased Custer's fighting strength?
(a) Twenty percent.
(b) Thirty percent.
(c) Fifty percent.
(d) Forty percent.
4. Who is the Miniconjou medicine man who has a strong vision in Chapter 18?
(a) Long Holy.
(b) Gets-the-Best of-Them.
(c) Pleny Lice.
(d) White Bull.
5. Where was Custer's new regiment, the 7th Cavalry, assigned to in 1867?
(a) Fort Hays.
(b) Fort Riley.
(c) Fort Dodge.
(d) Fort Leavenworth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sitting Bull do with much of the money earned at Buffalo Bill Cody's Wild West Show?
2. What bad news did Custer receive on January 31, 1866?
3. At the Battle of Washita, what tune did Custer have the band play?
4. What does Custer take a resolution to not do anymore in 1869?
5. When did Custer leave for Fort McPherson?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened in 1840 when some Sioux brought yellow nuggets of gold to Father De Smet?
2. What change does becoming a father have on Crazy Horse?
3. Crazy Horse becomes a leader of a band of Sioux in Chapter 20. Explain what this means.
4. What is the "Panic of 1873"?
5. According to the author, what mistakes did Custer make at the Battle of Little Bighorn?
6. Why is Custer bored in Chapter 17?
7. In Chapter 21, the author relates that large numbers of Native Americans are leaving the agencies in 1875. There were "almost as many motives for going north as there were Indians making the trek." What are some of the reasons?
8. Describe the Sun Dance held at Rosebud.
9. Describe Red Cloud in 1866 and what makes him a good leader.
10. What did the government mean about "civilization" in the Treaty of 1868?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)