|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Medicine Arrow do to give Custer bad luck?
(a) Poured ashes from a pipe onto Custer's boots.
(b) Spit on Custer's boots.
(c) Rode in a circle counterclockwise.
(d) Refused to smoke a pipe with him.
2. What political party did Custer officially endorse in 1866?
(a) Republican party.
(b) Democratic party.
(c) Libertarian party.
(d) National Union party.
3. Where was the 1868 treaty signed?
(a) Oglala winter camp.
(b) Fort Laramie.
(c) Fort Wallace.
(d) Fort McPherson.
4. Who had Reno's men on the run?
(b) Crazy Horse.
(c) Short Bull.
(d) Sitting Bull.
5. What book is Custer reading in Chapter 19?
(a) Memoirs of Ulysses Grant.
(b) Major Battles and Campaigns of the American Revolution.
(c) Final Campaigns of the Civil War.
(d) History of the War in the Peninsula.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who remarks in Chapter 21 that Custer is going to be killed?
2. Who is Mitch Bouyer?
3. In 1867, a Missouri senator complains about the Indian wars costing the government at least how much daily?
4. Where did Red Cloud make what the author calls a "splendid" speech?
5. What did Custer name as one of the chief pleasures he and Libbie enjoyed on the Plains?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Crazy Horse's friend, He Dog, decide to do before the battle at Rosebud?
2. What two men taught Custer the most about the Plains and the tribes that live there?
3. Describe Red Cloud in 1866 and what makes him a good leader.
4. Why was Custer's desertion rate in Kansas so high?
5. How does Sitting Bull describe Custer's death?
6. What route did Custer's party take to Texas?
7. Describe Little Bighorn.
8. By the spring of 1866, what progress has been made on the railroads, and what are the future plans?
9. Describe the Sun Dance held at Rosebud.
10. What did the government mean about "civilization" in the Treaty of 1868?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)