|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Custer wrote to Libbie that the "Indians have a new name for me." What was it?
(a) Yellow Hair.
(d) Loud man.
2. Where did Crazy Horse mourn his daughter's death for three days and nights?
(a) Powder River.
(b) Crow Country.
(c) Black Hills.
(d) Shoshoni country.
3. What is the highest hill at the northern end of the bluffs at Little Bighorn called today?
(a) Sioux Hill.
(b) Crazy Horse Hill.
(c) Medicine Hill.
(d) Custer Hill.
4. In Chapter 15, Custer ignores orders and camps at the Republican River because he is expecting Libbie to arrive at which fort?
(a) Fort Sedgwick.
(b) Fort Laramie.
(c) Fort Leavenworth.
(d) Fort Wallace.
5. When do Custer and Crazy Horse first fight in the same battle?
(a) October, 1873.
(b) December, 1872.
(c) January, 1874.
(d) July, 1873.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 19, who is mentioned as being "drunk nearly all the time"?
2. What political party did Custer officially endorse in 1866?
3. Who is the Miniconjou medicine man who has a strong vision in Chapter 18?
4. What river takes the Custer party to Alexandria?
5. According to Chapter 20, what two Sioux leaders were jealous of each other?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did General Sherman hope to have happen when he pushed for the 1868 peace treaty with the Sioux?
2. Why is Custer bored in Chapter 17?
3. What route did Custer's party take to Texas?
4. How does E.B. Taylor induce Indian leaders to sign treaties?
5. What did Crazy Horse's friend, He Dog, decide to do before the battle at Rosebud?
6. By the spring of 1866, what progress has been made on the railroads, and what are the future plans?
7. According to the author, what mistakes did Custer make at the Battle of Little Bighorn?
8. How does Sitting Bull describe Custer's death?
9. Why did Crazy Horse keep his feelings for Black Buffalo Woman secret?
10. What two men taught Custer the most about the Plains and the tribes that live there?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)