|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1867, a Missouri senator complains about the Indian wars costing the government at least how much daily?
2. What does Custer take a resolution to not do anymore in 1869?
(d) Stay away from Libbie.
3. How much would the extra cavalry offered by Terry have increased Custer's fighting strength?
(a) Forty percent.
(b) Thirty percent.
(c) Twenty percent.
(d) Fifty percent.
4. Who is humiliated by the Crow at Rosebud?
(a) Chief Comes-in-Sight.
(b) General Gibbon.
(c) General Crook.
(d) Jack Red Cloud.
5. What was Carrington's Achilles' heel?
(a) Need for water.
(b) Need for wood.
(d) Poor commanding officers.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do Custer and Crazy Horse first fight in the same battle?
2. In the last five months of 1866, how many times did the Sioux attack Fort Phil Kearny?
3. Which railroad originated in California?
4. What do the Cheyenne call the battle at Rosebud?
5. What does the phrase, "to touch the pen" mean?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two men taught Custer the most about the Plains and the tribes that live there?
2. By the spring of 1866, what progress has been made on the railroads, and what are the future plans?
3. What were agency Indians?
4. Why is Custer bored in Chapter 17?
5. How does Sitting Bull describe Custer's death?
6. According to the author, what mistakes did Custer make at the Battle of Little Bighorn?
7. What is the "Panic of 1873"?
8. What was the real purpose of inviting Red Cloud, Spotted Tail, and other Indian leaders to Washington in 1870?
9. What did the government mean about "civilization" in the Treaty of 1868?
10. Describe Little Bighorn.
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)