|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mark Kellogg?
(a) Custer's nephew.
(b) Custer's brother-in-law.
(c) Custer's second in command.
(d) News correspondent.
2. Who remarks in Chapter 21 that Custer is going to be killed?
(a) Lieutenant Godfrey.
(b) Lieutenant Wallace.
(c) Sitting Bull.
(d) Crazy Horse.
3. What political party did Custer officially endorse in 1866?
(a) National Union party.
(b) Democratic party.
(c) Libertarian party.
(d) Republican party.
4. In 1867, a Missouri senator complains about the Indian wars costing the government at least how much daily?
5. What bad news did Custer receive on January 31, 1866?
(a) He had been demoted to Captain.
(b) He is to be court-martialed.
(c) His first child has died during childbirth.
(d) His mother had died.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Miniconjou medicine man who has a strong vision in Chapter 18?
2. How many men of the 7th Cavalry did Custer march toward Little Bighorn?
3. When E.B. Taylor met with Red Cloud, what did he raise the annual annuities to?
4. Where was Custer's new regiment, the 7th Cavalry, assigned to in 1867?
5. What did Custer name as one of the chief pleasures he and Libbie enjoyed on the Plains?
Short Essay Questions
1. What two men taught Custer the most about the Plains and the tribes that live there?
2. How does E.B. Taylor induce Indian leaders to sign treaties?
3. Describe Red Cloud in 1866 and what makes him a good leader.
4. According to the author, what was the first time that Crazy Horse's actions affected Custer?
5. Why is Custer bored in Chapter 17?
6. What were agency Indians?
7. What change does becoming a father have on Crazy Horse?
8. Describe the Sun Dance held at Rosebud.
9. Crazy Horse becomes a leader of a band of Sioux in Chapter 20. Explain what this means.
10. By the spring of 1866, what progress has been made on the railroads, and what are the future plans?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)