|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When E.B. Taylor met with Red Cloud, what did he raise the annual annuities to?
2. Who operated as the rear guard in the fight against the Shoshoni in Chapter 17?
(a) Crazy Horse, Hump, and Good Weasel.
(b) Hump, He Dog, and Crazy Horse.
(c) Good Weasel, Little Hawk, and Red Feather.
(d) Red Feather, He Dog, and Little Hawk.
3. How much would the extra cavalry offered by Terry have increased Custer's fighting strength?
(a) Twenty percent.
(b) Fifty percent.
(c) Thirty percent.
(d) Forty percent.
4. What was the Army's station from their fight at Little Bighorn and where Custer planned for them to return to after the battle?
(a) Fort Laramie.
(b) Fort Omaha.
(c) Fort MacArthur.
(d) Fort Abraham Lincoln.
5. Who shoots Crazy Horse in Chapter 17?
(a) Young Man Afraid.
(b) No Water.
(c) Caspar Collins.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men of the 7th Cavalry did Custer march toward Little Bighorn?
2. What river takes the Custer party to Alexandria?
3. When do Custer and Crazy Horse first fight in the same battle?
4. Who had Reno's men on the run?
5. Who is the Miniconjou medicine man who has a strong vision in Chapter 18?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened in 1840 when some Sioux brought yellow nuggets of gold to Father De Smet?
2. Why did Crazy Horse keep his feelings for Black Buffalo Woman secret?
3. According to the author, what mistakes did Custer make at the Battle of Little Bighorn?
4. Describe Red Cloud in 1866 and what makes him a good leader.
5. By the spring of 1866, what progress has been made on the railroads, and what are the future plans?
6. What did Crazy Horse's friend, He Dog, decide to do before the battle at Rosebud?
7. How does Sitting Bull describe Custer's death?
8. What two men taught Custer the most about the Plains and the tribes that live there?
9. Crazy Horse becomes a leader of a band of Sioux in Chapter 20. Explain what this means.
10. Describe Little Bighorn.
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)