|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Oglalas call the road that the settlers knew as "The Oregon Trail"?
(a) The Holy Road.
(b) The Solder's Trail.
(c) The White Man's Road.
(d) Laramie Trail.
2. What political party did Custer belong to?
(b) No answers are correct.
3. What was the last major tribe pushed onto the Plains by military defeats with other tribes?
4. According to the author in Chapter 7, what was the ultimate difference between Crazy Horse and Custer?
(a) Religious beliefs.
(b) Their mood.
(c) Ability to ride a horse.
(d) Hunting skills.
5. What medal did Tom Custer receive for his actions at Appomattox?
(a) Meritorious Service Award.
(b) Exceptional Service Medal.
(c) Congressional Medal of Honor.
(d) Purple Heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, who says, "it looks like treason" about a document?
2. On the expedition against the whites on the Plains in June 1865, who led the Cheyenne?
3. What is Pennsylvania Dutch?
4. In Chapter 10, who writes, "I captured the greatest prize of all"?
5. Who does the author credit with giving Custer his first big break in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain George Armstrong Custer's birth order.
2. In Chapter 12, both men are described as finding the "rush of hot, fresh blood exciting." In what ways is this demonstrated?
3. Describe what happened when Custer and his wife left for the Wilderness Campaign.
4. What did Crazy Horse and Custer think of alcohol?
5. What was the demerit policy of West Point when Custer attended? How many demerits did he regularly receive?
6. What type of furniture did Custer have at West Point?
7. Custer only took one leave from West Point. When and where did he go?
8. Who is Custer's first love, and how does he know her?
9. What did the chiefs' society that resumed in 1865 involve and what was Crazy Horse's role?
10. How did the Cheyenne and Sioux plan for the big expedition against the settlers and soldiers in the summer of 1865?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)