|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the expedition against the whites on the Plains in June 1865, who led the Cheyenne?
(a) Black Elk.
(b) Black Wolf.
(c) Roman Nose.
(d) Spotted Tail.
2. Who was the half-French, half-Iowa interpreter used by the soldiers at Fort Laramie in Chapter 4?
(b) Conquering Bear.
3. According to the author in Chapter 7, what was the ultimate difference between Crazy Horse and Custer?
(a) Religious beliefs.
(b) Their mood.
(c) Ability to ride a horse.
(d) Hunting skills.
4. How did Crazy Horse spend his teenage years according to Chapter 7?
(b) Becoming a warrior.
(c) Observing white soldiers.
(d) Seeking a vision.
5. About how much did Crazy Horse weigh at the age of 24?
(a) 200 pounds.
(b) 140 pounds.
(c) 160 pounds.
(d) 180 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1854, who owned the trading house near Fort Laramie?
2. In Chapter 8, where are the Shoshonis hunting before the Oglala and Cheyenne raid?
3. According to Chapter 7, who of the book's subjects had seen combat by this time?
4. In Chapter 10, who says, "it looks like treason" about a document?
5. Who is Washakie?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Francis Parkman, and why is he significant in the beginning chapters?
2. Explain George Armstrong Custer's birth order.
3. In Chapter 3, why was Curly encouraged to look up to young warriors? In what way did he not?
4. How did Colonel Chivington set up the events of the Sand Creek Massacre?
5. What is a kola and who was the kola of Curly?
6. Who is Custer's first love, and how does he know her?
7. Why do men and animals congregate in the tree groves on the Great Plains in Chapter 1?
8. What were some of Crazy Horse's idiosyncracies as . noted before he went into battle?
9. What charm did Crazy Horse receive in 1862 or 1863 and from whom? What was the charm supposed to do?
10. What type of furniture did Custer have at West Point?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)