|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Crazy Horse and other warriors go to sing or boast of bravery?
(a) The akicita lodge.
(b) Chief's lodge.
(d) Arrow Creek.
2. Who did Custer vote for in the 1864 election for president?
(b) It's unknown.
3. Who are the "loafers" referred to in Chapter 9?
(a) Peaceful Indians who lived near and depended upon the fort.
(b) A group of Crow Indians.
(c) The men that Chivington chose at Sand Creek.
(d) Indians who intermarried with white settlers.
4. How much did the leather cap that West Point cadets were required to wear weigh?
(a) One pound.
(b) Five pounds.
(c) Three pounds.
(d) Six pounds.
5. How many Sioux were estimated to be at the great council at Bear Butte in Chapter 4?
(a) 3000 to 4500.
(b) 1000 to 2500.
(c) 5000 to 7500.
(d) Less than a thousand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book led to Custer writing an essay titled, "The Red Man" while at West Point?
2. Who is George Bent?
3. Who said to give the Indian "a love for exclusive property"?
4. Where did "Custer get a decent return on the investment of his men's lives"?
5. What year was George Armstrong Custer born?
Short Essay Questions
1. Custer only took one leave from West Point. When and where did he go?
2. What were some of Crazy Horse's idiosyncracies as . noted before he went into battle?
3. In Chapter 11, why does the author describe Custer as a romantic?
4. What type of furniture did Custer have at West Point?
5. Why do men and animals congregate in the tree groves on the Great Plains in Chapter 1?
6. Why was Custer turned down for a command of a new Michigan cavalry regiment?
7. What was the demerit policy of West Point when Custer attended? How many demerits did he regularly receive?
8. How did Colonel Chivington set up the events of the Sand Creek Massacre?
9. What is a kola and who was the kola of Curly?
10. What were the results of Custer's leadership on the Wilderness campaign of May, 1864?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)