|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chapter 7, who of the book's subjects had seen combat by this time?
(a) Both Crazy Horse and Custer.
(b) Crazy Horse.
(c) Neither Crazy Horse nor Custer.
2. Why did Crazy Horse most likely not get the scalp of his first human kill?
(a) He was injured.
(b) He did not have a scalping knife.
(c) He refused to scalp anyone.
(d) He found out it was a woman.
3. Who was so pleased with Custer's decision to attend West Point that he gave him $200 for expenses?
(a) The farmer, Mr. Monroe.
(b) His father.
(c) The parent of one of his students.
(d) Congressman Bingham.
4. During the time period of this book, what trees were common along streams on the Great Plains ?
5. What is Pennsylvania Dutch?
(a) Dutch immigrants who first settled in Pennsylvania.
(b) Dutch immigrants from the Rhineland.
(c) Dutch immigrants from Germany.
(d) German immigrants from the Rhineland.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the Lance Owners?
2. Who was mortally wounded from Custer's charge against the Confederates at Yellow Tavern?
3. Who said, "General Custer is writing lasting letters on the pages of his country's history"?
4. What position was Custer serving in when he was arrested and court-martial proceedings were started against him?
5. What event occurred on February 9, 1864?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain Crazy Horse's religion.
2. What is a kola and who was the kola of Curly?
3. In Chapter 3, why was Curly encouraged to look up to young warriors? In what way did he not?
4. What change does becoming a father have on Crazy Horse?
5. Sitting Bull is referred to as the most famous Native American ever. Why?
6. What were the results of Custer's leadership on the Wilderness campaign of May, 1864?
7. Describe the Sun Dance held at Rosebud.
8. How does E.B. Taylor induce Indian leaders to sign treaties?
9. What differences did General McClellan have against the Lincoln administration?
10. According to the author, what mistakes did Custer make at the Battle of Little Bighorn?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)