|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who blocked Custer's path on the north side of the river with approximately 1,500 Hunkpapas?
(a) Sitting Bull.
(c) Two Moons.
(d) He Dog.
2. What did Custer have his photo taken with in the Black Hills?
(a) Two elk.
(b) Grizzly bear.
(c) Inyan Kara.
(d) Band of Oglalas with the Red Cloud Agency.
3. Where did Crazy Horse mourn his daughter's death for three days and nights?
(a) Shoshoni country.
(b) Crow Country.
(c) Black Hills.
(d) Powder River.
4. Who was placed in charge of the Department of the Mississippi?
(a) Colonel Carrington.
(b) Colonel Taylor.
(c) General Tecumseh.
(d) Major General Sherman.
5. Which regiment stages a mutiny against Custer in Texas?
(a) 2nd Wisconsin Cavalry.
(b) 2nd Kansas Cavalry.
(c) 1st Texas Cavalry.
(d) 4th Colorado Cavalry.
6. According to Chapter 20, what two Sioux leaders were jealous of each other?
(a) Sitting Bull and Red Cloud.
(b) Crazy Horse and Sitting Bull.
(c) Young Man Afraid and Old Man Afraid.
(d) Red Cloud and Spotted Tail.
7. In 1867, a Missouri senator complains about the Indian wars costing the government at least how much daily?
8. Whose brains splattered on Reno's face during fire?
(b) John Martini.
(c) Bloody Knief.
(d) Lieutenant Clark.
9. What did Medicine Arrow do to give Custer bad luck?
(a) Spit on Custer's boots.
(b) Poured ashes from a pipe onto Custer's boots.
(c) Refused to smoke a pipe with him.
(d) Rode in a circle counterclockwise.
10. Who operated as the rear guard in the fight against the Shoshoni in Chapter 17?
(a) Good Weasel, Little Hawk, and Red Feather.
(b) Red Feather, He Dog, and Little Hawk.
(c) Crazy Horse, Hump, and Good Weasel.
(d) Hump, He Dog, and Crazy Horse.
11. What political party did Custer officially endorse in 1866?
(a) Libertarian party.
(b) National Union party.
(c) Republican party.
(d) Democratic party.
12. What was the first banking house to fail in 1873?
(a) George Bird Grinwell.
(b) First American.
(c) Jay Cook.
(d) Kansas Pacific
13. Who kills Little Hawk?
(b) A group of white miners.
14. When do Custer and Crazy Horse first fight in the same battle?
(a) October, 1873.
(b) January, 1874.
(c) July, 1873.
(d) December, 1872.
15. What river takes the Custer party to Alexandria?
(a) Mississippi River.
(b) Canadian River.
(c) Red River.
(d) Ohio River.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shoots Crazy Horse in Chapter 17?
2. In Chapter 17, who is quoted as saying, "We were up against it from the start"?
3. How much would the extra cavalry offered by Terry have increased Custer's fighting strength?
4. Custer wrote to Libbie that the "Indians have a new name for me." What was it?
5. What position is Custer offered in Chapter 14 that pays $10,000 a year?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)