|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Crazy Horse's daughter called?
(d) White Petal.
2. Who shoots Crazy Horse in Chapter 17?
(a) Young Man Afraid.
(b) Caspar Collins.
(d) No Water.
3. Who is Medicine Bill?
(a) A warrior.
(b) A scout.
(c) A trader.
(d) A hunter.
4. Which regiment stages a mutiny against Custer in Texas?
(a) 2nd Wisconsin Cavalry.
(b) 1st Texas Cavalry.
(c) 2nd Kansas Cavalry.
(d) 4th Colorado Cavalry.
5. Where was the 1868 treaty signed?
(a) Fort McPherson.
(b) Fort Wallace.
(c) Oglala winter camp.
(d) Fort Laramie.
6. How many troops did Custer have at Little Bighorn?
7. Who is Mark Kellogg?
(a) Custer's second in command.
(b) News correspondent.
(c) Custer's brother-in-law.
(d) Custer's nephew.
8. What did Custer have his photo taken with in the Black Hills?
(a) Band of Oglalas with the Red Cloud Agency.
(b) Inyan Kara.
(c) Grizzly bear.
(d) Two elk.
9. In what city did Custer and his wife have their portraits painted in Chapter 14?
(c) New Orleans.
(d) St. Louis.
10. How many men of the 7th Cavalry did Custer march toward Little Bighorn?
11. Who kills Little Hawk?
(d) A group of white miners.
12. What does Custer take a resolution to not do anymore in 1869?
(d) Stay away from Libbie.
13. Who was placed in charge of the Department of the Mississippi?
(a) Colonel Taylor.
(b) Major General Sherman.
(c) Colonel Carrington.
(d) General Tecumseh.
14. What was the Army's station from their fight at Little Bighorn and where Custer planned for them to return to after the battle?
(a) Fort MacArthur.
(b) Fort Abraham Lincoln.
(c) Fort Omaha.
(d) Fort Laramie.
15. In Chapter 22, what did the occasional fisherman used for fish bait?
(b) Buffalo fat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Carrington's Achilles' heel?
2. Who killed Captain Fetterman?
3. Where was Custer's version of the Reno scouting expedition published?
4. Who has Custer arrested on the Yellowstone campaign?
5. What position is Custer offered in Chapter 14 that pays $10,000 a year?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)