|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the title of Libbie's description of her and her husband's time at Fort Hays?
(a) Frontier Life for the Custers.
(b) Following the Guidon.
(c) Following the Indian Trail.
(d) Our Life at Fort Hays.
2. What does Custer take a resolution to not do anymore in 1869?
(c) Stay away from Libbie.
3. What river takes the Custer party to Alexandria?
(a) Canadian River.
(b) Mississippi River.
(c) Ohio River.
(d) Red River.
4. In what city did Custer and his wife have their portraits painted in Chapter 14?
(c) New Orleans.
(d) St. Louis.
5. Who does Crazy Horse marry in 1872?
(a) Red Elk.
(b) Black Buffalo Woman.
(c) Red Feather.
(d) Black Shawl.
6. Custer wrote to Libbie that the "Indians have a new name for me." What was it?
(b) Loud man.
(d) Yellow Hair.
7. How many men of the 7th Cavalry did Custer march toward Little Bighorn?
8. What is the highest hill at the northern end of the bluffs at Little Bighorn called today?
(a) Medicine Hill.
(b) Sioux Hill.
(c) Custer Hill.
(d) Crazy Horse Hill.
9. Which railroad originated in California?
(a) Kansas Pacific.
(b) Central Pacific.
(c) California Pacific.
(d) Union Pacific.
10. Why says in Chapter 18, "There are not many joyous people here"?
(a) Lieutenant Stanley.
(c) Tom Custer.
(d) Libbie Custer.
11. What do the Cheyenne call the battle at Rosebud?
(a) Where the Crow and Shoshoni are Beat.
(b) Crazy Horse's Revenge.
(c) Attack of the Crook.
(d) Where the Girl Saved Her Brother.
12. In Chapter 22, what did the occasional fisherman used for fish bait?
(b) Buffalo fat.
13. What does the phrase, "to touch the pen" mean?
(a) To sign a treaty.
(b) A chief touched a pen that was then used by a white man to write the chief's name.
(c) To agree to negotiate a treaty.
(d) Lets the white government know that a tribe is interested in making a treaty.
14. Who kills Little Hawk?
(a) A group of white miners.
15. Who is Medicine Bill?
(a) A warrior.
(b) A scout.
(c) A hunter.
(d) A trader.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Native American scout remained with Custer as he first entered the Black Hills in 1874?
2. Carrington read the Bible every morning in what languages?
3. Where did Crazy Horse mourn his daughter's death for three days and nights?
4. In Chapter 15, Custer ignores orders and camps at the Republican River because he is expecting Libbie to arrive at which fort?
5. What position is Custer offered in Chapter 14 that pays $10,000 a year?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)