|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position is Custer offered in Chapter 14 that pays $10,000 a year?
(a) Position protecting California railway workers.
(b) Position in the War Department in Washington, D.C.
(c) Fort Commander over Fort Kearney.
(d) Position in Mexican Army.
2. Who killed Captain Fetterman?
(b) Crazy Horse.
(c) Captain Brown.
(d) Fetterman killed himself.
3. Who is humiliated by the Crow at Rosebud?
(a) Jack Red Cloud.
(b) Chief Comes-in-Sight.
(c) General Gibbon.
(d) General Crook.
4. What does Custer take a resolution to not do anymore in 1869?
(b) Stay away from Libbie.
5. Carrington read the Bible every morning in what languages?
(a) French or Greek.
(b) Greek or Hebrew.
(c) Latin or English.
(d) Spanish or Latin.
6. In Chapter 17, who is quoted as saying, "We were up against it from the start"?
(a) Little Hawk.
(b) Crazy Horse.
7. According to Chapter 13, what was the first financial offer that the government made to Plains tribes?
(a) $15,000 annuities.
(b) $10,000 annuities.
(c) $20,000 annuities.
(d) $25,000 annuities.
8. Who is the Miniconjou medicine man who has a strong vision in Chapter 18?
(a) Gets-the-Best of-Them.
(b) Pleny Lice.
(c) White Bull.
(d) Long Holy.
9. What do Sioux call the Black Hills?
(a) Holy Hills.
(b) Pa Sapa.
10. Custer wrote to Libbie that the "Indians have a new name for me." What was it?
(c) Loud man.
(d) Yellow Hair.
11. Who is Medicine Bill?
(a) A warrior.
(b) A trader.
(c) A scout.
(d) A hunter.
12. Who remarks in Chapter 21 that Custer is going to be killed?
(a) Crazy Horse.
(b) Lieutenant Wallace.
(c) Sitting Bull.
(d) Lieutenant Godfrey.
13. Who has Custer arrested on the Yellowstone campaign?
(d) Lieutenant Stanley.
14. Who does Crazy Horse marry in 1872?
(a) Red Elk.
(b) Black Buffalo Woman.
(c) Black Shawl.
(d) Red Feather.
15. Who was the Cheyenne leader at Little Bighorn?
(a) Black Elk.
(b) Two Moons.
(c) Looks Twice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the 1868 treaty signed?
2. In Chapter 20, who makes the statement that if he were Indian, he would prefer to live on the open plains instead of a reservation?
3. Who operated as the rear guard in the fight against the Shoshoni in Chapter 17?
4. What was the Army's station from their fight at Little Bighorn and where Custer planned for them to return to after the battle?
5. In 1868, approximately how many troops were stationed on the frontier?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)