|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who remarks in Chapter 21 that Custer is going to be killed?
(a) Crazy Horse.
(b) Sitting Bull.
(c) Lieutenant Godfrey.
(d) Lieutenant Wallace.
2. In Chapter 16, who says that he's ready for peace?
(c) Crazy Horse.
(d) Red Cloud.
3. Who is the Miniconjou medicine man who has a strong vision in Chapter 18?
(a) Long Holy.
(b) Gets-the-Best of-Them.
(c) White Bull.
(d) Pleny Lice.
4. Whose brains splattered on Reno's face during fire?
(a) Lieutenant Clark.
(c) John Martini.
(d) Bloody Knief.
5. When E.B. Taylor met with Red Cloud, what did he raise the annual annuities to?
6. What was Carrington's Achilles' heel?
(a) Poor commanding officers.
(b) Need for wood.
(d) Need for water.
7. In Chapter 20, who makes the statement that if he were Indian, he would prefer to live on the open plains instead of a reservation?
8. What political party did Custer officially endorse in 1866?
(a) Democratic party.
(b) Libertarian party.
(c) Republican party.
(d) National Union party.
9. Who kills Little Hawk?
(c) A group of white miners.
10. What weapon was Crazy Horse carrying at Little Bighorn?
(b) Bow and arrows.
11. What do the Cheyenne call the battle at Rosebud?
(a) Where the Girl Saved Her Brother.
(b) Attack of the Crook.
(c) Crazy Horse's Revenge.
(d) Where the Crow and Shoshoni are Beat.
12. Who leads the charge at the Battle at Rosebud?
(a) General Custer.
(b) Crazy Horse.
(c) General Crook.
(d) Sitting Bull.
13. How much would the extra cavalry offered by Terry have increased Custer's fighting strength?
(a) Forty percent.
(b) Twenty percent.
(c) Thirty percent.
(d) Fifty percent.
14. Who is Medicine Bill?
(a) A hunter.
(b) A scout.
(c) A warrior.
(d) A trader.
15. In 1868, approximately how many troops were stationed on the frontier?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city did Custer and his wife have their portraits painted in Chapter 14?
2. How many troops did Custer have at Little Bighorn?
3. Where was Custer's version of the Reno scouting expedition published?
4. Along what trail did the army plan to build a fort in 1866?
5. What is Crazy Horse's daughter called?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)