|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had Reno's men on the run?
(b) Crazy Horse.
(c) Sitting Bull.
(d) Short Bull.
2. Who is Mark Kellogg?
(a) Custer's second in command.
(b) Custer's nephew.
(c) News correspondent.
(d) Custer's brother-in-law.
3. What book is Custer reading in Chapter 19?
(a) Memoirs of Ulysses Grant.
(b) History of the War in the Peninsula.
(c) Final Campaigns of the Civil War.
(d) Major Battles and Campaigns of the American Revolution.
4. Where did Crazy Horse mourn his daughter's death for three days and nights?
(a) Crow Country.
(b) Powder River.
(c) Black Hills.
(d) Shoshoni country.
5. Along what trail did the army plan to build a fort in 1866?
(a) Santa Fe.
6. What is the highest hill at the northern end of the bluffs at Little Bighorn called today?
(a) Crazy Horse Hill.
(b) Medicine Hill.
(c) Sioux Hill.
(d) Custer Hill.
7. In the last five months of 1866, how many times did the Sioux attack Fort Phil Kearny?
8. According to Chapter 13, what was the first financial offer that the government made to Plains tribes?
(a) $25,000 annuities.
(b) $10,000 annuities.
(c) $20,000 annuities.
(d) $15,000 annuities.
9. When E.B. Taylor met with Red Cloud, what did he raise the annual annuities to?
10. In Chapter 17, who is quoted as saying, "We were up against it from the start"?
(b) Little Hawk.
(c) Crazy Horse.
11. At the Battle of Washita, what tune did Custer have the band play?
(a) When the Saints Go Marching In.
(d) Garry Owen.
12. In Chapter 16, who says that he's ready for peace?
(b) Crazy Horse.
(d) Red Cloud.
13. Which Native American scout remained with Custer as he first entered the Black Hills in 1874?
(a) Bloody Knife.
(b) Still Water.
(d) Medicine Bill.
14. Who blocked Custer's path on the north side of the river with approximately 1,500 Hunkpapas?
(b) He Dog.
(c) Two Moons.
(d) Sitting Bull.
15. How much would the extra cavalry offered by Terry have increased Custer's fighting strength?
(a) Twenty percent.
(b) Thirty percent.
(c) Forty percent.
(d) Fifty percent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What Oglala enters Custer's camp soon after Custer arrives in Nebraska?
2. What is Crazy Horse's daughter called?
3. What position is Custer offered in Chapter 14 that pays $10,000 a year?
4. What do Sioux call the Black Hills?
5. What political party did Custer officially endorse in 1866?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)