|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Crazy Horse's daughter called?
(d) White Petal.
2. Who operated as the rear guard in the fight against the Shoshoni in Chapter 17?
(a) Crazy Horse, Hump, and Good Weasel.
(b) Red Feather, He Dog, and Little Hawk.
(c) Good Weasel, Little Hawk, and Red Feather.
(d) Hump, He Dog, and Crazy Horse.
3. Who has Custer arrested on the Yellowstone campaign?
(c) Lieutenant Stanley.
4. What was Carrington's Achilles' heel?
(a) Poor commanding officers.
(c) Need for water.
(d) Need for wood.
5. Where did Red Cloud make what the author calls a "splendid" speech?
(a) World's Fair, Chicago.
(b) State Capitol, Omaha.
(c) Potomac River, Washington, D.C.
(d) Cooper Union, New York.
6. In what city did Custer and his wife have their portraits painted in Chapter 14?
(a) St. Louis.
(b) New Orleans.
7. Which railroad originated in California?
(a) Kansas Pacific.
(b) Union Pacific.
(c) Central Pacific.
(d) California Pacific.
8. In the last five months of 1866, how many times did the Sioux attack Fort Phil Kearny?
9. Who blocked Custer's path on the north side of the river with approximately 1,500 Hunkpapas?
(a) He Dog.
(b) Two Moons.
(d) Sitting Bull.
10. What was the Army's station from their fight at Little Bighorn and where Custer planned for them to return to after the battle?
(a) Fort Abraham Lincoln.
(b) Fort MacArthur.
(c) Fort Laramie.
(d) Fort Omaha.
11. What do Sioux call the Black Hills?
(a) Pa Sapa.
(d) Holy Hills.
12. Who is Medicine Bill?
(a) A hunter.
(b) A warrior.
(c) A scout.
(d) A trader.
13. Carrington read the Bible every morning in what languages?
(a) French or Greek.
(b) Greek or Hebrew.
(c) Latin or English.
(d) Spanish or Latin.
14. Who was the Cheyenne leader at Little Bighorn?
(a) Two Moons.
(b) Looks Twice.
(c) Black Elk.
15. Where was the 1868 treaty signed?
(a) Fort Laramie.
(b) Fort Wallace.
(c) Fort McPherson.
(d) Oglala winter camp.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Custer's version of the Reno scouting expedition published?
2. Where did Crazy Horse mourn his daughter's death for three days and nights?
3. Who does Crazy Horse marry in 1872?
4. According to Chapter 13, what was the first financial offer that the government made to Plains tribes?
5. Who shoots Crazy Horse in Chapter 17?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)