|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was placed in charge of the Department of the Mississippi?
(a) General Tecumseh.
(b) Colonel Carrington.
(c) Major General Sherman.
(d) Colonel Taylor.
2. What does Custer take a resolution to not do anymore in 1869?
(a) Stay away from Libbie.
3. Who does Crazy Horse marry in 1872?
(a) Black Buffalo Woman.
(b) Red Elk.
(c) Black Shawl.
(d) Red Feather.
4. At the Battle of Washita, what tune did Custer have the band play?
(a) Garry Owen.
(c) When the Saints Go Marching In.
5. How many men of the 7th Cavalry did Custer march toward Little Bighorn?
6. Who blocked Custer's path on the north side of the river with approximately 1,500 Hunkpapas?
(b) He Dog.
(c) Two Moons.
(d) Sitting Bull.
7. What Oglala enters Custer's camp soon after Custer arrives in Nebraska?
(a) Spotted Tail.
(b) Pawnee Killer.
(c) Red Cloud.
(d) Young Man Afraid.
8. What do Sioux call the Black Hills?
(b) Holy Hills.
(d) Pa Sapa.
9. Who is the Miniconjou medicine man who has a strong vision in Chapter 18?
(a) White Bull.
(b) Gets-the-Best of-Them.
(c) Long Holy.
(d) Pleny Lice.
10. When E.B. Taylor met with Red Cloud, what did he raise the annual annuities to?
11. How many troops did Custer have at Little Bighorn?
12. Who operated as the rear guard in the fight against the Shoshoni in Chapter 17?
(a) Red Feather, He Dog, and Little Hawk.
(b) Good Weasel, Little Hawk, and Red Feather.
(c) Hump, He Dog, and Crazy Horse.
(d) Crazy Horse, Hump, and Good Weasel.
13. What did Medicine Arrow do to give Custer bad luck?
(a) Refused to smoke a pipe with him.
(b) Poured ashes from a pipe onto Custer's boots.
(c) Spit on Custer's boots.
(d) Rode in a circle counterclockwise.
14. What did Sitting Bull do with much of the money earned at Buffalo Bill Cody's Wild West Show?
(a) Sent it to his family.
(b) Spent it on horses.
(c) Bought things with it.
(d) Gave it to poor children.
15. What book is Custer reading in Chapter 19?
(a) Final Campaigns of the Civil War.
(b) Memoirs of Ulysses Grant.
(c) History of the War in the Peninsula.
(d) Major Battles and Campaigns of the American Revolution.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Custer's version of the Reno scouting expedition published?
2. Whose brains splattered on Reno's face during fire?
3. In the last five months of 1866, how many times did the Sioux attack Fort Phil Kearny?
4. What was the Army's station from their fight at Little Bighorn and where Custer planned for them to return to after the battle?
5. What political party did Custer officially endorse in 1866?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)