|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mark Kellogg?
(a) Custer's nephew.
(b) Custer's brother-in-law.
(c) Custer's second in command.
(d) News correspondent.
2. Where did Red Cloud make what the author calls a "splendid" speech?
(a) Potomac River, Washington, D.C.
(b) Cooper Union, New York.
(c) State Capitol, Omaha.
(d) World's Fair, Chicago.
3. How many troops did Custer have at Little Bighorn?
4. What position is Custer offered in Chapter 14 that pays $10,000 a year?
(a) Fort Commander over Fort Kearney.
(b) Position protecting California railway workers.
(c) Position in Mexican Army.
(d) Position in the War Department in Washington, D.C.
5. What is the highest hill at the northern end of the bluffs at Little Bighorn called today?
(a) Custer Hill.
(b) Medicine Hill.
(c) Sioux Hill.
(d) Crazy Horse Hill.
6. Why says in Chapter 18, "There are not many joyous people here"?
(a) Tom Custer.
(b) Libbie Custer.
(c) Lieutenant Stanley.
7. Along what trail did the army plan to build a fort in 1866?
(a) Santa Fe.
8. Who is humiliated by the Crow at Rosebud?
(a) Jack Red Cloud.
(b) Chief Comes-in-Sight.
(c) General Crook.
(d) General Gibbon.
9. What did Medicine Arrow do to give Custer bad luck?
(a) Poured ashes from a pipe onto Custer's boots.
(b) Refused to smoke a pipe with him.
(c) Spit on Custer's boots.
(d) Rode in a circle counterclockwise.
10. Who was the Cheyenne leader at Little Bighorn?
(a) Looks Twice.
(c) Black Elk.
(d) Two Moons.
11. Who kills Little Hawk?
(c) A group of white miners.
12. When did Custer leave for Fort McPherson?
(a) August, 1868.
(b) May, 1866.
(c) July, 1869.
(d) June, 1867.
13. Where did Crazy Horse mourn his daughter's death for three days and nights?
(a) Powder River.
(b) Black Hills.
(c) Shoshoni country.
(d) Crow Country.
14. What book is Custer reading in Chapter 19?
(a) Final Campaigns of the Civil War.
(b) History of the War in the Peninsula.
(c) Major Battles and Campaigns of the American Revolution.
(d) Memoirs of Ulysses Grant.
15. Who killed Captain Fetterman?
(b) Captain Brown.
(c) Fetterman killed himself.
(d) Crazy Horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Custer's version of the Reno scouting expedition published?
2. Who leads the charge at the Battle at Rosebud?
3. What was the Army's station from their fight at Little Bighorn and where Custer planned for them to return to after the battle?
4. In Chapter 22, what did the occasional fisherman used for fish bait?
5. Which regiment stages a mutiny against Custer in Texas?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)