|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 16, who says that he's ready for peace?
(c) Red Cloud.
(d) Crazy Horse.
2. Along what trail did the army plan to build a fort in 1866?
(d) Santa Fe.
3. In what city did Custer and his wife have their portraits painted in Chapter 14?
(b) New Orleans.
(c) St. Louis.
4. Who had Reno's men on the run?
(a) Short Bull.
(b) Sitting Bull.
(d) Crazy Horse.
5. When E.B. Taylor met with Red Cloud, what did he raise the annual annuities to?
6. Who leads the charge at the Battle at Rosebud?
(a) General Crook.
(b) Crazy Horse.
(c) Sitting Bull.
(d) General Custer.
7. What weapon was Crazy Horse carrying at Little Bighorn?
(d) Bow and arrows.
8. In Chapter 22, what did the occasional fisherman used for fish bait?
(d) Buffalo fat.
9. What political party did Custer officially endorse in 1866?
(a) Democratic party.
(b) Libertarian party.
(c) National Union party.
(d) Republican party.
10. What does the phrase, "to touch the pen" mean?
(a) A chief touched a pen that was then used by a white man to write the chief's name.
(b) To agree to negotiate a treaty.
(c) Lets the white government know that a tribe is interested in making a treaty.
(d) To sign a treaty.
11. How many men of the 7th Cavalry did Custer march toward Little Bighorn?
12. According to Chapter 13, what was the first financial offer that the government made to Plains tribes?
(a) $25,000 annuities.
(b) $10,000 annuities.
(c) $20,000 annuities.
(d) $15,000 annuities.
13. Who is humiliated by the Crow at Rosebud?
(a) General Gibbon.
(b) Jack Red Cloud.
(c) General Crook.
(d) Chief Comes-in-Sight.
14. What was the first banking house to fail in 1873?
(a) Jay Cook.
(b) Kansas Pacific
(c) First American.
(d) George Bird Grinwell.
15. Which regiment stages a mutiny against Custer in Texas?
(a) 1st Texas Cavalry.
(b) 4th Colorado Cavalry.
(c) 2nd Kansas Cavalry.
(d) 2nd Wisconsin Cavalry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who killed Captain Fetterman?
2. What did Medicine Arrow do to give Custer bad luck?
3. When do Custer and Crazy Horse first fight in the same battle?
4. In Chapter 19, who is mentioned as being "drunk nearly all the time"?
5. What does Custer take a resolution to not do anymore in 1869?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)