|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What river takes the Custer party to Alexandria?
(a) Red River.
(b) Mississippi River.
(c) Canadian River.
(d) Ohio River.
2. What weapon was Crazy Horse carrying at Little Bighorn?
(d) Bow and arrows.
3. What position is Custer offered in Chapter 14 that pays $10,000 a year?
(a) Position protecting California railway workers.
(b) Position in the War Department in Washington, D.C.
(c) Fort Commander over Fort Kearney.
(d) Position in Mexican Army.
4. Who was Custer to accompany on his first post-Civil War assignment?
(a) General Sherman.
(b) General Kirby-Smith.
(c) General Grant.
(d) General Sheridan.
5. Who is humiliated by the Crow at Rosebud?
(a) Chief Comes-in-Sight.
(b) Jack Red Cloud.
(c) General Crook.
(d) General Gibbon.
6. Who killed Captain Fetterman?
(a) Crazy Horse.
(b) Captain Brown.
(d) Fetterman killed himself.
7. Who was the Cheyenne leader at Little Bighorn?
(a) Two Moons.
(b) Looks Twice.
(c) Black Elk.
8. According to Chapter 20, what two Sioux leaders were jealous of each other?
(a) Young Man Afraid and Old Man Afraid.
(b) Red Cloud and Spotted Tail.
(c) Sitting Bull and Red Cloud.
(d) Crazy Horse and Sitting Bull.
9. Where did Crazy Horse mourn his daughter's death for three days and nights?
(a) Shoshoni country.
(b) Black Hills.
(c) Powder River.
(d) Crow Country.
10. How much would the extra cavalry offered by Terry have increased Custer's fighting strength?
(a) Fifty percent.
(b) Forty percent.
(c) Twenty percent.
(d) Thirty percent.
11. What does the phrase, "to touch the pen" mean?
(a) To sign a treaty.
(b) A chief touched a pen that was then used by a white man to write the chief's name.
(c) To agree to negotiate a treaty.
(d) Lets the white government know that a tribe is interested in making a treaty.
12. When do Custer and Crazy Horse first fight in the same battle?
(a) January, 1874.
(b) July, 1873.
(c) October, 1873.
(d) December, 1872.
13. Where was the 1868 treaty signed?
(a) Fort McPherson.
(b) Fort Laramie.
(c) Oglala winter camp.
(d) Fort Wallace.
14. In Chapter 22, what did the occasional fisherman used for fish bait?
(d) Buffalo fat.
15. In what city did Custer and his wife have their portraits painted in Chapter 14?
(a) New Orleans.
(d) St. Louis.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Custer leave for Fort McPherson?
2. Along what trail did the army plan to build a fort in 1866?
3. Custer wrote to Libbie that the "Indians have a new name for me." What was it?
4. How many troops did Custer have at Little Bighorn?
5. Who remarks in Chapter 21 that Custer is going to be killed?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)