|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Mark Kellogg?
(a) News correspondent.
(b) Custer's brother-in-law.
(c) Custer's nephew.
(d) Custer's second in command.
2. When do Custer and Crazy Horse first fight in the same battle?
(a) October, 1873.
(b) January, 1874.
(c) December, 1872.
(d) July, 1873.
3. When did Custer leave for Fort McPherson?
(a) June, 1867.
(b) August, 1868.
(c) May, 1866.
(d) July, 1869.
4. Along what trail did the army plan to build a fort in 1866?
(a) Santa Fe.
5. What did Sitting Bull do with much of the money earned at Buffalo Bill Cody's Wild West Show?
(a) Spent it on horses.
(b) Bought things with it.
(c) Sent it to his family.
(d) Gave it to poor children.
6. Who operated as the rear guard in the fight against the Shoshoni in Chapter 17?
(a) Good Weasel, Little Hawk, and Red Feather.
(b) Crazy Horse, Hump, and Good Weasel.
(c) Red Feather, He Dog, and Little Hawk.
(d) Hump, He Dog, and Crazy Horse.
7. What weapon was Crazy Horse carrying at Little Bighorn?
(c) Bow and arrows.
8. What is the highest hill at the northern end of the bluffs at Little Bighorn called today?
(a) Sioux Hill.
(b) Custer Hill.
(c) Medicine Hill.
(d) Crazy Horse Hill.
9. How many troops did Custer have at Little Bighorn?
10. Where was Custer's new regiment, the 7th Cavalry, assigned to in 1867?
(a) Fort Hays.
(b) Fort Leavenworth.
(c) Fort Dodge.
(d) Fort Riley.
11. What did Custer have his photo taken with in the Black Hills?
(a) Inyan Kara.
(b) Two elk.
(c) Grizzly bear.
(d) Band of Oglalas with the Red Cloud Agency.
12. What book is Custer reading in Chapter 19?
(a) Memoirs of Ulysses Grant.
(b) Final Campaigns of the Civil War.
(c) Major Battles and Campaigns of the American Revolution.
(d) History of the War in the Peninsula.
13. According to Chapter 13, what was the first financial offer that the government made to Plains tribes?
(a) $20,000 annuities.
(b) $25,000 annuities.
(c) $10,000 annuities.
(d) $15,000 annuities.
14. Who shoots Crazy Horse in Chapter 17?
(a) Caspar Collins.
(b) Young Man Afraid.
(d) No Water.
15. What political party did Custer officially endorse in 1866?
(a) Democratic party.
(b) Republican party.
(c) Libertarian party.
(d) National Union party.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who killed Captain Fetterman?
2. What bad news did Custer receive on January 31, 1866?
3. What river takes the Custer party to Alexandria?
4. Who was placed in charge of the Department of the Mississippi?
5. Who is Medicine Bill?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)