|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Along what trail did the army plan to build a fort in 1866?
(a) Santa Fe.
2. Who is Mitch Bouyer?
(a) Army Lieutenant.
(c) Half-blood Crow tracker.
(d) Indian agent.
3. In 1867, a Missouri senator complains about the Indian wars costing the government at least how much daily?
4. Whose brains splattered on Reno's face during fire?
(b) John Martini.
(c) Lieutenant Clark.
(d) Bloody Knief.
5. Where did Crazy Horse mourn his daughter's death for three days and nights?
(a) Crow Country.
(b) Black Hills.
(c) Powder River.
(d) Shoshoni country.
6. In Chapter 22, what did the occasional fisherman used for fish bait?
(a) Buffalo fat.
7. Which railroad originated in California?
(a) California Pacific.
(b) Central Pacific.
(c) Union Pacific.
(d) Kansas Pacific.
8. What Oglala enters Custer's camp soon after Custer arrives in Nebraska?
(a) Pawnee Killer.
(b) Young Man Afraid.
(c) Spotted Tail.
(d) Red Cloud.
9. At the Battle of Washita, what tune did Custer have the band play?
(a) Garry Owen.
(c) When the Saints Go Marching In.
10. What political party did Custer officially endorse in 1866?
(a) Libertarian party.
(b) Democratic party.
(c) National Union party.
(d) Republican party.
11. In the last five months of 1866, how many times did the Sioux attack Fort Phil Kearny?
12. In Chapter 19, who is mentioned as being "drunk nearly all the time"?
(a) Charley Agard.
(b) Harry Reynolds.
(c) Gary Owen.
(d) Fred Grant.
13. How many men of the 7th Cavalry did Custer march toward Little Bighorn?
14. Who blocked Custer's path on the north side of the river with approximately 1,500 Hunkpapas?
(b) Sitting Bull.
(c) He Dog.
(d) Two Moons.
15. What do the Cheyenne call the battle at Rosebud?
(a) Where the Crow and Shoshoni are Beat.
(b) Crazy Horse's Revenge.
(c) Attack of the Crook.
(d) Where the Girl Saved Her Brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was the 1868 treaty signed?
2. Who has Custer arrested on the Yellowstone campaign?
3. What is the highest hill at the northern end of the bluffs at Little Bighorn called today?
4. Carrington read the Bible every morning in what languages?
5. In Chapter 16, who says that he's ready for peace?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)