|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the Army's station from their fight at Little Bighorn and where Custer planned for them to return to after the battle?
(a) Fort MacArthur.
(b) Fort Omaha.
(c) Fort Laramie.
(d) Fort Abraham Lincoln.
2. How many troops did Custer have at Little Bighorn?
3. Who operated as the rear guard in the fight against the Shoshoni in Chapter 17?
(a) Crazy Horse, Hump, and Good Weasel.
(b) Hump, He Dog, and Crazy Horse.
(c) Good Weasel, Little Hawk, and Red Feather.
(d) Red Feather, He Dog, and Little Hawk.
4. In 1868, approximately how many troops were stationed on the frontier?
5. Who does Crazy Horse marry in 1872?
(a) Black Shawl.
(b) Red Feather.
(c) Black Buffalo Woman.
(d) Red Elk.
6. What is Crazy Horse's daughter called?
(b) White Petal.
7. Who is humiliated by the Crow at Rosebud?
(a) Jack Red Cloud.
(b) Chief Comes-in-Sight.
(c) General Gibbon.
(d) General Crook.
8. In Chapter 17, who is quoted as saying, "We were up against it from the start"?
(c) Little Hawk.
(d) Crazy Horse.
9. In the last five months of 1866, how many times did the Sioux attack Fort Phil Kearny?
10. Custer wrote to Libbie that the "Indians have a new name for me." What was it?
(c) Yellow Hair.
(d) Loud man.
11. Who has Custer arrested on the Yellowstone campaign?
(b) Lieutenant Stanley.
12. Which regiment stages a mutiny against Custer in Texas?
(a) 4th Colorado Cavalry.
(b) 1st Texas Cavalry.
(c) 2nd Wisconsin Cavalry.
(d) 2nd Kansas Cavalry.
13. What river takes the Custer party to Alexandria?
(a) Red River.
(b) Mississippi River.
(c) Ohio River.
(d) Canadian River.
14. What bad news did Custer receive on January 31, 1866?
(a) He is to be court-martialed.
(b) His first child has died during childbirth.
(c) His mother had died.
(d) He had been demoted to Captain.
15. Who is Mark Kellogg?
(a) Custer's brother-in-law.
(b) News correspondent.
(c) Custer's nephew.
(d) Custer's second in command.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 20, who makes the statement that if he were Indian, he would prefer to live on the open plains instead of a reservation?
2. Who remarks in Chapter 21 that Custer is going to be killed?
3. What political party did Custer officially endorse in 1866?
4. What Oglala enters Custer's camp soon after Custer arrives in Nebraska?
5. Carrington read the Bible every morning in what languages?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)