|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the Miniconjou medicine man who has a strong vision in Chapter 18?
(a) Long Holy.
(b) White Bull.
(c) Pleny Lice.
(d) Gets-the-Best of-Them.
2. Who killed Captain Fetterman?
(b) Crazy Horse.
(c) Fetterman killed himself.
(d) Captain Brown.
3. In 1867, a Missouri senator complains about the Indian wars costing the government at least how much daily?
4. According to Chapter 20, what two Sioux leaders were jealous of each other?
(a) Sitting Bull and Red Cloud.
(b) Crazy Horse and Sitting Bull.
(c) Young Man Afraid and Old Man Afraid.
(d) Red Cloud and Spotted Tail.
5. What position is Custer offered in Chapter 14 that pays $10,000 a year?
(a) Fort Commander over Fort Kearney.
(b) Position protecting California railway workers.
(c) Position in the War Department in Washington, D.C.
(d) Position in Mexican Army.
6. Who was the Cheyenne leader at Little Bighorn?
(a) Black Elk.
(c) Two Moons.
(d) Looks Twice.
7. Along what trail did the army plan to build a fort in 1866?
(b) Santa Fe.
8. What was the first banking house to fail in 1873?
(a) First American.
(b) Kansas Pacific
(c) Jay Cook.
(d) George Bird Grinwell.
9. Who is humiliated by the Crow at Rosebud?
(a) Jack Red Cloud.
(b) General Crook.
(c) General Gibbon.
(d) Chief Comes-in-Sight.
10. What river takes the Custer party to Alexandria?
(a) Mississippi River.
(b) Red River.
(c) Ohio River.
(d) Canadian River.
11. Who is Medicine Bill?
(a) A hunter.
(b) A trader.
(c) A warrior.
(d) A scout.
12. In Chapter 22, what did the occasional fisherman used for fish bait?
(c) Buffalo fat.
13. Where did Red Cloud make what the author calls a "splendid" speech?
(a) World's Fair, Chicago.
(b) Potomac River, Washington, D.C.
(c) State Capitol, Omaha.
(d) Cooper Union, New York.
14. At the Battle of Washita, what tune did Custer have the band play?
(a) When the Saints Go Marching In.
(c) Garry Owen.
15. What was the title of Libbie's description of her and her husband's time at Fort Hays?
(a) Following the Indian Trail.
(b) Frontier Life for the Custers.
(c) Our Life at Fort Hays.
(d) Following the Guidon.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the last five months of 1866, how many times did the Sioux attack Fort Phil Kearny?
2. Who is Mark Kellogg?
3. What bad news did Custer receive on January 31, 1866?
4. Where was the 1868 treaty signed?
5. Who had Reno's men on the run?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)