|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the Army's station from their fight at Little Bighorn and where Custer planned for them to return to after the battle?
(a) Fort Abraham Lincoln.
(b) Fort MacArthur.
(c) Fort Laramie.
(d) Fort Omaha.
2. How many troops did Custer have at Little Bighorn?
3. How much would the extra cavalry offered by Terry have increased Custer's fighting strength?
(a) Twenty percent.
(b) Forty percent.
(c) Thirty percent.
(d) Fifty percent.
4. What was the title of Libbie's description of her and her husband's time at Fort Hays?
(a) Following the Guidon.
(b) Our Life at Fort Hays.
(c) Frontier Life for the Custers.
(d) Following the Indian Trail.
5. Who is the Miniconjou medicine man who has a strong vision in Chapter 18?
(a) Long Holy.
(b) White Bull.
(c) Gets-the-Best of-Them.
(d) Pleny Lice.
6. Where was the 1868 treaty signed?
(a) Fort Laramie.
(b) Oglala winter camp.
(c) Fort Wallace.
(d) Fort McPherson.
7. Who remarks in Chapter 21 that Custer is going to be killed?
(a) Lieutenant Godfrey.
(b) Lieutenant Wallace.
(c) Sitting Bull.
(d) Crazy Horse.
8. In Chapter 16, who says that he's ready for peace?
(b) Red Cloud.
(c) Crazy Horse.
9. What bad news did Custer receive on January 31, 1866?
(a) His mother had died.
(b) He had been demoted to Captain.
(c) He is to be court-martialed.
(d) His first child has died during childbirth.
10. Who shoots Crazy Horse in Chapter 17?
(a) Caspar Collins.
(c) No Water.
(d) Young Man Afraid.
11. Who is Mark Kellogg?
(a) Custer's nephew.
(b) News correspondent.
(c) Custer's second in command.
(d) Custer's brother-in-law.
12. What is the highest hill at the northern end of the bluffs at Little Bighorn called today?
(a) Sioux Hill.
(b) Medicine Hill.
(c) Custer Hill.
(d) Crazy Horse Hill.
13. What was the first banking house to fail in 1873?
(a) First American.
(b) Kansas Pacific
(c) George Bird Grinwell.
(d) Jay Cook.
14. Carrington read the Bible every morning in what languages?
(a) French or Greek.
(b) Latin or English.
(c) Greek or Hebrew.
(d) Spanish or Latin.
15. In Chapter 19, who is mentioned as being "drunk nearly all the time"?
(a) Charley Agard.
(b) Harry Reynolds.
(c) Fred Grant.
(d) Gary Owen.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 20, who makes the statement that if he were Indian, he would prefer to live on the open plains instead of a reservation?
2. According to Chapter 20, what two Sioux leaders were jealous of each other?
3. What was Carrington's Achilles' heel?
4. Which railroad originated in California?
5. Who is humiliated by the Crow at Rosebud?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)