|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 16, who says that he's ready for peace?
(a) Crazy Horse.
(b) Red Cloud.
2. Who was the Cheyenne leader at Little Bighorn?
(a) Looks Twice.
(b) Black Elk.
(c) Two Moons.
3. Where did Crazy Horse mourn his daughter's death for three days and nights?
(a) Powder River.
(b) Crow Country.
(c) Shoshoni country.
(d) Black Hills.
4. What did Medicine Arrow do to give Custer bad luck?
(a) Rode in a circle counterclockwise.
(b) Spit on Custer's boots.
(c) Poured ashes from a pipe onto Custer's boots.
(d) Refused to smoke a pipe with him.
5. Whose brains splattered on Reno's face during fire?
(a) Lieutenant Clark.
(b) John Martini.
(d) Bloody Knief.
6. What does Custer take a resolution to not do anymore in 1869?
(a) Stay away from Libbie.
7. In Chapter 22, what did the occasional fisherman used for fish bait?
(c) Buffalo fat.
8. Which railroad originated in California?
(a) Union Pacific.
(b) Kansas Pacific.
(c) Central Pacific.
(d) California Pacific.
9. When did Custer leave for Fort McPherson?
(a) June, 1867.
(b) July, 1869.
(c) August, 1868.
(d) May, 1866.
10. At the Battle of Washita, what tune did Custer have the band play?
(a) When the Saints Go Marching In.
(d) Garry Owen.
11. Who operated as the rear guard in the fight against the Shoshoni in Chapter 17?
(a) Hump, He Dog, and Crazy Horse.
(b) Crazy Horse, Hump, and Good Weasel.
(c) Red Feather, He Dog, and Little Hawk.
(d) Good Weasel, Little Hawk, and Red Feather.
12. Which Native American scout remained with Custer as he first entered the Black Hills in 1874?
(a) Still Water.
(b) Bloody Knife.
(c) Medicine Bill.
13. Who shoots Crazy Horse in Chapter 17?
(a) Caspar Collins.
(b) No Water.
(d) Young Man Afraid.
14. In 1867, a Missouri senator complains about the Indian wars costing the government at least how much daily?
15. In 1868, approximately how many troops were stationed on the frontier?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city did Custer and his wife have their portraits painted in Chapter 14?
2. What was the Army's station from their fight at Little Bighorn and where Custer planned for them to return to after the battle?
3. Where was Custer's version of the Reno scouting expedition published?
4. Who remarks in Chapter 21 that Custer is going to be killed?
5. How many troops did Custer have at Little Bighorn?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)