|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who blocked Custer's path on the north side of the river with approximately 1,500 Hunkpapas?
(b) Sitting Bull.
(c) Two Moons.
(d) He Dog.
2. What does Custer take a resolution to not do anymore in 1869?
(a) Stay away from Libbie.
3. When did Custer leave for Fort McPherson?
(a) August, 1868.
(b) June, 1867.
(c) July, 1869.
(d) May, 1866.
4. Who leads the charge at the Battle at Rosebud?
(a) General Custer.
(b) Crazy Horse.
(c) Sitting Bull.
(d) General Crook.
5. Whose brains splattered on Reno's face during fire?
(b) Bloody Knief.
(c) Lieutenant Clark.
(d) John Martini.
6. In Chapter 17, who is quoted as saying, "We were up against it from the start"?
(a) Crazy Horse.
(c) Little Hawk.
7. Who is Mark Kellogg?
(a) Custer's second in command.
(b) News correspondent.
(c) Custer's nephew.
(d) Custer's brother-in-law.
8. In Chapter 16, who says that he's ready for peace?
(b) Crazy Horse.
(d) Red Cloud.
9. Along what trail did the army plan to build a fort in 1866?
(a) Santa Fe.
10. In Chapter 22, what did the occasional fisherman used for fish bait?
(c) Buffalo fat.
11. When E.B. Taylor met with Red Cloud, what did he raise the annual annuities to?
12. Where was Custer's new regiment, the 7th Cavalry, assigned to in 1867?
(a) Fort Leavenworth.
(b) Fort Riley.
(c) Fort Dodge.
(d) Fort Hays.
13. Who does Crazy Horse marry in 1872?
(a) Red Feather.
(b) Red Elk.
(c) Black Shawl.
(d) Black Buffalo Woman.
14. In Chapter 19, who is mentioned as being "drunk nearly all the time"?
(a) Fred Grant.
(b) Charley Agard.
(c) Gary Owen.
(d) Harry Reynolds.
15. Where was Custer's version of the Reno scouting expedition published?
(a) St. Louis Dispatch.
(b) New York Herald.
(c) Boston Globe.
(d) Chicago Times.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who kills Little Hawk?
2. Custer wrote to Libbie that the "Indians have a new name for me." What was it?
3. Who had Reno's men on the run?
4. Who was the Cheyenne leader at Little Bighorn?
5. Where was the 1868 treaty signed?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)