|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did "Custer get a decent return on the investment of his men's lives"?
(b) Wilderness campaign.
(c) Malvern Hill.
2. What element of the weather do the Plains and the seashore share?
(a) Limited rainfall.
(b) Lack of snow.
(c) Warm, muggy temperatures.
(d) High wind velocity.
3. Who did Custer vote for in the 1864 election for president?
(a) It's unknown.
4. According to Chapter 4, what was central to life for a Sioux male?
(b) Vision quest.
(c) Being a warrior.
(d) Making the first kill.
5. Approximately how many men served under Custer at Gettysburg?
6. Whose life was more controlled by time, according to Chapter 7?
(a) Crazy Horse.
(b) Neither man.
(c) Both men.
7. Who did Custer become an aide to in 1863?
(a) General Joseph Hooker.
(b) Brigadier General Alfred Pleasonton.
(c) President Lincoln.
(d) John Pelham.
8. In Chapter 11, who on Custer's household staff took care of the horses?
(a) Johnnie Cisco.
(d) Joseph Fought.
9. According to the author in Chapter 7, why is Custer's culture more productive than Crazy Horse's?
(a) More assets.
(b) It is more disciplined.
(c) Greater technology.
(d) Larger population.
10. How many times during their lives did Crazy Horse and Custer come in contact with each other?
(a) One time.
(b) Two times.
(c) Four times.
11. Who went along with Crazy Horse on night time raids of the settlers in Chapter 9?
(b) He Dog.
(c) Little Big Man.
(d) Young Man Afraid.
12. Who was the half-French, half-Iowa interpreter used by the soldiers at Fort Laramie in Chapter 4?
(d) Conquering Bear.
13. What are the Lance Owners?
(b) A tribal nickname.
(c) A Sioux society.
(d) Cheyenne warriors.
14. In 1854, who owned the trading house near Fort Laramie?
(a) John Grattan.
(b) Henry Hawk.
(c) Francis Parkman.
(d) Jim Bordeaux.
15. At what ages did Custer and Crazy Horse become recognized leaders?
(a) 22 and 23.
(b) 29 and 30.
(c) 23 and 24.
(d) 24 and 25.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Washakie?
2. How did Custer spend his teenager years according to Chapter 7?
3. Who does the author credit with giving Custer his first big break in Chapter 10?
4. Of the 267 Union soldiers executed during the Civil War, how many were executed for desertion?
5. What more than tripled in Ohio from 1828 to 1850?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)