|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1854, who led four Brules in seeking revenge for Conquering Bear's death?
(a) Old Man Afraid.
(b) Crazy Horse.
(c) Brave Bear.
(d) Spotted Tail.
2. What element of the weather do the Plains and the seashore share?
(a) High wind velocity.
(b) Lack of snow.
(c) Limited rainfall.
(d) Warm, muggy temperatures.
3. According to Chapter 7, who of the book's subjects had seen combat by this time?
(a) Neither Crazy Horse nor Custer.
(b) Both Crazy Horse and Custer.
(d) Crazy Horse.
4. At what ages did Custer and Crazy Horse become recognized leaders?
(a) 29 and 30.
(b) 22 and 23.
(c) 23 and 24.
(d) 24 and 25.
5. What color were Custer's eyes?
6. What political party did Custer belong to?
(c) No answers are correct.
7. Ohio's population in the 1800s is called a young population by the author. Why?
(a) White Americans had just moved to Ohio.
(b) 55 percent were under twenty years of age.
(c) 73 percent were under thirty years of age.
(d) 62 percent were under twenty-five.
8. When did Custer become a Major General?
(a) July, 1863.
(b) January, 1865.
(c) September, 1864.
(d) May, 1864.
9. Who did Custer vote for in the 1864 election for president?
(c) It's unknown.
10. What is Pennsylvania Dutch?
(a) Dutch immigrants who first settled in Pennsylvania.
(b) Dutch immigrants from Germany.
(c) Dutch immigrants from the Rhineland.
(d) German immigrants from the Rhineland.
11. According to the author in Chapter 7, what was the ultimate difference between Crazy Horse and Custer?
(a) Ability to ride a horse.
(b) Their mood.
(c) Hunting skills.
(d) Religious beliefs.
12. Who is George Bent?
(a) Half Cheyenne, son of a trader.
(b) One of the soldiers at Sand Creek.
(c) A soldier at Fort Laramie.
(d) Half Shoshoni, son of a soldier.
13. How many times during their lives did Crazy Horse and Custer come in contact with each other?
(a) Four times.
(c) Two times.
(d) One time.
14. In Chapter 7, what wars are cited as wars that Custer taught about?
(a) French and Indian War.
(b) French and American Revolutions.
(c) Mexican and Peloponnesian.
(d) All European wars.
15. Who is Washakie?
(a) Oglala warrior.
(b) Cheyenne warrior.
(c) Headman of the Crow.
(d) Headman of the Shoshoni.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did the leather cap that West Point cadets were required to wear weigh?
2. How old was Custer when he graduated from the Academy and started his first paying job?
3. In what year was George Armstrong Custer born?
4. At age ten, Custer went to live with his half-sister and her new husband who lived in __________.
5. Who led the attack on Black Kettle's band of Cheyenne at Sand Creek in 1864?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)