Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Crazy Horse "do for a living" according to Chapter 8?
(c) Serve as a chief.
(d) Make war.
2. According to Chapter 7, who of the book's subjects had seen combat by this time?
(a) Crazy Horse.
(c) Neither Crazy Horse nor Custer.
(d) Both Crazy Horse and Custer.
3. Who says, "Crazy Horse always led his men himself when they went into battle, and he kept well in front of them"?
(a) Bad Heart Bull.
(b) He Dog.
(d) Eleanor Hinman.
4. Ohio's population in the 1800s is called a young population by the author. Why?
(a) White Americans had just moved to Ohio.
(b) 73 percent were under thirty years of age.
(c) 55 percent were under twenty years of age.
(d) 62 percent were under twenty-five.
5. Between Custer and Crazy Horse, who came from a modest background, according to Chapter 12?
(b) Neither man.
(c) Both men.
(d) Crazy Horse.
6. The Black Hills were known to the Sioux as a holy place called ______________.
(a) Pa Sapa.
(b) Bear Butte.
7. At what ages did Custer and Crazy Horse become recognized leaders?
(a) 29 and 30.
(b) 23 and 24.
(c) 24 and 25.
(d) 22 and 23.
8. What year was George Armstrong Custer born?
9. Where did Crazy Horse and other warriors go to sing or boast of bravery?
(a) The akicita lodge.
(c) Arrow Creek.
(d) Chief's lodge.
10. Who did Custer vote for in the 1864 election for president?
(d) It's unknown.
11. Who went along with Crazy Horse on night time raids of the settlers in Chapter 9?
(a) Young Man Afraid.
(b) He Dog.
(d) Little Big Man.
12. Who wrote to Custer, "...I had to weep for joy that the recollection was sweet in your memory"?
(a) His first girlfriend, Mary.
(b) His wife, Libbie.
(c) His mother.
(d) His sister, Lydia.
13. What was the last major tribe pushed onto the Plains by military defeats with other tribes?
14. Of the 267 Union soldiers executed during the Civil War, how many were executed for desertion?
15. How much did the leather cap that West Point cadets were required to wear weigh?
(a) Six pounds.
(b) One pound.
(c) Three pounds.
(d) Five pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, the author writes that Americans worked so much that work became ____________.
2. In Chapter 10, who says, "it looks like treason" about a document?
3. In Chapter 8, where are the Shoshonis hunting before the Oglala and Cheyenne raid?
4. How many times during their lives did Crazy Horse and Custer come in contact with each other?
5. In Chapter 7, what was constricting in Custer's life?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)