|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Part 4 : Chapter 3, The Finale.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Sioux call the Black Hills?
(b) Pa Sapa.
(d) Holy Hills.
2. Who are the "loafers" referred to in Chapter 9?
(a) Indians who intermarried with white settlers.
(b) Peaceful Indians who lived near and depended upon the fort.
(c) A group of Crow Indians.
(d) The men that Chivington chose at Sand Creek.
3. After the Battle of Bighorn, where did Crazy Horse and his people go?
(a) Went north to Montana.
(b) South to Kansas.
(d) Into Canada.
4. What reservation is shared by the Arapaho and Shoshoni?
(a) Wind River.
(c) Pine Ridge.
(d) Standing Rock.
5. Custer wrote to Libbie that the "Indians have a new name for me." What was it?
(c) Loud man.
(d) Yellow Hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Approximately how many men served under Custer at Gettysburg?
2. When E.B. Taylor met with Red Cloud, what did he raise the annual annuities to?
3. What position is Custer offered in Chapter 14 that pays $10,000 a year?
4. Who did Custer become an aide to in 1863?
5. In what city did Custer and his wife have their portraits painted in Chapter 14?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)