|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Part 4 : Chapter 3, The Finale.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What political party did Custer officially endorse in 1866?
(a) Republican party.
(b) Libertarian party.
(c) Democratic party.
(d) National Union party.
2. Who was placed in charge of the Department of the Mississippi?
(a) General Tecumseh.
(b) Colonel Carrington.
(c) Colonel Taylor.
(d) Major General Sherman.
3. At what ages did Custer and Crazy Horse become recognized leaders?
(a) 24 and 25.
(b) 23 and 24.
(c) 22 and 23.
(d) 29 and 30.
4. What did Sitting Bull leave on a stick in the prairie in Chapter 23?
(b) A scalp.
(c) A letter.
(d) A buffalo skull.
5. Who does Crazy Horse marry in 1872?
(a) Red Feather.
(b) Black Shawl.
(c) Red Elk.
(d) Black Buffalo Woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote to Custer, "...I had to weep for joy that the recollection was sweet in your memory"?
2. What was the Army's station from their fight at Little Bighorn and where Custer planned for them to return to after the battle?
3. Crazy Horse gave his shirt to another Sioux in Chapter 24. What did this mean?
4. According to the author in Chapter 7, what was the ultimate difference between Crazy Horse and Custer?
5. In 1854, who led four Brules in seeking revenge for Conquering Bear's death?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)