|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Part 4 : Chapter 3, The Finale.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book led to Custer writing an essay titled, "The Red Man" while at West Point?
(a) Leatherstocking Tales.
(b) Last of the Mohicans.
(d) Swallow Barn.
2. In Chapter 20, who makes the statement that if he were Indian, he would prefer to live on the open plains instead of a reservation?
3. According to Chapter 24, which Sioux who became a scout for the Army before becoming wounded was a "great favorite with the Army officers"?
(a) Pretty One.
(b) No Water.
(c) Woman's Dress.
(d) He Dog.
4. What reservation is shared by the Arapaho and Shoshoni?
(a) Wind River.
(b) Pine Ridge.
(c) Standing Rock.
5. When do Custer and Crazy Horse first fight in the same battle?
(a) January, 1874.
(b) July, 1873.
(c) October, 1873.
(d) December, 1872.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age did most Sioux boys participate in their first tribal hunt?
2. When did Custer become a Major General?
3. What does Custer take a resolution to not do anymore in 1869?
4. According to the author in Chapter 7, what was the ultimate difference between Crazy Horse and Custer?
5. After what skirmish did Custer call the Civil War a "Glorious War"?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)