|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Part 4 : Chapter 3, The Finale.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author in Chapter 7, why is Custer's culture more productive than Crazy Horse's?
(a) Larger population.
(b) Greater technology.
(c) More assets.
(d) It is more disciplined.
2. Which railroad originated in California?
(a) Union Pacific.
(b) Kansas Pacific.
(c) California Pacific.
(d) Central Pacific.
3. One of the boys who listened to Crazy Horse tell stories became a famous holy man. Who was it?
(a) Black Kettle.
(c) Black Elk.
(d) Fool Crow.
4. Who is the Miniconjou medicine man who has a strong vision in Chapter 18?
(a) Pleny Lice.
(b) Long Holy.
(c) White Bull.
(d) Gets-the-Best of-Them.
5. What book led to Custer writing an essay titled, "The Red Man" while at West Point?
(a) Leatherstocking Tales.
(b) Last of the Mohicans.
(d) Swallow Barn.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fellow West Point friend did Custer congratulate on his successes in the Confederate artillery?
2. Ohio's population in the 1800s is called a young population by the author. Why?
3. Where did Crazy Horse and other warriors go to sing or boast of bravery?
4. Why says in Chapter 18, "There are not many joyous people here"?
5. What was the title of Libbie's description of her and her husband's time at Fort Hays?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)