|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Part 4 : Chapter 3, The Finale.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Sitting Bull do with much of the money earned at Buffalo Bill Cody's Wild West Show?
(a) Spent it on horses.
(b) Sent it to his family.
(c) Gave it to poor children.
(d) Bought things with it.
2. Who said to give the Indian "a love for exclusive property"?
(a) Founding father, Samuel Adams.
(b) President Andrew Jackson.
(c) Vermont lawyer, Thomas Farnham.
(d) Secretary of War, Henry Knox.
3. Carrington read the Bible every morning in what languages?
(a) Spanish or Latin.
(b) Latin or English.
(c) French or Greek.
(d) Greek or Hebrew.
4. Who was placed in charge of the Department of the Mississippi?
(a) General Tecumseh.
(b) Colonel Taylor.
(c) Colonel Carrington.
(d) Major General Sherman.
5. When E.B. Taylor met with Red Cloud, what did he raise the annual annuities to?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the estimated number of buffalo on the Great Plains in the nineteenth century?
2. Who said, "General Custer is writing lasting letters on the pages of his country's history"?
3. What nickname did Crazy Horse go by as a child?
4. Who operated as the rear guard in the fight against the Shoshoni in Chapter 17?
5. What element of the weather do the Plains and the seashore share?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)