|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Part 4 : Chapter 3, The Finale.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who said "fighting for fun is rare"?
(a) General Horace Porter.
(b) General Grant.
(c) General Custer.
(d) Colonel Theodore Lyman.
2. According to Chapter 13, what was the first financial offer that the government made to Plains tribes?
(a) $20,000 annuities.
(b) $25,000 annuities.
(c) $10,000 annuities.
(d) $15,000 annuities.
3. After what skirmish did Custer call the Civil War a "Glorious War"?
(b) Rappahannock River.
4. Who was the half-French, half-Iowa interpreter used by the soldiers at Fort Laramie in Chapter 4?
(c) Conquering Bear.
5. Who shoots Crazy Horse in Chapter 17?
(b) Young Man Afraid.
(c) No Water.
(d) Caspar Collins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was so pleased with Custer's decision to attend West Point that he gave him $200 for expenses?
2. According to a letter Custer wrote to his sister, what percentage of students at West Point failed?
3. In 1867, a Missouri senator complains about the Indian wars costing the government at least how much daily?
4. Whose brains splattered on Reno's face during fire?
5. Along what trail did the army plan to build a fort in 1866?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)