|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Part 4 : Chapter 3, The Finale.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Between Custer and Crazy Horse, who came from a modest background, according to Chapter 12?
(a) Both men.
(b) Crazy Horse.
(c) Neither man.
2. In 1867, a Missouri senator complains about the Indian wars costing the government at least how much daily?
3. What could happen to a Union soldier who did not do his duty in combat?
(b) Sentenced to a year of hard labor.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) Branded with the letter 'C' for coward.
4. How many Native Americans made up the decoy party after camping on July 24, 1865?
5. Who completed his memoirs a few days before his death in 1888?
(a) General Sherman.
(b) General Sheridan.
(c) General Crook.
(d) President Grant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Crazy Horse mourn his daughter's death for three days and nights?
2. Who wrote to Custer, "...I had to weep for joy that the recollection was sweet in your memory"?
3. What became a distinguishing mark of the 3rd Cavalry Division?
4. Who said, "The Indians are a great people in such respects" in commenting of Crazy Horse taking in the Cheyenne during the 1876-1877 winter in which eleven babies froze to death?
5. At what ages did Custer and Crazy Horse become recognized leaders?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)