|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Part 4 : Chapter 3, The Finale.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Custer leave for Fort McPherson?
(a) July, 1869.
(b) June, 1867.
(c) August, 1868.
(d) May, 1866.
2. How many Native Americans made up the decoy party after camping on July 24, 1865?
3. In September of 1876, who was chasing Sitting Bull all over Montana?
(a) General Terry.
(b) General Crooks.
(c) Colonel Miles.
(d) General Gibbon.
4. What river takes the Custer party to Alexandria?
(a) Ohio River.
(b) Red River.
(c) Mississippi River.
(d) Canadian River.
5. Who said, "General Custer is writing lasting letters on the pages of his country's history"?
(a) Secretary of War Stanton.
(b) Speaker of the House Colfax.
(c) President Lincoln.
(d) General Grant.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, who has written the definitive biography of George Custer?
2. In Chapter 3, what aspect of Sioux life would Claude Levi-Strauss, a French anthropologist, have called the "science of the concrete"?
3. Where was Custer's version of the Reno scouting expedition published?
4. Who says, "Crazy Horse always led his men himself when they went into battle, and he kept well in front of them"?
5. Who told Crazy Horse that he was "past the foolish years of the wild young warrior" and needed to think of the people?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)