|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Part 4 : Chapter 3, The Finale.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 20, who makes the statement that if he were Indian, he would prefer to live on the open plains instead of a reservation?
2. What element of the weather do the Plains and the seashore share?
(a) Limited rainfall.
(b) High wind velocity.
(c) Warm, muggy temperatures.
(d) Lack of snow.
3. What bad news did Custer receive on January 31, 1866?
(a) His mother had died.
(b) His first child has died during childbirth.
(c) He had been demoted to Captain.
(d) He is to be court-martialed.
4. Who is Medicine Bill?
(a) A trader.
(b) A warrior.
(c) A hunter.
(d) A scout.
5. Which Native American scout remained with Custer as he first entered the Black Hills in 1874?
(a) Medicine Bill.
(b) Still Water.
(d) Bloody Knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Sioux call the Black Hills?
2. Who went along with Crazy Horse on night time raids of the settlers in Chapter 9?
3. What is Pennsylvania Dutch?
4. Who said "fighting for fun is rare"?
5. What white officer "took the lead in criticism of Custer's tactics," according to Chapter 24?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)