|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Part 4 : Chapter 3, The Finale.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many Native Americans made up the decoy party after camping on July 24, 1865?
2. At age ten, Custer went to live with his half-sister and her new husband who lived in __________.
(a) Columbus, Ohio.
(b) Yorktown, Indiana.
(c) Monroe, Michigan.
(d) Boston, Massachusettes.
3. Why did Crazy Horse most likely not get the scalp of his first human kill?
(a) He did not have a scalping knife.
(b) He refused to scalp anyone.
(c) He was injured.
(d) He found out it was a woman.
4. According to Chapter 24, which Sioux who became a scout for the Army before becoming wounded was a "great favorite with the Army officers"?
(a) No Water.
(b) Woman's Dress.
(c) He Dog.
(d) Pretty One.
5. Which regiment stages a mutiny against Custer in Texas?
(a) 1st Texas Cavalry.
(b) 2nd Kansas Cavalry.
(c) 2nd Wisconsin Cavalry.
(d) 4th Colorado Cavalry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who went along with Crazy Horse on night time raids of the settlers in Chapter 9?
2. According to Chapter 4, what was central to life for a Sioux male?
3. What was the last major tribe pushed onto the Plains by military defeats with other tribes?
4. What nickname did Crazy Horse go by as a child?
5. Where did Crazy Horse and other warriors go to sing or boast of bravery?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)