|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Part 4 : Chapter 3, The Finale.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At age ten, Custer went to live with his half-sister and her new husband who lived in __________.
(a) Boston, Massachusettes.
(b) Yorktown, Indiana.
(c) Columbus, Ohio.
(d) Monroe, Michigan.
2. Carrington read the Bible every morning in what languages?
(a) Latin or English.
(b) Spanish or Latin.
(c) Greek or Hebrew.
(d) French or Greek.
3. In Chapter 3, what aspect of Sioux life would Claude Levi-Strauss, a French anthropologist, have called the "science of the concrete"?
(b) Animals as teachers.
4. Who told Crazy Horse that he was "past the foolish years of the wild young warrior" and needed to think of the people?
(a) Sitting Bull.
(b) Spotted Tail.
(c) He Dog.
5. When do Custer and Crazy Horse first fight in the same battle?
(a) December, 1872.
(b) July, 1873.
(c) January, 1874.
(d) October, 1873.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Crazy Horse remain at the agency?
2. In 1854, who led four Brules in seeking revenge for Conquering Bear's death?
3. Who said, "The Indians are a great people in such respects" in commenting of Crazy Horse taking in the Cheyenne during the 1876-1877 winter in which eleven babies froze to death?
4. Why did Crazy Horse most likely not get the scalp of his first human kill?
5. What book led to Custer writing an essay titled, "The Red Man" while at West Point?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)