|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Part 4 : Chapter 3, The Finale.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Red Cloud make what the author calls a "splendid" speech?
(a) Cooper Union, New York.
(b) State Capitol, Omaha.
(c) World's Fair, Chicago.
(d) Potomac River, Washington, D.C.
2. During the time period of this book, what trees were common along streams on the Great Plains ?
3. Ohio's population in the 1800s is called a young population by the author. Why?
(a) White Americans had just moved to Ohio.
(b) 62 percent were under twenty-five.
(c) 73 percent were under thirty years of age.
(d) 55 percent were under twenty years of age.
4. What became a distinguishing mark of the 3rd Cavalry Division?
(a) Soft hat.
(b) Five gold loops on each sleeve.
(c) Top boots.
(d) A red tie.
5. How long did Crazy Horse remain at the agency?
(a) Four months.
(b) One month.
(c) Two months.
(d) Five months.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1867, a Missouri senator complains about the Indian wars costing the government at least how much daily?
2. What was the estimated number of buffalo on the Great Plains in the nineteenth century?
3. What medal did Tom Custer receive for his actions at Appomattox?
4. According to Chapter 20, what two Sioux leaders were jealous of each other?
5. Who is Mark Kellogg?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)