|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Part 4 : Chapter 3, The Finale.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What white officer "took the lead in criticism of Custer's tactics," according to Chapter 24?
(a) Captain Benteen.
(b) Major Reno.
(c) Frederick Whittaker.
(d) General Crook.
2. How many Sioux were estimated to be at the great council at Bear Butte in Chapter 4?
(a) Less than a thousand.
(b) 3000 to 4500.
(c) 1000 to 2500.
(d) 5000 to 7500.
3. When did Custer enter West Point Military Academy?
(a) September, 1858.
(b) July, 1857.
(c) June, 1860.
(d) August, 1859.
4. Whose life was more controlled by time, according to Chapter 7?
(a) Neither man.
(b) Both men.
(d) Crazy Horse.
5. What political party did Custer belong to?
(c) No answers are correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age did most Sioux boys participate in their first tribal hunt?
2. Who was mortally wounded from Custer's charge against the Confederates at Yellow Tavern?
3. Who said, "The Indians are a great people in such respects" in commenting of Crazy Horse taking in the Cheyenne during the 1876-1877 winter in which eleven babies froze to death?
4. What reservation is shared by the Arapaho and Shoshoni?
5. According to the author, who has written the definitive biography of George Custer?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)