|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Part 4 : Chapter 3, The Finale.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Custer's new regiment, the 7th Cavalry, assigned to in 1867?
(a) Fort Riley.
(b) Fort Dodge.
(c) Fort Hays.
(d) Fort Leavenworth.
2. After the Battle of Bighorn, where did Crazy Horse and his people go?
(b) Into Canada.
(c) South to Kansas.
(d) Went north to Montana.
3. How many men of the 7th Cavalry did Custer march toward Little Bighorn?
4. Where was the 1868 treaty signed?
(a) Fort Wallace.
(b) Fort Laramie.
(c) Oglala winter camp.
(d) Fort McPherson.
5. Crazy Horse gave his shirt to another Sioux in Chapter 24. What did this mean?
(a) They would be friends forever.
(b) The Sioux could have the shirt off his back.
(c) He refused to surrender.
(d) He was surrendering to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Cheyenne call the battle at Rosebud?
2. What could happen to a Union soldier who did not do his duty in combat?
3. Which Native American scout remained with Custer as he first entered the Black Hills in 1874?
4. In Chapter 10, who writes, "I captured the greatest prize of all"?
5. What position was Custer serving in when he was arrested and court-martial proceedings were started against him?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)