|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Part 4 : Chapter 3, The Finale.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the Cheyenne leader at Little Bighorn?
(a) Looks Twice.
(c) Black Elk.
(d) Two Moons.
2. Who said, "General Custer is writing lasting letters on the pages of his country's history"?
(a) President Lincoln.
(b) Speaker of the House Colfax.
(c) Secretary of War Stanton.
(d) General Grant.
3. What year was George Armstrong Custer born?
4. In 1865, the Oglala resurrected a system of government that acted as a chief's society. The seven men over forty who served were called what?
(a) Akicita society.
(b) Big Bellies.
(c) Chief council.
5. Who led the Bad Faces band of Oglalas in Chapter 3?
(a) Crazy Horse, the father.
(b) Old Smoke.
(c) Red Cloud.
(d) Bad Bear.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age did most Sioux boys participate in their first tribal hunt?
2. What book is Custer reading in Chapter 19?
3. In Chapter 10, who writes, "I captured the greatest prize of all"?
4. How did Crazy Horse spend his teenage years according to Chapter 7?
5. How many Native Americans made up the decoy party after camping on July 24, 1865?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)