|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book4, Part 4 : Chapter 2, Chapters 21 & 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1868, approximately how many troops were stationed on the frontier?
2. What bad news did Custer receive on January 31, 1866?
(a) His first child has died during childbirth.
(b) His mother had died.
(c) He had been demoted to Captain.
(d) He is to be court-martialed.
3. What book led to Custer writing an essay titled, "The Red Man" while at West Point?
(a) Leatherstocking Tales.
(c) Last of the Mohicans.
(d) Swallow Barn.
4. Who went along with Crazy Horse on night time raids of the settlers in Chapter 9?
(a) Little Big Man.
(b) Young Man Afraid.
(d) He Dog.
5. When do Custer and Crazy Horse first fight in the same battle?
(a) January, 1874.
(b) October, 1873.
(c) December, 1872.
(d) July, 1873.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shoots Crazy Horse in Chapter 17?
2. How many Native Americans made up the decoy party after camping on July 24, 1865?
3. Who did Crazy Horse fall in love with around the time he turned twenty-one years old?
4. Who is Medicine Bill?
5. What was the last major tribe pushed onto the Plains by military defeats with other tribes?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)