|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book4, Part 4 : Chapter 2, Chapters 21 & 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Custer name as one of the chief pleasures he and Libbie enjoyed on the Plains?
(a) Camping under the stars.
(b) New commands.
(c) Visiting new places.
(d) Horseback riding.
2. What position is Custer offered in Chapter 14 that pays $10,000 a year?
(a) Position in the War Department in Washington, D.C.
(b) Fort Commander over Fort Kearney.
(c) Position protecting California railway workers.
(d) Position in Mexican Army.
3. What medal did Tom Custer receive for his actions at Appomattox?
(a) Purple Heart.
(b) Meritorious Service Award.
(c) Exceptional Service Medal.
(d) Congressional Medal of Honor.
4. How much would the extra cavalry offered by Terry have increased Custer's fighting strength?
(a) Thirty percent.
(b) Forty percent.
(c) Twenty percent.
(d) Fifty percent.
5. What is the highest hill at the northern end of the bluffs at Little Bighorn called today?
(a) Sioux Hill.
(b) Medicine Hill.
(c) Custer Hill.
(d) Crazy Horse Hill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color were Custer's eyes?
2. Who said "fighting for fun is rare"?
3. How did Custer spend his teenager years according to Chapter 7?
4. What weapon was Crazy Horse carrying at Little Bighorn?
5. In Chapter 19, who is mentioned as being "drunk nearly all the time"?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)