|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book4, Part 4 : Chapter 2, Chapters 21 & 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Crazy Horse's daughter called?
(d) White Petal.
2. Who blocked Custer's path on the north side of the river with approximately 1,500 Hunkpapas?
(b) He Dog.
(c) Two Moons.
(d) Sitting Bull.
3. Who reported buffalo "as far as the eye could reach the country seemed blackened by innumerable herds"?
(a) Captain Benjamin Bonneville.
(b) George Armstrong Custer.
(c) Francis Parkman.
(d) The father of Crazy Horse.
4. About how much did Crazy Horse weigh at the age of 24?
(a) 200 pounds.
(b) 180 pounds.
(c) 160 pounds.
(d) 140 pounds.
5. At age ten, Custer went to live with his half-sister and her new husband who lived in __________.
(a) Monroe, Michigan.
(b) Columbus, Ohio.
(c) Yorktown, Indiana.
(d) Boston, Massachusettes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Cheyenne call the battle at Rosebud?
2. According to Chapter 4, what was central to life for a Sioux male?
3. According to Chapter 13, what was the first financial offer that the government made to Plains tribes?
4. In Chapter 7, what wars are cited as wars that Custer taught about?
5. How many Sioux were estimated to be at the great council at Bear Butte in Chapter 4?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)