|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book4, Part 4 : Chapter 2, Chapters 21 & 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who said "fighting for fun is rare"?
(a) General Grant.
(b) General Custer.
(c) Colonel Theodore Lyman.
(d) General Horace Porter.
2. Who is Mitch Bouyer?
(a) Half-blood Crow tracker.
(b) Army Lieutenant.
(d) Indian agent.
3. One of the boys who listened to Crazy Horse tell stories became a famous holy man. Who was it?
(a) Black Kettle.
(c) Fool Crow.
(d) Black Elk.
4. Who killed Captain Fetterman?
(a) Fetterman killed himself.
(b) Captain Brown.
(c) Crazy Horse.
5. Who is George Bent?
(a) One of the soldiers at Sand Creek.
(b) Half Shoshoni, son of a soldier.
(c) Half Cheyenne, son of a trader.
(d) A soldier at Fort Laramie.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chapter 20, what two Sioux leaders were jealous of each other?
2. In 1854, who led four Brules in seeking revenge for Conquering Bear's death?
3. In Chapter 10, who says, "it looks like treason" about a document?
4. Who was Custer to accompany on his first post-Civil War assignment?
5. Which Native American scout remained with Custer as he first entered the Black Hills in 1874?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)