|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book4, Part 4 : Chapter 2, Chapters 21 & 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the estimated number of buffalo on the Great Plains in the nineteenth century?
(a) 75 million.
(b) 25 million.
(d) 2.5 million.
2. What does the phrase, "to touch the pen" mean?
(a) A chief touched a pen that was then used by a white man to write the chief's name.
(b) To sign a treaty.
(c) Lets the white government know that a tribe is interested in making a treaty.
(d) To agree to negotiate a treaty.
3. Who has Custer arrested on the Yellowstone campaign?
(a) Lieutenant Stanley.
4. Which Native American scout remained with Custer as he first entered the Black Hills in 1874?
(a) Bloody Knife.
(c) Still Water.
(d) Medicine Bill.
5. According to Chapter 13, what was the first financial offer that the government made to Plains tribes?
(a) $10,000 annuities.
(b) $20,000 annuities.
(c) $25,000 annuities.
(d) $15,000 annuities.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did "Custer get a decent return on the investment of his men's lives"?
2. What year was George Armstrong Custer born?
3. According to the author, who has written the definitive biography of George Custer?
4. What book led to Custer writing an essay titled, "The Red Man" while at West Point?
5. Who said, "General Custer is writing lasting letters on the pages of his country's history"?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)