|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book4, Part 4 : Chapter 2, Chapters 21 & 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the phrase, "to touch the pen" mean?
(a) To agree to negotiate a treaty.
(b) To sign a treaty.
(c) A chief touched a pen that was then used by a white man to write the chief's name.
(d) Lets the white government know that a tribe is interested in making a treaty.
2. Who was placed in charge of the Department of the Mississippi?
(a) Major General Sherman.
(b) General Tecumseh.
(c) Colonel Taylor.
(d) Colonel Carrington.
3. What did Medicine Arrow do to give Custer bad luck?
(a) Refused to smoke a pipe with him.
(b) Rode in a circle counterclockwise.
(c) Spit on Custer's boots.
(d) Poured ashes from a pipe onto Custer's boots.
4. Why did Crazy Horse most likely not get the scalp of his first human kill?
(a) He did not have a scalping knife.
(b) He was injured.
(c) He refused to scalp anyone.
(d) He found out it was a woman.
5. What event occurred on February 9, 1864?
(a) Custer became a general.
(b) Custer married Libbie.
(c) Custer left for the frontier.
(d) Custer's father died.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chapter 7, who of the book's subjects had seen combat by this time?
2. Of the 267 Union soldiers executed during the Civil War, how many were executed for desertion?
3. Who are the "loafers" referred to in Chapter 9?
4. Whose life was more controlled by time, according to Chapter 7?
5. What book led to Custer writing an essay titled, "The Red Man" while at West Point?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)