|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book4, Part 4 : Chapter 2, Chapters 21 & 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote to Custer, "...I had to weep for joy that the recollection was sweet in your memory"?
(a) His wife, Libbie.
(b) His mother.
(c) His sister, Lydia.
(d) His first girlfriend, Mary.
2. What is the highest hill at the northern end of the bluffs at Little Bighorn called today?
(a) Medicine Hill.
(b) Custer Hill.
(c) Crazy Horse Hill.
(d) Sioux Hill.
3. The Black Hills were known to the Sioux as a holy place called ______________.
(b) Pa Sapa.
(c) Bear Butte.
4. When E.B. Taylor met with Red Cloud, what did he raise the annual annuities to?
5. In Chapter 19, who is mentioned as being "drunk nearly all the time"?
(a) Charley Agard.
(b) Fred Grant.
(c) Gary Owen.
(d) Harry Reynolds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the estimated number of buffalo on the Great Plains in the nineteenth century?
2. Who does the author credit with giving Custer his first big break in Chapter 10?
3. What did Medicine Arrow do to give Custer bad luck?
4. How many troops did Custer have at Little Bighorn?
5. Who is George Bent?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)