|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book4, Part 4 : Chapter 2, Chapters 21 & 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the Battle of Washita, what tune did Custer have the band play?
(a) When the Saints Go Marching In.
(c) Garry Owen.
2. What did Custer have his photo taken with in the Black Hills?
(a) Inyan Kara.
(b) Two elk.
(c) Band of Oglalas with the Red Cloud Agency.
(d) Grizzly bear.
3. What book is Custer reading in Chapter 19?
(a) Memoirs of Ulysses Grant.
(b) History of the War in the Peninsula.
(c) Major Battles and Campaigns of the American Revolution.
(d) Final Campaigns of the Civil War.
4. Who had Reno's men on the run?
(a) Short Bull.
(c) Sitting Bull.
(d) Crazy Horse.
5. Who said, "General Custer is writing lasting letters on the pages of his country's history"?
(a) President Lincoln.
(b) General Grant.
(c) Speaker of the House Colfax.
(d) Secretary of War Stanton.
Short Answer Questions
1. What became a distinguishing mark of the 3rd Cavalry Division?
2. What did Sitting Bull do with much of the money earned at Buffalo Bill Cody's Wild West Show?
3. Approximately how many men served under Custer at Gettysburg?
4. When did Custer leave for Fort McPherson?
5. Who blocked Custer's path on the north side of the river with approximately 1,500 Hunkpapas?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)