|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Part 3 : Chapter 2, Custer & Crazy Horse both on the Plains.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what aspect of Sioux life would Claude Levi-Strauss, a French anthropologist, have called the "science of the concrete"?
(b) Animals as teachers.
2. According to Chapter 4, what was central to life for a Sioux male?
(b) Vision quest.
(c) Making the first kill.
(d) Being a warrior.
3. Between Custer and Crazy Horse, who came from a modest background, according to Chapter 12?
(a) Neither man.
(c) Crazy Horse.
(d) Both men.
4. What animal slept with Custer at night in Chapter 11?
5. What old friend did Custer persuade General Pleasonton to give him as as aide?
(a) Tom Custer.
(b) Lieutenant Yates.
(c) Captain Holmes.
(d) Sargent Sherwood.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1867, a Missouri senator complains about the Indian wars costing the government at least how much daily?
2. Who says, "Crazy Horse always led his men himself when they went into battle, and he kept well in front of them"?
3. Who led the attack on Black Kettle's band of Cheyenne at Sand Creek in 1864?
4. What year was George Armstrong Custer born?
5. What was Custer's first nickname at West Point?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)