|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Part 3 : Chapter 2, Custer & Crazy Horse both on the Plains.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what city did Custer and his wife have their portraits painted in Chapter 14?
(b) St. Louis.
(d) New Orleans.
2. Who said "fighting for fun is rare"?
(a) General Horace Porter.
(b) General Grant.
(c) General Custer.
(d) Colonel Theodore Lyman.
3. About how much did Crazy Horse weigh at the age of 24?
(a) 180 pounds.
(b) 160 pounds.
(c) 140 pounds.
(d) 200 pounds.
4. Approximately how many men served under Custer at Gettysburg?
5. What is Pennsylvania Dutch?
(a) Dutch immigrants from Germany.
(b) Dutch immigrants who first settled in Pennsylvania.
(c) German immigrants from the Rhineland.
(d) Dutch immigrants from the Rhineland.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 16, who says that he's ready for peace?
2. Who is Washakie?
3. At the Battle of Washita, what tune did Custer have the band play?
4. What was Custer's first nickname at West Point?
5. When did Custer become a Major General?
This section contains 162 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)