|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Part 3 : Chapter 2, Custer & Crazy Horse both on the Plains.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the "loafers" referred to in Chapter 9?
(a) Indians who intermarried with white settlers.
(b) A group of Crow Indians.
(c) The men that Chivington chose at Sand Creek.
(d) Peaceful Indians who lived near and depended upon the fort.
2. What river takes the Custer party to Alexandria?
(a) Red River.
(b) Ohio River.
(c) Mississippi River.
(d) Canadian River.
3. In Chapter12, how many times a year might Crazy Horse go on a buffalo hunt?
(a) Five or six.
(b) As many as possible.
(c) Two or three.
4. Which railroad originated in California?
(a) California Pacific.
(b) Central Pacific.
(c) Kansas Pacific.
(d) Union Pacific.
5. When E.B. Taylor met with Red Cloud, what did he raise the annual annuities to?
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1865, the Oglala resurrected a system of government that acted as a chief's society. The seven men over forty who served were called what?
2. In 1868, approximately how many troops were stationed on the frontier?
3. At what age did most Sioux boys participate in their first tribal hunt?
4. In Chapter 15, Custer ignores orders and camps at the Republican River because he is expecting Libbie to arrive at which fort?
5. What was the last major tribe pushed onto the Plains by military defeats with other tribes?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)