|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Part 3 : Chapter 2, Custer & Crazy Horse both on the Plains.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Carrington read the Bible every morning in what languages?
(a) Spanish or Latin.
(b) Greek or Hebrew.
(c) Latin or English.
(d) French or Greek.
2. Who said, "General Custer is writing lasting letters on the pages of his country's history"?
(a) General Grant.
(b) President Lincoln.
(c) Speaker of the House Colfax.
(d) Secretary of War Stanton.
3. Who said "fighting for fun is rare"?
(a) General Horace Porter.
(b) Colonel Theodore Lyman.
(c) General Grant.
(d) General Custer.
4. What did Medicine Arrow do to give Custer bad luck?
(a) Rode in a circle counterclockwise.
(b) Refused to smoke a pipe with him.
(c) Poured ashes from a pipe onto Custer's boots.
(d) Spit on Custer's boots.
5. How much did the leather cap that West Point cadets were required to wear weigh?
(a) Six pounds.
(b) One pound.
(c) Three pounds.
(d) Five pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who went along with Crazy Horse on night time raids of the settlers in Chapter 9?
2. How did Custer spend his teenager years according to Chapter 7?
3. Where did "Custer get a decent return on the investment of his men's lives"?
4. In 1868, approximately how many troops were stationed on the frontier?
5. In Chapter 17, who is quoted as saying, "We were up against it from the start"?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)