|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Part 3 : Chapter 2, Custer & Crazy Horse both on the Plains.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What book led to Custer writing an essay titled, "The Red Man" while at West Point?
(a) Swallow Barn.
(b) Last of the Mohicans.
(c) Leatherstocking Tales.
2. What bad news did Custer receive on January 31, 1866?
(a) He had been demoted to Captain.
(b) His first child has died during childbirth.
(c) His mother had died.
(d) He is to be court-martialed.
3. Who is Medicine Bill?
(a) A hunter.
(b) A scout.
(c) A trader.
(d) A warrior.
4. Who are the "loafers" referred to in Chapter 9?
(a) Peaceful Indians who lived near and depended upon the fort.
(b) The men that Chivington chose at Sand Creek.
(c) Indians who intermarried with white settlers.
(d) A group of Crow Indians.
5. When E.B. Taylor met with Red Cloud, what did he raise the annual annuities to?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author in Chapter 7, why is Custer's culture more productive than Crazy Horse's?
2. In 1854, who led four Brules in seeking revenge for Conquering Bear's death?
3. In Chapter 15, Custer ignores orders and camps at the Republican River because he is expecting Libbie to arrive at which fort?
4. What year was George Armstrong Custer born?
5. What was Carrington's Achilles' heel?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)