|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Part 3 : Chapter 2, Custer & Crazy Horse both on the Plains.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the last major tribe pushed onto the Plains by military defeats with other tribes?
2. What bad news did Custer receive on January 31, 1866?
(a) His mother had died.
(b) He is to be court-martialed.
(c) His first child has died during childbirth.
(d) He had been demoted to Captain.
3. What did Custer name as one of the chief pleasures he and Libbie enjoyed on the Plains?
(a) Camping under the stars.
(b) Horseback riding.
(c) New commands.
(d) Visiting new places.
4. In Chapter 11, who on Custer's household staff took care of the horses?
(c) Johnnie Cisco.
(d) Joseph Fought.
5. Who does the author credit with giving Custer his first big break in Chapter 10?
(a) General Lee.
(b) General Smith.
(c) General McClellan.
(d) General Burnside.
Short Answer Questions
1. What medal did Tom Custer receive for his actions at Appomattox?
2. What Oglala enters Custer's camp soon after Custer arrives in Nebraska?
3. After what skirmish did Custer call the Civil War a "Glorious War"?
4. Who went along with Crazy Horse on night time raids of the settlers in Chapter 9?
5. On the expedition against the whites on the Plains in June 1865, who led the Cheyenne?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)