|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Part 3 : Chapter 2, Custer & Crazy Horse both on the Plains.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Along what trail did the army plan to build a fort in 1866?
(b) Santa Fe.
2. In what city did Custer and his wife have their portraits painted in Chapter 14?
(c) New Orleans.
(d) St. Louis.
3. What medal did Tom Custer receive for his actions at Appomattox?
(a) Meritorious Service Award.
(b) Purple Heart.
(c) Congressional Medal of Honor.
(d) Exceptional Service Medal.
4. According to the author in Chapter 7, why is Custer's culture more productive than Crazy Horse's?
(a) More assets.
(b) Greater technology.
(c) Larger population.
(d) It is more disciplined.
5. Who did Crazy Horse fall in love with around the time he turned twenty-one years old?
(a) Black Buffalo Woman.
(b) Daughter of Old-Man-Afraid-of-his-Horses.
(c) Sitting Bull's niece.
(d) Red Shawl Woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Custer's new regiment, the 7th Cavalry, assigned to in 1867?
2. According to Chapter 7, who of the book's subjects had seen combat by this time?
3. Approximately how many men served under Custer at Gettysburg?
4. Who went along with Crazy Horse on night time raids of the settlers in Chapter 9?
5. According to Chapter 9, what white man does Crazy Horse develop a friendship with?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)