|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Part 3 : Chapter 2, Custer & Crazy Horse both on the Plains.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chapter 13, what was the first financial offer that the government made to Plains tribes?
(a) $10,000 annuities.
(b) $20,000 annuities.
(c) $25,000 annuities.
(d) $15,000 annuities.
2. In Chapter 8, where are the Shoshonis hunting before the Oglala and Cheyenne raid?
(a) Near Fort Laramie.
(b) Captive Butte.
(c) Sweetwater River.
(d) Bighorn River.
3. In Chapter 10, who says, "it looks like treason" about a document?
(a) Fernando Wood.
(b) General McClellan.
(c) Captain Custer.
(d) General Smith.
4. Why did Crazy Horse most likely not get the scalp of his first human kill?
(a) He found out it was a woman.
(b) He did not have a scalping knife.
(c) He was injured.
(d) He refused to scalp anyone.
5. Who killed Captain Fetterman?
(a) Crazy Horse.
(b) Captain Brown.
(d) Fetterman killed himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the WPPA?
2. How old was Custer when he graduated from the Academy and started his first paying job?
3. What was the last major tribe pushed onto the Plains by military defeats with other tribes?
4. According to the author in Chapter 7, what was the ultimate difference between Crazy Horse and Custer?
5. How many Sioux were estimated to be at the great council at Bear Butte in Chapter 4?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)