|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Part 3 : Chapter 2, Custer & Crazy Horse both on the Plains.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What could happen to a Union soldier who did not do his duty in combat?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) Branded with the letter 'C' for coward.
(c) Sentenced to a year of hard labor.
2. Who killed Captain Fetterman?
(a) Fetterman killed himself.
(c) Captain Brown.
(d) Crazy Horse.
3. Who led the attack on Black Kettle's band of Cheyenne at Sand Creek in 1864?
(a) Captain Custer.
(b) Colonel Collins.
(c) General Evans.
(d) Colonel Chivington.
4. According to the author in Chapter 7, why is Custer's culture more productive than Crazy Horse's?
(a) It is more disciplined.
(b) More assets.
(c) Greater technology.
(d) Larger population.
5. In 1868, approximately how many troops were stationed on the frontier?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Black Hills were known to the Sioux as a holy place called ______________.
2. Who is George Bent?
3. Who was so pleased with Custer's decision to attend West Point that he gave him $200 for expenses?
4. Who was Custer to accompany on his first post-Civil War assignment?
5. When did Custer enter West Point Military Academy?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)