|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Part 3 : Chapter 2, Custer & Crazy Horse both on the Plains.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What old friend did Custer persuade General Pleasonton to give him as as aide?
(a) Captain Holmes.
(b) Tom Custer.
(c) Sargent Sherwood.
(d) Lieutenant Yates.
2. In Chapter12, how many times a year might Crazy Horse go on a buffalo hunt?
(a) As many as possible.
(b) Two or three.
(c) Five or six.
3. Who is Medicine Bill?
(a) A scout.
(b) A warrior.
(c) A hunter.
(d) A trader.
4. What was Custer's first nickname at West Point?
5. According to Chapter 9, what white man does Crazy Horse develop a friendship with?
(a) Jedidiah Smith.
(b) Caspar Collins.
(c) William O. Collins.
(d) Joseph Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the last major tribe pushed onto the Plains by military defeats with other tribes?
2. In Chapter 7, what was constricting in Custer's life?
3. Who wrote to Custer, "...I had to weep for joy that the recollection was sweet in your memory"?
4. What was Custer's nickname as a boy?
5. In what city did Custer and his wife have their portraits painted in Chapter 14?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)