|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Part 3 : Chapter 2, Custer & Crazy Horse both on the Plains.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the estimated number of buffalo on the Great Plains in the nineteenth century?
(a) 2.5 million.
(b) 25 million.
(d) 75 million.
2. Who wrote to Custer, "...I had to weep for joy that the recollection was sweet in your memory"?
(a) His first girlfriend, Mary.
(b) His wife, Libbie.
(c) His mother.
(d) His sister, Lydia.
3. What was the most important subject at West Point when Custer attended?
(b) Military strategy.
4. In Chapter12, how many times a year might Crazy Horse go on a buffalo hunt?
(a) Two or three.
(b) As many as possible.
(d) Five or six.
5. In the last five months of 1866, how many times did the Sioux attack Fort Phil Kearny?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Washakie?
2. Who led the attack on Black Kettle's band of Cheyenne at Sand Creek in 1864?
3. What position was Custer serving in when he was arrested and court-martial proceedings were started against him?
4. Whose life was more controlled by time, according to Chapter 7?
5. In what year was George Armstrong Custer born?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)