|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Part 3 : Chapter 2, Custer & Crazy Horse both on the Plains.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the "loafers" referred to in Chapter 9?
(a) A group of Crow Indians.
(b) The men that Chivington chose at Sand Creek.
(c) Indians who intermarried with white settlers.
(d) Peaceful Indians who lived near and depended upon the fort.
2. When did Custer become a Major General?
(a) July, 1863.
(b) May, 1864.
(c) January, 1865.
(d) September, 1864.
3. How did Custer spend his teenager years according to Chapter 7?
(a) Playing practical jokes.
(b) Trying to do something and be somebody.
(c) Competing against others.
(d) Going to school.
4. Who is Medicine Bill?
(a) A warrior.
(b) A trader.
(c) A hunter.
(d) A scout.
5. What was the last major tribe pushed onto the Plains by military defeats with other tribes?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the Oglalas call the road that the settlers knew as "The Oregon Trail"?
2. According to Chapter 13, what was the first financial offer that the government made to Plains tribes?
3. According to the author in Chapter 7, why is Custer's culture more productive than Crazy Horse's?
4. How many Native Americans made up the decoy party after camping on July 24, 1865?
5. Who went along with Crazy Horse on night time raids of the settlers in Chapter 9?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)