|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Part 3 : Chapter 2, Custer & Crazy Horse both on the Plains.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, the author writes that Americans worked so much that work became ____________.
(a) A hobby.
(b) The reason for living.
(c) A psychic need.
(d) A religion.
2. In 1854, who owned the trading house near Fort Laramie?
(a) John Grattan.
(b) Henry Hawk.
(c) Jim Bordeaux.
(d) Francis Parkman.
3. What was the most important subject at West Point when Custer attended?
(b) Military strategy.
4. Why did Crazy Horse most likely not get the scalp of his first human kill?
(a) He was injured.
(b) He refused to scalp anyone.
(c) He found out it was a woman.
(d) He did not have a scalping knife.
5. Who killed Captain Fetterman?
(a) Captain Brown.
(b) Crazy Horse.
(c) Fetterman killed himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did "Custer get a decent return on the investment of his men's lives"?
2. What more than tripled in Ohio from 1828 to 1850?
3. Where was Custer's new regiment, the 7th Cavalry, assigned to in 1867?
4. What was Custer's first nickname at West Point?
5. What did Crazy Horse "do for a living" according to Chapter 8?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)