|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Part 3 : Chapter 2, Custer & Crazy Horse both on the Plains.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What political party did Custer belong to?
(d) No answers are correct.
2. Along what trail did the army plan to build a fort in 1866?
(a) Santa Fe.
3. What bad news did Custer receive on January 31, 1866?
(a) His first child has died during childbirth.
(b) He is to be court-martialed.
(c) He had been demoted to Captain.
(d) His mother had died.
4. Who did Crazy Horse fall in love with around the time he turned twenty-one years old?
(a) Daughter of Old-Man-Afraid-of-his-Horses.
(b) Red Shawl Woman.
(c) Sitting Bull's niece.
(d) Black Buffalo Woman.
5. Where was the 1868 treaty signed?
(a) Oglala winter camp.
(b) Fort Laramie.
(c) Fort Wallace.
(d) Fort McPherson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Between Custer and Crazy Horse, who came from a modest background, according to Chapter 12?
2. Where was Custer's new regiment, the 7th Cavalry, assigned to in 1867?
3. How many times during their lives did Crazy Horse and Custer come in contact with each other?
4. What does the phrase, "to touch the pen" mean?
5. In Chapter 2, the author writes that Americans worked so much that work became ____________.
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)