|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Part 3 : Chapter 2, Custer & Crazy Horse both on the Plains.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Medicine Arrow do to give Custer bad luck?
(a) Refused to smoke a pipe with him.
(b) Spit on Custer's boots.
(c) Rode in a circle counterclockwise.
(d) Poured ashes from a pipe onto Custer's boots.
2. At age ten, Custer went to live with his half-sister and her new husband who lived in __________.
(a) Yorktown, Indiana.
(b) Boston, Massachusettes.
(c) Monroe, Michigan.
(d) Columbus, Ohio.
3. At the Battle of Washita, what tune did Custer have the band play?
(a) Garry Owen.
(b) When the Saints Go Marching In.
4. In what year was George Armstrong Custer born?
5. What more than tripled in Ohio from 1828 to 1850?
(a) Newspapers and periodicals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which railroad originated in California?
2. Who is Washakie?
3. When did Custer leave for Fort McPherson?
4. In Chapter 17, who is quoted as saying, "We were up against it from the start"?
5. In Chapter 7, what wars are cited as wars that Custer taught about?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)