|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Part 3 : Chapter 2, Custer & Crazy Horse both on the Plains.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What more than tripled in Ohio from 1828 to 1850?
(d) Newspapers and periodicals.
2. What did the Oglalas call the road that the settlers knew as "The Oregon Trail"?
(a) The Holy Road.
(b) The White Man's Road.
(c) The Solder's Trail.
(d) Laramie Trail.
3. According to the author in Chapter 7, why is Custer's culture more productive than Crazy Horse's?
(a) More assets.
(b) Greater technology.
(c) Larger population.
(d) It is more disciplined.
4. At the Battle of Washita, what tune did Custer have the band play?
(b) Garry Owen.
(d) When the Saints Go Marching In.
5. Who kills Little Hawk?
(b) A group of white miners.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did "Custer get a decent return on the investment of his men's lives"?
2. Where was Custer's new regiment, the 7th Cavalry, assigned to in 1867?
3. Who said "fighting for fun is rare"?
4. What bad news did Custer receive on January 31, 1866?
5. About how much did Crazy Horse weigh at the age of 24?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)