|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Part 3 : Chapter 2, Custer & Crazy Horse both on the Plains.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Custer meet on Thanksgiving evening in 1862?
(a) Elizabeth Bacon.
(b) Issac Christiancy.
(c) Fanny Fifield.
(d) Mary Holland.
2. Approximately how many men served under Custer at Gettysburg?
3. Who went along with Crazy Horse on night time raids of the settlers in Chapter 9?
(b) Little Big Man.
(c) Young Man Afraid.
(d) He Dog.
4. Who said, "General Custer is writing lasting letters on the pages of his country's history"?
(a) Speaker of the House Colfax.
(b) President Lincoln.
(c) General Grant.
(d) Secretary of War Stanton.
5. In Chapter 17, who is quoted as saying, "We were up against it from the start"?
(a) Little Hawk.
(b) Crazy Horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was so pleased with Custer's decision to attend West Point that he gave him $200 for expenses?
2. In Chapter 10, who writes, "I captured the greatest prize of all"?
3. Who says, "Crazy Horse always led his men himself when they went into battle, and he kept well in front of them"?
4. What is Pennsylvania Dutch?
5. Who led the attack on Black Kettle's band of Cheyenne at Sand Creek in 1864?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)