|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Part 3 : Chapter 2, Custer & Crazy Horse both on the Plains.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which railroad originated in California?
(a) Union Pacific.
(b) Kansas Pacific.
(c) Central Pacific.
(d) California Pacific.
2. In 1865, the Oglala resurrected a system of government that acted as a chief's society. The seven men over forty who served were called what?
(a) Akicita society.
(c) Chief council.
(d) Big Bellies.
3. In Chapter 17, who is quoted as saying, "We were up against it from the start"?
(a) Little Hawk.
(d) Crazy Horse.
4. Who says, "Crazy Horse always led his men himself when they went into battle, and he kept well in front of them"?
(b) Eleanor Hinman.
(c) Bad Heart Bull.
(d) He Dog.
5. What became a distinguishing mark of the 3rd Cavalry Division?
(a) A red tie.
(b) Soft hat.
(c) Top boots.
(d) Five gold loops on each sleeve.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what wars are cited as wars that Custer taught about?
2. What element of the weather do the Plains and the seashore share?
3. Who kills Little Hawk?
4. What year was George Armstrong Custer born?
5. Where was Custer's new regiment, the 7th Cavalry, assigned to in 1867?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)