|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Part 3 : Chapter 2, Custer & Crazy Horse both on the Plains.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What more than tripled in Ohio from 1828 to 1850?
(b) Newspapers and periodicals.
2. Where did Red Cloud make what the author calls a "splendid" speech?
(a) State Capitol, Omaha.
(b) Cooper Union, New York.
(c) World's Fair, Chicago.
(d) Potomac River, Washington, D.C.
3. Who did Crazy Horse fall in love with around the time he turned twenty-one years old?
(a) Sitting Bull's niece.
(b) Red Shawl Woman.
(c) Daughter of Old-Man-Afraid-of-his-Horses.
(d) Black Buffalo Woman.
4. What could happen to a Union soldier who did not do his duty in combat?
(a) Sentenced to a year of hard labor.
(b) All answers are correct.
(c) Branded with the letter 'C' for coward.
5. At what ages did Custer and Crazy Horse become recognized leaders?
(a) 23 and 24.
(b) 29 and 30.
(c) 24 and 25.
(d) 22 and 23.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who led the attack on Black Kettle's band of Cheyenne at Sand Creek in 1864?
2. What animal slept with Custer at night in Chapter 11?
3. When did Custer enter West Point Military Academy?
4. In what city did Custer and his wife have their portraits painted in Chapter 14?
5. What event occurred on February 9, 1864?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)