|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Part 3 : Chapter 2, Custer & Crazy Horse both on the Plains.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the estimated number of buffalo on the Great Plains in the nineteenth century?
(a) 2.5 million.
(b) 25 million.
(c) 75 million.
2. What color were Custer's eyes?
3. At age ten, Custer went to live with his half-sister and her new husband who lived in __________.
(a) Boston, Massachusettes.
(b) Yorktown, Indiana.
(c) Columbus, Ohio.
(d) Monroe, Michigan.
4. What became a distinguishing mark of the 3rd Cavalry Division?
(a) A red tie.
(b) Five gold loops on each sleeve.
(c) Soft hat.
(d) Top boots.
5. Who was Custer to accompany on his first post-Civil War assignment?
(a) General Grant.
(b) General Sherman.
(c) General Kirby-Smith.
(d) General Sheridan.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was George Armstrong Custer born?
2. What does Custer take a resolution to not do anymore in 1869?
3. In Chapter 7, what was constricting in Custer's life?
4. What river takes the Custer party to Alexandria?
5. What position was Custer serving in when he was arrested and court-martial proceedings were started against him?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)