|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Part 3 : Chapter 2, Custer & Crazy Horse both on the Plains.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What element of the weather do the Plains and the seashore share?
(a) High wind velocity.
(b) Warm, muggy temperatures.
(c) Limited rainfall.
(d) Lack of snow.
2. The Black Hills were known to the Sioux as a holy place called ______________.
(c) Pa Sapa.
(d) Bear Butte.
3. What political party did Custer officially endorse in 1866?
(a) Republican party.
(b) Libertarian party.
(c) National Union party.
(d) Democratic party.
4. Who said to give the Indian "a love for exclusive property"?
(a) Secretary of War, Henry Knox.
(b) President Andrew Jackson.
(c) Vermont lawyer, Thomas Farnham.
(d) Founding father, Samuel Adams.
5. What was the title of Libbie's description of her and her husband's time at Fort Hays?
(a) Following the Guidon.
(b) Our Life at Fort Hays.
(c) Frontier Life for the Custers.
(d) Following the Indian Trail.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what aspect of Sioux life would Claude Levi-Strauss, a French anthropologist, have called the "science of the concrete"?
2. Who said, "General Custer is writing lasting letters on the pages of his country's history"?
3. What year was George Armstrong Custer born?
4. On the expedition against the whites on the Plains in June 1865, who led the Cheyenne?
5. Carrington read the Bible every morning in what languages?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)