|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 2 : Chapter 2, Young Warriors- Custer & Crazy Horse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the Lance Owners?
(a) Cheyenne warriors.
(b) A tribal nickname.
(c) A Sioux society.
2. In Chapter 8, where are the Shoshonis hunting before the Oglala and Cheyenne raid?
(a) Captive Butte.
(b) Bighorn River.
(c) Sweetwater River.
(d) Near Fort Laramie.
3. Who said, "General Custer is writing lasting letters on the pages of his country's history"?
(a) Secretary of War Stanton.
(b) Speaker of the House Colfax.
(c) President Lincoln.
(d) General Grant.
4. Who led the attack on Black Kettle's band of Cheyenne at Sand Creek in 1864?
(a) General Evans.
(b) Colonel Collins.
(c) Colonel Chivington.
(d) Captain Custer.
5. In 1854, who owned the trading house near Fort Laramie?
(a) Francis Parkman.
(b) Jim Bordeaux.
(c) Henry Hawk.
(d) John Grattan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who led the Bad Faces band of Oglalas in Chapter 3?
2. Why did Crazy Horse most likely not get the scalp of his first human kill?
3. Who said "fighting for fun is rare"?
4. According to the author, who has written the definitive biography of George Custer?
5. In Chapter 7, what was constricting in Custer's life?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)