|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 2 : Chapter 2, Young Warriors- Custer & Crazy Horse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, who has written the definitive biography of George Custer?
(a) Carol Gluck.
(b) George Bent.
(c) Jay Monaghan.
(d) Ken Burns.
2. What medal did Tom Custer receive for his actions at Appomattox?
(a) Congressional Medal of Honor.
(b) Exceptional Service Medal.
(c) Purple Heart.
(d) Meritorious Service Award.
3. How did Crazy Horse spend his teenage years according to Chapter 7?
(a) Seeking a vision.
(b) Becoming a warrior.
(c) Observing white soldiers.
4. According to the author in Chapter 7, what was the ultimate difference between Crazy Horse and Custer?
(a) Their mood.
(b) Hunting skills.
(c) Religious beliefs.
(d) Ability to ride a horse.
5. Who did Custer become an aide to in 1863?
(a) John Pelham.
(b) Brigadier General Alfred Pleasonton.
(c) General Joseph Hooker.
(d) President Lincoln.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position was Custer serving in when he was arrested and court-martial proceedings were started against him?
2. What political party did Custer belong to?
3. How did Custer spend his teenager years according to Chapter 7?
4. Why did Crazy Horse most likely not get the scalp of his first human kill?
5. Who led the Bad Faces band of Oglalas in Chapter 3?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)