|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 2 : Chapter 2, Young Warriors- Custer & Crazy Horse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After what skirmish did Custer call the Civil War a "Glorious War"?
(a) Rappahannock River.
2. What element of the weather do the Plains and the seashore share?
(a) Lack of snow.
(b) Warm, muggy temperatures.
(c) High wind velocity.
(d) Limited rainfall.
3. In Chapter 3, what aspect of Sioux life would Claude Levi-Strauss, a French anthropologist, have called the "science of the concrete"?
(b) Animals as teachers.
4. What became a distinguishing mark of the 3rd Cavalry Division?
(a) Five gold loops on each sleeve.
(b) A red tie.
(c) Soft hat.
(d) Top boots.
5. At what ages did Custer and Crazy Horse become recognized leaders?
(a) 23 and 24.
(b) 22 and 23.
(c) 24 and 25.
(d) 29 and 30.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year was George Armstrong Custer born?
2. Who did Crazy Horse fall in love with around the time he turned twenty-one years old?
3. Approximately how many men served under Custer at Gettysburg?
4. What could happen to a Union soldier who did not do his duty in combat?
5. On the expedition against the whites on the Plains in June 1865, who led the Cheyenne?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)