|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 2 : Chapter 2, Young Warriors- Custer & Crazy Horse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who reported buffalo "as far as the eye could reach the country seemed blackened by innumerable herds"?
(a) Francis Parkman.
(b) George Armstrong Custer.
(c) The father of Crazy Horse.
(d) Captain Benjamin Bonneville.
2. According to a letter Custer wrote to his sister, what percentage of students at West Point failed?
3. How many Native Americans made up the decoy party after camping on July 24, 1865?
4. In Chapter 10, who writes, "I captured the greatest prize of all"?
(a) Daniel Bacon.
(c) Gimlet Lea.
5. At what age did most Sioux boys participate in their first tribal hunt?
(a) Ten or eleven.
(b) Twelve or thirteen.
(c) Fourteen to fifteen.
(d) Sixteen to seventeen.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Custer enter West Point Military Academy?
2. In Chapter 7, what wars are cited as wars that Custer taught about?
3. About how much did Crazy Horse weigh at the age of 24?
4. In Chapter 3, what aspect of Sioux life would Claude Levi-Strauss, a French anthropologist, have called the "science of the concrete"?
5. Who did Custer vote for in the 1864 election for president?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)