|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 2 : Chapter 2, Young Warriors- Custer & Crazy Horse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1865, the Oglala resurrected a system of government that acted as a chief's society. The seven men over forty who served were called what?
(a) Akicita society.
(b) Chief council.
(c) Big Bellies.
2. According to Chapter 4, what was central to life for a Sioux male?
(a) Vision quest.
(c) Making the first kill.
(d) Being a warrior.
3. During the time period of this book, what trees were common along streams on the Great Plains ?
4. Who reported buffalo "as far as the eye could reach the country seemed blackened by innumerable herds"?
(a) The father of Crazy Horse.
(b) Captain Benjamin Bonneville.
(c) George Armstrong Custer.
(d) Francis Parkman.
5. Who was the half-French, half-Iowa interpreter used by the soldiers at Fort Laramie in Chapter 4?
(d) Conquering Bear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Custer's first nickname at West Point?
2. What was the most important subject at West Point when Custer attended?
3. In Chapter 11, who on Custer's household staff took care of the horses?
4. What was the estimated number of buffalo on the Great Plains in the nineteenth century?
5. In Chapter12, how many times a year might Crazy Horse go on a buffalo hunt?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)