|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 2 : Chapter 2, Young Warriors- Custer & Crazy Horse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the half-French, half-Iowa interpreter used by the soldiers at Fort Laramie in Chapter 4?
(b) Conquering Bear.
2. What fellow West Point friend did Custer congratulate on his successes in the Confederate artillery?
(a) John Pelham.
(b) Gimlet Lea.
(c) George Yates.
(d) Austin Blair.
3. What could happen to a Union soldier who did not do his duty in combat?
(a) All answers are correct.
(b) Sentenced to a year of hard labor.
(c) Branded with the letter 'C' for coward.
4. What was the last major tribe pushed onto the Plains by military defeats with other tribes?
5. What did Crazy Horse "do for a living" according to Chapter 8?
(b) Make war.
(d) Serve as a chief.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 7, what wars are cited as wars that Custer taught about?
2. What year was George Armstrong Custer born?
3. What old friend did Custer persuade General Pleasonton to give him as as aide?
4. According to Chapter 4, what was central to life for a Sioux male?
5. What element of the weather do the Plains and the seashore share?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)