|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 2 : Chapter 2, Young Warriors- Custer & Crazy Horse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote to Custer, "...I had to weep for joy that the recollection was sweet in your memory"?
(a) His first girlfriend, Mary.
(b) His mother.
(c) His wife, Libbie.
(d) His sister, Lydia.
2. In Chapter 11, who on Custer's household staff took care of the horses?
(a) Johnnie Cisco.
(b) Joseph Fought.
3. In 1854, who led four Brules in seeking revenge for Conquering Bear's death?
(a) Old Man Afraid.
(b) Brave Bear.
(c) Crazy Horse.
(d) Spotted Tail.
4. What did Crazy Horse "do for a living" according to Chapter 8?
(a) Make war.
(c) Serve as a chief.
5. In 1854, who owned the trading house near Fort Laramie?
(a) Francis Parkman.
(b) Henry Hawk.
(c) John Grattan.
(d) Jim Bordeaux.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is George Bent?
2. Who said, "General Custer is writing lasting letters on the pages of his country's history"?
3. How did Crazy Horse spend his teenage years according to Chapter 7?
4. What is Pennsylvania Dutch?
5. What book led to Custer writing an essay titled, "The Red Man" while at West Point?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)