|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 2 : Chapter 2, Young Warriors- Custer & Crazy Horse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what ages did Custer and Crazy Horse become recognized leaders?
(a) 24 and 25.
(b) 23 and 24.
(c) 22 and 23.
(d) 29 and 30.
2. When did Custer become a Major General?
(a) May, 1864.
(b) January, 1865.
(c) July, 1863.
(d) September, 1864.
3. What did Crazy Horse "do for a living" according to Chapter 8?
(a) Make war.
(b) Serve as a chief.
4. What did the Oglalas call the road that the settlers knew as "The Oregon Trail"?
(a) The White Man's Road.
(b) Laramie Trail.
(c) The Holy Road.
(d) The Solder's Trail.
5. Who is George Bent?
(a) Half Shoshoni, son of a soldier.
(b) One of the soldiers at Sand Creek.
(c) A soldier at Fort Laramie.
(d) Half Cheyenne, son of a trader.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position was Custer serving in when he was arrested and court-martial proceedings were started against him?
2. In Chapter 10, who writes, "I captured the greatest prize of all"?
3. What was the last major tribe pushed onto the Plains by military defeats with other tribes?
4. Who was so pleased with Custer's decision to attend West Point that he gave him $200 for expenses?
5. On the expedition against the whites on the Plains in June 1865, who led the Cheyenne?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)