|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 2 : Chapter 2, Young Warriors- Custer & Crazy Horse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1854, who led four Brules in seeking revenge for Conquering Bear's death?
(a) Brave Bear.
(b) Old Man Afraid.
(c) Crazy Horse.
(d) Spotted Tail.
2. What old friend did Custer persuade General Pleasonton to give him as as aide?
(a) Lieutenant Yates.
(b) Captain Holmes.
(c) Tom Custer.
(d) Sargent Sherwood.
3. When did Custer enter West Point Military Academy?
(a) July, 1857.
(b) August, 1859.
(c) June, 1860.
(d) September, 1858.
4. What nickname did Crazy Horse go by as a child?
(a) Little Warrior.
(d) Crazy Horse.
5. Who led the attack on Black Kettle's band of Cheyenne at Sand Creek in 1864?
(a) Captain Custer.
(b) Colonel Chivington.
(c) Colonel Collins.
(d) General Evans.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Crazy Horse and other warriors go to sing or boast of bravery?
2. When did Custer become a Major General?
3. Why did Crazy Horse most likely not get the scalp of his first human kill?
4. Who was the half-French, half-Iowa interpreter used by the soldiers at Fort Laramie in Chapter 4?
5. What was the most important subject at West Point when Custer attended?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)