|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 2 : Chapter 2, Young Warriors- Custer & Crazy Horse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Approximately how many men served under Custer at Gettysburg?
2. Ohio's population in the 1800s is called a young population by the author. Why?
(a) 73 percent were under thirty years of age.
(b) White Americans had just moved to Ohio.
(c) 55 percent were under twenty years of age.
(d) 62 percent were under twenty-five.
3. How did Custer spend his teenager years according to Chapter 7?
(a) Playing practical jokes.
(b) Trying to do something and be somebody.
(c) Going to school.
(d) Competing against others.
4. Who did Crazy Horse fall in love with around the time he turned twenty-one years old?
(a) Sitting Bull's niece.
(b) Black Buffalo Woman.
(c) Daughter of Old-Man-Afraid-of-his-Horses.
(d) Red Shawl Woman.
5. How many Native Americans made up the decoy party after camping on July 24, 1865?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to a letter Custer wrote to his sister, what percentage of students at West Point failed?
2. What did the Oglalas call the road that the settlers knew as "The Oregon Trail"?
3. What are the Lance Owners?
4. Who did Custer vote for in the 1864 election for president?
5. Who are the "loafers" referred to in Chapter 9?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)