|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 2 : Chapter 2, Young Warriors- Custer & Crazy Horse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What position was Custer serving in when he was arrested and court-martial proceedings were started against him?
(a) Officer of the Guard.
(b) Officer of the Day.
(c) First Cadet.
(d) Commandant of the Cadets.
2. Who says, "Crazy Horse always led his men himself when they went into battle, and he kept well in front of them"?
(a) He Dog.
(b) Bad Heart Bull.
(d) Eleanor Hinman.
3. Who reported buffalo "as far as the eye could reach the country seemed blackened by innumerable herds"?
(a) Captain Benjamin Bonneville.
(b) Francis Parkman.
(c) The father of Crazy Horse.
(d) George Armstrong Custer.
4. In 1854, who owned the trading house near Fort Laramie?
(a) John Grattan.
(b) Henry Hawk.
(c) Jim Bordeaux.
(d) Francis Parkman.
5. Ohio's population in the 1800s is called a young population by the author. Why?
(a) 73 percent were under thirty years of age.
(b) 55 percent were under twenty years of age.
(c) 62 percent were under twenty-five.
(d) White Americans had just moved to Ohio.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who led the Bad Faces band of Oglalas in Chapter 3?
2. What was the last major tribe pushed onto the Plains by military defeats with other tribes?
3. Of the 267 Union soldiers executed during the Civil War, how many were executed for desertion?
4. How did Crazy Horse spend his teenage years according to Chapter 7?
5. In Chapter12, how many times a year might Crazy Horse go on a buffalo hunt?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)