|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 2 : Chapter 2, Young Warriors- Custer & Crazy Horse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ohio's population in the 1800s is called a young population by the author. Why?
(a) White Americans had just moved to Ohio.
(b) 55 percent were under twenty years of age.
(c) 62 percent were under twenty-five.
(d) 73 percent were under thirty years of age.
2. What was the estimated number of buffalo on the Great Plains in the nineteenth century?
(b) 25 million.
(c) 2.5 million.
(d) 75 million.
3. In 1865, the Oglala resurrected a system of government that acted as a chief's society. The seven men over forty who served were called what?
(a) Big Bellies.
(b) Akicita society.
(c) Chief council.
4. Who did Crazy Horse fall in love with around the time he turned twenty-one years old?
(a) Black Buffalo Woman.
(b) Daughter of Old-Man-Afraid-of-his-Horses.
(c) Sitting Bull's niece.
(d) Red Shawl Woman.
5. What old friend did Custer persuade General Pleasonton to give him as as aide?
(a) Lieutenant Yates.
(b) Captain Holmes.
(c) Sargent Sherwood.
(d) Tom Custer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Custer's nickname as a boy?
2. Who was mortally wounded from Custer's charge against the Confederates at Yellow Tavern?
3. According to the author, who has written the definitive biography of George Custer?
4. During the time period of this book, what trees were common along streams on the Great Plains ?
5. Who was the half-French, half-Iowa interpreter used by the soldiers at Fort Laramie in Chapter 4?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)