|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 2 : Chapter 2, Young Warriors- Custer & Crazy Horse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Approximately how many men served under Custer at Gettysburg?
2. Who led the attack on Black Kettle's band of Cheyenne at Sand Creek in 1864?
(a) Colonel Collins.
(b) General Evans.
(c) Captain Custer.
(d) Colonel Chivington.
3. What element of the weather do the Plains and the seashore share?
(a) Warm, muggy temperatures.
(b) Lack of snow.
(c) High wind velocity.
(d) Limited rainfall.
4. Whose life was more controlled by time, according to Chapter 7?
(b) Both men.
(c) Crazy Horse.
(d) Neither man.
5. What was Custer's nickname as a boy?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was so pleased with Custer's decision to attend West Point that he gave him $200 for expenses?
2. What was the most important subject at West Point when Custer attended?
3. In 1854, who led four Brules in seeking revenge for Conquering Bear's death?
4. Who says, "Crazy Horse always led his men himself when they went into battle, and he kept well in front of them"?
5. What was Custer's first nickname at West Point?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)