|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 2 : Chapter 2, Young Warriors- Custer & Crazy Horse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 10, who says, "it looks like treason" about a document?
(a) Captain Custer.
(b) General McClellan.
(c) General Smith.
(d) Fernando Wood.
2. At what age did most Sioux boys participate in their first tribal hunt?
(a) Twelve or thirteen.
(b) Fourteen to fifteen.
(c) Ten or eleven.
(d) Sixteen to seventeen.
3. In 1854, who owned the trading house near Fort Laramie?
(a) John Grattan.
(b) Jim Bordeaux.
(c) Henry Hawk.
(d) Francis Parkman.
4. How many Native Americans made up the decoy party after camping on July 24, 1865?
5. How did Crazy Horse spend his teenage years according to Chapter 7?
(a) Becoming a warrior.
(b) Seeking a vision.
(d) Observing white soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal slept with Custer at night in Chapter 11?
2. How many times during their lives did Crazy Horse and Custer come in contact with each other?
3. What fellow West Point friend did Custer congratulate on his successes in the Confederate artillery?
4. Of the 267 Union soldiers executed during the Civil War, how many were executed for desertion?
5. In Chapter 8, where are the Shoshonis hunting before the Oglala and Cheyenne raid?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)