|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 2 : Chapter 2, Young Warriors- Custer & Crazy Horse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author in Chapter 7, what was the ultimate difference between Crazy Horse and Custer?
(a) Their mood.
(b) Ability to ride a horse.
(c) Hunting skills.
(d) Religious beliefs.
2. Of the 267 Union soldiers executed during the Civil War, how many were executed for desertion?
3. In 1854, who led four Brules in seeking revenge for Conquering Bear's death?
(a) Old Man Afraid.
(b) Crazy Horse.
(c) Brave Bear.
(d) Spotted Tail.
4. What element of the weather do the Plains and the seashore share?
(a) Lack of snow.
(b) Warm, muggy temperatures.
(c) High wind velocity.
(d) Limited rainfall.
5. Why did Crazy Horse most likely not get the scalp of his first human kill?
(a) He found out it was a woman.
(b) He did not have a scalping knife.
(c) He refused to scalp anyone.
(d) He was injured.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chapter 7, who of the book's subjects had seen combat by this time?
2. Who led the Bad Faces band of Oglalas in Chapter 3?
3. What medal did Tom Custer receive for his actions at Appomattox?
4. What fellow West Point friend did Custer congratulate on his successes in the Confederate artillery?
5. What position was Custer serving in when he was arrested and court-martial proceedings were started against him?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)