|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 2 : Chapter 2, Young Warriors- Custer & Crazy Horse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What political party did Custer belong to?
(d) No answers are correct.
2. What is the WPPA?
(a) West Point Protestant Academy.
(b) West Point Provincial Academy.
(c) West Point Protocol Association.
(d) West Point Protective Association.
3. Who was mortally wounded from Custer's charge against the Confederates at Yellow Tavern?
(a) Robert E. Lee.
(b) Phil Sheridan.
(c) Wesley Merritt.
(d) Jeb Stuart.
4. In 1854, who led four Brules in seeking revenge for Conquering Bear's death?
(a) Brave Bear.
(b) Spotted Tail.
(c) Crazy Horse.
(d) Old Man Afraid.
5. In Chapter 2, the author writes that Americans worked so much that work became ____________.
(a) A psychic need.
(b) A hobby.
(c) A religion.
(d) The reason for living.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age did most Sioux boys participate in their first tribal hunt?
2. After what skirmish did Custer call the Civil War a "Glorious War"?
3. What fellow West Point friend did Custer congratulate on his successes in the Confederate artillery?
4. Who did Custer meet on Thanksgiving evening in 1862?
5. During the time period of this book, what trees were common along streams on the Great Plains ?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)