|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 2 : Chapter 2, Young Warriors- Custer & Crazy Horse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color were Custer's eyes?
2. About how much did Crazy Horse weigh at the age of 24?
(a) 160 pounds.
(b) 180 pounds.
(c) 200 pounds.
(d) 140 pounds.
3. What are the Lance Owners?
(a) A tribal nickname.
(b) Cheyenne warriors.
(c) A Sioux society.
4. Who wrote to Custer, "...I had to weep for joy that the recollection was sweet in your memory"?
(a) His wife, Libbie.
(b) His first girlfriend, Mary.
(c) His sister, Lydia.
(d) His mother.
5. At age ten, Custer went to live with his half-sister and her new husband who lived in __________.
(a) Columbus, Ohio.
(b) Boston, Massachusettes.
(c) Monroe, Michigan.
(d) Yorktown, Indiana.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position was Custer serving in when he was arrested and court-martial proceedings were started against him?
2. In Chapter 2, the author writes that Americans worked so much that work became ____________.
3. On the expedition against the whites on the Plains in June 1865, who led the Cheyenne?
4. What could happen to a Union soldier who did not do his duty in combat?
5. After what skirmish did Custer call the Civil War a "Glorious War"?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)