|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 2 : Chapter 2, Young Warriors- Custer & Crazy Horse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Custer enter West Point Military Academy?
(a) September, 1858.
(b) July, 1857.
(c) June, 1860.
(d) August, 1859.
2. What became a distinguishing mark of the 3rd Cavalry Division?
(a) Top boots.
(b) Five gold loops on each sleeve.
(c) Soft hat.
(d) A red tie.
3. Approximately how many men served under Custer at Gettysburg?
4. According to a letter Custer wrote to his sister, what percentage of students at West Point failed?
5. Who led the attack on Black Kettle's band of Cheyenne at Sand Creek in 1864?
(a) Colonel Collins.
(b) General Evans.
(c) Colonel Chivington.
(d) Captain Custer.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author in Chapter 7, why is Custer's culture more productive than Crazy Horse's?
2. According to Chapter 9, what white man does Crazy Horse develop a friendship with?
3. What are the Lance Owners?
4. Who says, "Crazy Horse always led his men himself when they went into battle, and he kept well in front of them"?
5. In what year was George Armstrong Custer born?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)