|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 2 : Chapter 2, Young Warriors- Custer & Crazy Horse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Washakie?
(a) Oglala warrior.
(b) Cheyenne warrior.
(c) Headman of the Shoshoni.
(d) Headman of the Crow.
2. Who was mortally wounded from Custer's charge against the Confederates at Yellow Tavern?
(a) Robert E. Lee.
(b) Phil Sheridan.
(c) Wesley Merritt.
(d) Jeb Stuart.
3. According to the author in Chapter 7, what was the ultimate difference between Crazy Horse and Custer?
(a) Ability to ride a horse.
(b) Religious beliefs.
(c) Their mood.
(d) Hunting skills.
4. In 1854, who led four Brules in seeking revenge for Conquering Bear's death?
(a) Crazy Horse.
(b) Brave Bear.
(c) Spotted Tail.
(d) Old Man Afraid.
5. According to Chapter 9, what white man does Crazy Horse develop a friendship with?
(a) Joseph Smith.
(b) Caspar Collins.
(c) Jedidiah Smith.
(d) William O. Collins.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1865, the Oglala resurrected a system of government that acted as a chief's society. The seven men over forty who served were called what?
2. What was Custer's first nickname at West Point?
3. How did Custer spend his teenager years according to Chapter 7?
4. According to the author, who has written the definitive biography of George Custer?
5. Approximately how many men served under Custer at Gettysburg?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)