|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 2 : Chapter 2, Young Warriors- Custer & Crazy Horse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Pennsylvania Dutch?
(a) Dutch immigrants who first settled in Pennsylvania.
(b) German immigrants from the Rhineland.
(c) Dutch immigrants from Germany.
(d) Dutch immigrants from the Rhineland.
2. Who is Washakie?
(a) Cheyenne warrior.
(b) Headman of the Crow.
(c) Oglala warrior.
(d) Headman of the Shoshoni.
3. What medal did Tom Custer receive for his actions at Appomattox?
(a) Congressional Medal of Honor.
(b) Exceptional Service Medal.
(c) Purple Heart.
(d) Meritorious Service Award.
4. In Chapter 8, where are the Shoshonis hunting before the Oglala and Cheyenne raid?
(a) Near Fort Laramie.
(b) Sweetwater River.
(c) Captive Butte.
(d) Bighorn River.
5. In Chapter12, how many times a year might Crazy Horse go on a buffalo hunt?
(b) As many as possible.
(c) Two or three.
(d) Five or six.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Custer meet on Thanksgiving evening in 1862?
2. What nickname did Crazy Horse go by as a child?
3. Whose life was more controlled by time, according to Chapter 7?
4. In Chapter 10, who says, "it looks like treason" about a document?
5. In Chapter 10, who writes, "I captured the greatest prize of all"?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)