|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 2 : Chapter 2, Young Warriors- Custer & Crazy Horse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Crazy Horse most likely not get the scalp of his first human kill?
(a) He refused to scalp anyone.
(b) He found out it was a woman.
(c) He did not have a scalping knife.
(d) He was injured.
2. What is Pennsylvania Dutch?
(a) Dutch immigrants who first settled in Pennsylvania.
(b) Dutch immigrants from the Rhineland.
(c) German immigrants from the Rhineland.
(d) Dutch immigrants from Germany.
3. What element of the weather do the Plains and the seashore share?
(a) Lack of snow.
(b) High wind velocity.
(c) Warm, muggy temperatures.
(d) Limited rainfall.
4. Who says, "Crazy Horse always led his men himself when they went into battle, and he kept well in front of them"?
(b) Eleanor Hinman.
(c) He Dog.
(d) Bad Heart Bull.
5. In 1854, who led four Brules in seeking revenge for Conquering Bear's death?
(a) Brave Bear.
(b) Spotted Tail.
(c) Old Man Afraid.
(d) Crazy Horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Custer become an aide to in 1863?
2. According to Chapter 9, what white man does Crazy Horse develop a friendship with?
3. Who did Custer vote for in the 1864 election for president?
4. What was the last major tribe pushed onto the Plains by military defeats with other tribes?
5. According to the author in Chapter 7, what was the ultimate difference between Crazy Horse and Custer?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)