|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 2 : Chapter 2, Young Warriors- Custer & Crazy Horse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the Lance Owners?
(b) Cheyenne warriors.
(c) A Sioux society.
(d) A tribal nickname.
2. Who was the half-French, half-Iowa interpreter used by the soldiers at Fort Laramie in Chapter 4?
(d) Conquering Bear.
3. What book led to Custer writing an essay titled, "The Red Man" while at West Point?
(a) Swallow Barn.
(b) Last of the Mohicans.
(d) Leatherstocking Tales.
4. How old was Custer when he graduated from the Academy and started his first paying job?
5. What did the Oglalas call the road that the settlers knew as "The Oregon Trail"?
(a) Laramie Trail.
(b) The Holy Road.
(c) The White Man's Road.
(d) The Solder's Trail.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, the author writes that Americans worked so much that work became ____________.
2. In Chapter 7, what was constricting in Custer's life?
3. When did Custer become a Major General?
4. Who did Crazy Horse fall in love with around the time he turned twenty-one years old?
5. Who reported buffalo "as far as the eye could reach the country seemed blackened by innumerable herds"?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)