|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 2 : Chapter 2, Young Warriors- Custer & Crazy Horse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote to Custer, "...I had to weep for joy that the recollection was sweet in your memory"?
(a) His wife, Libbie.
(b) His sister, Lydia.
(c) His mother.
(d) His first girlfriend, Mary.
2. At what age did most Sioux boys participate in their first tribal hunt?
(a) Sixteen to seventeen.
(b) Fourteen to fifteen.
(c) Twelve or thirteen.
(d) Ten or eleven.
3. In Chapter 3, what aspect of Sioux life would Claude Levi-Strauss, a French anthropologist, have called the "science of the concrete"?
(c) Animals as teachers.
4. What more than tripled in Ohio from 1828 to 1850?
(c) Newspapers and periodicals.
5. What is the WPPA?
(a) West Point Protective Association.
(b) West Point Protestant Academy.
(c) West Point Protocol Association.
(d) West Point Provincial Academy.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, the author writes that Americans worked so much that work became ____________.
2. Between Custer and Crazy Horse, who came from a modest background, according to Chapter 12?
3. In Chapter 7, what wars are cited as wars that Custer taught about?
4. Who did Crazy Horse fall in love with around the time he turned twenty-one years old?
5. In 1865, the Oglala resurrected a system of government that acted as a chief's society. The seven men over forty who served were called what?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)