|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 2 : Chapter 2, Young Warriors- Custer & Crazy Horse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age did most Sioux boys participate in their first tribal hunt?
(a) Twelve or thirteen.
(b) Sixteen to seventeen.
(c) Fourteen to fifteen.
(d) Ten or eleven.
2. In Chapter 3, what aspect of Sioux life would Claude Levi-Strauss, a French anthropologist, have called the "science of the concrete"?
(c) Animals as teachers.
3. According to the author in Chapter 7, why is Custer's culture more productive than Crazy Horse's?
(a) More assets.
(b) Larger population.
(c) Greater technology.
(d) It is more disciplined.
4. Who was so pleased with Custer's decision to attend West Point that he gave him $200 for expenses?
(a) Congressman Bingham.
(b) His father.
(c) The farmer, Mr. Monroe.
(d) The parent of one of his students.
5. What political party did Custer belong to?
(b) No answers are correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Crazy Horse "do for a living" according to Chapter 8?
2. According to Chapter 7, who of the book's subjects had seen combat by this time?
3. Who was mortally wounded from Custer's charge against the Confederates at Yellow Tavern?
4. What was Custer's nickname as a boy?
5. Who was the half-French, half-Iowa interpreter used by the soldiers at Fort Laramie in Chapter 4?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)