|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 2 : Chapter 2, Young Warriors- Custer & Crazy Horse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the most important subject at West Point when Custer attended?
(a) Military strategy.
2. At what age did most Sioux boys participate in their first tribal hunt?
(a) Ten or eleven.
(b) Sixteen to seventeen.
(c) Twelve or thirteen.
(d) Fourteen to fifteen.
3. Who does the author credit with giving Custer his first big break in Chapter 10?
(a) General Smith.
(b) General Lee.
(c) General McClellan.
(d) General Burnside.
4. In Chapter12, how many times a year might Crazy Horse go on a buffalo hunt?
(a) Two or three.
(b) As many as possible.
(c) Five or six.
5. Why did Crazy Horse most likely not get the scalp of his first human kill?
(a) He was injured.
(b) He refused to scalp anyone.
(c) He found out it was a woman.
(d) He did not have a scalping knife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year was George Armstrong Custer born?
2. Who wrote to Custer, "...I had to weep for joy that the recollection was sweet in your memory"?
3. After what skirmish did Custer call the Civil War a "Glorious War"?
4. Who said, "General Custer is writing lasting letters on the pages of his country's history"?
5. Who said to give the Indian "a love for exclusive property"?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)