|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 2 : Chapter 2, Young Warriors- Custer & Crazy Horse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who led the attack on Black Kettle's band of Cheyenne at Sand Creek in 1864?
(a) Colonel Chivington.
(b) Captain Custer.
(c) General Evans.
(d) Colonel Collins.
2. What became a distinguishing mark of the 3rd Cavalry Division?
(a) Five gold loops on each sleeve.
(b) Soft hat.
(c) A red tie.
(d) Top boots.
3. In 1865, the Oglala resurrected a system of government that acted as a chief's society. The seven men over forty who served were called what?
(a) Akicita society.
(b) Chief council.
(c) Big Bellies.
4. Who did Crazy Horse fall in love with around the time he turned twenty-one years old?
(a) Red Shawl Woman.
(b) Sitting Bull's niece.
(c) Daughter of Old-Man-Afraid-of-his-Horses.
(d) Black Buffalo Woman.
5. How many Native Americans made up the decoy party after camping on July 24, 1865?
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1854, who led four Brules in seeking revenge for Conquering Bear's death?
2. Who is George Bent?
3. Who went along with Crazy Horse on night time raids of the settlers in Chapter 9?
4. What animal slept with Custer at night in Chapter 11?
5. What old friend did Custer persuade General Pleasonton to give him as as aide?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)