|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 2 : Chapter 2, Young Warriors- Custer & Crazy Horse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Crazy Horse fall in love with around the time he turned twenty-one years old?
(a) Daughter of Old-Man-Afraid-of-his-Horses.
(b) Black Buffalo Woman.
(c) Sitting Bull's niece.
(d) Red Shawl Woman.
2. In Chapter 7, what wars are cited as wars that Custer taught about?
(a) French and American Revolutions.
(b) French and Indian War.
(c) Mexican and Peloponnesian.
(d) All European wars.
3. In Chapter 7, what was constricting in Custer's life?
4. How did Crazy Horse spend his teenage years according to Chapter 7?
(a) Becoming a warrior.
(b) Seeking a vision.
(c) Observing white soldiers.
5. According to the author in Chapter 7, why is Custer's culture more productive than Crazy Horse's?
(a) It is more disciplined.
(b) Larger population.
(c) More assets.
(d) Greater technology.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose life was more controlled by time, according to Chapter 7?
2. What year was George Armstrong Custer born?
3. Who wrote to Custer, "...I had to weep for joy that the recollection was sweet in your memory"?
4. What is Pennsylvania Dutch?
5. What did the Oglalas call the road that the settlers knew as "The Oregon Trail"?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)