|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 2 : Chapter 2, Young Warriors- Custer & Crazy Horse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Black Hills were known to the Sioux as a holy place called ______________.
(a) Pa Sapa.
(b) Bear Butte.
2. Who did Crazy Horse fall in love with around the time he turned twenty-one years old?
(a) Sitting Bull's niece.
(b) Daughter of Old-Man-Afraid-of-his-Horses.
(c) Red Shawl Woman.
(d) Black Buffalo Woman.
3. In Chapter 10, who writes, "I captured the greatest prize of all"?
(a) Gimlet Lea.
(d) Daniel Bacon.
4. In Chapter 8, where are the Shoshonis hunting before the Oglala and Cheyenne raid?
(a) Near Fort Laramie.
(b) Bighorn River.
(c) Sweetwater River.
(d) Captive Butte.
5. What could happen to a Union soldier who did not do his duty in combat?
(a) Branded with the letter 'C' for coward.
(b) Sentenced to a year of hard labor.
(d) All answers are correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. Approximately how many men served under Custer at Gettysburg?
2. Who led the attack on Black Kettle's band of Cheyenne at Sand Creek in 1864?
3. Who said to give the Indian "a love for exclusive property"?
4. What did the Oglalas call the road that the settlers knew as "The Oregon Trail"?
5. What fellow West Point friend did Custer congratulate on his successes in the Confederate artillery?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)