|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 2 : Chapter 2, Young Warriors- Custer & Crazy Horse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the WPPA?
(a) West Point Provincial Academy.
(b) West Point Protestant Academy.
(c) West Point Protocol Association.
(d) West Point Protective Association.
2. In Chapter12, how many times a year might Crazy Horse go on a buffalo hunt?
(a) Two or three.
(b) Five or six.
(d) As many as possible.
3. Of the 267 Union soldiers executed during the Civil War, how many were executed for desertion?
4. According to the author in Chapter 7, why is Custer's culture more productive than Crazy Horse's?
(a) Larger population.
(b) More assets.
(c) It is more disciplined.
(d) Greater technology.
5. What book led to Custer writing an essay titled, "The Red Man" while at West Point?
(a) Swallow Barn.
(c) Leatherstocking Tales.
(d) Last of the Mohicans.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to a letter Custer wrote to his sister, what percentage of students at West Point failed?
2. What was Custer's nickname as a boy?
3. What is Pennsylvania Dutch?
4. In Chapter 8, where are the Shoshonis hunting before the Oglala and Cheyenne raid?
5. Who said, "General Custer is writing lasting letters on the pages of his country's history"?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)