|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 2 : Chapter 2, Young Warriors- Custer & Crazy Horse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Crazy Horse fall in love with around the time he turned twenty-one years old?
(a) Red Shawl Woman.
(b) Sitting Bull's niece.
(c) Black Buffalo Woman.
(d) Daughter of Old-Man-Afraid-of-his-Horses.
2. Who was so pleased with Custer's decision to attend West Point that he gave him $200 for expenses?
(a) His father.
(b) Congressman Bingham.
(c) The parent of one of his students.
(d) The farmer, Mr. Monroe.
3. In what year was George Armstrong Custer born?
4. In 1854, who led four Brules in seeking revenge for Conquering Bear's death?
(a) Spotted Tail.
(b) Old Man Afraid.
(c) Brave Bear.
(d) Crazy Horse.
5. Where did "Custer get a decent return on the investment of his men's lives"?
(c) Wilderness campaign.
(d) Malvern Hill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ohio's population in the 1800s is called a young population by the author. Why?
2. What did the Oglalas call the road that the settlers knew as "The Oregon Trail"?
3. How much did the leather cap that West Point cadets were required to wear weigh?
4. What was Custer's first nickname at West Point?
5. According to a letter Custer wrote to his sister, what percentage of students at West Point failed?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)