|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 2 : Chapter 2, Young Warriors- Custer & Crazy Horse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who said "fighting for fun is rare"?
(a) General Custer.
(b) General Horace Porter.
(c) Colonel Theodore Lyman.
(d) General Grant.
2. About how much did Crazy Horse weigh at the age of 24?
(a) 160 pounds.
(b) 200 pounds.
(c) 180 pounds.
(d) 140 pounds.
3. What medal did Tom Custer receive for his actions at Appomattox?
(a) Purple Heart.
(b) Congressional Medal of Honor.
(c) Exceptional Service Medal.
(d) Meritorious Service Award.
4. The Black Hills were known to the Sioux as a holy place called ______________.
(a) Bear Butte.
(d) Pa Sapa.
5. Where did Crazy Horse and other warriors go to sing or boast of bravery?
(b) Arrow Creek.
(c) Chief's lodge.
(d) The akicita lodge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the most important subject at West Point when Custer attended?
2. How many Native Americans made up the decoy party after camping on July 24, 1865?
3. Who wrote to Custer, "...I had to weep for joy that the recollection was sweet in your memory"?
4. Who went along with Crazy Horse on night time raids of the settlers in Chapter 9?
5. Ohio's population in the 1800s is called a young population by the author. Why?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)