|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 2 : Chapter 2, Young Warriors- Custer & Crazy Horse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Pennsylvania Dutch?
(a) Dutch immigrants from Germany.
(b) Dutch immigrants who first settled in Pennsylvania.
(c) German immigrants from the Rhineland.
(d) Dutch immigrants from the Rhineland.
2. Where did "Custer get a decent return on the investment of his men's lives"?
(b) Malvern Hill.
(c) Wilderness campaign.
3. How many Sioux were estimated to be at the great council at Bear Butte in Chapter 4?
(a) Less than a thousand.
(b) 1000 to 2500.
(c) 3000 to 4500.
(d) 5000 to 7500.
4. Where did Crazy Horse and other warriors go to sing or boast of bravery?
(b) Chief's lodge.
(c) The akicita lodge.
(d) Arrow Creek.
5. According to the author, who has written the definitive biography of George Custer?
(a) Ken Burns.
(b) George Bent.
(c) Carol Gluck.
(d) Jay Monaghan.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Custer become a Major General?
2. Of the 267 Union soldiers executed during the Civil War, how many were executed for desertion?
3. According to Chapter 7, who of the book's subjects had seen combat by this time?
4. In Chapter 8, where are the Shoshonis hunting before the Oglala and Cheyenne raid?
5. What more than tripled in Ohio from 1828 to 1850?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)