|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 1 : Chapter 1, War & Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Crazy Horse and other warriors go to sing or boast of bravery?
(a) Arrow Creek.
(c) Chief's lodge.
(d) The akicita lodge.
2. About how much did Crazy Horse weigh at the age of 24?
(a) 200 pounds.
(b) 140 pounds.
(c) 180 pounds.
(d) 160 pounds.
3. Who led the attack on Black Kettle's band of Cheyenne at Sand Creek in 1864?
(a) Colonel Chivington.
(b) Captain Custer.
(c) Colonel Collins.
(d) General Evans.
4. Who says, "Crazy Horse always led his men himself when they went into battle, and he kept well in front of them"?
(b) Bad Heart Bull.
(c) He Dog.
(d) Eleanor Hinman.
5. Who is Washakie?
(a) Oglala warrior.
(b) Cheyenne warrior.
(c) Headman of the Crow.
(d) Headman of the Shoshoni.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Custer enter West Point Military Academy?
2. Who did Custer meet on Thanksgiving evening in 1862?
3. What was Custer's nickname as a boy?
4. In Chapter 3, what aspect of Sioux life would Claude Levi-Strauss, a French anthropologist, have called the "science of the concrete"?
5. Who said to give the Indian "a love for exclusive property"?
This section contains 196 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)