|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 1 : Chapter 1, War & Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who went along with Crazy Horse on night time raids of the settlers in Chapter 9?
(a) He Dog.
(b) Young Man Afraid.
(d) Little Big Man.
2. What year was George Armstrong Custer born?
3. Ohio's population in the 1800s is called a young population by the author. Why?
(a) 55 percent were under twenty years of age.
(b) White Americans had just moved to Ohio.
(c) 73 percent were under thirty years of age.
(d) 62 percent were under twenty-five.
4. What is Pennsylvania Dutch?
(a) Dutch immigrants who first settled in Pennsylvania.
(b) German immigrants from the Rhineland.
(c) Dutch immigrants from Germany.
(d) Dutch immigrants from the Rhineland.
5. How did Custer spend his teenager years according to Chapter 7?
(a) Playing practical jokes.
(b) Competing against others.
(c) Trying to do something and be somebody.
(d) Going to school.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Crazy Horse most likely not get the scalp of his first human kill?
2. The Black Hills were known to the Sioux as a holy place called ______________.
3. How old was Custer when he graduated from the Academy and started his first paying job?
4. In what year was George Armstrong Custer born?
5. Who did Custer meet on Thanksgiving evening in 1862?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)