|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 1 : Chapter 1, War & Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the half-French, half-Iowa interpreter used by the soldiers at Fort Laramie in Chapter 4?
(b) Conquering Bear.
2. What book led to Custer writing an essay titled, "The Red Man" while at West Point?
(a) Last of the Mohicans.
(c) Swallow Barn.
(d) Leatherstocking Tales.
3. How many Sioux were estimated to be at the great council at Bear Butte in Chapter 4?
(a) Less than a thousand.
(b) 1000 to 2500.
(c) 3000 to 4500.
(d) 5000 to 7500.
4. What more than tripled in Ohio from 1828 to 1850?
(d) Newspapers and periodicals.
5. Who did Crazy Horse fall in love with around the time he turned twenty-one years old?
(a) Sitting Bull's niece.
(b) Daughter of Old-Man-Afraid-of-his-Horses.
(c) Red Shawl Woman.
(d) Black Buffalo Woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fellow West Point friend did Custer congratulate on his successes in the Confederate artillery?
2. Who reported buffalo "as far as the eye could reach the country seemed blackened by innumerable herds"?
3. What political party did Custer belong to?
4. Who was so pleased with Custer's decision to attend West Point that he gave him $200 for expenses?
5. In 1854, who led four Brules in seeking revenge for Conquering Bear's death?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)