|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 1 : Chapter 1, War & Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Crazy Horse "do for a living" according to Chapter 8?
(c) Serve as a chief.
(d) Make war.
2. Who was so pleased with Custer's decision to attend West Point that he gave him $200 for expenses?
(a) Congressman Bingham.
(b) The farmer, Mr. Monroe.
(c) The parent of one of his students.
(d) His father.
3. In Chapter 2, the author writes that Americans worked so much that work became ____________.
(a) A religion.
(b) The reason for living.
(c) A hobby.
(d) A psychic need.
4. In Chapter 7, what was constricting in Custer's life?
5. According to the author, who has written the definitive biography of George Custer?
(a) Ken Burns.
(b) Jay Monaghan.
(c) George Bent.
(d) Carol Gluck.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1854, who owned the trading house near Fort Laramie?
2. How did Crazy Horse spend his teenage years according to Chapter 7?
3. According to the author in Chapter 7, what was the ultimate difference between Crazy Horse and Custer?
4. Where did Crazy Horse and other warriors go to sing or boast of bravery?
5. At what ages did Custer and Crazy Horse become recognized leaders?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)