|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 1 : Chapter 1, War & Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was George Armstrong Custer born?
2. During the time period of this book, what trees were common along streams on the Great Plains ?
3. How old was Custer when he graduated from the Academy and started his first paying job?
4. According to a letter Custer wrote to his sister, what percentage of students at West Point failed?
5. According to the author, who has written the definitive biography of George Custer?
(a) Carol Gluck.
(b) Jay Monaghan.
(c) George Bent.
(d) Ken Burns.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ohio's population in the 1800s is called a young population by the author. Why?
2. What did Crazy Horse "do for a living" according to Chapter 8?
3. Where did Crazy Horse and other warriors go to sing or boast of bravery?
4. What is the WPPA?
5. In Chapter 2, the author writes that Americans worked so much that work became ____________.
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)