|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 1 : Chapter 1, War & Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event occurred on February 9, 1864?
(a) Custer married Libbie.
(b) Custer became a general.
(c) Custer's father died.
(d) Custer left for the frontier.
2. Who was so pleased with Custer's decision to attend West Point that he gave him $200 for expenses?
(a) The farmer, Mr. Monroe.
(b) Congressman Bingham.
(c) The parent of one of his students.
(d) His father.
3. What was the most important subject at West Point when Custer attended?
(c) Military strategy.
4. Who does the author credit with giving Custer his first big break in Chapter 10?
(a) General Burnside.
(b) General McClellan.
(c) General Lee.
(d) General Smith.
5. During the time period of this book, what trees were common along streams on the Great Plains ?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 2, the author writes that Americans worked so much that work became ____________.
2. At age ten, Custer went to live with his half-sister and her new husband who lived in __________.
3. Who are the "loafers" referred to in Chapter 9?
4. According to Chapter 9, what white man does Crazy Horse develop a friendship with?
5. Who went along with Crazy Horse on night time raids of the settlers in Chapter 9?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)