|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 1 : Chapter 1, War & Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote to Custer, "...I had to weep for joy that the recollection was sweet in your memory"?
(a) His mother.
(b) His sister, Lydia.
(c) His wife, Libbie.
(d) His first girlfriend, Mary.
2. What was the last major tribe pushed onto the Plains by military defeats with other tribes?
3. When did Custer enter West Point Military Academy?
(a) June, 1860.
(b) July, 1857.
(c) August, 1859.
(d) September, 1858.
4. According to Chapter 7, who of the book's subjects had seen combat by this time?
(a) Neither Crazy Horse nor Custer.
(b) Crazy Horse.
(c) Both Crazy Horse and Custer.
5. What did the Oglalas call the road that the settlers knew as "The Oregon Trail"?
(a) The Holy Road.
(b) The Solder's Trail.
(c) The White Man's Road.
(d) Laramie Trail.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Sioux were estimated to be at the great council at Bear Butte in Chapter 4?
2. What event occurred on February 9, 1864?
3. How old was Custer when he graduated from the Academy and started his first paying job?
4. In Chapter 7, what wars are cited as wars that Custer taught about?
5. Who led the attack on Black Kettle's band of Cheyenne at Sand Creek in 1864?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)