|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 1 : Chapter 1, War & Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ohio's population in the 1800s is called a young population by the author. Why?
(a) 62 percent were under twenty-five.
(b) 73 percent were under thirty years of age.
(c) White Americans had just moved to Ohio.
(d) 55 percent were under twenty years of age.
2. How many times during their lives did Crazy Horse and Custer come in contact with each other?
(b) Two times.
(c) One time.
(d) Four times.
3. What are the Lance Owners?
(a) A tribal nickname.
(b) A Sioux society.
(d) Cheyenne warriors.
4. About how much did Crazy Horse weigh at the age of 24?
(a) 140 pounds.
(b) 200 pounds.
(c) 160 pounds.
(d) 180 pounds.
5. How did Custer spend his teenager years according to Chapter 7?
(a) Going to school.
(b) Trying to do something and be somebody.
(c) Playing practical jokes.
(d) Competing against others.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1865, the Oglala resurrected a system of government that acted as a chief's society. The seven men over forty who served were called what?
2. What was the estimated number of buffalo on the Great Plains in the nineteenth century?
3. Who led the Bad Faces band of Oglalas in Chapter 3?
4. What political party did Custer belong to?
5. Why did Crazy Horse most likely not get the scalp of his first human kill?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)