|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 1 : Chapter 1, War & Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nickname did Crazy Horse go by as a child?
(b) Crazy Horse.
(d) Little Warrior.
2. In Chapter 8, where are the Shoshonis hunting before the Oglala and Cheyenne raid?
(a) Sweetwater River.
(b) Bighorn River.
(c) Captive Butte.
(d) Near Fort Laramie.
3. What position was Custer serving in when he was arrested and court-martial proceedings were started against him?
(a) Officer of the Guard.
(b) Commandant of the Cadets.
(c) First Cadet.
(d) Officer of the Day.
4. What is the WPPA?
(a) West Point Protective Association.
(b) West Point Protestant Academy.
(c) West Point Provincial Academy.
(d) West Point Protocol Association.
5. How did Crazy Horse spend his teenage years according to Chapter 7?
(a) Observing white soldiers.
(b) Becoming a warrior.
(c) Seeking a vision.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author, who has written the definitive biography of George Custer?
2. At what ages did Custer and Crazy Horse become recognized leaders?
3. In Chapter 3, what aspect of Sioux life would Claude Levi-Strauss, a French anthropologist, have called the "science of the concrete"?
4. Who was the half-French, half-Iowa interpreter used by the soldiers at Fort Laramie in Chapter 4?
5. What did the Oglalas call the road that the settlers knew as "The Oregon Trail"?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)