|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 1 : Chapter 1, War & Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, the author writes that Americans worked so much that work became ____________.
(a) The reason for living.
(b) A hobby.
(c) A religion.
(d) A psychic need.
2. In 1865, the Oglala resurrected a system of government that acted as a chief's society. The seven men over forty who served were called what?
(b) Akicita society.
(c) Big Bellies.
(d) Chief council.
3. The Black Hills were known to the Sioux as a holy place called ______________.
(c) Pa Sapa.
(d) Bear Butte.
4. What nickname did Crazy Horse go by as a child?
(a) Little Warrior.
(b) Crazy Horse.
5. What more than tripled in Ohio from 1828 to 1850?
(a) Newspapers and periodicals.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chapter 7, who of the book's subjects had seen combat by this time?
2. When did Custer enter West Point Military Academy?
3. During the time period of this book, what trees were common along streams on the Great Plains ?
4. Who said to give the Indian "a love for exclusive property"?
5. What was Custer's first nickname at West Point?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)