|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 1 : Chapter 1, War & Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age did most Sioux boys participate in their first tribal hunt?
(a) Twelve or thirteen.
(b) Fourteen to fifteen.
(c) Sixteen to seventeen.
(d) Ten or eleven.
2. Who did Crazy Horse fall in love with around the time he turned twenty-one years old?
(a) Black Buffalo Woman.
(b) Daughter of Old-Man-Afraid-of-his-Horses.
(c) Red Shawl Woman.
(d) Sitting Bull's niece.
3. In Chapter 10, who writes, "I captured the greatest prize of all"?
(a) Daniel Bacon.
(c) Gimlet Lea.
4. How many Sioux were estimated to be at the great council at Bear Butte in Chapter 4?
(a) 5000 to 7500.
(b) 1000 to 2500.
(c) Less than a thousand.
(d) 3000 to 4500.
5. What element of the weather do the Plains and the seashore share?
(a) Limited rainfall.
(b) Lack of snow.
(c) High wind velocity.
(d) Warm, muggy temperatures.
Short Answer Questions
1. What more than tripled in Ohio from 1828 to 1850?
2. Where did Crazy Horse and other warriors go to sing or boast of bravery?
3. How did Crazy Horse spend his teenage years according to Chapter 7?
4. In what year was George Armstrong Custer born?
5. What is Pennsylvania Dutch?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)