|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 1 : Chapter 1, War & Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote to Custer, "...I had to weep for joy that the recollection was sweet in your memory"?
(a) His mother.
(b) His wife, Libbie.
(c) His first girlfriend, Mary.
(d) His sister, Lydia.
2. The Black Hills were known to the Sioux as a holy place called ______________.
(a) Pa Sapa.
(d) Bear Butte.
3. What did Crazy Horse "do for a living" according to Chapter 8?
(a) Serve as a chief.
(c) Make war.
4. According to the author, who has written the definitive biography of George Custer?
(a) Ken Burns.
(b) George Bent.
(c) Jay Monaghan.
(d) Carol Gluck.
5. In Chapter 10, who writes, "I captured the greatest prize of all"?
(c) Gimlet Lea.
(d) Daniel Bacon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the last major tribe pushed onto the Plains by military defeats with other tribes?
2. What political party did Custer belong to?
3. According to the author in Chapter 7, why is Custer's culture more productive than Crazy Horse's?
4. Ohio's population in the 1800s is called a young population by the author. Why?
5. What event occurred on February 9, 1864?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)