|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 1 : Chapter 1, War & Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Custer meet on Thanksgiving evening in 1862?
(a) Elizabeth Bacon.
(b) Mary Holland.
(c) Issac Christiancy.
(d) Fanny Fifield.
2. In Chapter 7, what was constricting in Custer's life?
3. When did Custer enter West Point Military Academy?
(a) September, 1858.
(b) July, 1857.
(c) August, 1859.
(d) June, 1860.
4. Who said to give the Indian "a love for exclusive property"?
(a) President Andrew Jackson.
(b) Founding father, Samuel Adams.
(c) Secretary of War, Henry Knox.
(d) Vermont lawyer, Thomas Farnham.
5. Ohio's population in the 1800s is called a young population by the author. Why?
(a) White Americans had just moved to Ohio.
(b) 62 percent were under twenty-five.
(c) 55 percent were under twenty years of age.
(d) 73 percent were under thirty years of age.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was George Armstrong Custer born?
2. Who does the author credit with giving Custer his first big break in Chapter 10?
3. Who wrote to Custer, "...I had to weep for joy that the recollection was sweet in your memory"?
4. What nickname did Crazy Horse go by as a child?
5. In 1854, who owned the trading house near Fort Laramie?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)