|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 1 : Chapter 1, War & Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much did the leather cap that West Point cadets were required to wear weigh?
(a) Six pounds.
(b) Five pounds.
(c) One pound.
(d) Three pounds.
2. According to a letter Custer wrote to his sister, what percentage of students at West Point failed?
3. About how much did Crazy Horse weigh at the age of 24?
(a) 160 pounds.
(b) 200 pounds.
(c) 180 pounds.
(d) 140 pounds.
4. How did Crazy Horse spend his teenage years according to Chapter 7?
(a) Seeking a vision.
(b) Observing white soldiers.
(d) Becoming a warrior.
5. Who is Washakie?
(a) Headman of the Crow.
(b) Headman of the Shoshoni.
(c) Oglala warrior.
(d) Cheyenne warrior.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who went along with Crazy Horse on night time raids of the settlers in Chapter 9?
2. Who was the half-French, half-Iowa interpreter used by the soldiers at Fort Laramie in Chapter 4?
3. What fellow West Point friend did Custer congratulate on his successes in the Confederate artillery?
4. In Chapter 10, who says, "it looks like treason" about a document?
5. In Chapter 2, the author writes that Americans worked so much that work became ____________.
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)