|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 1 : Chapter 1, War & Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many Native Americans made up the decoy party after camping on July 24, 1865?
2. How did Custer spend his teenager years according to Chapter 7?
(a) Competing against others.
(b) Trying to do something and be somebody.
(c) Going to school.
(d) Playing practical jokes.
3. Who said to give the Indian "a love for exclusive property"?
(a) Secretary of War, Henry Knox.
(b) Vermont lawyer, Thomas Farnham.
(c) Founding father, Samuel Adams.
(d) President Andrew Jackson.
4. Who was so pleased with Custer's decision to attend West Point that he gave him $200 for expenses?
(a) His father.
(b) The parent of one of his students.
(c) The farmer, Mr. Monroe.
(d) Congressman Bingham.
5. At age ten, Custer went to live with his half-sister and her new husband who lived in __________.
(a) Columbus, Ohio.
(b) Boston, Massachusettes.
(c) Yorktown, Indiana.
(d) Monroe, Michigan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Crazy Horse always led his men himself when they went into battle, and he kept well in front of them"?
2. According to the author in Chapter 7, why is Custer's culture more productive than Crazy Horse's?
3. In Chapter 7, what wars are cited as wars that Custer taught about?
4. In Chapter 7, what was constricting in Custer's life?
5. What did the Oglalas call the road that the settlers knew as "The Oregon Trail"?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)