|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 1 : Chapter 1, War & Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times during their lives did Crazy Horse and Custer come in contact with each other?
(a) One time.
(b) Four times.
(c) Two times.
2. The Black Hills were known to the Sioux as a holy place called ______________.
(a) Pa Sapa.
(b) Bear Butte.
3. Who said to give the Indian "a love for exclusive property"?
(a) Founding father, Samuel Adams.
(b) Vermont lawyer, Thomas Farnham.
(c) Secretary of War, Henry Knox.
(d) President Andrew Jackson.
4. What more than tripled in Ohio from 1828 to 1850?
(c) Newspapers and periodicals.
5. Ohio's population in the 1800s is called a young population by the author. Why?
(a) 73 percent were under thirty years of age.
(b) 62 percent were under twenty-five.
(c) White Americans had just moved to Ohio.
(d) 55 percent were under twenty years of age.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Custer's first nickname at West Point?
2. In what year was George Armstrong Custer born?
3. What was Custer's nickname as a boy?
4. Who went along with Crazy Horse on night time raids of the settlers in Chapter 9?
5. How did Custer spend his teenager years according to Chapter 7?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)