|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 1 : Chapter 1, War & Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1854, who led four Brules in seeking revenge for Conquering Bear's death?
(a) Spotted Tail.
(b) Crazy Horse.
(c) Old Man Afraid.
(d) Brave Bear.
2. Who are the "loafers" referred to in Chapter 9?
(a) Peaceful Indians who lived near and depended upon the fort.
(b) The men that Chivington chose at Sand Creek.
(c) Indians who intermarried with white settlers.
(d) A group of Crow Indians.
3. What was the most important subject at West Point when Custer attended?
(d) Military strategy.
4. What did Crazy Horse "do for a living" according to Chapter 8?
(a) Make war.
(b) Serve as a chief.
5. What political party did Custer belong to?
(c) No answers are correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, who writes, "I captured the greatest prize of all"?
2. What was the last major tribe pushed onto the Plains by military defeats with other tribes?
3. Where did Crazy Horse and other warriors go to sing or boast of bravery?
4. What nickname did Crazy Horse go by as a child?
5. What more than tripled in Ohio from 1828 to 1850?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)