|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 1 : Chapter 1, War & Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chapter 9, what white man does Crazy Horse develop a friendship with?
(a) Jedidiah Smith.
(b) William O. Collins.
(c) Caspar Collins.
(d) Joseph Smith.
2. During the time period of this book, what trees were common along streams on the Great Plains ?
3. What was Custer's first nickname at West Point?
4. In Chapter 7, what wars are cited as wars that Custer taught about?
(a) All European wars.
(b) French and Indian War.
(c) French and American Revolutions.
(d) Mexican and Peloponnesian.
5. Who does the author credit with giving Custer his first big break in Chapter 10?
(a) General Smith.
(b) General Lee.
(c) General Burnside.
(d) General McClellan.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Crazy Horse and other warriors go to sing or boast of bravery?
2. How many Native Americans made up the decoy party after camping on July 24, 1865?
3. What position was Custer serving in when he was arrested and court-martial proceedings were started against him?
4. In 1854, who owned the trading house near Fort Laramie?
5. What political party did Custer belong to?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)