|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 1 : Chapter 1, War & Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Oglalas call the road that the settlers knew as "The Oregon Trail"?
(a) Laramie Trail.
(b) The Holy Road.
(c) The White Man's Road.
(d) The Solder's Trail.
2. Who led the attack on Black Kettle's band of Cheyenne at Sand Creek in 1864?
(a) General Evans.
(b) Colonel Chivington.
(c) Colonel Collins.
(d) Captain Custer.
3. At age ten, Custer went to live with his half-sister and her new husband who lived in __________.
(a) Boston, Massachusettes.
(b) Columbus, Ohio.
(c) Monroe, Michigan.
(d) Yorktown, Indiana.
4. According to Chapter 9, what white man does Crazy Horse develop a friendship with?
(a) Jedidiah Smith.
(b) Joseph Smith.
(c) William O. Collins.
(d) Caspar Collins.
5. What book led to Custer writing an essay titled, "The Red Man" while at West Point?
(a) Last of the Mohicans.
(c) Leatherstocking Tales.
(d) Swallow Barn.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chapter 7, who of the book's subjects had seen combat by this time?
2. What position was Custer serving in when he was arrested and court-martial proceedings were started against him?
3. What was Custer's nickname as a boy?
4. What is the WPPA?
5. What was the last major tribe pushed onto the Plains by military defeats with other tribes?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)