|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part 1 : Chapter 1, Chapters 5, 6 & 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Crazy Horse most likely not get the scalp of his first human kill?
(a) He found out it was a woman.
(b) He was injured.
(c) He did not have a scalping knife.
(d) He refused to scalp anyone.
2. What are the Lance Owners?
(a) A Sioux society.
(c) Cheyenne warriors.
(d) A tribal nickname.
3. In Chapter 3, what aspect of Sioux life would Claude Levi-Strauss, a French anthropologist, have called the "science of the concrete"?
(d) Animals as teachers.
4. In 1854, who owned the trading house near Fort Laramie?
(a) Jim Bordeaux.
(b) John Grattan.
(c) Henry Hawk.
(d) Francis Parkman.
5. Ohio's population in the 1800s is called a young population by the author. Why?
(a) 62 percent were under twenty-five.
(b) White Americans had just moved to Ohio.
(c) 73 percent were under thirty years of age.
(d) 55 percent were under twenty years of age.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many Sioux were estimated to be at the great council at Bear Butte in Chapter 4?
2. At what ages did Custer and Crazy Horse become recognized leaders?
3. What was Custer's nickname as a boy?
4. Who said to give the Indian "a love for exclusive property"?
5. In Chapter 7, what was constricting in Custer's life?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)