|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part 1 : Chapter 1, Chapters 5, 6 & 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year was George Armstrong Custer born?
2. What element of the weather do the Plains and the seashore share?
(a) Warm, muggy temperatures.
(b) High wind velocity.
(c) Limited rainfall.
(d) Lack of snow.
3. What nickname did Crazy Horse go by as a child?
(a) Little Warrior.
(d) Crazy Horse.
4. According to Chapter 7, who of the book's subjects had seen combat by this time?
(a) Neither Crazy Horse nor Custer.
(b) Both Crazy Horse and Custer.
(c) Crazy Horse.
5. According to Chapter 4, what was central to life for a Sioux male?
(b) Vision quest.
(c) Being a warrior.
(d) Making the first kill.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Custer spend his teenager years according to Chapter 7?
2. How much did the leather cap that West Point cadets were required to wear weigh?
3. At age ten, Custer went to live with his half-sister and her new husband who lived in __________.
4. What position was Custer serving in when he was arrested and court-martial proceedings were started against him?
5. What was the most important subject at West Point when Custer attended?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)