|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part 1 : Chapter 1, Chapters 5, 6 & 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who said to give the Indian "a love for exclusive property"?
(a) Secretary of War, Henry Knox.
(b) Vermont lawyer, Thomas Farnham.
(c) Founding father, Samuel Adams.
(d) President Andrew Jackson.
2. According to Chapter 4, what was central to life for a Sioux male?
(a) Making the first kill.
(b) Being a warrior.
(c) Vision quest.
3. What are the Lance Owners?
(a) Cheyenne warriors.
(b) A tribal nickname.
(d) A Sioux society.
4. What political party did Custer belong to?
(b) No answers are correct.
5. Who reported buffalo "as far as the eye could reach the country seemed blackened by innumerable herds"?
(a) Francis Parkman.
(b) Captain Benjamin Bonneville.
(c) The father of Crazy Horse.
(d) George Armstrong Custer.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much did the leather cap that West Point cadets were required to wear weigh?
2. Who led the Bad Faces band of Oglalas in Chapter 3?
3. What is Pennsylvania Dutch?
4. Why did Crazy Horse most likely not get the scalp of his first human kill?
5. In Chapter 7, what wars are cited as wars that Custer taught about?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)