|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part 1 : Chapter 1, Chapters 5, 6 & 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what ages did Custer and Crazy Horse become recognized leaders?
(a) 24 and 25.
(b) 29 and 30.
(c) 23 and 24.
(d) 22 and 23.
2. What position was Custer serving in when he was arrested and court-martial proceedings were started against him?
(a) Commandant of the Cadets.
(b) First Cadet.
(c) Officer of the Day.
(d) Officer of the Guard.
3. What are the Lance Owners?
(a) Cheyenne warriors.
(b) A Sioux society.
(d) A tribal nickname.
4. How did Crazy Horse spend his teenage years according to Chapter 7?
(a) Observing white soldiers.
(c) Becoming a warrior.
(d) Seeking a vision.
5. When did Custer enter West Point Military Academy?
(a) June, 1860.
(b) August, 1859.
(c) July, 1857.
(d) September, 1858.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Crazy Horse most likely not get the scalp of his first human kill?
2. At what age did most Sioux boys participate in their first tribal hunt?
3. How did Custer spend his teenager years according to Chapter 7?
4. According to the author in Chapter 7, why is Custer's culture more productive than Crazy Horse's?
5. Who wrote to Custer, "...I had to weep for joy that the recollection was sweet in your memory"?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)