|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part 1 : Chapter 1, Chapters 5, 6 & 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What more than tripled in Ohio from 1828 to 1850?
(d) Newspapers and periodicals.
2. What are the Lance Owners?
(a) A Sioux society.
(b) A tribal nickname.
(d) Cheyenne warriors.
3. What was the estimated number of buffalo on the Great Plains in the nineteenth century?
(a) 25 million.
(c) 2.5 million.
(d) 75 million.
4. What political party did Custer belong to?
(c) No answers are correct.
5. What year was George Armstrong Custer born?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chapter 7, who of the book's subjects had seen combat by this time?
2. In Chapter 3, what aspect of Sioux life would Claude Levi-Strauss, a French anthropologist, have called the "science of the concrete"?
3. What is Pennsylvania Dutch?
4. During the time period of this book, what trees were common along streams on the Great Plains ?
5. How many times during their lives did Crazy Horse and Custer come in contact with each other?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)