|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part 1 : Chapter 1, Chapters 5, 6 & 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chapter 7, who of the book's subjects had seen combat by this time?
(a) Neither Crazy Horse nor Custer.
(c) Both Crazy Horse and Custer.
(d) Crazy Horse.
2. How did Custer spend his teenager years according to Chapter 7?
(a) Going to school.
(b) Playing practical jokes.
(c) Competing against others.
(d) Trying to do something and be somebody.
3. In 1854, who owned the trading house near Fort Laramie?
(a) John Grattan.
(b) Francis Parkman.
(c) Henry Hawk.
(d) Jim Bordeaux.
4. When did Custer enter West Point Military Academy?
(a) July, 1857.
(b) August, 1859.
(c) June, 1860.
(d) September, 1858.
5. How old was Custer when he graduated from the Academy and started his first paying job?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Crazy Horse most likely not get the scalp of his first human kill?
2. In Chapter 7, what was constricting in Custer's life?
3. In Chapter 7, what wars are cited as wars that Custer taught about?
4. At what age did most Sioux boys participate in their first tribal hunt?
5. What nickname did Crazy Horse go by as a child?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)