|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part 1 : Chapter 1, Chapters 5, 6 & 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At age ten, Custer went to live with his half-sister and her new husband who lived in __________.
(a) Monroe, Michigan.
(b) Columbus, Ohio.
(c) Yorktown, Indiana.
(d) Boston, Massachusettes.
2. In Chapter 7, what wars are cited as wars that Custer taught about?
(a) French and American Revolutions.
(b) All European wars.
(c) Mexican and Peloponnesian.
(d) French and Indian War.
3. In Chapter 3, what aspect of Sioux life would Claude Levi-Strauss, a French anthropologist, have called the "science of the concrete"?
(c) Animals as teachers.
4. At what ages did Custer and Crazy Horse become recognized leaders?
(a) 22 and 23.
(b) 24 and 25.
(c) 23 and 24.
(d) 29 and 30.
5. How much did the leather cap that West Point cadets were required to wear weigh?
(a) Three pounds.
(b) One pound.
(c) Five pounds.
(d) Six pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Custer when he graduated from the Academy and started his first paying job?
2. In Chapter 2, the author writes that Americans worked so much that work became ____________.
3. What is Pennsylvania Dutch?
4. What nickname did Crazy Horse go by as a child?
5. Why did Crazy Horse most likely not get the scalp of his first human kill?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)