|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part 1 : Chapter 1, Chapters 5, 6 & 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author in Chapter 7, why is Custer's culture more productive than Crazy Horse's?
(a) Larger population.
(b) Greater technology.
(c) It is more disciplined.
(d) More assets.
2. What was the last major tribe pushed onto the Plains by military defeats with other tribes?
3. Who wrote to Custer, "...I had to weep for joy that the recollection was sweet in your memory"?
(a) His first girlfriend, Mary.
(b) His sister, Lydia.
(c) His wife, Libbie.
(d) His mother.
4. At age ten, Custer went to live with his half-sister and her new husband who lived in __________.
(a) Yorktown, Indiana.
(b) Monroe, Michigan.
(c) Boston, Massachusettes.
(d) Columbus, Ohio.
5. Who was the half-French, half-Iowa interpreter used by the soldiers at Fort Laramie in Chapter 4?
(b) Conquering Bear.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was so pleased with Custer's decision to attend West Point that he gave him $200 for expenses?
2. At what ages did Custer and Crazy Horse become recognized leaders?
3. In Chapter 7, what wars are cited as wars that Custer taught about?
4. How did Crazy Horse spend his teenage years according to Chapter 7?
5. During the time period of this book, what trees were common along streams on the Great Plains ?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)