|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part 1 : Chapter 1, Chapters 5, 6 & 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose life was more controlled by time, according to Chapter 7?
(a) Crazy Horse.
(b) Neither man.
(c) Both men.
2. In what year was George Armstrong Custer born?
3. According to the author in Chapter 7, what was the ultimate difference between Crazy Horse and Custer?
(a) Their mood.
(b) Ability to ride a horse.
(c) Hunting skills.
(d) Religious beliefs.
4. At age ten, Custer went to live with his half-sister and her new husband who lived in __________.
(a) Columbus, Ohio.
(b) Monroe, Michigan.
(c) Yorktown, Indiana.
(d) Boston, Massachusettes.
5. In 1854, who owned the trading house near Fort Laramie?
(a) Henry Hawk.
(b) Francis Parkman.
(c) Jim Bordeaux.
(d) John Grattan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Custer's first nickname at West Point?
2. What element of the weather do the Plains and the seashore share?
3. Who wrote to Custer, "...I had to weep for joy that the recollection was sweet in your memory"?
4. In 1854, who led four Brules in seeking revenge for Conquering Bear's death?
5. According to Chapter 4, what was central to life for a Sioux male?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)