|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part 1 : Chapter 1, Chapters 5, 6 & 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many times during their lives did Crazy Horse and Custer come in contact with each other?
(a) Two times.
(b) One time.
(c) Four times.
2. What was Custer's nickname as a boy?
3. According to Chapter 7, who of the book's subjects had seen combat by this time?
(a) Neither Crazy Horse nor Custer.
(b) Crazy Horse.
(c) Both Crazy Horse and Custer.
4. Who was the half-French, half-Iowa interpreter used by the soldiers at Fort Laramie in Chapter 4?
(b) Conquering Bear.
5. Ohio's population in the 1800s is called a young population by the author. Why?
(a) 73 percent were under thirty years of age.
(b) 62 percent were under twenty-five.
(c) 55 percent were under twenty years of age.
(d) White Americans had just moved to Ohio.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1854, who owned the trading house near Fort Laramie?
2. According to a letter Custer wrote to his sister, what percentage of students at West Point failed?
3. What book led to Custer writing an essay titled, "The Red Man" while at West Point?
4. How old was Custer when he graduated from the Academy and started his first paying job?
5. During the time period of this book, what trees were common along streams on the Great Plains ?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)