|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part 1 : Chapter 1, Chapters 5, 6 & 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1854, who owned the trading house near Fort Laramie?
(a) Jim Bordeaux.
(b) John Grattan.
(c) Francis Parkman.
(d) Henry Hawk.
2. Ohio's population in the 1800s is called a young population by the author. Why?
(a) 55 percent were under twenty years of age.
(b) White Americans had just moved to Ohio.
(c) 62 percent were under twenty-five.
(d) 73 percent were under thirty years of age.
3. At what ages did Custer and Crazy Horse become recognized leaders?
(a) 23 and 24.
(b) 29 and 30.
(c) 24 and 25.
(d) 22 and 23.
4. Who led the Bad Faces band of Oglalas in Chapter 3?
(a) Crazy Horse, the father.
(b) Bad Bear.
(c) Old Smoke.
(d) Red Cloud.
5. What position was Custer serving in when he was arrested and court-martial proceedings were started against him?
(a) Officer of the Guard.
(b) First Cadet.
(c) Commandant of the Cadets.
(d) Officer of the Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote to Custer, "...I had to weep for joy that the recollection was sweet in your memory"?
2. At what age did most Sioux boys participate in their first tribal hunt?
3. What was the last major tribe pushed onto the Plains by military defeats with other tribes?
4. According to Chapter 7, who of the book's subjects had seen combat by this time?
5. Why did Crazy Horse most likely not get the scalp of his first human kill?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)