|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part 1 : Chapter 1, Chapters 5, 6 & 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the estimated number of buffalo on the Great Plains in the nineteenth century?
(a) 75 million.
(b) 2.5 million.
(d) 25 million.
2. Whose life was more controlled by time, according to Chapter 7?
(a) Crazy Horse.
(c) Neither man.
(d) Both men.
3. What element of the weather do the Plains and the seashore share?
(a) Lack of snow.
(b) High wind velocity.
(c) Warm, muggy temperatures.
(d) Limited rainfall.
4. What was the most important subject at West Point when Custer attended?
(c) Military strategy.
5. According to the author in Chapter 7, why is Custer's culture more productive than Crazy Horse's?
(a) More assets.
(b) Larger population.
(c) Greater technology.
(d) It is more disciplined.
Short Answer Questions
1. At age ten, Custer went to live with his half-sister and her new husband who lived in __________.
2. What more than tripled in Ohio from 1828 to 1850?
3. According to a letter Custer wrote to his sister, what percentage of students at West Point failed?
4. What year was George Armstrong Custer born?
5. The Black Hills were known to the Sioux as a holy place called ______________.
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)