|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part 1 : Chapter 1, Chapters 5, 6 & 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who reported buffalo "as far as the eye could reach the country seemed blackened by innumerable herds"?
(a) Captain Benjamin Bonneville.
(b) Francis Parkman.
(c) George Armstrong Custer.
(d) The father of Crazy Horse.
2. What nickname did Crazy Horse go by as a child?
(b) Crazy Horse.
(d) Little Warrior.
3. What was Custer's first nickname at West Point?
4. What was the most important subject at West Point when Custer attended?
(c) Military strategy.
5. What book led to Custer writing an essay titled, "The Red Man" while at West Point?
(a) Swallow Barn.
(b) Last of the Mohicans.
(d) Leatherstocking Tales.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Custer spend his teenager years according to Chapter 7?
2. At what ages did Custer and Crazy Horse become recognized leaders?
3. What was Custer's nickname as a boy?
4. At what age did most Sioux boys participate in their first tribal hunt?
5. In 1854, who owned the trading house near Fort Laramie?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)