|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part 1 : Chapter 1, Chapters 5, 6 & 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose life was more controlled by time, according to Chapter 7?
(a) Crazy Horse.
(b) Both men.
(d) Neither man.
2. Who led the Bad Faces band of Oglalas in Chapter 3?
(a) Red Cloud.
(b) Crazy Horse, the father.
(c) Old Smoke.
(d) Bad Bear.
3. In 1854, who led four Brules in seeking revenge for Conquering Bear's death?
(a) Spotted Tail.
(b) Brave Bear.
(c) Old Man Afraid.
(d) Crazy Horse.
4. In Chapter 2, the author writes that Americans worked so much that work became ____________.
(a) The reason for living.
(b) A psychic need.
(c) A religion.
(d) A hobby.
5. When did Custer enter West Point Military Academy?
(a) August, 1859.
(b) July, 1857.
(c) June, 1860.
(d) September, 1858.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Custer's first nickname at West Point?
2. How many Sioux were estimated to be at the great council at Bear Butte in Chapter 4?
3. What book led to Custer writing an essay titled, "The Red Man" while at West Point?
4. In Chapter 3, what aspect of Sioux life would Claude Levi-Strauss, a French anthropologist, have called the "science of the concrete"?
5. Who said to give the Indian "a love for exclusive property"?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)