|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part 1 : Chapter 1, Chapters 5, 6 & 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author in Chapter 7, why is Custer's culture more productive than Crazy Horse's?
(a) It is more disciplined.
(b) Larger population.
(c) More assets.
(d) Greater technology.
2. At age ten, Custer went to live with his half-sister and her new husband who lived in __________.
(a) Yorktown, Indiana.
(b) Boston, Massachusettes.
(c) Monroe, Michigan.
(d) Columbus, Ohio.
3. What was Custer's first nickname at West Point?
4. In 1854, who owned the trading house near Fort Laramie?
(a) Francis Parkman.
(b) John Grattan.
(c) Henry Hawk.
(d) Jim Bordeaux.
5. In what year was George Armstrong Custer born?
Short Answer Questions
1. The Black Hills were known to the Sioux as a holy place called ______________.
2. According to Chapter 7, who of the book's subjects had seen combat by this time?
3. What book led to Custer writing an essay titled, "The Red Man" while at West Point?
4. What position was Custer serving in when he was arrested and court-martial proceedings were started against him?
5. When did Custer enter West Point Military Academy?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)