|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part 1 : Chapter 1, Chapters 5, 6 & 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the half-French, half-Iowa interpreter used by the soldiers at Fort Laramie in Chapter 4?
(c) Conquering Bear.
2. Who said to give the Indian "a love for exclusive property"?
(a) Secretary of War, Henry Knox.
(b) Vermont lawyer, Thomas Farnham.
(c) Founding father, Samuel Adams.
(d) President Andrew Jackson.
3. In what year was George Armstrong Custer born?
4. What position was Custer serving in when he was arrested and court-martial proceedings were started against him?
(a) First Cadet.
(b) Officer of the Guard.
(c) Officer of the Day.
(d) Commandant of the Cadets.
5. Who was so pleased with Custer's decision to attend West Point that he gave him $200 for expenses?
(a) The farmer, Mr. Monroe.
(b) The parent of one of his students.
(c) His father.
(d) Congressman Bingham.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Custer's first nickname at West Point?
2. How much did the leather cap that West Point cadets were required to wear weigh?
3. What are the Lance Owners?
4. What was the estimated number of buffalo on the Great Plains in the nineteenth century?
5. According to the author in Chapter 7, why is Custer's culture more productive than Crazy Horse's?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)