|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part 1 : Chapter 1, Chapters 5, 6 & 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who led the Bad Faces band of Oglalas in Chapter 3?
(a) Crazy Horse, the father.
(b) Red Cloud.
(c) Bad Bear.
(d) Old Smoke.
2. Whose life was more controlled by time, according to Chapter 7?
(a) Both men.
(b) Neither man.
(d) Crazy Horse.
3. Who was the half-French, half-Iowa interpreter used by the soldiers at Fort Laramie in Chapter 4?
(a) Conquering Bear.
4. What position was Custer serving in when he was arrested and court-martial proceedings were started against him?
(a) First Cadet.
(b) Officer of the Guard.
(c) Commandant of the Cadets.
(d) Officer of the Day.
5. During the time period of this book, what trees were common along streams on the Great Plains ?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the Lance Owners?
2. What nickname did Crazy Horse go by as a child?
3. The Black Hills were known to the Sioux as a holy place called ______________.
4. How old was Custer when he graduated from the Academy and started his first paying job?
5. In 1854, who led four Brules in seeking revenge for Conquering Bear's death?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)