|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part 1 : Chapter 1, Chapters 5, 6 & 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What more than tripled in Ohio from 1828 to 1850?
(a) Newspapers and periodicals.
2. How many times during their lives did Crazy Horse and Custer come in contact with each other?
(b) Two times.
(c) Four times.
(d) One time.
3. Who led the Bad Faces band of Oglalas in Chapter 3?
(a) Crazy Horse, the father.
(b) Red Cloud.
(c) Old Smoke.
(d) Bad Bear.
4. What was the estimated number of buffalo on the Great Plains in the nineteenth century?
(b) 75 million.
(c) 2.5 million.
(d) 25 million.
5. What year was George Armstrong Custer born?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what aspect of Sioux life would Claude Levi-Strauss, a French anthropologist, have called the "science of the concrete"?
2. In Chapter 7, what was constricting in Custer's life?
3. What element of the weather do the Plains and the seashore share?
4. How did Custer spend his teenager years according to Chapter 7?
5. In Chapter 2, the author writes that Americans worked so much that work became ____________.
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)