|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Part 1 : Chapter 1, Chapters 5, 6 & 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1854, who owned the trading house near Fort Laramie?
(a) Jim Bordeaux.
(b) Francis Parkman.
(c) Henry Hawk.
(d) John Grattan.
2. During the time period of this book, what trees were common along streams on the Great Plains ?
3. According to a letter Custer wrote to his sister, what percentage of students at West Point failed?
4. In 1854, who led four Brules in seeking revenge for Conquering Bear's death?
(a) Spotted Tail.
(b) Crazy Horse.
(c) Old Man Afraid.
(d) Brave Bear.
5. At age ten, Custer went to live with his half-sister and her new husband who lived in __________.
(a) Yorktown, Indiana.
(b) Columbus, Ohio.
(c) Boston, Massachusettes.
(d) Monroe, Michigan.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Custer when he graduated from the Academy and started his first paying job?
2. What was the estimated number of buffalo on the Great Plains in the nineteenth century?
3. Who said to give the Indian "a love for exclusive property"?
4. How did Crazy Horse spend his teenage years according to Chapter 7?
5. What book led to Custer writing an essay titled, "The Red Man" while at West Point?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)