Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 2 : Chapter 2, Young Warriors- Custer & Crazy Horse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chapter 7, who of the book's subjects had seen combat by this time?
(a) Crazy Horse.
(c) Neither Crazy Horse nor Custer.
(d) Both Crazy Horse and Custer.
2. Ohio's population in the 1800s is called a young population by the author. Why?
(a) White Americans had just moved to Ohio.
(b) 73 percent were under thirty years of age.
(c) 55 percent were under twenty years of age.
(d) 62 percent were under twenty-five.
3. The Black Hills were known to the Sioux as a holy place called ______________.
(a) Pa Sapa.
(b) Bear Butte.
4. What year was George Armstrong Custer born?
5. Who did Custer vote for in the 1864 election for president?
(d) It's unknown.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Crazy Horse "do for a living" according to Chapter 8?
2. Who says, "Crazy Horse always led his men himself when they went into battle, and he kept well in front of them"?
3. Between Custer and Crazy Horse, who came from a modest background, according to Chapter 12?
4. At what ages did Custer and Crazy Horse become recognized leaders?
5. Where did Crazy Horse and other warriors go to sing or boast of bravery?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)