|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book4, Part 4 : Chapter 2, Chapters 21 & 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. One of the boys who listened to Crazy Horse tell stories became a famous holy man. Who was it?
(b) Fool Crow.
(c) Black Kettle.
(d) Black Elk.
2. Who was Custer to accompany on his first post-Civil War assignment?
(a) General Sherman.
(b) General Sheridan.
(c) General Grant.
(d) General Kirby-Smith.
3. Who is Mark Kellogg?
(a) Custer's second in command.
(b) Custer's nephew.
(c) Custer's brother-in-law.
(d) News correspondent.
4. How much would the extra cavalry offered by Terry have increased Custer's fighting strength?
(a) Twenty percent.
(b) Fifty percent.
(c) Forty percent.
(d) Thirty percent.
5. What was the most important subject at West Point when Custer attended?
(c) Military strategy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the estimated number of buffalo on the Great Plains in the nineteenth century?
2. Who killed Captain Fetterman?
3. What position was Custer serving in when he was arrested and court-martial proceedings were started against him?
4. According to Chapter 13, what was the first financial offer that the government made to Plains tribes?
5. When E.B. Taylor met with Red Cloud, what did he raise the annual annuities to?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)