|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book4, Part 4 : Chapter 2, Chapters 21 & 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author, who has written the definitive biography of George Custer?
(a) George Bent.
(b) Carol Gluck.
(c) Ken Burns.
(d) Jay Monaghan.
2. During the time period of this book, what trees were common along streams on the Great Plains ?
3. Where did Red Cloud make what the author calls a "splendid" speech?
(a) State Capitol, Omaha.
(b) Potomac River, Washington, D.C.
(c) World's Fair, Chicago.
(d) Cooper Union, New York.
4. What could happen to a Union soldier who did not do his duty in combat?
(a) Sentenced to a year of hard labor.
(c) Branded with the letter 'C' for coward.
(d) All answers are correct.
5. Approximately how many men served under Custer at Gettysburg?
Short Answer Questions
1. On the expedition against the whites on the Plains in June 1865, who led the Cheyenne?
2. According to Chapter 9, what white man does Crazy Horse develop a friendship with?
3. How old was Custer when he graduated from the Academy and started his first paying job?
4. Who was the Cheyenne leader at Little Bighorn?
5. What did Medicine Arrow do to give Custer bad luck?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)