|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book4, Part 4 : Chapter 2, Chapters 21 & 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the most important subject at West Point when Custer attended?
(d) Military strategy.
2. Where did Crazy Horse and other warriors go to sing or boast of bravery?
(a) Chief's lodge.
(b) Arrow Creek.
(c) The akicita lodge.
3. What was the title of Libbie's description of her and her husband's time at Fort Hays?
(a) Frontier Life for the Custers.
(b) Our Life at Fort Hays.
(c) Following the Indian Trail.
(d) Following the Guidon.
4. What did Custer name as one of the chief pleasures he and Libbie enjoyed on the Plains?
(a) New commands.
(b) Visiting new places.
(c) Horseback riding.
(d) Camping under the stars.
5. Why says in Chapter 18, "There are not many joyous people here"?
(a) Lieutenant Stanley.
(b) Libbie Custer.
(c) Tom Custer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname did Crazy Horse go by as a child?
2. What did the Oglalas call the road that the settlers knew as "The Oregon Trail"?
3. Who was placed in charge of the Department of the Mississippi?
4. During the time period of this book, what trees were common along streams on the Great Plains ?
5. What position was Custer serving in when he was arrested and court-martial proceedings were started against him?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)