|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book4, Part 4 : Chapter 2, Chapters 21 & 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When E.B. Taylor met with Red Cloud, what did he raise the annual annuities to?
2. What did Medicine Arrow do to give Custer bad luck?
(a) Spit on Custer's boots.
(b) Poured ashes from a pipe onto Custer's boots.
(c) Refused to smoke a pipe with him.
(d) Rode in a circle counterclockwise.
3. Who reported buffalo "as far as the eye could reach the country seemed blackened by innumerable herds"?
(a) George Armstrong Custer.
(b) Francis Parkman.
(c) Captain Benjamin Bonneville.
(d) The father of Crazy Horse.
4. In Chapter 2, the author writes that Americans worked so much that work became ____________.
(a) The reason for living.
(b) A hobby.
(c) A religion.
(d) A psychic need.
5. In 1868, approximately how many troops were stationed on the frontier?
Short Answer Questions
1. At what ages did Custer and Crazy Horse become recognized leaders?
2. In Chapter 7, what wars are cited as wars that Custer taught about?
3. What political party did Custer officially endorse in 1866?
4. Custer wrote to Libbie that the "Indians have a new name for me." What was it?
5. Who is Washakie?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)