|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book4, Part 4 : Chapter 2, Chapters 21 & 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was mortally wounded from Custer's charge against the Confederates at Yellow Tavern?
(a) Jeb Stuart.
(b) Robert E. Lee.
(c) Wesley Merritt.
(d) Phil Sheridan.
2. What Oglala enters Custer's camp soon after Custer arrives in Nebraska?
(a) Pawnee Killer.
(b) Red Cloud.
(c) Spotted Tail.
(d) Young Man Afraid.
3. Who said to give the Indian "a love for exclusive property"?
(a) Founding father, Samuel Adams.
(b) Vermont lawyer, Thomas Farnham.
(c) President Andrew Jackson.
(d) Secretary of War, Henry Knox.
4. When did Custer leave for Fort McPherson?
(a) July, 1869.
(b) August, 1868.
(c) June, 1867.
(d) May, 1866.
5. Where did "Custer get a decent return on the investment of his men's lives"?
(c) Wilderness campaign.
(d) Malvern Hill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Cheyenne call the battle at Rosebud?
2. What was the estimated number of buffalo on the Great Plains in the nineteenth century?
3. What did Crazy Horse "do for a living" according to Chapter 8?
4. Who operated as the rear guard in the fight against the Shoshoni in Chapter 17?
5. What did Custer name as one of the chief pleasures he and Libbie enjoyed on the Plains?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)