|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book4, Part 4 : Chapter 2, Chapters 21 & 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Custer spend his teenager years according to Chapter 7?
(a) Going to school.
(b) Trying to do something and be somebody.
(c) Competing against others.
(d) Playing practical jokes.
2. How many troops did Custer have at Little Bighorn?
3. According to Chapter 4, what was central to life for a Sioux male?
(b) Making the first kill.
(c) Being a warrior.
(d) Vision quest.
4. According to Chapter 7, who of the book's subjects had seen combat by this time?
(a) Crazy Horse.
(b) Neither Crazy Horse nor Custer.
(d) Both Crazy Horse and Custer.
5. According to the author, who has written the definitive biography of George Custer?
(a) Jay Monaghan.
(b) Ken Burns.
(c) Carol Gluck.
(d) George Bent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the phrase, "to touch the pen" mean?
2. What did Crazy Horse "do for a living" according to Chapter 8?
3. How much would the extra cavalry offered by Terry have increased Custer's fighting strength?
4. One of the boys who listened to Crazy Horse tell stories became a famous holy man. Who was it?
5. Who said "fighting for fun is rare"?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)