|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book4, Part 4 : Chapter 2, Chapters 21 & 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Between Custer and Crazy Horse, who came from a modest background, according to Chapter 12?
(a) Crazy Horse.
(b) Both men.
(d) Neither man.
2. Who has Custer arrested on the Yellowstone campaign?
(c) Lieutenant Stanley.
3. What does the phrase, "to touch the pen" mean?
(a) A chief touched a pen that was then used by a white man to write the chief's name.
(b) To sign a treaty.
(c) Lets the white government know that a tribe is interested in making a treaty.
(d) To agree to negotiate a treaty.
4. At what age did most Sioux boys participate in their first tribal hunt?
(a) Sixteen to seventeen.
(b) Twelve or thirteen.
(c) Fourteen to fifteen.
(d) Ten or eleven.
5. What was Carrington's Achilles' heel?
(a) Need for water.
(c) Need for wood.
(d) Poor commanding officers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nickname did Crazy Horse go by as a child?
2. What fellow West Point friend did Custer congratulate on his successes in the Confederate artillery?
3. What does Custer take a resolution to not do anymore in 1869?
4. What position is Custer offered in Chapter 14 that pays $10,000 a year?
5. What book is Custer reading in Chapter 19?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)