|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 1 : Chapter 1, War & Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who said to give the Indian "a love for exclusive property"?
(a) Secretary of War, Henry Knox.
(b) President Andrew Jackson.
(c) Vermont lawyer, Thomas Farnham.
(d) Founding father, Samuel Adams.
2. Who are the "loafers" referred to in Chapter 9?
(a) Indians who intermarried with white settlers.
(b) A group of Crow Indians.
(c) Peaceful Indians who lived near and depended upon the fort.
(d) The men that Chivington chose at Sand Creek.
3. Where did Crazy Horse and other warriors go to sing or boast of bravery?
(a) Chief's lodge.
(b) The akicita lodge.
(c) Arrow Creek.
4. How much did the leather cap that West Point cadets were required to wear weigh?
(a) One pound.
(b) Three pounds.
(c) Six pounds.
(d) Five pounds.
5. In 1865, the Oglala resurrected a system of government that acted as a chief's society. The seven men over forty who served were called what?
(a) Akicita society.
(c) Chief council.
(d) Big Bellies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Crazy Horse "do for a living" according to Chapter 8?
2. What was the last major tribe pushed onto the Plains by military defeats with other tribes?
3. According to the author, who has written the definitive biography of George Custer?
4. How many Sioux were estimated to be at the great council at Bear Butte in Chapter 4?
5. Who did Crazy Horse fall in love with around the time he turned twenty-one years old?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)