|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 1 : Chapter 1, War & Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the half-French, half-Iowa interpreter used by the soldiers at Fort Laramie in Chapter 4?
(a) Conquering Bear.
2. How did Crazy Horse spend his teenage years according to Chapter 7?
(a) Observing white soldiers.
(c) Becoming a warrior.
(d) Seeking a vision.
3. What book led to Custer writing an essay titled, "The Red Man" while at West Point?
(a) Swallow Barn.
(c) Last of the Mohicans.
(d) Leatherstocking Tales.
4. Who did Crazy Horse fall in love with around the time he turned twenty-one years old?
(a) Sitting Bull's niece.
(b) Red Shawl Woman.
(c) Black Buffalo Woman.
(d) Daughter of Old-Man-Afraid-of-his-Horses.
5. What was the most important subject at West Point when Custer attended?
(b) Military strategy.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Black Hills were known to the Sioux as a holy place called ______________.
2. What event occurred on February 9, 1864?
3. Where did Crazy Horse and other warriors go to sing or boast of bravery?
4. Who led the Bad Faces band of Oglalas in Chapter 3?
5. Who said to give the Indian "a love for exclusive property"?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)