|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 1 : Chapter 1, War & Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many Sioux were estimated to be at the great council at Bear Butte in Chapter 4?
(a) 1000 to 2500.
(b) 5000 to 7500.
(c) Less than a thousand.
(d) 3000 to 4500.
2. How much did the leather cap that West Point cadets were required to wear weigh?
(a) Five pounds.
(b) Six pounds.
(c) Three pounds.
(d) One pound.
3. In Chapter 8, where are the Shoshonis hunting before the Oglala and Cheyenne raid?
(a) Near Fort Laramie.
(b) Bighorn River.
(c) Sweetwater River.
(d) Captive Butte.
4. Who went along with Crazy Horse on night time raids of the settlers in Chapter 9?
(a) He Dog.
(b) Young Man Afraid.
(c) Little Big Man.
5. According to the author in Chapter 7, why is Custer's culture more productive than Crazy Horse's?
(a) More assets.
(b) Greater technology.
(c) It is more disciplined.
(d) Larger population.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Crazy Horse most likely not get the scalp of his first human kill?
2. What event occurred on February 9, 1864?
3. Who was so pleased with Custer's decision to attend West Point that he gave him $200 for expenses?
4. What are the Lance Owners?
5. How did Custer spend his teenager years according to Chapter 7?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)