|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 1 : Chapter 1, War & Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the half-French, half-Iowa interpreter used by the soldiers at Fort Laramie in Chapter 4?
(a) Conquering Bear.
2. Who are the "loafers" referred to in Chapter 9?
(a) A group of Crow Indians.
(b) The men that Chivington chose at Sand Creek.
(c) Indians who intermarried with white settlers.
(d) Peaceful Indians who lived near and depended upon the fort.
3. What fellow West Point friend did Custer congratulate on his successes in the Confederate artillery?
(a) John Pelham.
(b) Gimlet Lea.
(c) Austin Blair.
(d) George Yates.
4. In what year was George Armstrong Custer born?
5. What was the estimated number of buffalo on the Great Plains in the nineteenth century?
(a) 25 million.
(b) 75 million.
(c) 2.5 million.
Short Answer Questions
1. What more than tripled in Ohio from 1828 to 1850?
2. At what age did most Sioux boys participate in their first tribal hunt?
3. According to Chapter 7, who of the book's subjects had seen combat by this time?
4. What event occurred on February 9, 1864?
5. Who did Custer meet on Thanksgiving evening in 1862?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)