|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 1 : Chapter 1, War & Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many Sioux were estimated to be at the great council at Bear Butte in Chapter 4?
(a) 3000 to 4500.
(b) 5000 to 7500.
(c) Less than a thousand.
(d) 1000 to 2500.
2. Who is Washakie?
(a) Headman of the Shoshoni.
(b) Headman of the Crow.
(c) Oglala warrior.
(d) Cheyenne warrior.
3. Who does the author credit with giving Custer his first big break in Chapter 10?
(a) General McClellan.
(b) General Smith.
(c) General Lee.
(d) General Burnside.
4. What year was George Armstrong Custer born?
5. Who was the half-French, half-Iowa interpreter used by the soldiers at Fort Laramie in Chapter 4?
(c) Conquering Bear.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Crazy Horse always led his men himself when they went into battle, and he kept well in front of them"?
2. In Chapter 8, where are the Shoshonis hunting before the Oglala and Cheyenne raid?
3. What was the most important subject at West Point when Custer attended?
4. In Chapter 7, what wars are cited as wars that Custer taught about?
5. What was the last major tribe pushed onto the Plains by military defeats with other tribes?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)