|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 1 : Chapter 1, War & Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What more than tripled in Ohio from 1828 to 1850?
(a) Newspapers and periodicals.
2. How did Custer spend his teenager years according to Chapter 7?
(a) Going to school.
(b) Competing against others.
(c) Playing practical jokes.
(d) Trying to do something and be somebody.
3. What is Pennsylvania Dutch?
(a) Dutch immigrants who first settled in Pennsylvania.
(b) Dutch immigrants from the Rhineland.
(c) Dutch immigrants from Germany.
(d) German immigrants from the Rhineland.
4. Who said to give the Indian "a love for exclusive property"?
(a) Founding father, Samuel Adams.
(b) Secretary of War, Henry Knox.
(c) Vermont lawyer, Thomas Farnham.
(d) President Andrew Jackson.
5. What did Crazy Horse "do for a living" according to Chapter 8?
(a) Make war.
(d) Serve as a chief.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Crazy Horse always led his men himself when they went into battle, and he kept well in front of them"?
2. Why did Crazy Horse most likely not get the scalp of his first human kill?
3. In Chapter 7, what was constricting in Custer's life?
4. Where did Crazy Horse and other warriors go to sing or boast of bravery?
5. How many Sioux were estimated to be at the great council at Bear Butte in Chapter 4?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)