|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 1 : Chapter 1, War & Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was George Armstrong Custer born?
2. What element of the weather do the Plains and the seashore share?
(a) Warm, muggy temperatures.
(b) Lack of snow.
(c) Limited rainfall.
(d) High wind velocity.
3. Who are the "loafers" referred to in Chapter 9?
(a) The men that Chivington chose at Sand Creek.
(b) A group of Crow Indians.
(c) Peaceful Indians who lived near and depended upon the fort.
(d) Indians who intermarried with white settlers.
4. Who was the half-French, half-Iowa interpreter used by the soldiers at Fort Laramie in Chapter 4?
(d) Conquering Bear.
5. About how much did Crazy Horse weigh at the age of 24?
(a) 140 pounds.
(b) 180 pounds.
(c) 160 pounds.
(d) 200 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author in Chapter 7, what was the ultimate difference between Crazy Horse and Custer?
2. In Chapter 10, who writes, "I captured the greatest prize of all"?
3. At what ages did Custer and Crazy Horse become recognized leaders?
4. What nickname did Crazy Horse go by as a child?
5. When did Custer enter West Point Military Academy?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)