|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 1 : Chapter 1, War & Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the half-French, half-Iowa interpreter used by the soldiers at Fort Laramie in Chapter 4?
(b) Conquering Bear.
2. What nickname did Crazy Horse go by as a child?
(c) Crazy Horse.
(d) Little Warrior.
3. Who says, "Crazy Horse always led his men himself when they went into battle, and he kept well in front of them"?
(a) Bad Heart Bull.
(b) Eleanor Hinman.
(d) He Dog.
4. Who did Custer become an aide to in 1863?
(a) President Lincoln.
(b) John Pelham.
(c) General Joseph Hooker.
(d) Brigadier General Alfred Pleasonton.
5. What position was Custer serving in when he was arrested and court-martial proceedings were started against him?
(a) Officer of the Day.
(b) First Cadet.
(c) Officer of the Guard.
(d) Commandant of the Cadets.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was George Armstrong Custer born?
2. How old was Custer when he graduated from the Academy and started his first paying job?
3. In 1865, the Oglala resurrected a system of government that acted as a chief's society. The seven men over forty who served were called what?
4. Who said to give the Indian "a love for exclusive property"?
5. How much did the leather cap that West Point cadets were required to wear weigh?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)