|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 1 : Chapter 1, War & Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chapter 9, what white man does Crazy Horse develop a friendship with?
(a) Caspar Collins.
(b) William O. Collins.
(c) Jedidiah Smith.
(d) Joseph Smith.
2. What book led to Custer writing an essay titled, "The Red Man" while at West Point?
(b) Last of the Mohicans.
(c) Swallow Barn.
(d) Leatherstocking Tales.
3. Who does the author credit with giving Custer his first big break in Chapter 10?
(a) General Burnside.
(b) General Smith.
(c) General Lee.
(d) General McClellan.
4. The Black Hills were known to the Sioux as a holy place called ______________.
(a) Pa Sapa.
(b) Bear Butte.
5. What is Pennsylvania Dutch?
(a) Dutch immigrants who first settled in Pennsylvania.
(b) German immigrants from the Rhineland.
(c) Dutch immigrants from the Rhineland.
(d) Dutch immigrants from Germany.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the "loafers" referred to in Chapter 9?
2. What was Custer's first nickname at West Point?
3. Who led the Bad Faces band of Oglalas in Chapter 3?
4. What more than tripled in Ohio from 1828 to 1850?
5. According to the author in Chapter 7, why is Custer's culture more productive than Crazy Horse's?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)