|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 1 : Chapter 1, War & Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the expedition against the whites on the Plains in June 1865, who led the Cheyenne?
(a) Black Wolf.
(b) Spotted Tail.
(c) Roman Nose.
(d) Black Elk.
2. In Chapter 10, who writes, "I captured the greatest prize of all"?
(b) Gimlet Lea.
(c) Daniel Bacon.
3. How many Sioux were estimated to be at the great council at Bear Butte in Chapter 4?
(a) 5000 to 7500.
(b) 1000 to 2500.
(c) Less than a thousand.
(d) 3000 to 4500.
4. What nickname did Crazy Horse go by as a child?
(a) Little Warrior.
(b) Crazy Horse.
5. Who does the author credit with giving Custer his first big break in Chapter 10?
(a) General Burnside.
(b) General Lee.
(c) General McClellan.
(d) General Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event occurred on February 9, 1864?
2. Who went along with Crazy Horse on night time raids of the settlers in Chapter 9?
3. Who wrote to Custer, "...I had to weep for joy that the recollection was sweet in your memory"?
4. What was the last major tribe pushed onto the Plains by military defeats with other tribes?
5. Who did Custer become an aide to in 1863?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)