|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 1 : Chapter 1, War & Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was so pleased with Custer's decision to attend West Point that he gave him $200 for expenses?
(a) The parent of one of his students.
(b) Congressman Bingham.
(c) The farmer, Mr. Monroe.
(d) His father.
2. According to Chapter 7, who of the book's subjects had seen combat by this time?
(b) Both Crazy Horse and Custer.
(c) Crazy Horse.
(d) Neither Crazy Horse nor Custer.
3. What book led to Custer writing an essay titled, "The Red Man" while at West Point?
(a) Last of the Mohicans.
(b) Swallow Barn.
(d) Leatherstocking Tales.
4. What is the WPPA?
(a) West Point Protective Association.
(b) West Point Provincial Academy.
(c) West Point Protocol Association.
(d) West Point Protestant Academy.
5. Where did Crazy Horse and other warriors go to sing or boast of bravery?
(a) The akicita lodge.
(b) Arrow Creek.
(d) Chief's lodge.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author in Chapter 7, what was the ultimate difference between Crazy Horse and Custer?
2. Who did Custer meet on Thanksgiving evening in 1862?
3. In Chapter 10, who says, "it looks like treason" about a document?
4. What is Pennsylvania Dutch?
5. In Chapter 3, what aspect of Sioux life would Claude Levi-Strauss, a French anthropologist, have called the "science of the concrete"?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)