|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 1 : Chapter 1, War & Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Custer meet on Thanksgiving evening in 1862?
(a) Fanny Fifield.
(b) Issac Christiancy.
(c) Mary Holland.
(d) Elizabeth Bacon.
2. In 1865, the Oglala resurrected a system of government that acted as a chief's society. The seven men over forty who served were called what?
(b) Chief council.
(c) Akicita society.
(d) Big Bellies.
3. Who led the Bad Faces band of Oglalas in Chapter 3?
(a) Old Smoke.
(b) Bad Bear.
(c) Red Cloud.
(d) Crazy Horse, the father.
4. In Chapter 7, what was constricting in Custer's life?
5. Why did Crazy Horse most likely not get the scalp of his first human kill?
(a) He found out it was a woman.
(b) He did not have a scalping knife.
(c) He refused to scalp anyone.
(d) He was injured.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chapter 4, what was central to life for a Sioux male?
2. What nickname did Crazy Horse go by as a child?
3. What was Custer's nickname as a boy?
4. In 1854, who led four Brules in seeking revenge for Conquering Bear's death?
5. What are the Lance Owners?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)