|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 1 : Chapter 1, War & Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author in Chapter 7, why is Custer's culture more productive than Crazy Horse's?
(a) Greater technology.
(b) Larger population.
(c) More assets.
(d) It is more disciplined.
2. Who was so pleased with Custer's decision to attend West Point that he gave him $200 for expenses?
(a) The parent of one of his students.
(b) His father.
(c) The farmer, Mr. Monroe.
(d) Congressman Bingham.
3. What was the last major tribe pushed onto the Plains by military defeats with other tribes?
4. During the time period of this book, what trees were common along streams on the Great Plains ?
5. Whose life was more controlled by time, according to Chapter 7?
(b) Both men.
(c) Neither man.
(d) Crazy Horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1854, who owned the trading house near Fort Laramie?
2. What is Pennsylvania Dutch?
3. Who did Crazy Horse fall in love with around the time he turned twenty-one years old?
4. Who does the author credit with giving Custer his first big break in Chapter 10?
5. Ohio's population in the 1800s is called a young population by the author. Why?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)