|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 1 : Chapter 1, War & Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What element of the weather do the Plains and the seashore share?
(a) Warm, muggy temperatures.
(b) High wind velocity.
(c) Limited rainfall.
(d) Lack of snow.
2. In Chapter 10, who writes, "I captured the greatest prize of all"?
(b) Gimlet Lea.
(c) Daniel Bacon.
3. Who led the Bad Faces band of Oglalas in Chapter 3?
(a) Crazy Horse, the father.
(b) Red Cloud.
(c) Old Smoke.
(d) Bad Bear.
4. In 1854, who led four Brules in seeking revenge for Conquering Bear's death?
(a) Spotted Tail.
(b) Brave Bear.
(c) Old Man Afraid.
(d) Crazy Horse.
5. During the time period of this book, what trees were common along streams on the Great Plains ?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the half-French, half-Iowa interpreter used by the soldiers at Fort Laramie in Chapter 4?
2. Whose life was more controlled by time, according to Chapter 7?
3. According to a letter Custer wrote to his sister, what percentage of students at West Point failed?
4. How old was Custer when he graduated from the Academy and started his first paying job?
5. According to Chapter 9, what white man does Crazy Horse develop a friendship with?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)