|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 1 : Chapter 1, War & Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many Sioux were estimated to be at the great council at Bear Butte in Chapter 4?
(a) 1000 to 2500.
(b) Less than a thousand.
(c) 5000 to 7500.
(d) 3000 to 4500.
2. During the time period of this book, what trees were common along streams on the Great Plains ?
3. Who did Custer become an aide to in 1863?
(a) President Lincoln.
(b) Brigadier General Alfred Pleasonton.
(c) John Pelham.
(d) General Joseph Hooker.
4. In Chapter 10, who says, "it looks like treason" about a document?
(a) General Smith.
(b) Fernando Wood.
(c) Captain Custer.
(d) General McClellan.
5. What more than tripled in Ohio from 1828 to 1850?
(c) Newspapers and periodicals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the last major tribe pushed onto the Plains by military defeats with other tribes?
2. Who does the author credit with giving Custer his first big break in Chapter 10?
3. In 1854, who owned the trading house near Fort Laramie?
4. What was Custer's first nickname at West Point?
5. What element of the weather do the Plains and the seashore share?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)