|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 1 : Chapter 1, War & Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Washakie?
(a) Headman of the Crow.
(b) Cheyenne warrior.
(c) Oglala warrior.
(d) Headman of the Shoshoni.
2. Who is George Bent?
(a) One of the soldiers at Sand Creek.
(b) Half Shoshoni, son of a soldier.
(c) A soldier at Fort Laramie.
(d) Half Cheyenne, son of a trader.
3. The Black Hills were known to the Sioux as a holy place called ______________.
(c) Pa Sapa.
(d) Bear Butte.
4. What nickname did Crazy Horse go by as a child?
(c) Crazy Horse.
(d) Little Warrior.
5. Who went along with Crazy Horse on night time raids of the settlers in Chapter 9?
(a) Little Big Man.
(b) He Dog.
(d) Young Man Afraid.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to a letter Custer wrote to his sister, what percentage of students at West Point failed?
2. Who wrote to Custer, "...I had to weep for joy that the recollection was sweet in your memory"?
3. Who are the "loafers" referred to in Chapter 9?
4. What was Custer's nickname as a boy?
5. How did Crazy Horse spend his teenage years according to Chapter 7?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)