|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Part 1 : Chapter 1, War & Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was George Armstrong Custer born?
2. In 1865, the Oglala resurrected a system of government that acted as a chief's society. The seven men over forty who served were called what?
(a) Akicita society.
(b) Big Bellies.
(d) Chief council.
3. At age ten, Custer went to live with his half-sister and her new husband who lived in __________.
(a) Boston, Massachusettes.
(b) Monroe, Michigan.
(c) Yorktown, Indiana.
(d) Columbus, Ohio.
4. What event occurred on February 9, 1864?
(a) Custer left for the frontier.
(b) Custer married Libbie.
(c) Custer became a general.
(d) Custer's father died.
5. What was Custer's nickname as a boy?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the author in Chapter 7, why is Custer's culture more productive than Crazy Horse's?
2. What position was Custer serving in when he was arrested and court-martial proceedings were started against him?
3. At what age did most Sioux boys participate in their first tribal hunt?
4. In Chapter 2, the author writes that Americans worked so much that work became ____________.
5. What was the last major tribe pushed onto the Plains by military defeats with other tribes?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)