|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Part 3 : Chapter 1, Chapters 13 & 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What medal did Tom Custer receive for his actions at Appomattox?
(a) Purple Heart.
(b) Meritorious Service Award.
(c) Exceptional Service Medal.
(d) Congressional Medal of Honor.
2. Approximately how many men served under Custer at Gettysburg?
3. In Chapter 8, where are the Shoshonis hunting before the Oglala and Cheyenne raid?
(a) Sweetwater River.
(b) Near Fort Laramie.
(c) Captive Butte.
(d) Bighorn River.
4. What was the most important subject at West Point when Custer attended?
(c) Military strategy.
5. In Chapter 10, who says, "it looks like treason" about a document?
(a) General McClellan.
(b) Captain Custer.
(c) Fernando Wood.
(d) General Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the Lance Owners?
2. How old was Custer when he graduated from the Academy and started his first paying job?
3. Who does the author credit with giving Custer his first big break in Chapter 10?
4. According to Chapter 7, who of the book's subjects had seen combat by this time?
5. Who is George Bent?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)