|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Part 3 : Chapter 1, Chapters 13 & 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the WPPA?
(a) West Point Protective Association.
(b) West Point Protestant Academy.
(c) West Point Provincial Academy.
(d) West Point Protocol Association.
2. In Chapter 3, what aspect of Sioux life would Claude Levi-Strauss, a French anthropologist, have called the "science of the concrete"?
(c) Animals as teachers.
3. According to the author in Chapter 7, what was the ultimate difference between Crazy Horse and Custer?
(a) Religious beliefs.
(b) Their mood.
(c) Hunting skills.
(d) Ability to ride a horse.
4. Carrington read the Bible every morning in what languages?
(a) French or Greek.
(b) Greek or Hebrew.
(c) Spanish or Latin.
(d) Latin or English.
5. According to Chapter 7, who of the book's subjects had seen combat by this time?
(a) Both Crazy Horse and Custer.
(b) Neither Crazy Horse nor Custer.
(c) Crazy Horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position is Custer offered in Chapter 14 that pays $10,000 a year?
2. In Chapter 10, who writes, "I captured the greatest prize of all"?
3. Who did Custer meet on Thanksgiving evening in 1862?
4. Who reported buffalo "as far as the eye could reach the country seemed blackened by innumerable herds"?
5. What did Custer name as one of the chief pleasures he and Libbie enjoyed on the Plains?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)