|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Part 3 : Chapter 1, Chapters 13 & 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was George Armstrong Custer born?
2. When did Custer enter West Point Military Academy?
(a) June, 1860.
(b) September, 1858.
(c) July, 1857.
(d) August, 1859.
3. In 1854, who owned the trading house near Fort Laramie?
(a) Henry Hawk.
(b) Jim Bordeaux.
(c) John Grattan.
(d) Francis Parkman.
4. Approximately how many men served under Custer at Gettysburg?
5. Who are the "loafers" referred to in Chapter 9?
(a) The men that Chivington chose at Sand Creek.
(b) Peaceful Indians who lived near and depended upon the fort.
(c) Indians who intermarried with white settlers.
(d) A group of Crow Indians.
Short Answer Questions
1. Carrington read the Bible every morning in what languages?
2. At what ages did Custer and Crazy Horse become recognized leaders?
3. Who led the Bad Faces band of Oglalas in Chapter 3?
4. Who is George Bent?
5. On the expedition against the whites on the Plains in June 1865, who led the Cheyenne?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)