|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Part 3 : Chapter 1, Chapters 13 & 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Custer spend his teenager years according to Chapter 7?
(a) Playing practical jokes.
(b) Going to school.
(c) Trying to do something and be somebody.
(d) Competing against others.
2. In Chapter 3, what aspect of Sioux life would Claude Levi-Strauss, a French anthropologist, have called the "science of the concrete"?
(d) Animals as teachers.
3. Who is George Bent?
(a) One of the soldiers at Sand Creek.
(b) A soldier at Fort Laramie.
(c) Half Cheyenne, son of a trader.
(d) Half Shoshoni, son of a soldier.
4. Who did Crazy Horse fall in love with around the time he turned twenty-one years old?
(a) Daughter of Old-Man-Afraid-of-his-Horses.
(b) Red Shawl Woman.
(c) Sitting Bull's niece.
(d) Black Buffalo Woman.
5. In what city did Custer and his wife have their portraits painted in Chapter 14?
(a) New Orleans.
(b) St. Louis.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Custer's nickname as a boy?
2. According to Chapter 7, who of the book's subjects had seen combat by this time?
3. Who are the "loafers" referred to in Chapter 9?
4. Who did Custer vote for in the 1864 election for president?
5. Who did Custer become an aide to in 1863?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)