|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Part 3 : Chapter 1, Chapters 13 & 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the Lance Owners?
(b) A tribal nickname.
(c) Cheyenne warriors.
(d) A Sioux society.
2. Who was the half-French, half-Iowa interpreter used by the soldiers at Fort Laramie in Chapter 4?
(c) Conquering Bear.
3. In 1865, the Oglala resurrected a system of government that acted as a chief's society. The seven men over forty who served were called what?
(a) Chief council.
(b) Akicita society.
(d) Big Bellies.
4. Who did Custer become an aide to in 1863?
(a) General Joseph Hooker.
(b) Brigadier General Alfred Pleasonton.
(c) John Pelham.
(d) President Lincoln.
5. In Chapter 8, where are the Shoshonis hunting before the Oglala and Cheyenne raid?
(a) Sweetwater River.
(b) Bighorn River.
(c) Near Fort Laramie.
(d) Captive Butte.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, who says, "it looks like treason" about a document?
2. What nickname did Crazy Horse go by as a child?
3. In Chapter 7, what wars are cited as wars that Custer taught about?
4. At what age did most Sioux boys participate in their first tribal hunt?
5. Who said, "General Custer is writing lasting letters on the pages of his country's history"?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)