|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Part 3 : Chapter 1, Chapters 13 & 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Custer become a Major General?
(a) September, 1864.
(b) July, 1863.
(c) May, 1864.
(d) January, 1865.
2. The Black Hills were known to the Sioux as a holy place called ______________.
(a) Pa Sapa.
(d) Bear Butte.
3. About how much did Crazy Horse weigh at the age of 24?
(a) 200 pounds.
(b) 140 pounds.
(c) 160 pounds.
(d) 180 pounds.
4. Of the 267 Union soldiers executed during the Civil War, how many were executed for desertion?
5. What was Carrington's Achilles' heel?
(a) Poor commanding officers.
(b) Need for wood.
(d) Need for water.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who said to give the Indian "a love for exclusive property"?
2. Who led the Bad Faces band of Oglalas in Chapter 3?
3. In 1854, who owned the trading house near Fort Laramie?
4. Who is George Bent?
5. In 1865, the Oglala resurrected a system of government that acted as a chief's society. The seven men over forty who served were called what?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)