|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Part 3 : Chapter 1, Chapters 13 & 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What political party did Custer officially endorse in 1866?
(a) Democratic party.
(b) Libertarian party.
(c) Republican party.
(d) National Union party.
2. Whose life was more controlled by time, according to Chapter 7?
(a) Both men.
(b) Crazy Horse.
(c) Neither man.
3. Who does the author credit with giving Custer his first big break in Chapter 10?
(a) General McClellan.
(b) General Smith.
(c) General Burnside.
(d) General Lee.
4. In Chapter 7, what wars are cited as wars that Custer taught about?
(a) All European wars.
(b) Mexican and Peloponnesian.
(c) French and American Revolutions.
(d) French and Indian War.
5. What position is Custer offered in Chapter 14 that pays $10,000 a year?
(a) Fort Commander over Fort Kearney.
(b) Position in Mexican Army.
(c) Position in the War Department in Washington, D.C.
(d) Position protecting California railway workers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote to Custer, "...I had to weep for joy that the recollection was sweet in your memory"?
2. Along what trail did the army plan to build a fort in 1866?
3. What did the Oglalas call the road that the settlers knew as "The Oregon Trail"?
4. What event occurred on February 9, 1864?
5. Who said to give the Indian "a love for exclusive property"?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)