|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Part 3 : Chapter 1, Chapters 13 & 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 11, who on Custer's household staff took care of the horses?
(b) Joseph Fought.
(d) Johnnie Cisco.
2. What is the WPPA?
(a) West Point Protestant Academy.
(b) West Point Protocol Association.
(c) West Point Protective Association.
(d) West Point Provincial Academy.
3. What nickname did Crazy Horse go by as a child?
(b) Crazy Horse.
(c) Little Warrior.
4. Who said to give the Indian "a love for exclusive property"?
(a) Vermont lawyer, Thomas Farnham.
(b) President Andrew Jackson.
(c) Founding father, Samuel Adams.
(d) Secretary of War, Henry Knox.
5. According to a letter Custer wrote to his sister, what percentage of students at West Point failed?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Crazy Horse always led his men himself when they went into battle, and he kept well in front of them"?
2. According to the author in Chapter 7, what was the ultimate difference between Crazy Horse and Custer?
3. In 1865, the Oglala resurrected a system of government that acted as a chief's society. The seven men over forty who served were called what?
4. Where was Custer's new regiment, the 7th Cavalry, assigned to in 1867?
5. Who are the "loafers" referred to in Chapter 9?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)