|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Part 3 : Chapter 1, Chapters 13 & 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the author credit with giving Custer his first big break in Chapter 10?
(a) General Burnside.
(b) General Lee.
(c) General Smith.
(d) General McClellan.
2. About how much did Crazy Horse weigh at the age of 24?
(a) 200 pounds.
(b) 160 pounds.
(c) 180 pounds.
(d) 140 pounds.
3. In Chapter 10, who says, "it looks like treason" about a document?
(a) General Smith.
(b) Fernando Wood.
(c) General McClellan.
(d) Captain Custer.
4. What was the last major tribe pushed onto the Plains by military defeats with other tribes?
5. Who went along with Crazy Horse on night time raids of the settlers in Chapter 9?
(a) He Dog.
(b) Little Big Man.
(c) Young Man Afraid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Along what trail did the army plan to build a fort in 1866?
2. How much did the leather cap that West Point cadets were required to wear weigh?
3. Who did Custer vote for in the 1864 election for president?
4. What nickname did Crazy Horse go by as a child?
5. Who said "fighting for fun is rare"?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)