|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Part 3 : Chapter 1, Chapters 13 & 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1865, the Oglala resurrected a system of government that acted as a chief's society. The seven men over forty who served were called what?
(a) Chief council.
(c) Big Bellies.
(d) Akicita society.
2. Who is Washakie?
(a) Cheyenne warrior.
(b) Headman of the Shoshoni.
(c) Headman of the Crow.
(d) Oglala warrior.
3. Who said, "General Custer is writing lasting letters on the pages of his country's history"?
(a) President Lincoln.
(b) Speaker of the House Colfax.
(c) General Grant.
(d) Secretary of War Stanton.
4. In Chapter 10, who says, "it looks like treason" about a document?
(a) General McClellan.
(b) Captain Custer.
(c) Fernando Wood.
(d) General Smith.
5. According to the author in Chapter 7, why is Custer's culture more productive than Crazy Horse's?
(a) It is more disciplined.
(b) Larger population.
(c) Greater technology.
(d) More assets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position was Custer serving in when he was arrested and court-martial proceedings were started against him?
2. How old was Custer when he graduated from the Academy and started his first paying job?
3. Who was placed in charge of the Department of the Mississippi?
4. Who went along with Crazy Horse on night time raids of the settlers in Chapter 9?
5. Where was Custer's new regiment, the 7th Cavalry, assigned to in 1867?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)