|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Part 3 : Chapter 1, Chapters 13 & 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When E.B. Taylor met with Red Cloud, what did he raise the annual annuities to?
2. What are the Lance Owners?
(a) A tribal nickname.
(b) Cheyenne warriors.
(c) A Sioux society.
3. According to Chapter 13, what was the first financial offer that the government made to Plains tribes?
(a) $15,000 annuities.
(b) $10,000 annuities.
(c) $20,000 annuities.
(d) $25,000 annuities.
4. Of the 267 Union soldiers executed during the Civil War, how many were executed for desertion?
5. What became a distinguishing mark of the 3rd Cavalry Division?
(a) Top boots.
(b) Five gold loops on each sleeve.
(c) Soft hat.
(d) A red tie.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the "loafers" referred to in Chapter 9?
2. Along what trail did the army plan to build a fort in 1866?
3. What did Custer name as one of the chief pleasures he and Libbie enjoyed on the Plains?
4. At what age did most Sioux boys participate in their first tribal hunt?
5. In Chapter 7, what wars are cited as wars that Custer taught about?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)