|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Part 3 : Chapter 1, Chapters 13 & 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Oglalas call the road that the settlers knew as "The Oregon Trail"?
(a) The Solder's Trail.
(b) Laramie Trail.
(c) The Holy Road.
(d) The White Man's Road.
2. About how much did Crazy Horse weigh at the age of 24?
(a) 200 pounds.
(b) 140 pounds.
(c) 160 pounds.
(d) 180 pounds.
3. When did Custer become a Major General?
(a) July, 1863.
(b) January, 1865.
(c) May, 1864.
(d) September, 1864.
4. What year was George Armstrong Custer born?
5. What bad news did Custer receive on January 31, 1866?
(a) He is to be court-martialed.
(b) His mother had died.
(c) His first child has died during childbirth.
(d) He had been demoted to Captain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Custer vote for in the 1864 election for president?
2. Who is Washakie?
3. Who wrote to Custer, "...I had to weep for joy that the recollection was sweet in your memory"?
4. In Chapter 10, who says, "it looks like treason" about a document?
5. In the last five months of 1866, how many times did the Sioux attack Fort Phil Kearny?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)