|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Part 3 : Chapter 1, Chapters 13 & 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ohio's population in the 1800s is called a young population by the author. Why?
(a) 55 percent were under twenty years of age.
(b) 62 percent were under twenty-five.
(c) White Americans had just moved to Ohio.
(d) 73 percent were under thirty years of age.
2. In Chapter 10, who says, "it looks like treason" about a document?
(a) Fernando Wood.
(b) Captain Custer.
(c) General Smith.
(d) General McClellan.
3. Who wrote to Custer, "...I had to weep for joy that the recollection was sweet in your memory"?
(a) His wife, Libbie.
(b) His sister, Lydia.
(c) His first girlfriend, Mary.
(d) His mother.
4. Between Custer and Crazy Horse, who came from a modest background, according to Chapter 12?
(b) Both men.
(c) Neither man.
(d) Crazy Horse.
5. In Chapter 11, who on Custer's household staff took care of the horses?
(b) Johnnie Cisco.
(d) Joseph Fought.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose life was more controlled by time, according to Chapter 7?
2. According to Chapter 4, what was central to life for a Sioux male?
3. What became a distinguishing mark of the 3rd Cavalry Division?
4. How many Sioux were estimated to be at the great council at Bear Butte in Chapter 4?
5. What bad news did Custer receive on January 31, 1866?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)