|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Part 3 : Chapter 1, Chapters 13 & 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bad news did Custer receive on January 31, 1866?
(a) His first child has died during childbirth.
(b) He had been demoted to Captain.
(c) He is to be court-martialed.
(d) His mother had died.
2. What was Carrington's Achilles' heel?
(b) Poor commanding officers.
(c) Need for wood.
(d) Need for water.
3. Who went along with Crazy Horse on night time raids of the settlers in Chapter 9?
(a) He Dog.
(c) Young Man Afraid.
(d) Little Big Man.
4. According to the author, who has written the definitive biography of George Custer?
(a) George Bent.
(b) Carol Gluck.
(c) Ken Burns.
(d) Jay Monaghan.
5. During the time period of this book, what trees were common along streams on the Great Plains ?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 11, who on Custer's household staff took care of the horses?
2. Who reported buffalo "as far as the eye could reach the country seemed blackened by innumerable herds"?
3. What did the Oglalas call the road that the settlers knew as "The Oregon Trail"?
4. In Chapter 7, what was constricting in Custer's life?
5. In Chapter 2, the author writes that Americans worked so much that work became ____________.
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)