|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Part 3 : Chapter 1, Chapters 13 & 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nickname did Crazy Horse go by as a child?
(a) Crazy Horse.
(b) Little Warrior.
2. Who was placed in charge of the Department of the Mississippi?
(a) Colonel Carrington.
(b) Colonel Taylor.
(c) General Tecumseh.
(d) Major General Sherman.
3. Carrington read the Bible every morning in what languages?
(a) Greek or Hebrew.
(b) French or Greek.
(c) Spanish or Latin.
(d) Latin or English.
4. What political party did Custer officially endorse in 1866?
(a) Democratic party.
(b) Libertarian party.
(c) Republican party.
(d) National Union party.
5. Who said "fighting for fun is rare"?
(a) Colonel Theodore Lyman.
(b) General Grant.
(c) General Custer.
(d) General Horace Porter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What medal did Tom Custer receive for his actions at Appomattox?
2. In Chapter 11, who on Custer's household staff took care of the horses?
3. What fellow West Point friend did Custer congratulate on his successes in the Confederate artillery?
4. Which railroad originated in California?
5. Of the 267 Union soldiers executed during the Civil War, how many were executed for desertion?
This section contains 187 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)