|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Part 3 : Chapter 1, Chapters 13 & 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are the "loafers" referred to in Chapter 9?
(a) Peaceful Indians who lived near and depended upon the fort.
(b) A group of Crow Indians.
(c) The men that Chivington chose at Sand Creek.
(d) Indians who intermarried with white settlers.
2. Who is George Bent?
(a) A soldier at Fort Laramie.
(b) Half Cheyenne, son of a trader.
(c) Half Shoshoni, son of a soldier.
(d) One of the soldiers at Sand Creek.
3. What event occurred on February 9, 1864?
(a) Custer married Libbie.
(b) Custer became a general.
(c) Custer left for the frontier.
(d) Custer's father died.
4. According to the author, who has written the definitive biography of George Custer?
(a) Jay Monaghan.
(b) Carol Gluck.
(c) George Bent.
(d) Ken Burns.
5. What animal slept with Custer at night in Chapter 11?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, who says, "it looks like treason" about a document?
2. In the last five months of 1866, how many times did the Sioux attack Fort Phil Kearny?
3. Between Custer and Crazy Horse, who came from a modest background, according to Chapter 12?
4. About how much did Crazy Horse weigh at the age of 24?
5. What year was George Armstrong Custer born?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)