|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Part 3 : Chapter 1, Chapters 13 & 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the expedition against the whites on the Plains in June 1865, who led the Cheyenne?
(a) Black Elk.
(b) Spotted Tail.
(c) Roman Nose.
(d) Black Wolf.
2. According to Chapter 7, who of the book's subjects had seen combat by this time?
(a) Crazy Horse.
(c) Both Crazy Horse and Custer.
(d) Neither Crazy Horse nor Custer.
3. Who is George Bent?
(a) Half Cheyenne, son of a trader.
(b) One of the soldiers at Sand Creek.
(c) Half Shoshoni, son of a soldier.
(d) A soldier at Fort Laramie.
4. According to the author in Chapter 7, what was the ultimate difference between Crazy Horse and Custer?
(a) Hunting skills.
(b) Their mood.
(c) Religious beliefs.
(d) Ability to ride a horse.
5. Where was Custer's new regiment, the 7th Cavalry, assigned to in 1867?
(a) Fort Hays.
(b) Fort Dodge.
(c) Fort Leavenworth.
(d) Fort Riley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of the 267 Union soldiers executed during the Civil War, how many were executed for desertion?
2. What year was George Armstrong Custer born?
3. Approximately how many men served under Custer at Gettysburg?
4. What nickname did Crazy Horse go by as a child?
5. When did Custer become a Major General?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)