|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Part 4 : Chapter 1, 1873 & 1874.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Sitting Bull do with much of the money earned at Buffalo Bill Cody's Wild West Show?
(a) Gave it to poor children.
(b) Sent it to his family.
(c) Spent it on horses.
(d) Bought things with it.
2. In 1865, the Oglala resurrected a system of government that acted as a chief's society. The seven men over forty who served were called what?
(a) Chief council.
(b) Akicita society.
(c) Big Bellies.
3. What event occurred on February 9, 1864?
(a) Custer's father died.
(b) Custer left for the frontier.
(c) Custer married Libbie.
(d) Custer became a general.
4. According to the author, who has written the definitive biography of George Custer?
(a) Ken Burns.
(b) Jay Monaghan.
(c) George Bent.
(d) Carol Gluck.
5. When E.B. Taylor met with Red Cloud, what did he raise the annual annuities to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who went along with Crazy Horse on night time raids of the settlers in Chapter 9?
2. What do Sioux call the Black Hills?
3. In the last five months of 1866, how many times did the Sioux attack Fort Phil Kearny?
4. In what city did Custer and his wife have their portraits painted in Chapter 14?
5. What political party did Custer officially endorse in 1866?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)