|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Part 4 : Chapter 1, 1873 & 1874.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says, "Crazy Horse always led his men himself when they went into battle, and he kept well in front of them"?
(a) Bad Heart Bull.
(b) Eleanor Hinman.
(d) He Dog.
2. What fellow West Point friend did Custer congratulate on his successes in the Confederate artillery?
(a) Austin Blair.
(b) George Yates.
(c) John Pelham.
(d) Gimlet Lea.
3. What did the Oglalas call the road that the settlers knew as "The Oregon Trail"?
(a) The Solder's Trail.
(b) The White Man's Road.
(c) Laramie Trail.
(d) The Holy Road.
4. In Chapter 20, who makes the statement that if he were Indian, he would prefer to live on the open plains instead of a reservation?
5. Which Native American scout remained with Custer as he first entered the Black Hills in 1874?
(a) Bloody Knife.
(c) Medicine Bill.
(d) Still Water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What political party did Custer officially endorse in 1866?
2. Who are the "loafers" referred to in Chapter 9?
3. Who led the attack on Black Kettle's band of Cheyenne at Sand Creek in 1864?
4. Who has Custer arrested on the Yellowstone campaign?
5. One of the boys who listened to Crazy Horse tell stories became a famous holy man. Who was it?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)