|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Part 4 : Chapter 1, 1873 & 1874.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fellow West Point friend did Custer congratulate on his successes in the Confederate artillery?
(a) John Pelham.
(b) George Yates.
(c) Gimlet Lea.
(d) Austin Blair.
2. What event occurred on February 9, 1864?
(a) Custer became a general.
(b) Custer married Libbie.
(c) Custer's father died.
(d) Custer left for the frontier.
3. According to Chapter 9, what white man does Crazy Horse develop a friendship with?
(a) Caspar Collins.
(b) William O. Collins.
(c) Joseph Smith.
(d) Jedidiah Smith.
4. Why says in Chapter 18, "There are not many joyous people here"?
(b) Tom Custer.
(c) Libbie Custer.
(d) Lieutenant Stanley.
5. Custer wrote to Libbie that the "Indians have a new name for me." What was it?
(a) Loud man.
(b) Yellow Hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "Crazy Horse always led his men himself when they went into battle, and he kept well in front of them"?
2. Who led the attack on Black Kettle's band of Cheyenne at Sand Creek in 1864?
3. In the last five months of 1866, how many times did the Sioux attack Fort Phil Kearny?
4. Who does the author credit with giving Custer his first big break in Chapter 10?
5. Who are the "loafers" referred to in Chapter 9?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)