|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Part 4 : Chapter 1, 1873 & 1874.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is George Bent?
(a) Half Cheyenne, son of a trader.
(b) A soldier at Fort Laramie.
(c) Half Shoshoni, son of a soldier.
(d) One of the soldiers at Sand Creek.
2. Who are the "loafers" referred to in Chapter 9?
(a) Peaceful Indians who lived near and depended upon the fort.
(b) Indians who intermarried with white settlers.
(c) A group of Crow Indians.
(d) The men that Chivington chose at Sand Creek.
3. According to Chapter 20, what two Sioux leaders were jealous of each other?
(a) Crazy Horse and Sitting Bull.
(b) Young Man Afraid and Old Man Afraid.
(c) Sitting Bull and Red Cloud.
(d) Red Cloud and Spotted Tail.
4. About how much did Crazy Horse weigh at the age of 24?
(a) 160 pounds.
(b) 200 pounds.
(c) 180 pounds.
(d) 140 pounds.
5. What bad news did Custer receive on January 31, 1866?
(a) His first child has died during childbirth.
(b) He is to be court-martialed.
(c) He had been demoted to Captain.
(d) His mother had died.
Short Answer Questions
1. One of the boys who listened to Crazy Horse tell stories became a famous holy man. Who was it?
2. In what city did Custer and his wife have their portraits painted in Chapter 14?
3. Where did Crazy Horse and other warriors go to sing or boast of bravery?
4. What book is Custer reading in Chapter 19?
5. Who killed Captain Fetterman?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)