|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Part 4 : Chapter 1, 1873 & 1874.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is George Bent?
(a) A soldier at Fort Laramie.
(b) Half Cheyenne, son of a trader.
(c) Half Shoshoni, son of a soldier.
(d) One of the soldiers at Sand Creek.
2. Who was Custer to accompany on his first post-Civil War assignment?
(a) General Kirby-Smith.
(b) General Sheridan.
(c) General Grant.
(d) General Sherman.
3. What did Crazy Horse "do for a living" according to Chapter 8?
(a) Make war.
(b) Serve as a chief.
4. Who has Custer arrested on the Yellowstone campaign?
(c) Lieutenant Stanley.
5. In Chapter 8, where are the Shoshonis hunting before the Oglala and Cheyenne raid?
(a) Bighorn River.
(b) Captive Butte.
(c) Near Fort Laramie.
(d) Sweetwater River.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city did Custer and his wife have their portraits painted in Chapter 14?
2. Who did Crazy Horse fall in love with around the time he turned twenty-one years old?
3. Who does the author credit with giving Custer his first big break in Chapter 10?
4. What was Carrington's Achilles' heel?
5. Where did Crazy Horse and other warriors go to sing or boast of bravery?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)