|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Part 4 : Chapter 1, 1873 & 1874.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who went along with Crazy Horse on night time raids of the settlers in Chapter 9?
(a) Little Big Man.
(b) He Dog.
(d) Young Man Afraid.
2. Who did Custer become an aide to in 1863?
(a) John Pelham.
(b) Brigadier General Alfred Pleasonton.
(c) General Joseph Hooker.
(d) President Lincoln.
3. In Chapter 10, who writes, "I captured the greatest prize of all"?
(c) Daniel Bacon.
(d) Gimlet Lea.
4. Custer wrote to Libbie that the "Indians have a new name for me." What was it?
(b) Yellow Hair.
(c) Loud man.
5. About how much did Crazy Horse weigh at the age of 24?
(a) 140 pounds.
(b) 200 pounds.
(c) 180 pounds.
(d) 160 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position is Custer offered in Chapter 14 that pays $10,000 a year?
2. In Chapter 8, where are the Shoshonis hunting before the Oglala and Cheyenne raid?
3. Who is George Bent?
4. What river takes the Custer party to Alexandria?
5. What was the first banking house to fail in 1873?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)