|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Part 4 : Chapter 1, 1873 & 1874.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the expedition against the whites on the Plains in June 1865, who led the Cheyenne?
(a) Spotted Tail.
(b) Black Wolf.
(c) Roman Nose.
(d) Black Elk.
2. What did the Oglalas call the road that the settlers knew as "The Oregon Trail"?
(a) The Holy Road.
(b) Laramie Trail.
(c) The White Man's Road.
(d) The Solder's Trail.
3. According to Chapter 9, what white man does Crazy Horse develop a friendship with?
(a) William O. Collins.
(b) Joseph Smith.
(c) Jedidiah Smith.
(d) Caspar Collins.
4. Who does Crazy Horse marry in 1872?
(a) Red Elk.
(b) Black Buffalo Woman.
(c) Black Shawl.
(d) Red Feather.
5. Custer wrote to Libbie that the "Indians have a new name for me." What was it?
(c) Yellow Hair.
(d) Loud man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Crazy Horse fall in love with around the time he turned twenty-one years old?
2. In Chapter 10, who writes, "I captured the greatest prize of all"?
3. Who went along with Crazy Horse on night time raids of the settlers in Chapter 9?
4. Which regiment stages a mutiny against Custer in Texas?
5. Which Native American scout remained with Custer as he first entered the Black Hills in 1874?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)