|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Part 4 : Chapter 1, 1873 & 1874.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Washakie?
(a) Headman of the Crow.
(b) Cheyenne warrior.
(c) Oglala warrior.
(d) Headman of the Shoshoni.
2. What did the Oglalas call the road that the settlers knew as "The Oregon Trail"?
(a) The Solder's Trail.
(b) The White Man's Road.
(c) Laramie Trail.
(d) The Holy Road.
3. Who was Custer to accompany on his first post-Civil War assignment?
(a) General Grant.
(b) General Sherman.
(c) General Sheridan.
(d) General Kirby-Smith.
4. Which Native American scout remained with Custer as he first entered the Black Hills in 1874?
(a) Medicine Bill.
(b) Still Water.
(c) Bloody Knife.
5. What was the first banking house to fail in 1873?
(a) Jay Cook.
(b) George Bird Grinwell.
(c) First American.
(d) Kansas Pacific
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Custer's new regiment, the 7th Cavalry, assigned to in 1867?
2. What event occurred on February 9, 1864?
3. In what city did Custer and his wife have their portraits painted in Chapter 14?
4. In Chapter 10, who says, "it looks like treason" about a document?
5. According to Chapter 9, what white man does Crazy Horse develop a friendship with?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)