|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Part 4 : Chapter 1, 1873 & 1874.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many Native Americans made up the decoy party after camping on July 24, 1865?
2. What fellow West Point friend did Custer congratulate on his successes in the Confederate artillery?
(a) Austin Blair.
(b) John Pelham.
(c) George Yates.
(d) Gimlet Lea.
3. On the expedition against the whites on the Plains in June 1865, who led the Cheyenne?
(a) Black Elk.
(b) Spotted Tail.
(c) Black Wolf.
(d) Roman Nose.
4. Which railroad originated in California?
(a) California Pacific.
(b) Kansas Pacific.
(c) Central Pacific.
(d) Union Pacific.
5. Who led the attack on Black Kettle's band of Cheyenne at Sand Creek in 1864?
(a) Colonel Chivington.
(b) General Evans.
(c) Captain Custer.
(d) Colonel Collins.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 19, who is mentioned as being "drunk nearly all the time"?
2. Who did Custer meet on Thanksgiving evening in 1862?
3. What did Sitting Bull do with much of the money earned at Buffalo Bill Cody's Wild West Show?
4. Along what trail did the army plan to build a fort in 1866?
5. Why says in Chapter 18, "There are not many joyous people here"?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)