|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Part 4 : Chapter 1, 1873 & 1874.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the author credit with giving Custer his first big break in Chapter 10?
(a) General Burnside.
(b) General Smith.
(c) General Lee.
(d) General McClellan.
2. What did the Oglalas call the road that the settlers knew as "The Oregon Trail"?
(a) The White Man's Road.
(b) The Holy Road.
(c) Laramie Trail.
(d) The Solder's Trail.
3. According to Chapter 20, what two Sioux leaders were jealous of each other?
(a) Crazy Horse and Sitting Bull.
(b) Red Cloud and Spotted Tail.
(c) Young Man Afraid and Old Man Afraid.
(d) Sitting Bull and Red Cloud.
4. What bad news did Custer receive on January 31, 1866?
(a) His first child has died during childbirth.
(b) He had been demoted to Captain.
(c) He is to be court-martialed.
(d) His mother had died.
5. Who says, "Crazy Horse always led his men himself when they went into battle, and he kept well in front of them"?
(b) Eleanor Hinman.
(c) He Dog.
(d) Bad Heart Bull.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has Custer arrested on the Yellowstone campaign?
2. In what city did Custer and his wife have their portraits painted in Chapter 14?
3. In Chapter 10, who says, "it looks like treason" about a document?
4. Who are the "loafers" referred to in Chapter 9?
5. According to Chapter 13, what was the first financial offer that the government made to Plains tribes?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)