|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Part 4 : Chapter 1, 1873 & 1874.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Custer meet on Thanksgiving evening in 1862?
(a) Elizabeth Bacon.
(b) Mary Holland.
(c) Issac Christiancy.
(d) Fanny Fifield.
2. Along what trail did the army plan to build a fort in 1866?
(a) Santa Fe.
3. About how much did Crazy Horse weigh at the age of 24?
(a) 160 pounds.
(b) 180 pounds.
(c) 140 pounds.
(d) 200 pounds.
4. According to Chapter 13, what was the first financial offer that the government made to Plains tribes?
(a) $25,000 annuities.
(b) $20,000 annuities.
(c) $10,000 annuities.
(d) $15,000 annuities.
5. Custer wrote to Libbie that the "Indians have a new name for me." What was it?
(b) Yellow Hair.
(c) Loud man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bad news did Custer receive on January 31, 1866?
2. Who went along with Crazy Horse on night time raids of the settlers in Chapter 9?
3. Who is George Bent?
4. What event occurred on February 9, 1864?
5. In Chapter 20, who makes the statement that if he were Indian, he would prefer to live on the open plains instead of a reservation?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)