|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Part 4 : Chapter 1, 1873 & 1874.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About how much did Crazy Horse weigh at the age of 24?
(a) 160 pounds.
(b) 180 pounds.
(c) 200 pounds.
(d) 140 pounds.
2. What position is Custer offered in Chapter 14 that pays $10,000 a year?
(a) Position in the War Department in Washington, D.C.
(b) Position protecting California railway workers.
(c) Position in Mexican Army.
(d) Fort Commander over Fort Kearney.
3. What river takes the Custer party to Alexandria?
(a) Red River.
(b) Ohio River.
(c) Canadian River.
(d) Mississippi River.
4. What did the Oglalas call the road that the settlers knew as "The Oregon Trail"?
(a) The Holy Road.
(b) Laramie Trail.
(c) The Solder's Trail.
(d) The White Man's Road.
5. Which railroad originated in California?
(a) Kansas Pacific.
(b) California Pacific.
(c) Central Pacific.
(d) Union Pacific.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Native American scout remained with Custer as he first entered the Black Hills in 1874?
2. Where did Crazy Horse and other warriors go to sing or boast of bravery?
3. What did Custer have his photo taken with in the Black Hills?
4. Along what trail did the army plan to build a fort in 1866?
5. What bad news did Custer receive on January 31, 1866?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)