|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Part 4 : Chapter 1, 1873 & 1874.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Crazy Horse marry in 1872?
(a) Red Feather.
(b) Red Elk.
(c) Black Buffalo Woman.
(d) Black Shawl.
2. What bad news did Custer receive on January 31, 1866?
(a) He had been demoted to Captain.
(b) He is to be court-martialed.
(c) His first child has died during childbirth.
(d) His mother had died.
3. Where did Crazy Horse and other warriors go to sing or boast of bravery?
(b) Arrow Creek.
(c) Chief's lodge.
(d) The akicita lodge.
4. Who does the author credit with giving Custer his first big break in Chapter 10?
(a) General Smith.
(b) General Burnside.
(c) General Lee.
(d) General McClellan.
5. Who did Crazy Horse fall in love with around the time he turned twenty-one years old?
(a) Red Shawl Woman.
(b) Black Buffalo Woman.
(c) Daughter of Old-Man-Afraid-of-his-Horses.
(d) Sitting Bull's niece.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position is Custer offered in Chapter 14 that pays $10,000 a year?
2. Who says, "Crazy Horse always led his men himself when they went into battle, and he kept well in front of them"?
3. What did Crazy Horse "do for a living" according to Chapter 8?
4. Who has Custer arrested on the Yellowstone campaign?
5. About how much did Crazy Horse weigh at the age of 24?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)