|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Part 4 : Chapter 1, 1873 & 1874.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chapter 13, what was the first financial offer that the government made to Plains tribes?
(a) $15,000 annuities.
(b) $25,000 annuities.
(c) $10,000 annuities.
(d) $20,000 annuities.
2. Who did Custer meet on Thanksgiving evening in 1862?
(a) Mary Holland.
(b) Fanny Fifield.
(c) Issac Christiancy.
(d) Elizabeth Bacon.
3. What did Sitting Bull do with much of the money earned at Buffalo Bill Cody's Wild West Show?
(a) Sent it to his family.
(b) Bought things with it.
(c) Spent it on horses.
(d) Gave it to poor children.
4. Where did Crazy Horse mourn his daughter's death for three days and nights?
(a) Black Hills.
(b) Shoshoni country.
(c) Crow Country.
(d) Powder River.
5. What political party did Custer officially endorse in 1866?
(a) Republican party.
(b) Democratic party.
(c) Libertarian party.
(d) National Union party.
Short Answer Questions
1. Custer wrote to Libbie that the "Indians have a new name for me." What was it?
2. What did the Oglalas call the road that the settlers knew as "The Oregon Trail"?
3. Who are the "loafers" referred to in Chapter 9?
4. Who is the Miniconjou medicine man who has a strong vision in Chapter 18?
5. According to Chapter 20, what two Sioux leaders were jealous of each other?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)