|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Part 4 : Chapter 1, 1873 & 1874.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fellow West Point friend did Custer congratulate on his successes in the Confederate artillery?
(a) Austin Blair.
(b) John Pelham.
(c) George Yates.
(d) Gimlet Lea.
2. Who is the Miniconjou medicine man who has a strong vision in Chapter 18?
(a) White Bull.
(b) Long Holy.
(c) Pleny Lice.
(d) Gets-the-Best of-Them.
3. Who says, "Crazy Horse always led his men himself when they went into battle, and he kept well in front of them"?
(a) Eleanor Hinman.
(b) He Dog.
(d) Bad Heart Bull.
4. What was Carrington's Achilles' heel?
(a) Need for water.
(b) Need for wood.
(d) Poor commanding officers.
5. What did Crazy Horse "do for a living" according to Chapter 8?
(a) Make war.
(b) Serve as a chief.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Washakie?
2. When E.B. Taylor met with Red Cloud, what did he raise the annual annuities to?
3. Who did Custer meet on Thanksgiving evening in 1862?
4. Who is George Bent?
5. What did the Oglalas call the road that the settlers knew as "The Oregon Trail"?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)