|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Part 4 : Chapter 1, 1873 & 1874.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Custer's new regiment, the 7th Cavalry, assigned to in 1867?
(a) Fort Leavenworth.
(b) Fort Riley.
(c) Fort Dodge.
(d) Fort Hays.
2. Who was placed in charge of the Department of the Mississippi?
(a) Colonel Taylor.
(b) Major General Sherman.
(c) General Tecumseh.
(d) Colonel Carrington.
3. Where did Crazy Horse mourn his daughter's death for three days and nights?
(a) Shoshoni country.
(b) Powder River.
(c) Crow Country.
(d) Black Hills.
4. In 1865, the Oglala resurrected a system of government that acted as a chief's society. The seven men over forty who served were called what?
(a) Akicita society.
(c) Big Bellies.
(d) Chief council.
5. What was Carrington's Achilles' heel?
(a) Poor commanding officers.
(b) Need for water.
(c) Need for wood.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 19, who is mentioned as being "drunk nearly all the time"?
2. When E.B. Taylor met with Red Cloud, what did he raise the annual annuities to?
3. What did Crazy Horse "do for a living" according to Chapter 8?
4. What fellow West Point friend did Custer congratulate on his successes in the Confederate artillery?
5. Which Native American scout remained with Custer as he first entered the Black Hills in 1874?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)