|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Part 4 : Chapter 1, 1873 & 1874.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which regiment stages a mutiny against Custer in Texas?
(a) 2nd Kansas Cavalry.
(b) 1st Texas Cavalry.
(c) 4th Colorado Cavalry.
(d) 2nd Wisconsin Cavalry.
2. Who are the "loafers" referred to in Chapter 9?
(a) Indians who intermarried with white settlers.
(b) Peaceful Indians who lived near and depended upon the fort.
(c) The men that Chivington chose at Sand Creek.
(d) A group of Crow Indians.
3. Who did Custer become an aide to in 1863?
(a) Brigadier General Alfred Pleasonton.
(b) General Joseph Hooker.
(c) President Lincoln.
(d) John Pelham.
4. According to Chapter 9, what white man does Crazy Horse develop a friendship with?
(a) William O. Collins.
(b) Joseph Smith.
(c) Caspar Collins.
(d) Jedidiah Smith.
5. Who killed Captain Fetterman?
(b) Captain Brown.
(c) Fetterman killed himself.
(d) Crazy Horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the last five months of 1866, how many times did the Sioux attack Fort Phil Kearny?
2. Who is George Bent?
3. Who went along with Crazy Horse on night time raids of the settlers in Chapter 9?
4. What river takes the Custer party to Alexandria?
5. What was the first banking house to fail in 1873?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)