|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Part 4 : Chapter 1, 1873 & 1874.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 20, who makes the statement that if he were Indian, he would prefer to live on the open plains instead of a reservation?
2. According to the author, who has written the definitive biography of George Custer?
(a) Carol Gluck.
(b) George Bent.
(c) Jay Monaghan.
(d) Ken Burns.
3. What did Custer have his photo taken with in the Black Hills?
(a) Band of Oglalas with the Red Cloud Agency.
(b) Inyan Kara.
(c) Grizzly bear.
(d) Two elk.
4. Who says, "Crazy Horse always led his men himself when they went into battle, and he kept well in front of them"?
(a) Eleanor Hinman.
(b) Bad Heart Bull.
(c) He Dog.
5. Who did Custer meet on Thanksgiving evening in 1862?
(a) Fanny Fifield.
(b) Issac Christiancy.
(c) Elizabeth Bacon.
(d) Mary Holland.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the author credit with giving Custer his first big break in Chapter 10?
2. When do Custer and Crazy Horse first fight in the same battle?
3. Which railroad originated in California?
4. One of the boys who listened to Crazy Horse tell stories became a famous holy man. Who was it?
5. What bad news did Custer receive on January 31, 1866?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)