|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Part 4 : Chapter 1, 1873 & 1874.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Custer become an aide to in 1863?
(a) John Pelham.
(b) General Joseph Hooker.
(c) Brigadier General Alfred Pleasonton.
(d) President Lincoln.
2. According to Chapter 9, what white man does Crazy Horse develop a friendship with?
(a) Joseph Smith.
(b) Caspar Collins.
(c) Jedidiah Smith.
(d) William O. Collins.
3. Along what trail did the army plan to build a fort in 1866?
(d) Santa Fe.
4. Carrington read the Bible every morning in what languages?
(a) French or Greek.
(b) Latin or English.
(c) Greek or Hebrew.
(d) Spanish or Latin.
5. What did Sitting Bull do with much of the money earned at Buffalo Bill Cody's Wild West Show?
(a) Bought things with it.
(b) Sent it to his family.
(c) Spent it on horses.
(d) Gave it to poor children.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chapter 20, what two Sioux leaders were jealous of each other?
2. What was Carrington's Achilles' heel?
3. Why says in Chapter 18, "There are not many joyous people here"?
4. What did Crazy Horse "do for a living" according to Chapter 8?
5. According to Chapter 13, what was the first financial offer that the government made to Plains tribes?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)