|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Part 4 : Chapter 1, 1873 & 1874.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Oglalas call the road that the settlers knew as "The Oregon Trail"?
(a) The White Man's Road.
(b) The Holy Road.
(c) The Solder's Trail.
(d) Laramie Trail.
2. What did Custer have his photo taken with in the Black Hills?
(a) Grizzly bear.
(b) Band of Oglalas with the Red Cloud Agency.
(c) Inyan Kara.
(d) Two elk.
3. What did Crazy Horse "do for a living" according to Chapter 8?
(c) Make war.
(d) Serve as a chief.
4. In Chapter 19, who is mentioned as being "drunk nearly all the time"?
(a) Gary Owen.
(b) Charley Agard.
(c) Harry Reynolds.
(d) Fred Grant.
5. Who was placed in charge of the Department of the Mississippi?
(a) Colonel Carrington.
(b) Major General Sherman.
(c) Colonel Taylor.
(d) General Tecumseh.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Custer to accompany on his first post-Civil War assignment?
2. Which Native American scout remained with Custer as he first entered the Black Hills in 1874?
3. What book is Custer reading in Chapter 19?
4. What political party did Custer officially endorse in 1866?
5. Along what trail did the army plan to build a fort in 1866?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)