|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Part 4 : Chapter 1, 1873 & 1874.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was placed in charge of the Department of the Mississippi?
(a) Major General Sherman.
(b) Colonel Taylor.
(c) General Tecumseh.
(d) Colonel Carrington.
2. Who says, "Crazy Horse always led his men himself when they went into battle, and he kept well in front of them"?
(a) Bad Heart Bull.
(b) Eleanor Hinman.
(c) He Dog.
3. According to Chapter 9, what white man does Crazy Horse develop a friendship with?
(a) Jedidiah Smith.
(b) Caspar Collins.
(c) William O. Collins.
(d) Joseph Smith.
4. Where did Crazy Horse mourn his daughter's death for three days and nights?
(a) Black Hills.
(b) Crow Country.
(c) Powder River.
(d) Shoshoni country.
5. What did Custer have his photo taken with in the Black Hills?
(a) Grizzly bear.
(b) Band of Oglalas with the Red Cloud Agency.
(c) Inyan Kara.
(d) Two elk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Custer to accompany on his first post-Civil War assignment?
2. What river takes the Custer party to Alexandria?
3. In Chapter 20, who makes the statement that if he were Indian, he would prefer to live on the open plains instead of a reservation?
4. What did the Oglalas call the road that the settlers knew as "The Oregon Trail"?
5. Who killed Captain Fetterman?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)