Book 1, The Beginning : Chapter 1, Intro & First 4 Chapters
1. At what ages did Custer and Crazy Horse become recognized leaders?
(a) 24 and 25.
(b) 23 and 24.
(c) 29 and 30.
(d) 22 and 23.
2. How many times during their lives did Crazy Horse and Custer come in contact with each other?
(a) Four times.
(b) Two times.
(d) One time.
3. During the time period of this book, what trees were common along streams on the Great Plains ?
4. What element of the weather do the Plains and the seashore share?
(a) High wind velocity.
(b) Warm, muggy temperatures.
(c) Limited rainfall.
(d) Lack of snow.
5. Who reported buffalo "as far as the eye could reach the country seemed blackened by innumerable herds"?
(a) Captain Benjamin Bonneville.
(b) George Armstrong Custer.
(c) The father of Crazy Horse.
(d) Francis Parkman.
6. What was the estimated number of buffalo on the Great Plains in the nineteenth century?
(a) 2.5 million.
(c) 75 million.
(d) 25 million.
7. What was the last major tribe pushed onto the Plains by military defeats with other tribes?
This section contains 3,791 words
(approx. 13 pages at 300 words per page)