|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Why Being Less Bad is No Good.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the Titanic a good metaphor for the industrial age?
(a) The Titanic is as big and successful as the industrial age.
(b) Both the Titanic and the industrial age appear to be a promising endeavor but are doomed to fail in the end.
(c) The Titanic is as productive and efficient as the industrial age.
(d) Both the Titanic and the industrial age are symbols of strength.
2. What do the authors mean by designing products for worst-case scenarios?
(a) Making products that are recyclable.
(b) Making products so that they work in the most difficult of circumstances.
(c) Making products so that they never wear out.
(d) Making products that work only in ideal circumstances.
3. Who writes Silent Spring?
(a) William Shakespeare.
(b) Charles Dickens.
(c) Susan Sontag.
(d) Rachel Carson.
4. Where does Bill go to study?
(a) New York.
5. What is a monoculture?
(a) A crop that is superior to other crops.
(b) Multiple crops grown in a single area.
(c) A single crop grown year after year in the area.
(d) A crop that is more environmentally friendly than other crops.
Short Answer Questions
1. All of the following are problems presented by monoculture crops, except which statement?
2. Which words best describe the focus of production in factories during the Industrial Revolution?
3. Which chemical is forbidden to use in the United States in rubber products?
4. What is the problem with recycling as we know it?
5. What happens when garbage is incinerated?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)