|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Question of Design.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What material is this book made out of?
(a) A non-toxic styrofoam.
(b) An easily recycled polymer.
(c) Recycled plastic bags.
(d) Recycled paper.
2. What health problems can be caused by high levels of contaminants in a normal household?
(a) Heart attack.
(b) Asthma and allergies.
(c) Liver and brain cancer.
3. What is the authors' point in opening the introduction by discussing common household products?
(a) Commonplace objects appear safe but are very dangerous once they are waste in the environment.
(b) Household objects are dangerous because they are very flammable.
(c) Commonplace objects are dangerous for children.
(d) Cleaning products are very dangerous in and out of the home.
4. Which words best describe the focus of production in factories during the Industrial Revolution?
(a) Laborious and costly.
(b) Slow and careful.
(c) Expensive and technical.
(d) Quick and cheap.
5. What does Bill find inspiring about the environment that he grows up in?
(a) Everywhere there are many beautiful and well-designed items.
(b) He eats many recyclable foods.
(c) He learns from many famous mathematicians.
(d) The environment is dirty and polluted.
Short Answer Questions
1. All of the following are problems presented by monoculture crops, except which statement?
2. What do the authors claim is the key problem in recycling products?
3. What phrase do the authors use to describe the attitude during the Industrial Revolution?
4. When and where do Bill and Michael meet?
5. What does Bill finally realize about design?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)