|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Question of Design.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is goat hair a good material for the Bedouin tents?
(a) Because Bedouins like tents that are heavy.
(b) Because Bedouins have a constant source of this environmentally friendly material.
(c) Because Bedouins hate goats.
(d) Because goat hair is a good insulator but hard to find.
2. What does Bill find inspiring about the environment that he grows up in?
(a) The environment is dirty and polluted.
(b) Everywhere there are many beautiful and well-designed items.
(c) He learns from many famous mathematicians.
(d) He eats many recyclable foods.
3. Which chemical is forbidden to use in the United States in rubber products?
4. Why is the Titanic a good metaphor for the industrial age?
(a) The Titanic is as productive and efficient as the industrial age.
(b) Both the Titanic and the industrial age are symbols of strength.
(c) The Titanic is as big and successful as the industrial age.
(d) Both the Titanic and the industrial age appear to be a promising endeavor but are doomed to fail in the end.
5. How does the Exxon Valdez oil spill result in an economic advantage to some companies?
(a) Chemical companies decrease sales in cleaning products.
(b) Local citizen groups raise money by helping with the clean up.
(c) Companies that invest in Exxon Valdez increase profits.
(d) Companies that are associated with the cleanup process increase profits.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way are chemicals not harmful to human health?
2. Who should be responsible for creating products that support the Earth?
3. All of the following are problems presented by monoculture crops, except which statement?
4. What is the goal of Bill and Michael's new company?
5. Which product is NOT considered dangerous in the environment?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)