|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Introduction, This Book is Not a Tree.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the owner of Ciba-Geigy encourage Michael to do?
(a) Get an education in manufacturing and work for Ciba-Geigy.
(b) Move to the U.S.
(c) Work for the Environmental Protection Agency.
(d) Find a real job.
2. What do the authors claim is the key problem in recycling products?
(a) More people prefer new products to recycled ones.
(b) The chemicals used in recycling are consumer-friendly.
(c) More chemicals and energy must be used in recycling products than in creating new ones.
(d) The energy spent in recycling is always decreasing.
3. Which product is NOT considered dangerous in the environment?
(a) A computer.
(b) Coffee grounds.
(c) Printer toner.
(d) A chair.
4. What is ecological chemistry?
(a) The exploitation of natural chemicals in manufacturing.
(b) The development or use of chemicals that are safe for the environment.
(c) The study of toxic chemicals produced by animals.
(d) The use of chemicals that are dangerous to humans but good for the environment.
5. What does Bill finally realize about design?
(a) That it is an impossible task.
(b) That it is a poor business if you want to make money.
(c) That it is the wrong career for him.
(d) That it is more than trying to overcome bad things.
Short Answer Questions
1. What material is this book made out of?
2. What is the authors' point for why import laws need to be changed?
3. What statement best describes how the authors feel about consumerism?
4. What does Bill find inspiring about the environment that he grows up in?
5. What does Michael chose for a professional career?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)