|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Question of Design.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an alternative solution to using International Style for home design?
(a) Design using old materials that can be recycled.
(b) Design using new materials and resources.
(c) Design using local resources and products.
(d) Design using newer technology for design.
2. What do the authors claim is the key problem in recycling products?
(a) More people prefer new products to recycled ones.
(b) More chemicals and energy must be used in recycling products than in creating new ones.
(c) The chemicals used in recycling are consumer-friendly.
(d) The energy spent in recycling is always decreasing.
3. In what way are chemicals not harmful to human health?
(a) They can change our genetic structure.
(b) They can be developed to have a positive environmental effect.
(c) They can weaken the immune system.
(d) They can be cancer-causing.
4. What phrase do the authors use to describe the attitude during the Industrial Revolution?
(a) Grave to cradle.
(b) Cradle to cradle.
(c) Cradle to grave.
(d) Grave to grave.
5. Which chemical is forbidden to use in the United States in rubber products?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the problem with recycling as we know it?
2. What is an example of Bill and Michael's unique ideas for design?
3. All of the following are problems presented by monoculture crops, except which statement?
4. What is Bill's occupation?
5. Which products are the best examples of the brute force mentality?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)