|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Question of Design.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is an example of Bill and Michael's unique ideas for design?
(a) A chair made entirely of wood products.
(b) A computer that runs on refillable corn oil fuel.
(c) A biodegradable soda bottle with a seed implanted in it.
(d) A miniature solar panel that can power an entire house.
2. Why is goat hair a good material for the Bedouin tents?
(a) Because Bedouins like tents that are heavy.
(b) Because Bedouins hate goats.
(c) Because goat hair is a good insulator but hard to find.
(d) Because Bedouins have a constant source of this environmentally friendly material.
3. What is the problem with recycling as we know it?
(a) Recycling means using the materials in a way they were not intended.
(b) Recycling means using inferior products.
(c) Recycling means losing more money to better technology.
(d) Recycling means eating old food.
4. What words best describe the environment that Michael grows up in?
5. Approximately how many chemicals have been studied for their health effects?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who should be responsible for creating products that support the Earth?
2. When can PVC, a commonly used plastic in children's playground equipment, be toxic?
3. Which of the following statements is NOT true about the Industrial Revolution?
4. The Industrial Revolution functions on the idea of brute force. What is meant by this phrase as used by the authors?
5. What is ecological chemistry?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)