|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Question of Design.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who should be responsible for creating products that support the Earth?
(b) Designers and manufacturers.
2. When can PVC, a commonly used plastic in children's playground equipment, be toxic?
(a) When heated to high temperatures.
(b) When frequently touched or rubbed on the skin.
(c) When consumed.
(d) When exposed to carbon dioxide.
3. What is the general definition of "sick building syndrome"?
(a) A disease characterized by high fever.
(b) A condition where the heart cannot function properly because of a high level of emotional stress.
(c) A syndrome that causes dizziness when indoors every day.
(d) A wide range of immunologic responses to the environment like asthma and allergies.
4. What do the authors mean by designing products for worst-case scenarios?
(a) Making products that work only in ideal circumstances.
(b) Making products so that they work in the most difficult of circumstances.
(c) Making products that are recyclable.
(d) Making products so that they never wear out.
5. What is a potential problem associated with pesticide and herbicide use?
(a) Their chemicals can be recycled.
(b) Their gases can be very explosive.
(c) Their production is very cheap.
(d) Their toxins build up in the environment.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following statements is NOT true about the Industrial Revolution?
2. Which words best describe the focus of production in factories during the Industrial Revolution?
3. What do the authors claim is the key problem in recycling products?
4. Why would designers create products that wear out in a certain amount of time?
5. What is problematic about the attitude of design and production during the Industrial Revolution?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)