|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through A Question of Design.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What product do the authors use as an example of designing for specific instead of general use?
2. Which statement is the best explanation for why sports shoes are produced outside the U.S.?
(a) There are no regulations on quality production.
(b) Countries outside the U.S. have a higher demand for sports shoes.
(c) There is less regulation on toxic fumes in the countries where they are produced.
(d) Countries outside the U.S. have better technology to produce sportswear.
3. Why would designers create products that wear out in a certain amount of time?
(a) So that factories never had to change products.
(b) So that they did not have to close factories.
(c) So that landfills did not get too full.
(d) So that consumers would have to continue to purchase new products.
4. In what way are chemicals not harmful to human health?
(a) They can weaken the immune system.
(b) They can be developed to have a positive environmental effect.
(c) They can be cancer-causing.
(d) They can change our genetic structure.
5. What are some unique properties of ink used in printing this book?
(a) The ink itself is recyclable.
(b) The ink is made with new color technology.
(c) The ink is made in the U.S.
(d) The ink itself is nontoxic and easy to wash off with nontoxic chemicals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which statement best describes the general goal of the Industrial Revolution?
2. What word do the authors use as a realistic alternative to the word "recycling"?
3. Which words best describe how people view nature during the Industrial Revolution?
4. What does Bill find inspiring about the environment that he grows up in?
5. What is a monoculture?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)