|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Bobby suggest putting the explosives against the glass?
2. What happens to Jackie while Bobby is held up?
3. What must Turner do before he can think of his next move?
4. Who is responsible for Alain's death?
5. Why does the coffee girl initially refuse to serve Turner?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Turner finally meet Samedi?
2. What convinces Bobby to move to the Projects?
3. Why does Jackie become responsible for Bobby?
4. Why does Marly decide against her connecting flight?
5. How does Turner explain the situation his brother Rudy is in?
6. How does Angela explain the implant in her head?
7. How does Marly find out her contract is finished?
8. What happens when Bobby and Jackie use Jammer's deck?
9. What does Roberts think of Isham's protege?
10. What does the box maker think of Virek's plans?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose two of the following characters and discuss how the narrative would be affected if they were left out.
Essay Topic 2
In what way is wealth a constant theme throughout the book? In what way does wealth affect the characters in the book? How does this express the author's views on wealth?
Essay Topic 3
What is the role of the cyberspace gods? How does Gibson characterize them? Why are they characterized? What are their motives? Do they differ from the human characters in the book?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)