|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first aid kit full of?
2. What did Turner think could save his mother?
3. Why is Marly so frightened of the spacesuit?
4. Where does Sally's boy get his red hair from?
5. Which tape does Marly choose to watch?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bobby's not tell the others?
2. How does Turner learn of Rudy's death?
3. What does Roberts think of Isham's protege?
4. How does the presence of Angie affect Bobby?
5. Why does Jackie become responsible for Bobby?
6. What does the box maker think of Virek's plans?
7. What does Mitchell uncover in Mitchell's dossier?
8. How does Angela explain the implant in her head?
9. Why does Marly decide against her connecting flight?
10. How does Turner finally meet Samedi?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose a character and examine their lives at the start of the book. Compare this to how they have changed by the end of the story. What motivates these changes?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story? Do you think the author's style suits the narrative?
Essay Topic 3
At the end of the book, Bobby decides to leave Barrytown and go live in the Projects. Why would he want to live there? How different would his life be?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)