|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of Rudy's vehicles does Turner find most interesting?
2. What is Lucas' profession?
3. Why does the coffee girl initially refuse to serve Turner?
4. What language do the voodoo gods speak?
5. What happens to Jackie while Bobby is held up?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is everyone surprised to see Beauvoir?
2. What leads to Marly leaving Paco?
3. How does Marly finally meet God?
4. How does Marly find out her contract is finished?
5. Why does Jackie become responsible for Bobby?
6. What is the significance of the Finn not answering his phone?
7. What happens when Bobby and Jackie use Jammer's deck?
8. How does Turner finally meet Samedi?
9. What is the significance of the coordinates Rez and Marly are traveling to?
10. Why does Marly decide against her connecting flight?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story? Do you think the author's style suits the narrative?
Essay Topic 2
At the end of the book, Bobby decides to leave Barrytown and go live in the Projects. Why would he want to live there? How different would his life be?
Essay Topic 3
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)