|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the boy not allowed to shoot the squirrels?
2. Why is Isham drinking retsina?
3. What incriminating information does Turner uncover from Mitchell's dossier?
4. Who intercepts Bobby and Jackie on their way to Yakuza?
5. Who will help guide Turner after the hovercraft crashes out of fuel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the box maker think of Virek's plans?
2. How does Virek finally die?
3. What does Roberts think of Isham's protege?
4. Why does Marly decide against her connecting flight?
5. What does Turner realize is not always true?
6. How does Turner explain the situation his brother Rudy is in?
7. How significant is Jammer's connection with the Yakuza?
8. How does the presence of Angie affect Bobby?
9. What clue does Jones reveal about the purpose of the biosoft?
10. How does Marly finally meet God?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What ambitions does Bobby have in common with today's youth? What motivates Bobby in his actions? In what way would Bobby act differently if brought up in present time?
Essay Topic 2
What do the squirrels in the wood near Turner's family home symbolize? How is this metaphor used to develop the book's themes and evolution of each character?
Essay Topic 3
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)