|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Paco's spy hear Marly talking to herself?
2. Who runs the club at the top of Hypermart?
3. What is Virek's lie to Marly?
4. How does Marly bruise herself?
5. How many floors are there in Hypermart?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of the Finn not answering his phone?
2. How does Marly finally meet God?
3. What does Bobby's not tell the others?
4. What clue does Jones reveal about the purpose of the biosoft?
5. How does Marly find out her contract is finished?
6. How does Angela explain the implant in her head?
7. What is the significance of the coordinates Rez and Marly are traveling to?
8. What does the box maker think of Virek's plans?
9. How does Turner explain the situation his brother Rudy is in?
10. How does the presence of Angie affect Bobby?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the differences between Turner and Rudy. How different are their lives and what choices may have affected this? What are their strengths and weaknesses as individuals? In what way is this relationship used to develop the themes of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Choose a character and examine their lives at the start of the book. Compare this to how they have changed by the end of the story. What motivates these changes?
Essay Topic 3
If the book were made into a film, how would Gibson's style of narrative be reflected in film? Would the book make a good film?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)