|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the light so bright in the chamber?
2. Who intercepts Bobby and Jackie on their way to Yakuza?
3. Which of Rudy's vehicles does Turner find most interesting?
4. Where is Ashpool originally from?
5. Which artist is responsible for Europe After The Rains?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is the Wig so concerned with the presence of God? What message is Gibson trying to convey with the Wig's character? Is the Wig successful in his spiritual pursuits? How do his beliefs affect his relationships with the other characters?
Essay Topic 2
What do the squirrels in the wood near Turner's family home symbolize? How is this metaphor used to develop the book's themes and evolution of each character?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Gibson's depiction of the character Josef Virek. How does Gibson characterize Virek? What goals does Virek have to achieve? How close does Virek get to achieving these goals?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)