|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Angie born?
2. What must Turner do before he can think of his next move?
3. Why is the boy not allowed to shoot the squirrels?
4. What is Virek's lie to Marly?
5. Where does Turner decide Angie should go?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mitchell uncover in Mitchell's dossier?
2. How does the presence of Angie affect Bobby?
3. How does Turner finally meet Samedi?
4. How significant is Jammer's connection with the Yakuza?
5. Why is everyone surprised to see Beauvoir?
6. How does Marly find out her contract is finished?
7. What leads to Marly leaving Paco?
8. How does Angela explain the implant in her head?
9. What does Turner realize is not always true?
10. What does the box maker think of Virek's plans?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose a character and examine their lives at the start of the book. Compare this to how they have changed by the end of the story. What motivates these changes?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Gibson's depiction of the character Josef Virek. How does Gibson characterize Virek? What goals does Virek have to achieve? How close does Virek get to achieving these goals?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme.
2. Point of view
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)