|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jaylene not know about Jammer's deck?
2. What incriminating information does Turner uncover from Mitchell's dossier?
3. What causes Turner to frown?
4. Where can Marly pick up her salary?
5. Why is Isham drinking retsina?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Marly decide against her connecting flight?
2. What does the box maker think of Virek's plans?
3. How does Angela explain the implant in her head?
4. What does Turner realize is not always true?
5. How does the presence of Angie affect Bobby?
6. How does Turner explain the situation his brother Rudy is in?
7. What clue does Jones reveal about the purpose of the biosoft?
8. What does Roberts think of Isham's protege?
9. How does Turner finally meet Samedi?
10. What convinces Bobby to move to the Projects?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way is wealth a constant theme throughout the book? In what way does wealth affect the characters in the book? How does this express the author's views on wealth?
Essay Topic 2
What is the role of the cyberspace gods? How does Gibson characterize them? Why are they characterized? What are their motives? Do they differ from the human characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
If the book were made into a film, how would Gibson's style of narrative be reflected in film? Would the book make a good film?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)