|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who intercepts Bobby and Jackie on their way to Yakuza?
2. Who will help guide Turner after the hovercraft crashes out of fuel?
3. What does Jones' tattoo suggest about his past?
4. What did Turner think could save his mother?
5. What is the commercial value of the old Ashpool cores?
Essay Topic 1
What do the squirrels in the wood near Turner's family home symbolize? How is this metaphor used to develop the book's themes and evolution of each character?
Essay Topic 2
What is the role of the cyberspace gods? How does Gibson characterize them? Why are they characterized? What are their motives? Do they differ from the human characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)