|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Virek think Bobby should recognize him?
2. Why is Isham drinking retsina?
3. Who is said never to forget?
4. How did Paco's spy hear Marly talking to herself?
5. Who built the custom deck for Jammer?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Virek finally die?
2. What is the significance of the Finn not answering his phone?
3. How does Marly find out her contract is finished?
4. How does Turner learn of Rudy's death?
5. What does Turner realize is not always true?
6. What leads to Marly leaving Paco?
7. What does Roberts think of Isham's protege?
8. How does Jammer explain the beings in cyberspace?
9. What convinces Bobby to move to the Projects?
10. Why does Marly decide against her connecting flight?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose two of the following characters and discuss how the narrative would be affected if they were left out.
Essay Topic 2
What is the role of the cyberspace gods? How does Gibson characterize them? Why are they characterized? What are their motives? Do they differ from the human characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)