|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the light so bright in the chamber?
2. How does Marly bruise herself?
3. Why are Paco and Virek attacked?
4. What is Virek's lie to Marly?
5. What is wrong with Jones's suit?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Marly finally meet God?
2. What is the significance of the Finn not answering his phone?
3. How does Turner explain the situation his brother Rudy is in?
4. How significant is Jammer's connection with the Yakuza?
5. How does Jammer explain the beings in cyberspace?
6. What clue does Jones reveal about the purpose of the biosoft?
7. What leads to Marly leaving Paco?
8. How does Marly find out her contract is finished?
9. Why does Marly decide against her connecting flight?
10. How does Turner learn of Rudy's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Gibson depict corporations in the book? How does today's society currently perceive corporations? Do you think that Gibson's vision of future corporations is possible?
Essay Topic 2
What is the relationship between Turner and Rudy?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the narrative's setting. How does it differ from the world of today? How does the author express these differences? What might have been different in the book if it had been written today?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)