|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What language do the voodoo gods speak?
2. Who is revealed to have hired the Kasual and Gothicks outside Jammer's?
3. What is the commercial value of the old Ashpool cores?
4. Why will Bobby be jacking in alone?
5. What will happen if Wig does not allow Paco in?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Turner learn of Rudy's death?
2. How does Virek finally die?
3. Why is everyone surprised to see Beauvoir?
4. What is the significance of the coordinates Rez and Marly are traveling to?
5. What leads to Marly leaving Paco?
6. What clue does Jones reveal about the purpose of the biosoft?
7. Why does Marly decide against her connecting flight?
8. What happens when Bobby and Jackie use Jammer's deck?
9. What does Turner realize is not always true?
10. What convinces Bobby to move to the Projects?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the differences between Turner and Rudy. How different are their lives and what choices may have affected this? What are their strengths and weaknesses as individuals? In what way is this relationship used to develop the themes of the book?
Essay Topic 2
What is the role of the cyberspace gods? How does Gibson characterize them? Why are they characterized? What are their motives? Do they differ from the human characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Choose two of the following characters and discuss how the narrative would be affected if they were left out.
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)