|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is revealed to have hired the Kasual and Gothicks outside Jammer's?
2. What will happen if Wig does not allow Paco in?
3. Which part of the news recap is of most significance to Bobby?
4. Why is Marly so frightened of the spacesuit?
5. Who finally takes care of Conroy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Marly decide against her connecting flight?
2. How does the presence of Angie affect Bobby?
3. What leads to Marly leaving Paco?
4. What is the significance of the Finn not answering his phone?
5. What convinces Bobby to move to the Projects?
6. What does Turner realize is not always true?
7. How does Turner finally meet Samedi?
8. What is the significance of the coordinates Rez and Marly are traveling to?
9. What does Roberts think of Isham's protege?
10. What does Bobby's not tell the others?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the differences between Turner and Rudy. How different are their lives and what choices may have affected this? What are their strengths and weaknesses as individuals? In what way is this relationship used to develop the themes of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story? Do you think the author's style suits the narrative?
Essay Topic 3
In what way is wealth a constant theme throughout the book? In what way does wealth affect the characters in the book? How does this express the author's views on wealth?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)