|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is said never to forget?
2. What always makes Jones sad?
3. Why does Jammer pull the plug on Conroy and Turner's negotiation?
4. Why is Isham drinking retsina?
5. Why does Turner set the craft down at the old gas station?
Short Essay Questions
1. What clue does Jones reveal about the purpose of the biosoft?
2. What does Roberts think of Isham's protege?
3. How does Turner finally meet Samedi?
4. What leads to Marly leaving Paco?
5. How does Marly finally meet God?
6. How does Jammer explain the beings in cyberspace?
7. How does Turner explain the situation his brother Rudy is in?
8. What does Bobby's not tell the others?
9. Why does Jackie become responsible for Bobby?
10. Why does Marly decide against her connecting flight?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story? Do you think the author's style suits the narrative?
Essay Topic 2
Choose two of the following characters and discuss how the narrative would be affected if they were left out.
Essay Topic 3
What is the role of the cyberspace gods? How does Gibson characterize them? Why are they characterized? What are their motives? Do they differ from the human characters in the book?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)