Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who intercepts Bobby and Jackie on their way to Yakuza?
2. Who will help guide Turner after the hovercraft crashes out of fuel?
3. What does Jones' tattoo suggest about his past?
4. What did Turner think could save his mother?
5. What is the commercial value of the old Ashpool cores?
Essay Topic 1
How does the author use different characters to drive the narrative? Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the narrative's structure express the book's themes?
Essay Topic 2
Compare the differences between Turner and Rudy. How different are their lives and what choices may have affected this? What are their strengths and weaknesses as individuals? In what way is this relationship used to develop the themes of the book?
Essay Topic 3
What do the squirrels in the wood near Turner's family home symbolize? How is this metaphor used to develop the book's themes and evolution of each character?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)