|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who runs the club at the top of Hypermart?
2. How old does Angie reveal herself to be?
3. Why is the boy not allowed to shoot the squirrels?
4. Where is Turner's agent?
5. Who is revealed to have hired the Kasual and Gothicks outside Jammer's?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Marly find out her contract is finished?
2. What leads to Marly leaving Paco?
3. How does Turner learn of Rudy's death?
4. How does the presence of Angie affect Bobby?
5. What clue does Jones reveal about the purpose of the biosoft?
6. Why is everyone surprised to see Beauvoir?
7. What does Mitchell uncover in Mitchell's dossier?
8. How does Jammer explain the beings in cyberspace?
9. What does the box maker think of Virek's plans?
10. How does Turner explain the situation his brother Rudy is in?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Gibson depict corporations in the book? How does today's society currently perceive corporations? Do you think that Gibson's vision of future corporations is possible?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story? Do you think the author's style suits the narrative?
Essay Topic 3
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)