|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Paco's spy hear Marly talking to herself?
2. Where does Sally's boy get his red hair from?
3. Which part of the news recap is of most significance to Bobby?
4. Why is Marly so frightened of the spacesuit?
5. Who is revealed to have hired the Kasual and Gothicks outside Jammer's?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mitchell uncover in Mitchell's dossier?
2. What does the box maker think of Virek's plans?
3. What does Roberts think of Isham's protege?
4. What clue does Jones reveal about the purpose of the biosoft?
5. How does Marly finally meet God?
6. How significant is Jammer's connection with the Yakuza?
7. How does Virek finally die?
8. How does Turner finally meet Samedi?
9. Why does Marly decide against her connecting flight?
10. What does Turner realize is not always true?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare the differences between Turner and Rudy. How different are their lives and what choices may have affected this? What are their strengths and weaknesses as individuals? In what way is this relationship used to develop the themes of the book?
Essay Topic 2
What do the squirrels in the wood near Turner's family home symbolize? How is this metaphor used to develop the book's themes and evolution of each character?
Essay Topic 3
At the end of the book, Bobby decides to leave Barrytown and go live in the Projects. Why would he want to live there? How different would his life be?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)