|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are Turner's new eyes?
2. How is Turner planning to get into the mesatop to extract Mitchell unnoticed?
3. Where can you buy a neural cutout?
4. What weapon is believed to have destroyed Turner's site in Arizona?
5. Why is Mexico City a good place to take Mitchell?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Bobby's family like?
2. What package does Marly receive?
3. What does Finn reveal about the three ninjas?
4. What happened to the wealth of the Tessier-Ashpool clan?
5. What does Lucas mean when he calls Jackie a horse?
6. How is Paco introduced?
7. What advantage does the medic from the black clinics of Chiba have?
8. What is the significance of the Maas cyberdeck?
9. What opinion does Paco have of Alain?
10. What is the significance of the academic book Andrea's company is publishing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author use different characters to drive the narrative? Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the narrative's structure express the book's themes?
Essay Topic 2
What ambitions does Bobby have in common with today's youth? What motivates Bobby in his actions? In what way would Bobby act differently if brought up in present time?
Essay Topic 3
What do the squirrels in the wood near Turner's family home symbolize? How is this metaphor used to develop the book's themes and evolution of each character?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)