|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Rue du Champ Fleuri known for?
2. What does Andrea suspect motivates Alain's attempts to contact Marly?
3. Why is the escape plan so flawed?
4. What is Paco summoned to present to Marly?
5. What is the trademark on Marly's flashlight?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Turner's instincts tell him about Lynch?
2. How does Turner finally meet Samedi?
3. What leads to Marly leaving Paco?
4. What opinion does Paco have of Alain?
5. What advantage does the medic from the black clinics of Chiba have?
6. How do Rudy and Turner get along?
7. What does Conroy want?
8. Why are there shrimp and catfish grown in the building?
9. What is the significance of the Finn not answering his phone?
10. How does Virek finally die?
Essay Topic 1
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
The story is written along three different narrative lines, each from the point of view of a different character. Why do you think Gibson chose to write the story this way? How do you think the story would of changed if it was written from only one perspective?
Essay Topic 3
Compare the differences between Turner and Rudy. How different are their lives and what choices may have affected this? What are their strengths and weaknesses as individuals? In what way is this relationship used to develop the themes of the book?
This section contains 1,295 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)