Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Rue du Champ Fleuri known for?
2. What does Andrea suspect motivates Alain's attempts to contact Marly?
3. Why is the escape plan so flawed?
4. What is Paco summoned to present to Marly?
5. What is the trademark on Marly's flashlight?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Turner's instincts tell him about Lynch?
2. How does Turner finally meet Samedi?
3. What leads to Marly leaving Paco?
4. What opinion does Paco have of Alain?
5. What advantage does the medic from the black clinics of Chiba have?
6. How do Rudy and Turner get along?
7. What does Conroy want?
8. Why are there shrimp and catfish grown in the building?
9. What is the significance of the Finn not answering his phone?
10. How does Virek finally die?
Essay Topic 1
At the end of the book, Bobby decides to leave Barrytown and go live in the Projects. Why would he want to live there? How different would his life be?
Essay Topic 2
How does the author use different characters to drive the narrative? Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the narrative's structure express the book's themes?
Essay Topic 3
Examine Gibson's depiction of the character Josef Virek. How does Gibson characterize Virek? What goals does Virek have to achieve? How close does Virek get to achieving these goals?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)