|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Marly and Alain decide to meet?
2. What does the perfect alignment of the black boxes say about Ramirez?
3. What is the fastest thing in the matrix?
4. What manner of transport befits a count?
5. What is the name of the yacht?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lucas mean when he calls Jackie a horse?
2. How is Paco introduced?
3. How is the Wig introduced?
4. What danger is Marly in?
5. What opinion does Paco have of Alain?
6. What role will the medics play?
7. How do Lucas and Beauvoir describe their beliefs to Bobby?
8. What secret does Andrea reveal?
9. Why are there shrimp and catfish grown in the building?
10. How do Turner and Allison meet?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the narrative's setting. How does it differ from the world of today? How does the author express these differences? What might have been different in the book if it had been written today?
Essay Topic 2
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
The story is written along three different narrative lines, each from the point of view of a different character. Why do you think Gibson chose to write the story this way? How do you think the story would of changed if it was written from only one perspective?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)