|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Turner suspect Harry and Lynch have in common?
2. What is Paco summoned to present to Marly?
3. Where does Picard tell Marly the box is from?
4. How long is a New York minute?
5. Which accent does Sutcliffe seem to have?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Rudy and Turner get along?
2. What happened to the wealth of the Tessier-Ashpool clan?
3. What do Turner's instincts tell him about Lynch?
4. How do Turner and Allison meet?
5. Why is Marly surprised Virek is trying to hire her?
6. How does Bobby pull a Wilson?
7. What role will the medics play?
8. What happens at Leon's?
9. What is Bobby's relationship to Two-a-Day?
10. What does Angela reveal about the escape plan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
How does the author use different characters to drive the narrative? Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the narrative's structure express the book's themes?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story? Do you think the author's style suits the narrative?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)