|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What were the first computers built to crack?
2. Who confesses to being Conroy's plant?
3. Why does Marly find the Japanese way of folding unique?
4. Where does the Korean think they will find Mitchell's lethal device?
5. What has a special vertigo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What secret does Andrea reveal?
2. What do Turner's instincts tell him about Lynch?
3. Why did Two-a-Day's choose the site for Bobby's run?
4. What does Finn reveal about the three ninjas?
5. What is Bobby's family like?
6. What is the significance of the Maas cyberdeck?
7. How does Bobby pull a Wilson?
8. What advantage does the medic from the black clinics of Chiba have?
9. How do Lucas and Beauvoir describe their beliefs to Bobby?
10. Why does Turner execute Lynch?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do the squirrels in the wood near Turner's family home symbolize? How is this metaphor used to develop the book's themes and evolution of each character?
Essay Topic 2
Do you think Bobby is naive and why? How does this impact on his relationships with the other characters?
Essay Topic 3
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)