|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How would Ougou Feray be known in street tech?
2. Where does Two-a-Day live?
3. Which accent does Sutcliffe seem to have?
4. What has a special vertigo?
5. What does Marly order to drink?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marly buy with her new found wealth?
2. What opinion does Paco have of Alain?
3. What does Conroy want?
4. What does Turner like about the extraction plan?
5. What are Marly's impressions of Virek?
6. How is the Wig introduced?
7. How does Bobby finally reach the Projects?
8. Where does Oakey know Turner from?
9. What is the significance of the academic book Andrea's company is publishing?
10. Why is Marly surprised Virek is trying to hire her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way is wealth a constant theme throughout the book? In what way does wealth affect the characters in the book? How does this express the author's views on wealth?
Essay Topic 2
How does the author use different characters to drive the narrative? Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the narrative's structure express the book's themes?
Essay Topic 3
What ambitions does Bobby have in common with today's youth? What motivates Bobby in his actions? In what way would Bobby act differently if brought up in present time?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)