|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What characterizes Black Ice?
2. Why is Mexico City a good place to take Mitchell?
3. What does Turner find hideous about machine dreams?
4. How long is a New York minute?
5. Who does Bobby rent his icebreaker from?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Marly notice for the first time on the way to Cafe Blanc?
2. How does Bobby pull a Wilson?
3. How do Lucas and Beauvoir describe their beliefs to Bobby?
4. What happens at Leon's?
5. What does Marly buy with her new found wealth?
6. What secret does Andrea reveal?
7. What does Lucas mean when he calls Jackie a horse?
8. How relevant is the information given to Marly by Picard?
9. What does Conroy want?
10. What danger is Marly in?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does the author use different characters to drive the narrative? Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the narrative's structure express the book's themes?
Essay Topic 2
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
In what way is wealth a constant theme throughout the book? In what way does wealth affect the characters in the book? How does this express the author's views on wealth?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)