|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Andrea suspect motivates Alain's attempts to contact Marly?
2. What does Turner believe he has too much of?
3. How much time does Virek give Marly to finish her assignment?
4. Where did Finn get the ice breaker he sold to Lucas and Beauvoir?
5. What is the name of the yacht?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bobby finally reach the Projects?
2. What danger is Marly in?
3. What does Marly notice for the first time on the way to Cafe Blanc?
4. How relevant is the information given to Marly by Picard?
5. How does Marly finally meet God?
6. What advantage does the medic from the black clinics of Chiba have?
7. What is Bobby's family like?
8. What convinces Bobby to move to the Projects?
9. What does Roberts think of Isham's protege?
10. Why is everyone surprised to see Beauvoir?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you think Bobby is naive and why? How does this impact on his relationships with the other characters?
Essay Topic 2
Why is the Wig so concerned with the presence of God? What message is Gibson trying to convey with the Wig's character? Is the Wig successful in his spiritual pursuits? How do his beliefs affect his relationships with the other characters?
Essay Topic 3
What do the squirrels in the wood near Turner's family home symbolize? How is this metaphor used to develop the book's themes and evolution of each character?
This section contains 1,304 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)