|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Virek hiring Marly for?
2. Who wears eyeglass frames?
3. At what point does Girlvoice intervene and save Bobby from the loop?
4. Where has Marly already met the waiter that tips her off?
5. Who knows black medicine from both Hosaka and Maas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Marly's impressions of Virek?
2. Why did Two-a-Day's choose the site for Bobby's run?
3. What does Finn reveal about the three ninjas?
4. What role will the medics play?
5. How does Bobby finally reach the Projects?
6. What do Turner's instincts tell him about Lynch?
7. How do Lucas and Beauvoir describe their beliefs to Bobby?
8. How does Bobby pull a Wilson?
9. What package does Marly receive?
10. How is Paco introduced?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the role of the cyberspace gods? How does Gibson characterize them? Why are they characterized? What are their motives? Do they differ from the human characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Examine Gibson's depiction of the character Josef Virek. How does Gibson characterize Virek? What goals does Virek have to achieve? How close does Virek get to achieving these goals?
Essay Topic 3
Choose a character and examine their lives at the start of the book. Compare this to how they have changed by the end of the story. What motivates these changes?
This section contains 652 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)