|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose forgery ruined Marly's business?
2. Where does Oakey recognize Turner from?
3. How does Bobby close his black pants?
4. What signifies the rising of the Honda?
5. Why is the escape plan so flawed?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are there shrimp and catfish grown in the building?
2. What happened to the wealth of the Tessier-Ashpool clan?
3. What theory do the two men have?
4. Why did Two-a-Day's choose the site for Bobby's run?
5. How do Lucas and Beauvoir describe their beliefs to Bobby?
6. How relevant is the information given to Marly by Picard?
7. What does Lucas mean when he calls Jackie a horse?
8. What do Turner's instincts tell him about Lynch?
9. Why is Marly surprised Virek is trying to hire her?
10. How does Bobby finally reach the Projects?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you think Bobby is naive and why? How does this impact on his relationships with the other characters?
Essay Topic 2
What ambitions does Bobby have in common with today's youth? What motivates Bobby in his actions? In what way would Bobby act differently if brought up in present time?
Essay Topic 3
What do the squirrels in the wood near Turner's family home symbolize? How is this metaphor used to develop the book's themes and evolution of each character?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)