|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which accent does Sutcliffe seem to have?
2. Who does Andrea think Marly should worry about the most?
3. Who confesses to being Conroy's plant?
4. What does Sense/Net give for free with a simstim subscription?
5. What soap is Marsha Newmark addicted to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Marly's impressions of Virek?
2. What danger is Marly in?
3. What does Marly notice for the first time on the way to Cafe Blanc?
4. How is the Wig introduced?
5. What happened to the wealth of the Tessier-Ashpool clan?
6. What does Angela reveal about the escape plan?
7. How does Bobby finally reach the Projects?
8. What is the significance of the Maas cyberdeck?
9. What is the real intent of Alain's meeting?
10. Where does Oakey know Turner from?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do the squirrels in the wood near Turner's family home symbolize? How is this metaphor used to develop the book's themes and evolution of each character?
Essay Topic 2
Why is the Wig so concerned with the presence of God? What message is Gibson trying to convey with the Wig's character? Is the Wig successful in his spiritual pursuits? How do his beliefs affect his relationships with the other characters?
Essay Topic 3
The story is written along three different narrative lines, each from the point of view of a different character. Why do you think Gibson chose to write the story this way? How do you think the story would of changed if it was written from only one perspective?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)