|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the Rue du Champ Fleuri known for?
2. What does Andrea suspect motivates Alain's attempts to contact Marly?
3. Why is the escape plan so flawed?
4. What is Paco summoned to present to Marly?
5. What is the trademark on Marly's flashlight?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Turner's instincts tell him about Lynch?
2. How does Turner finally meet Samedi?
3. What leads to Marly leaving Paco?
4. What opinion does Paco have of Alain?
5. What advantage does the medic from the black clinics of Chiba have?
6. How do Rudy and Turner get along?
7. What does Conroy want?
8. Why are there shrimp and catfish grown in the building?
9. What is the significance of the Finn not answering his phone?
10. How does Virek finally die?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the narrative's setting. How does it differ from the world of today? How does the author express these differences? What might have been different in the book if it had been written today?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story? Do you think the author's style suits the narrative?
Essay Topic 3
In what way is wealth a constant theme throughout the book? In what way does wealth affect the characters in the book? How does this express the author's views on wealth?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)