|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who first postulated that all chemical elements fall into eight families?
(a) Timothy Leary.
(c) Nikola Tesla.
(d) John Newland.
2. What pattern did conspiracy theorists find surrounding the assassinations of John F. Kennedy and Martin Luther King?
(a) A pattern of clues leading to Fidel Castro.
(b) A pattern of false trails and red herrings.
(c) A pattern of official investigations.
(d) A pattern of body doubles and disguises.
3. What is pranayama?
(a) A state of momentary world peace.
(b) Negative emotion.
(c) A yogic breathing method.
(d) A level of enlightenment.
4. What is the 7th brain circuit called?
(a) The neuro-atomic circuit.
(b) The neuroelectric circuit.
(c) The neurosomatic circuit.
(d) The neurogenetic circuit.
5. What does Wilson say is the unfortunate result of the suppression of scientific research into drugs?
(a) A boring society.
(b) An outlaw drug culture.
(c) Undiscovered drugs.
(d) A disrespect for law.
6. Why does Wilson think it ironic that the play Illuminatus was presented under the patronage of Queen Elizabeth?
(a) The play is written in support of the monarchy.
(b) The play is dreadful.
(c) The play is anarchistic.
(d) The play is overtly American.
7. What does Wilson say is the inevitable fate of all conspiracy buffs?
(a) They are persecuted.
(b) They are vindicated.
(c) They eventually lose interest.
(d) They are prosecuted.
8. What is the local universe?
(a) Anything that is undetectable.
(b) Anything we can detect moving faster than light.
(c) Anything we can detect moving within the speed of light.
(d) Anything we can detect.
9. How does Kerry Thornley decide to identify himself after his ID has been stolen?
(a) By his thumbprint.
(b) By reading his iris.
(c) By renaming himself.
(d) By his mother's maiden name.
10. According to Timothy Leary, what kind of parents did Lao-Tse say were most likely to experience the Great Tao?
(a) Those who are willing to learn from their children.
(b) Those who are willing to create good karma.
(c) Those who are willing to learn from prophecies.
(d) Those who are willing to teach their children.
11. What is the common name for the first neural circuit?
12. What is the 6th circuit called?
(a) The neurosomatic circuit.
(b) The mammalian circuit.
(c) The neuroelectric circuit.
(d) The socio-sexual circuit.
13. When did Saul-Paul Sirag believe time machines would be developed?
(a) In the 2020s.
(b) In the 1990s.
(c) In the 1980s.
(d) In the 2090s.
14. What is a Bozo?
(a) An African tribe.
(b) A Sirian visitor.
(c) A Babylonian god.
(d) A circus clown.
15. What does Schrodinger's Cat Paradox illustrate?
(a) Why cats have nine lives.
(b) The reality of quantum mechanics.
(c) The limits of human knowledge.
(d) The uncertainty of observation.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Timothy Leary characterize the first four chemical elements?
2. How is Dr. Paul Segall able to extend the lifespan of laboratory rats?
3. What does Kerry Thornley come to believe about the Discordians?
4. What was the result of Isis performing the Black Rite?
5. How did Henry Adams believe technology would increase?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)