|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Dr. John Lilly's tape the author uses for self-instruction?
(a) "Prisoner of Belief."
(b) "Beliefs Unlimited."
(c) "Limited by Belief."
(d) "You Are What You Believe."
2. What does the author believe Timothy Leary would regard as the greatest "epistemological sin"?
(a) Speculating beyond the data.
(b) Falsifying the data.
(c) Failing to understand the data.
(d) Disclosing the data.
3. What mystical experience happened to the author's youngest daughter Luna?
(a) She moved objects with her mind.
(b) She levitated.
(c) She had a vision of Sirius.
(d) She was contacted by extraterrestrials.
4. What is the common response when famous people claim extraterrestrial communication?
(a) They are interviews on the news.
(b) They receive lucrative book contracts.
(c) Their sanity is called into question.
(d) Nobody pays any attention.
5. What are "Dog Days"?
(a) Days of excessive heat.
(b) Indian summer days.
(c) September 8 to October 31.
(d) July 23 to September 8.
6. What does the author learn from giving divinations with Tarot cards?
(a) It is easy to deceive those who want to believe.
(b) It is easy to deceive those who are most skeptical.
(c) It is impossible to deceive the honest in heart.
(d) It is difficult to deceive those who are pure in heart.
7. Who does Idries Shah believe the Illuminati to be?
(a) A loose affiliation of billionaires.
8. What did Joseph Simonton claim to receive from an extraterrestrial?
(c) A trip through the atmosphere.
9. What is the motto of the Firesign Theatre?
(a) None of us knows what's wrong.
(b) You know everything that's wrong.
(c) Everything they know is wrong.
(d) Everything you know is wrong.
10. What does Timothy Leary say is the message?
(a) That we are all capable of higher intelligence.
(b) That freedom is our heritage.
(c) That the message keeps changing.
(d) That man is designed for bliss.
11. For what was Timothy Leary arrested and imprisoned, according to the author?
(a) Selling two joints of marijuana.
(b) Advocating marijuana use to college students.
(c) Publishing directions for growing marijuana.
(d) Owning two joints of marijuana.
12. Who did the Bavarian Illuminati intend to overthrow?
(a) The kings of Europe and the Pope.
(b) The American president and the Pope.
(c) The kings of Europe and the American president.
(d) The Pope.
13. Who imprisoned Timothy Leary after he escaped from an American prison?
(a) A Cuban prison in Havana.
(b) A Russian prison in Moscow.
(c) The Black Panthers in Algiers.
(d) An international prison in Switzerland.
14. Who taught that normal consciousness is self-created delusion?
(a) Jesus Christ.
15. What Jungian archetype is seen in leprechauns, Peter Pan, and Mr. Spock?
(c) Don Juan.
(d) Mullah Nasrudin.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the Babylonian myth, how did Ishtar have to enter Eternity?
2. Who dictated the Book of the Law to Aleister Crowley?
3. What does the goddess Nuit claim to have done for the author in his childhood?
4. Who does the author experience as a "past life"?
5. Which of Wilson's 24 selves has veto power over all the others?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)