|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the author first learn about from Michael Horowitz?
(a) Starseed transmissions.
(b) Rasputin's teachings.
(d) Emperor Norton.
2. What drug did Wilson say led him to Hedonic Gratification?
3. What number does Wilson believe has "enigmatic" significance?
4. What does the author learn from giving divinations with Tarot cards?
(a) It is difficult to deceive those who are pure in heart.
(b) It is easy to deceive those who want to believe.
(c) It is easy to deceive those who are most skeptical.
(d) It is impossible to deceive the honest in heart.
5. Who imprisoned Timothy Leary after he escaped from an American prison?
(a) An international prison in Switzerland.
(b) A Cuban prison in Havana.
(c) The Black Panthers in Algiers.
(d) A Russian prison in Moscow.
6. What does the author regard as Aleister Crowley's major achievement?
(a) His notorious anti-Christian philosophy.
(b) His anarcho-fascist Darwinism.
(c) His Nietzchean Supermanism.
(d) The synthesis of occult traditions with scientific methods.
7. What does the goddess Nuit claim to have done for the author in his childhood?
(a) Led him to find his wife.
(b) Taught him about astral projection.
(c) Taken him to Sirius.
(d) Cured him of polio.
8. What is the scientific term for abrupt contradictions of one's understanding of reality?
(b) Cognitive dissonance.
(c) Reality adjustment.
(d) Future shock.
9. What Nobel laureate developed the idea of multiple models in sub-atomic physics?
(a) Marshall McLuhan.
(b) Albert Einstein.
(c) Niels Bohr.
(d) Carl Sagan.
10. What Jungian archetype is seen in leprechauns, Peter Pan, and Mr. Spock?
(b) Don Juan.
(c) Mullah Nasrudin.
11. What dictum of Yeats did the author come to understand?
(a) "Man has created death."
(b) "Man has created himself."
(c) "Man has created God."
(d) "Man has created woman."
12. What do most members of the Earth People under Dr. Paul Segall study?
13. How many scientists does Saul Paul Sirag claim have received extraterrestrial communication?
(a) More than 100.
(b) More than 1,000.
(c) More than 10.
(d) More than 50.
14. What is the Discordian mystic sign?
(a) The two-finger V.
(b) Crossed fingers.
(c) Thumbs up.
(d) The extended middle finger.
15. What does psychiatrist R.D. Laing believe is the principle cause of psychotic breakdowns?
(b) Lack of information.
(d) Information overload.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Timothy Leary say is the message?
2. Who coined the term "metaprogramming substances" for mind-altering drugs?
3. What is the common response when famous people claim extraterrestrial communication?
4. Who taught that normal consciousness is self-created delusion?
5. What does Dr. Jacques Vallee believe about extraterrestrial communication?
This section contains 477 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)