|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through pp. 197-218.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author regard as Aleister Crowley's major achievement?
(a) His notorious anti-Christian philosophy.
(b) His anarcho-fascist Darwinism.
(c) The synthesis of occult traditions with scientific methods.
(d) His Nietzchean Supermanism.
2. What does the goddess Nuit claim to have done for the author in his childhood?
(a) Taught him about astral projection.
(b) Led him to find his wife.
(c) Taken him to Sirius.
(d) Cured him of polio.
3. What was the earliest hieroglyphic for Osiris?
(a) A fish plus a hawk.
(b) A closed eye.
(c) An eye plus a throne.
(d) An eye in a triangle.
4. What does Timothy Leary say is the message?
(a) That freedom is our heritage.
(b) That the message keeps changing.
(c) That we are all capable of higher intelligence.
(d) That man is designed for bliss.
5. What is the local universe?
(a) Anything we can detect.
(b) Anything that is undetectable.
(c) Anything we can detect moving faster than light.
(d) Anything we can detect moving within the speed of light.
Short Answer Questions
1. What three factors does Timothy Leary believe are critical to correct use of mind-altering drugs?
2. What is the Discordian mystic sign?
3. What did Nikola Tesla see in his final mystic vision?
4. From what does yoga free the mind?
5. What drug did Wilson say led him to Hedonic Gratification?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)