|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through pp. 197-218.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Timothy Leary believe should replace the model of psychologist and patient?
(a) Research team.
(b) Adept and client.
(c) Salesperson and customer.
(d) Guru and apprentice.
2. Who coined the term "metaprogramming substances" for mind-altering drugs?
(a) John Lilly, M.D.
(b) Robert Anton Wilson.
(c) Humphrey Osmond, M.D.
(d) Timothy Leary.
3. What are the three phases Timothy Leary postulates for each of the eight circuits?
(a) Paleolithic, Neolithic, and Bronze Age.
(b) Passive, Hedonic, and Synergistic.
(c) Input, decision making, and output.
(d) Mammalian, predatory, and pack-bonded.
4. What did Buddha teach about karma?
(a) Good will be rewarded.
(b) It is impossible to avoid bad energy.
(c) The effects of past actions are still active.
(d) Evil will be punished.
5. Who does the author experience as a "past life"?
(a) A Babylonian prince.
(b) A grand master of the Bavarian Illuminati.
(c) A Sufi priest.
(d) An Egyptian ruler.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author come to believe is present in all things, living and non-living?
2. What is the Socratic approach to Discordian evangelism?
3. What does Timothy Leary name his studies?
4. How does Wilson claim to be able to predict people's responses to conspiracy theories?
5. What did the author first learn about from Michael Horowitz?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)