|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through pp. 183-196.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Aleister Crowley, what is the purpose of "physiological experiments" in Western occultism?
(a) To awaken the third eye.
(b) To calm the nervous system.
(c) To empty the mind.
(d) To jolt the nervous system into new neurological circuits.
2. What is the Socratic approach to Discordian evangelism?
(a) Using fear and intimidation.
(b) Starting an argument by asking questions.
(c) Using figurative symbolism.
(d) Making blind assertions.
3. What does Dr. Jack Sarfatti call limiting our view to the local universe?
(a) Electromagnetic chauvinism.
(b) Oxygen-based chauvinism.
4. How does Wilson define objectivity?
(a) The doctrine that the universe exists only within us.
(b) The doctrine that the universe is created by the investigator.
(c) The doctrine that the universe exists apart from the ideas of the investigator.
(d) The doctrine that the universe is a joint creation of God and the investigator.
5. How is Isis typically portrayed.
(a) With one foot in water and one on land.
(b) Floating above the earth.
(c) Riding in a silver bubble.
(d) Emerging from the water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Timothy Leary say is the message?
2. What does Timothy Leary believe those who alter their consciousness should do?
3. What does the author regard as Aleister Crowley's major achievement?
4. Who does Robert Temple believe was the last to receive the knowledge from Sirius?
5. How many circuits does Timothy Leary believe the human brain possesses?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)