|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom is Carlson close friends which helps his clout?
(a) The President's son, James Roosevelt.
(b) The President.
(c) The head of the National Security Agency.
(d) The Naval Head of the Joint Chief of Staff.
2. What does Banning decide to do if he has to leave the Corps?
(a) Kill himself.
(b) Go into law.
(c) Start a grocery business.
(d) Become a doctor.
3. Where did Banning leave his wife?
(a) In Shanghai.
(b) In Hawaii.
(c) In the Philippines.
(d) In Montana.
4. Who does the man in question #76 take up first?
(a) He takes Piper Lee, the other flight student first.
(b) He takes them together.
5. Who takes Stecker and Pick for their first flight?
(a) Captain Carstairs.
(b) Lieutenant Capson.
(c) Captain Wentworth.
(d) Major Jones.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Stecker's new assignment?
2. What does Mrs. Pickering want to do after Ernie calls her?
3. What happens to McCoy during take off?
4. Into what kind of business does Pick want to go?
5. What is an enlisted man who becomes an officer called in slang?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Colonel Carlson tell his raiders about their training and where are they going next?
2. Who is both Ernie's and Pick's best friend and why is he with Ernie?
3. Why is Colonel Wesley concerned about Colonel Carlson and with whom does he discuss his concerns in Chapter I?
4. Why has Pick volunteered for flight training?
5. With whom does Pick and Stecker have lunch in Atlanta and what does she do? How did Pick feel about it?
6. What does McCoy find out about his brother in Chapter XV and how does he feel about it?
7. What do McCoy and Zimmerman do in sub-chapter two of Chapter XV?
8. Where do Ernie and McCoy stay the night on the way to San Diego and what does he tell her?
9. How did Ernie meet McCoy?
10. What are two requests McCoy has for Zimmer in Chapter II?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)