|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Pick and the person from question #62 suppose to stay?
(a) In the officer's quarters.
(b) In a half finished room.
(c) At a house near the beach.
(d) In the non-commissioned officers' quarters.
2. What is Pickering known for socially?
(a) Being a playboy.
(b) Being very shy.
(c) Being socially inept.
(d) Being a well-liked individual.
3. How did Pick respond to the air maneuvers the flight instructors does?
(a) He doesn't notice it.
(b) He throws up.
(c) He grins.
(d) He gets frightened.
4. What does the man in question #82 ask Pick and Stecker?
(a) If they know Martha.
(b) To come to work late the next day.
(c) To join him and Martha.
(d) To leave the place.
5. With what weapon did McCoy kill two Italian Marines?
(a) A rifle.
(b) A bayonet.
(c) A knife.
(d) A sword.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the hotel manager offer Pick?
2. When was Pick's first airplane ride?
3. Where do Pick and his friend decide to stay during flight school?
4. What story is told at the Penn station about McCoy?
5. Why does Ernie call Patricia Pickering?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where and in what way was Captain Banning wounded and what did he do in the military? What is his prognosis?
2. What did Ernie tell her father about her feelings towards McCoy?
3. How does Carlson introduce McCoy to the Separate Battalion and what does he tell them?
4. What does the navy psychiatrist tell Banning?
5. What does Zimmerman do about what Esposito tells him?
6. What happened to McCoy after he met Ernie and what did she learn from that?
7. Where does Sergeant Zimmerman when Esposito sees him in Chapter XVI? What does Esposito ask Zimmerman about?
8. Why is Colonel Wesley and others concerned about Carlson's idea?
9. How does Zimmerman feel about his assignment and what knowledge does he have to help him with the assignment?
10. Where does Zimmerman and Koznowski run into McCoy and Ernie and what story do they tell?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)