|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Pickering want to do after Ernie calls her?
(a) Call Ernie's mother.
(b) Go to the store.
(c) Meet Ernie downtown.
(d) Call her son.
2. Where did Banning leave his wife?
(a) In Shanghai.
(b) In Hawaii.
(c) In Montana.
(d) In the Philippines.
3. Where did Ernie and McCoy meet after he called her in Chapter VI?
(a) Central Park.
(b) Thirteenth Street Station.
(c) At Pick's house.
(d) Near the bus station.
4. What does Patricia Pickering's husband say?
(a) She should leave Ernie to her own choices.
(b) She should call Ernie's mother.
(c) She should meet Ernie at the train station.
(d) She should get Ernie to stay with them.
5. Why is Captain Banning depressed when he is on the Pickerel?
(a) His mother died.
(b) His girlfriend left him.
(c) His best friend was killed in combat.
(d) He may not be able to continue being in the Marines.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Martha give Pick a hard time?
2. What does Ernie realize when McCoy returned to home after being wounded?
3. What does the man in question #65 ask Stecker?
4. How does Ernie's mother feel about McCoy?
5. How does Ernie feel about Pick's parties?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ernie call Pick's mother in San Diego?
2. Where does Pick go and see Martha after his first flight? What does he ask her and what is her response?
3. What does McCoy do after he speaks with Carlson?
4. What does Ernie tell McCoy when they meet at the train station?
5. What did the group with Wesley talk about, what did they ask McCoy, how did he feel about their request and what did they tell McCoy about the meeting?
6. Where and in what way was Captain Banning wounded and what did he do in the military? What is his prognosis?
7. How does McCoy feel about Ernie's actions in Chapter XI?
8. What does Pick and Stecker do after Carstairs tells them McCoy was wounded and he has given up on Martha?
9. What is Banning and Stecker talking about on Ernie and McCoy's boat and what does Banning tell McCoy about it?
10. What branch of the service is Thomas McCoy in and what kind of problem has he had?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)