• Kenneth McCoy is wounded in Shanghai, China and is returning to the states.
• The wounds are causing him problems but he will not allow the pilot to do more than replace bandages.
• Colonel Wesley is meeting with Lieutenant Rickabee to try to find a solution to the Colonel Carlson problem.
• Wesley is concerned Carlson's time in China has turned him into a communist.
• Weley implies that the Commandant has asked for help and Rickabee suggests McCoy for the job.
• Zimmerman and Kozonwski are two sergeants who have been assigned to deal with recruits in Brooklyn.
• Their job is to get the recruits to Parris Island and start their training on the way.
• Zimmerman understands about breaking a recruit down and rebuilding him into a Marine but can't do it.
• Ernestine Sage and Malcolm Pickering are at the Penn station in New York. McCoy is with them...
This section contains 1,475 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)