|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Yamin leave under Perkins' door?
2. Who is Shakaim Chumpi?
3. How many people worked under Perkins in 1977?
4. What does Perkins dread about Ecuador's future?
5. What was the Summer Institute of Linguistics?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the United States' invasion of Panama.
2. Why is "The Prophecy of the Condor and Eagle" important to Perkins?
3. What would happen to the United States if it was asked to pay back its debts?
4. What did Perkins learn from Farhad and Farhad's father?
5. What does Perkins believe can change America?
6. What did Perkins' experience in Columbia teach him?
7. What was the United State's interest in Iran?
8. Why was Iraq of interest to the United States?
9. What was Doc's opinion of the Flowering Desert Project?
10. What was Perkins' career like in Chapter 17?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the importance of the story The Prophecy of the Condor and Eagle. Why did Perkins choose this story to explain world politics? Do you think that Perkins lived by the message in the story? Why or why not? Cite examples from the text to support your position.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the puppet show that Perkins viewed while in Indonesia. How is a puppet show a form of protest? What message did the puppet show send to its audience? What message did it send to Perkins? Be sure to cite examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Who were Doc and Yamin? What role did Doc and Yamin play in Perkins' life? Describe Perkins' interaction with Doc in the desert. What important information did he learn? Cite examples from the text.
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)