|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Yamin want Perkins to meet at the end of Chapter 18?
2. Who was Jaime Roldós Aguilera?
3. What did Doc say the new government's response to Perkins and MAIN would be?
4. What did Perkins think about while at Ground Zero?
5. What prediction of Doc's came true at the end of Chapter 20?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Doc's opinion of the Flowering Desert Project?
2. Describe Perkins' interaction with Doc. Who is Doc?
3. What does Perkins believe can change America?
4. How did Chavez rise to power in Venezuela?
5. Describe Perkin's interaction with Yamin.
6. What was the purpose of the Dream Change Coalition?
7. What was the United State's interest in Iran?
8. Why was Iraq of interest to the United States?
9. Why is "The Prophecy of the Condor and Eagle" important to Perkins?
10. What happened to Perkins after he quit MAIN the first time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Perkins met many world leaders through his job at MAIN. Which leader do you believe was the most effective for his or her country? Why did you select this leader? Select two additional leaders and compare and contrast their leadership. The elements you should examine are his or her view of the United States, the political system they believed in, which economic demographic they fought for, etc. Cite examples from the text to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the puppet show that Perkins viewed while in Indonesia. How is a puppet show a form of protest? What message did the puppet show send to its audience? What message did it send to Perkins? Be sure to cite examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the importance of the story The Prophecy of the Condor and Eagle. Why did Perkins choose this story to explain world politics? Do you think that Perkins lived by the message in the story? Why or why not? Cite examples from the text to support your position.
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)