|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Perkins discovered the key to working in politics was ______________.
(a) Being a woman.
(b) Being buisness smart.
(c) Living in America.
(d) Being an economic hit man.
2. What did Perkins find in the Canal Zone?
(a) Abandoned homes.
(c) Plush golf courses and pretty stores.
(d) His business contact.
3. What was Prince W.'s weakness?
(a) Tall blondes.
(b) Tall brunettes.
4. What dripped from the eyes of the man in Perkins' dream?
5. What did Perkins see when he drove through the slums of Panama?
(a) Well built streets.
(b) Poorly designed stores.
(c) Well lit streets.
(d) Raw sewage.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Fidel?
2. What were Panamanian woman prohibited to do?
3. Where did Perkins live while he worked in the Peace Corp?
4. What caused a waitress to scream at the bar that Perkins and Fidel visited?
5. What was the United States determined to lure Indonesia away from in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Howard Parker believe was wrong with MAIN'S predictions about Jakarta? Why did he leave?
2. Describe Perkin's experience with the puppet master.
3. Why did Perkins travel to Panama?
4. Describe Perkins' childhood.
5. What were the two objectives of economic hit men?
6. What was Perkins told about Chas. T. Main, Inc?
7. What happened at the bar in the Canal Zone?
8. What reaction did Perkins receive from business and political leaders in Jakarta in Chapter 6?
9. Describe Perkins' interaction with Rasy's friends at the coffeehouse.
10. Describe the role of OPEC.
This section contains 559 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)