|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the employees of MAIN live?
(a) The employees live in the city.
(c) Pay check to pay check.
2. Who trained Perkins to become an economic hit man?
(a) A beautiful woman.
(b) An old man.
(c) A young man.
(d) An old woman.
3. Perkins discovered the key to working in politics was ______________.
(a) Living in America.
(b) Being buisness smart.
(c) Being a woman.
(d) Being an economic hit man.
4. Why did Howard return to the United States?
(a) He was sick.
(b) He missed his son.
(c) His visa expired.
(d) He was fired.
5. Why did Indonesia become a communist country?
(a) Lack of money.
(b) Lack of education.
(c) Lack of a leader.
(d) Lack of unity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Torrijos say he would fight for in Chapter 13?
2. What did the President of Panama not want to be to the United States?
3. What were some of the New Deal's policies?
4. What did Torrijos want to build in Panama?
5. How did the United States fight the Soviet Union?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Perkins told about Chas. T. Main, Inc?
2. How did Indonesia become a communist country?
3. What led the Saudis to implement an embargo on oil in 1974?
4. Describe Perkin's experience with the puppet master.
5. Why did Perkins travel to Panama?
6. What were the two objectives of economic hit men?
7. Describe Perkins thoughts about Jakarta.
8. What did the people who lived in the slums of Panama think of America?
9. What happened at the bar in the Canal Zone?
10. What was life like in the Canal Zone?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)