|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Perkins live while he worked in the Peace Corp?
(a) The Congo.
(b) The Amazon.
(c) The Appalachian Trail.
(d) The Pyrenees Mountains.
2. Perkins believed MAIN's objective in Indonesia was _____________.
(a) Reinstating communism.
(b) Building a new office.
(c) Preventing communism and increasing the country's wealth.
(d) Destroying the country.
3. What dripped from the eyes of the man in Perkins' dream?
4. Who said they would take over the bar at the end of Chapter 12?
(a) The government.
(b) The radicals.
(c) The military police.
(d) The owner.
5. What led to the 1974 embargo of oil to the United States?
(a) The United States was in debt.
(b) Nixon's aid to Israel.
(c) Nixon's aid to Saudi Arabia.
(d) The Gulf War.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Perkins' parents teach in Chapter 1?
2. What did Howard tell Perkins in confidence?
3. When did Indonesia gain independence?
4. Why did Indonesia become a communist country?
5. Where did Perkins decide NOT to go to college?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did MAIN fire Howard Parker?
2. Describe Perkins thoughts about Jakarta.
3. What did Perkins dream about his last night in Indonesia?
4. What were Panamanian women not allowed to do?
5. What was life like in the Canal Zone?
6. Describe Perkins' childhood.
7. What reaction did Perkins receive from business and political leaders in Jakarta in Chapter 6?
8. What did President Torrijos want to build, and who did he want to finance the project?
9. What did Saudi Arabia's oil embargo cause the United States to realize?
10. What led the Saudis to implement an embargo on oil in 1974?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)