|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Perkins live in Chapter 5?
(a) In a penthouse apartment.
(b) In a car.
(c) In a government house.
(d) In a tent.
2. Whom did Perkins meet with in Chapter 9?
(a) His family.
(b) World leaders.
(d) The common people.
3. What did Robert McNamara infuse into government policy?
(a) Business models.
(c) Military drills.
(d) Scientific terms.
4. What were some of the New Deal's policies?
(a) To promote economic regulation, governmental financial manipulation, and extensive application of fiscal policy.
(b) The right for immigrants to come to America.
(c) Application of fiscal policy and freedom of religion.
(d) Liberty and justice to all.
5. What did MAIN threaten Perkins never to do?
(a) Run for president.
(b) Leave the country.
(c) Speak to his family.
(d) Reveal their policies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did United Fruit enlist to help stage a coup?
2. When did Indonesia gain independence?
3. What dripped from the eyes of the man in Perkins' dream?
4. What was written in graffiti on the walls in Panama?
5. Where did Perkins decide NOT to go to college?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reaction did Perkins receive from business and political leaders in Jakarta in Chapter 6?
2. How did Perkins begin to feel about MAIN and Americans the longer he was in Indonesia?
3. Describe Perkin's experience with the puppet master.
4. What were Panamanian women not allowed to do?
5. Describe the role of OPEC.
6. What led the Saudis to implement an embargo on oil in 1974?
7. How did Indonesia become a communist country?
8. What is corporatocracy?
9. How did the United States appear innocent in the ruin of less developed countries?
10. What did the people who lived in the slums of Panama think of America?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)