|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who encouraged Perkins to read his resume?
(d) His boss.
2. Why did friends try to convince Perkins to not write his economic hit man book?
(a) They did not like the topic.
(b) The did not believe that was his job.
(c) They wanted him to go back to work for MAIN.
(d) They feared for his life.
3. How did Chavez become president of Venezuela?
(a) He paid his way into the position.
(b) No one wanted to be in charge.
(c) He overthrew the government.
(d) The demographics of the country changed.
4. What would happen if the Euro surpassed the dollar?
(a) Nothing would happen.
(b) The United States would crumble.
(c) Riots would break out.
(d) The United States would make money.
5. How did Perkins' deal impact Saudi Arabia?
(a) Saudi Arabia changed slowly.
(b) Perkins' deal did not go through.
(c) It did not affect Saudi Arabia.
(d) It transformed Saudi Arabia overnight.
6. What did Perkins do in the Amazon?
(a) Ran a fishing company.
(b) Drilled for oil.
(c) Introduced people to the Shuars.
(d) Taught English.
7. What did Perkins' finally supply to Prince W. that led him to vote on Perkins' deal?
(a) His word that the deal was honorable.
(b) He arranaged for a woman to stay in Prince W.'s palace.
(c) He arranged for money to be transferred into Prince W.'s account.
8. With whom was Amoco negotiating oil drilling rights?
(a) Saudi Arabia.
9. What does Perkins dread about Ecuador's future?
(a) The natives will forget their orginal language.
(b) The country will become an United States territory.
(c) The political system will collapse.
(d) The rainforest will be drilled away.
10. What type of soldiers does Perkins say the United States fights with in Chapter 30?
(a) Untrained soldiers.
(b) Economic soldiers.
(c) Highly trained soldiers.
(d) Child soldiers.
11. What did Perkin's article, "Colonialism in Panama has No Place in 1975," suggest that Panama receive?
(a) Military aid.
(b) A chance to run their own government.
(d) The canal.
12. What was the purpose of the Public Utility Regulatory Policy Act?
(a) To provide utilites to small countries.
(b) To help big businesses find ways to get off oil dependence.
(c) To help small businesses find ways to get off oil dependence.
(d) To regulate utilites.
13. Which country did Saddam Hussein invade?
14. Who is Doc?
(a) An American dissenter.
(b) A Saudi rebel.
(c) An American with a Ph.D.
(d) An Iranian doctor.
15. What did Paula tell Perkins Colombians thought about MAIN?
(a) Colombians thought MAIN could help Colombia.
(b) Colombians thought MAIN were a terrorist front.
(c) Colombians wanted MAIN there.
(d) Colombians did not want MAIN there.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Jaime Roldós Aguilera die?
2. What did Osvaldo Hurtado allow to happen when he became president?
3. Why did Yamin choose to speak to Perkins?
4. Why did Perkins write this book?
5. Whom did Yamin want Perkins to meet at the end of Chapter 18?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)