|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Perkins' deal impact Saudi Arabia?
(a) It did not affect Saudi Arabia.
(b) It transformed Saudi Arabia overnight.
(c) Saudi Arabia changed slowly.
(d) Perkins' deal did not go through.
2. Where did Perkins return to in Chapter 34?
(a) Saudi Arabia.
3. What did the United States gain control of in Panama again?
(a) The right to drill.
(b) The government.
(c) The Canal.
(d) The country.
4. What did the Islamic mob seize in order to have the Shah returned to Iran?
(a) The American Embassy.
(b) The Shah's home.
(c) The Iranian Embassy.
(d) Prince W.'s palace.
5. What did Perkins do in the Amazon?
(a) Ran a fishing company.
(b) Taught English.
(c) Introduced people to the Shuars.
(d) Drilled for oil.
6. What would happen if the Euro surpassed the dollar?
(a) The United States would crumble.
(b) Riots would break out.
(c) The United States would make money.
(d) Nothing would happen.
7. When Perkins read his resume, whom did he discover as his last two clients?
(a) Google and Yahoo.
(b) U.S. Department of Treasury and Panama.
(c) U.S. Department of Treasury and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
(d) Exxon and Shell.
8. What did Yamin leave under Perkins' door?
(a) A photo.
(b) A bribe.
(c) A letter.
(d) A weapon.
9. Perkins was offered a new job under what condition?
(a) He would take a pay cut.
(b) He would not write his book.
(c) He would blow the whistle on MAIN.
(d) He would give up his American citizenship.
10. What does Perkins believe the old American republic stood for?
(b) Hope for the world.
(d) Greed and power.
11. What movement did Saudi Arabia begin to fund?
12. Which country did Saddam Hussein invade?
13. What did Perkins decide to take a stand against?
14. Who is Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini?
(a) A prince.
(b) Perkins' friend.
(c) A fanatical Shiite.
(d) A fanatical Sunni.
15. Who, besides Perkins, knew Perkins' job description?
(a) No one.
(b) Those on the inside.
(c) His family.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much of Ecuador's budget went to paying off debts?
2. Who is Shakaim Chumpi?
3. Why did Perkins quit his job as a expert witness for MAIN?
4. Who encouraged Perkins to read his resume?
5. What did Perkins realize he was doing at the end of Chapter 23?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)