• Chapter 1
• Perkins discusses his upbringing.
• Perkins was raised by two teachers.
• His parents were not wealthy but still snobby.
• Perkins was accepted to Brown but made to go to Middlebury.
• Perkins dropped out of college.
• To avoid the draft Perkins joined the peace corp.
• After the peace corp, Perkins accepted a job at MAIN.
• Chapter 2
• Perkins first assignment was in Kuwait.
• Perkins trainer was a beautiful woman.
• His trainer told Perkins the two objectives of his job were to justify large loans for less-developed countries and to bankrupt those countries that took the loans.
• By using corporations to ruin countries, the American government appeared innocent.
• Chapter 3
• The United States wanted to lure Indonesia away from communism.
• MAIN's electrification project was designed to give America power in Indonesia.
• MAIN threatened Perkins not to reveal their policies.
• Chapter 4
• Perkins saw beauty and devastation in Jakarta.
This section contains 1,655 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)