|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what country did Mary spend her high school years?
2. What does Mary hope will be the topic of her next book?
(b) The Middle East.
(c) Mary does not intend to write another book.
(d) Friendship and poetry.
3. Which woman would Mary most likely call "superwoman"?
(d) None of the women.
4. According to Mary, what is the danger in gardening?
(a) Your neighbor may covet your garden.
(b) You may have abundant growth that you cannot maintain.
(c) Vandals may steal or destroy your flowers.
(d) Your flowers and produce may never grow.
5. To what does Mary compare the "syncopated rhythms" of caretaking?
(b) Love making.
(c) Tapping one's foot.
(d) Playing the drums.
6. Which of the following items does NOT make up the decoration in Johnnetta's home?
(a) Photographs from home.
(b) Family artwork.
(c) Personal furniture.
(d) College antiques.
7. Which woman said, "Somebody's got to be the mommy"?
8. What is the one thing modern day couples need to learn to deal with that couples in the past might not have had to deal with?
(a) Misbehaving children.
(b) Technological advances.
(c) Financial instability.
(d) Sudden life changes.
9. According to Mary, what does a true artist take and turn into a masterpiece?
10. Which woman claims to be completely unable to manage multi-tasking?
11. How many sons does Johnnetta have?
12. Which of the following activities helps Johnnetta deal with her stress?
13. In what country was Erik, Joan's husband, born?
14. Which of the following is NOT the name of one of Joan's children?
15. Which woman struggles with sibling rivalry, and dividing her attention among her children?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following statements best describes the five women profiled in this book?
2. Which of the following is NOT a sickness Joan's children suffered from when they were young?
3. Which of the following topics most interested Mary Bateson's father in his writing?
4. In what situation does Mary describe men act as caregivers?
5. Why does Johnnetta have to look herself in the mirror every morning to remind herself of her new identity?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)