|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT the name of one of Joan's children?
2. Which of the women in the book regularly starts their evening meals with an Armenian prayer?
3. Which of the following statements does NOT fit into Mary's definition of wisdom?
(a) It is a survival skill.
(b) It is the ability to adapt to new environments.
(c) It is something you are born with or without.
(d) It can be practiced by everyone, everyday.
4. What college did Mary once teach at?
5. In what situation does Mary describe children as caregivers?
(a) As carers for imaginary friends.
(b) As carers for siblings.
(c) As carers for parents.
(d) As carers for pets.
6. Who gave Joan's son Jon a blood transfusion when he was sick in the hospital?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His grandfather.
(c) His mother.
(d) His younger sister.
7. Which of the women identifies herself primarily as a dancer?
8. Which of the women adopted a daughter named Sarah late in life?
9. What is the name of the homeless shelter that provides shelter and food for as many people as possible, every night?
(a) Oak Valley.
(b) Pine Street Inn.
(c) Palm Springs Shelter.
(d) Maple Mountain Resort.
10. In what decade did family shelters first start to pop up in Boston?
11. What do the roadblocks of separation and division hinder a woman from doing?
(a) Making money.
(b) Raising a family.
(c) Being creative.
(d) Respecting religion.
12. Which of the following items does NOT make up the decoration in Johnnetta's home?
(a) Family artwork.
(b) College antiques.
(c) Photographs from home.
(d) Personal furniture.
13. What is the one thing modern day couples need to learn to deal with that couples in the past might not have had to deal with?
(a) Misbehaving children.
(b) Sudden life changes.
(c) Technological advances.
(d) Financial instability.
14. According to Mary, what is the one thing all five women in the book are striving for?
15. Why does Johnnetta "whip [her]self with guilt"?
(a) For not being a full time mother.
(b) For separating from her first husband.
(c) For not investing her money wisely.
(d) For quitting her job to care for her children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the key to organizing multiple lives at once?
2. How does Mary feel about full-time female workers that also come home and cook for their families?
3. In what way does Mary describe women who are multi-taskers?
4. Which of the following topics most interested Mary Bateson's father in his writing?
5. Which woman claims to be completely unable to manage multi-tasking?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)