|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 Opening to the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following values does Bateson say is "inappropriate in today's constantly changing world"?
(a) Gender roles.
2. Which of the following art forms is NOT one Mary's grandfather collected when she was a child?
3. What was significant about Johnnetta's position as president of Spelman College?
(a) She was the first African-American woman to earn the post.
(b) She was the first African-American AND the first woman to earn the post.
(c) She was the first woman to earn the post.
(d) She was the first African-American to earn the post.
4. At which college does Johnnetta teach?
5. What article of clothing did Johnnetta receive as a joke from not one but two friends after earning her position as president of Spelman College?
(a) A beauty queen sash.
(b) A pair of ruby red slippers.
(c) A tiara.
(d) A pair of white gloves.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Joan's first book?
2. How was the MIT Alice was very close to killed in New York?
3. How old was Alice when her younger brother was born?
4. What part of America did Johnnetta grow up in?
5. Which of the following adjectives did NOT describe Ellen when she was giving a lecture at the Bunting colloquium, which Mary attended?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)