|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4 Opening to the World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following minority groups does Bateson NOT explicitly discuss in her explanation of the inequalities in society?
2. Which of the following subjects did Erik study?
(a) Childhood sexuality.
(b) The celibacy of nuns.
(c) Animal mating rituals.
(d) Cross pollination.
3. According to Ellen, why do more women work in the ERs in Boston than men?
(a) Men are forbidden from working in Boston ERs.
(b) Women are given first choice of hours they want to work.
(c) Women want the higher paying hours.
(d) Women don't want to be perceived as weak.
4. Which of Mary's grandparents was a scientist?
(a) Her paternal grandmother.
(b) Her maternal grandfather.
(c) Her paternal grandfather.
(d) Her maternal grandmother.
5. What does Bateson believe will be the result of "a commitment to constantly refocusing one's life"?
(c) Social freedom.
(d) Ultimate success.
Short Answer Questions
1. What subject did Johnnetta study in college?
2. How many children did Joan and Erik have together?
3. How old was Joan at the time of her interviews for the book?
4. What does it mean to "compose a life"?
5. What does Mary claim is the excuse given to young girls to keep them out of science?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)