|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of vehicle is Satoris in when he goes to spy on Spoomer and his woman?
2. In which city do Hubert Jarrod and Louise King meet in the story "Dr Martino"?
3. With which of Wash's relatives does his boss start a relationship?
4. In the story "The Mistral," which of the following facts is NOT true about the dead man's fiancee?
5. What type of animal does Spoomer keep as a pet?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In the story "Honor" a woman falls in love with two men and begins an extramarital affair. First, compare/contrast the relationships the woman has with both her husband and her lover. Then explain why the husband decided to divorce his wife and let her marry her lover. Finally, explain which, if any, characters in this story acted with honor and give at least two examples that support your argument.
Essay Topic 2
In the story "Beyond," there is a baby covered in scars that is in the afterlife with Judge. First, describe the physicality of the scarred baby. How did he get his scars? Then explain they symbolism of the scarred baby in Judge's life. What lesson is meant to learn from this baby?
Essay Topic 3
The story "The Tall Men" deals with the realization that the motivations of actions are sometimes misunderstood. First, explain what the motivations of the marshal were when he came to arrest the two young boys. Then explain what the marshal assumed the motivations of the young boys were in refusing to sign up for service. Finally, explain what the marshal learned about the human condition and what motivates us all.
This section contains 1,352 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)