|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Spoomer is meeting his woman, where does Satoris find them?
2. In the story "All the Dead Pilots," what does Spoomer steal from his friend Satoris?
3. Which of the following adjectives best describes Ira Ewing's parenting style.
4. Why doesn't Jarrod want Louise to ride horses with him at the resort?
5. Which of the following facts is NOT true about Howard Boyd's mother in the story "The Brooch"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do lovers Melisandre and Phillip Backhouse meet in the story "My Grandmother Millard and General Bedford and the Battle of Harrykin Creek"?
2. Why is Satoris sentenced to serve time with the Camel squadron?
3. How do the townsfolk feel about Harrison Blair's hunting style in the story "Foxhunt"?
4. What material does Roger Howes use to pen his latest novel in the story "Artist at Home"?
5. How does the husband in the story "Honor" react to the news of his wife's extramarital affair?
6. What is the result of Ira Ewing's lax parenting in the story "Golden Land"?
7. Why do unexpected visitors frequently arrive at the home of Roger Howes in the story "Artist at Home"?
8. How does Wash feel about the relationship between his boss and his granddaughter in the story "Wash"?
9. Why does Alec Gray kill his commanding officer?
10. How does Wash die?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Faulkner decides to end his collection with the moving short story "Carcassonne." In it, the body and soul argue about the true form of death. First, describe both the body and the soul's argument as to what death truly is like. Then explain why Faulkner might have chosen to end his collection with this story, and how it unifies the collection as a whole.
Essay Topic 2
The moral of the story "Bear Hunt" is that the past can come back to haunt you. First, explain Lucius Provine's past. Then explain how it came back to haunt him. Finally, explain the lesson Lucius learned through his experiences on the bear hunt.
Essay Topic 3
In the story "Beyond," there is a baby covered in scars that is in the afterlife with Judge. First, describe the physicality of the scarred baby. How did he get his scars? Then explain they symbolism of the scarred baby in Judge's life. What lesson is meant to learn from this baby?
This section contains 941 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)