Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story "The Mistral," which of the following facts is NOT true about the dead man's fiancee?
2. What country is Borgard from?
3. What does Danny send to his mother's funeral, which greatly impresses the narrator of this story?
4. With which of Wash's relatives does his boss start a relationship?
5. On what type of mission does the young English soldier go with Borgard?
Essay Topic 1
"Pennsylvania Station" is a story about the loss of money. First, describe how the mother in this story intended to spend her money and why she saved her income every year. Then, explain what happened to the money the mother saved. Finally, explain why the man telling the story is bankrupt and how he survives in his homelessness.
Essay Topic 2
"A Courtship" tells the tale of two men who are fighting over the hand of the same woman. First, describe each of the woman's suitors. Then explain how the suitors competed with each other and the lesson they learned in the end. Finally, describe how the Indian woman in this story took matters into her own hands, and the effects of her decision.
Essay Topic 3
The story "Victory" is all about the effects of war. First, describe the effects war has on the community as a whole in this story. Then compare/contrast that to the effects war has on the individual in this story. Finally, describe what you think Faulkner's message about war is through the example of this story.
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)