Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story "The Mistral," which of the following facts is NOT true about the dead man's fiancee?
2. What country is Borgard from?
3. What does Danny send to his mother's funeral, which greatly impresses the narrator of this story?
4. With which of Wash's relatives does his boss start a relationship?
5. On what type of mission does the young English soldier go with Borgard?
"A Courtship" tells the tale of two men who are fighting over the hand of the same woman. First, describe each of the woman's suitors. Then explain how the suitors competed with each other and the lesson they learned in the end. Finally, describe how the Indian woman in this story took matters into her own hands, and the effects of her decision.
"Lo" is the only story that deals with a real, historical character in its depiction of an American president. First, describe the way the president was portrayed in this story. Then compare/contrast our country's leader to the Indian tribe leader in the story. To which group does Faulkner's historical sympathy seem to lie? How can you tell?
"Uncle Willy" is a story crafted to show the effects of a meddling town on an individual's life. First, describe the lifestyle Willie was leading before anyone in the town got involved. Then compare/contrast that to Willy's life after the townsfolk got involved. Finally, describe the effects the town's meddling had on Willy's life and what the consequences of their meddling actions were in the end.
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)