|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story "The Mistral," which of the following facts is NOT true about the dead man's fiancee?
(a) She is a suspect in his murder.
(b) She is the daughter of a priest.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She is adopted.
2. What country is Borgard from?
3. What does Danny send to his mother's funeral, which greatly impresses the narrator of this story?
(a) A bouquet of flowers.
(b) A wreath.
(c) A handwritten card.
(d) A box of chocolates.
4. With which of Wash's relatives does his boss start a relationship?
(a) His granddaughter.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His sister.
(d) His mother.
5. On what type of mission does the young English soldier go with Borgard?
(a) An evacuation mission.
(b) A search-and-rescue mission.
(c) A mapping mission.
(d) A bombing mission.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many soldiers survive to the end of the story "Crevasse"?
2. What is Alec Gray punished for NOT doing in the Army?
3. Why doesn't Jarrod want Louise to ride horses with him at the resort?
4. What does Louise's mother think about Jarrod?
5. At the end of the story "Crevasse," what is the injured man in the corner doing?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)