|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of animal does Spoomer keep as a pet?
(a) A cat.
(b) A dog.
(c) A lizard.
(d) A rabbit.
2. In which country are George and Carl vacationing in the story "Divorce in Naples"?
3. What event does Judge go to watch at the end of the story "Beyond"?
(a) A funeral.
(b) An execution.
(c) A wedding.
(d) A trial.
4. Which of the following characters is NOT present at the boating event in the story "The Leg"?
5. Why doesn't Jarrod want Louise to ride horses with him at the resort?
(a) Because Louise has been forbidden to ride the horses by her mother.
(b) Because he does not want to be seen with Louise.
(c) Because the horse she is riding is dangerous.
(d) Because he is angry with Louise for lying to him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story "Artist at Home," what does Roger Howes do for a living?
2. In what state does Danny live?
3. How is the narrator of the story "Pennsylvania Station" related to the dead woman?
4. Which of the following modes of transportation is seen speeding away at the end of the story "Honor"?
5. At the end of the story "Turnabout," how does Borgard feel about the young English soldier he rescued?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do unexpected visitors frequently arrive at the home of Roger Howes in the story "Artist at Home"?
2. On what image does Faulkner end the story "Crevasse"?
3. How does Satoris get back at Spoomer for stealing his woman in the story "All the Dead Pilots"?
4. What was Ira Ewing's childhood like in the story "Golden Land"?
5. How do lovers Melisandre and Phillip Backhouse meet in the story "My Grandmother Millard and General Bedford and the Battle of Harrykin Creek"?
6. How does the Judge realize that he is dead in the story "Beyond"?
7. How does the Appalachian family treat the Confederate soldier and his servant in the story "Mountain Victory"?
8. Why does Hubert Jarrod feel as though he has been tricked by Mrs. King, Louisa's mother?
9. How is Davy's life saved during a murder attempt in the story "The Leg"?
10. How does the husband in the story "Honor" react to the news of his wife's extramarital affair?
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)