|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following creatures does Dr Martino use to help Louise overcome her irrational fear?
2. With which of Wash's relatives does his boss start a relationship?
(a) His mother.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His sister.
(d) His granddaughter.
3. How old is Ira Ewing when he runs away from home in the story "Golden Land"?
4. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Alec Gray?
(a) He is a decorated soldier.
(b) He is very poor.
(c) He was honorably discharged from the Army.
(d) He is of Caucasian decent.
5. What event does Judge go to watch at the end of the story "Beyond"?
(a) A wedding.
(b) A funeral.
(c) An execution.
(d) A trial.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following facts is NOT true about Howard Boyd's mother in the story "The Brooch"?
2. Why doesn't Jarrod want Louise to ride horses with him at the resort?
3. What does Danny send to his mother's funeral, which greatly impresses the narrator of this story?
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes the soldier named Borgard in the story "Turnabout"?
5. What country is Borgard from?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Satoris sentenced to serve time with the Camel squadron?
2. Why does Hubert Jarrod feel as though he has been tricked by Mrs. King, Louisa's mother?
3. How do the townsfolk feel about Harrison Blair's hunting style in the story "Foxhunt"?
4. What happens to the traveling soldiers who are trying to escape enemy fire in the story "Crevasse"?
5. How does Danny treat his mother in the story "Pennsylvania Station"?
6. How does Wash die?
7. What was Ira Ewing's childhood like in the story "Golden Land"?
8. How does the lover react to the news that the husband has granted his wife a divorce in the story "Honor"?
9. On what image does Faulkner end the story "Crevasse"?
10. How doesd Ira Ewing's mother react to her resettlement in California?
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)