|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amy beg of her husband Howard Boyd?
(a) To move away from his mother.
(b) To kill his mother.
(c) To live in harmony with his mother.
(d) To never speak to his mother again.
2. Which of the following characters is NOT present at the boating event in the story "The Leg"?
3. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Alec Gray?
(a) He is of Caucasian decent.
(b) He is a decorated soldier.
(c) He is very poor.
(d) He was honorably discharged from the Army.
4. How does Wash react to the blooming relationship between his female relative and his boss?
(a) He tries to break the relationship up.
(b) He gives the relationship his blessing.
(c) He ignores the relationship.
(d) He does not know about the relationship.
5. In which city do Hubert Jarrod and Louise King meet in the story "Dr Martino"?
(a) St. Louis.
(c) New Orleans.
Short Answer Questions
1. During which of the following holidays do Hubert Jarrod and Louise King meet?
2. While Alec Gray is in the Army, what is his relationship with his family?
3. How does Alec Gray react when he is sent to spend time in the penal battalion?
4. In the story "All the Dead Pilots," what does Spoomer steal from his friend Satoris?
5. Which of the following statements about Dr Martino is true?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Wash die?
2. How does the lover react to the news that the husband has granted his wife a divorce in the story "Honor"?
3. What was Ira Ewing's childhood like in the story "Golden Land"?
4. Why does Hubert Jarrod feel as though he has been tricked by Mrs. King, Louisa's mother?
5. How do lovers Melisandre and Phillip Backhouse meet in the story "My Grandmother Millard and General Bedford and the Battle of Harrykin Creek"?
6. How does Danny treat his mother in the story "Pennsylvania Station"?
7. Why do unexpected visitors frequently arrive at the home of Roger Howes in the story "Artist at Home"?
8. How is the sympathy of the Confederate soldier his downfall in the story "Mountain Victory"?
9. How do Hubert Jarrod and Louisa King meet in the story "Dr Martino"?
10. How does Wash feel about the relationship between his boss and his granddaughter in the story "Wash"?
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)