|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of reputation does Harrison Blair have in the town?
(a) For being kind.
(b) For being mean.
(c) For being shy.
(d) For being unintelligent.
2. Of which of the following things is Louise afraid?
(c) The dark.
(d) Small spaces.
3. What event does Judge go to watch at the end of the story "Beyond"?
(a) A wedding.
(b) A trial.
(c) A funeral.
(d) An execution.
4. What type of vehicle is Satoris in when he goes to spy on Spoomer and his woman?
(a) A train.
(b) A convertible.
(c) A bicycle.
(d) An airplane.
5. What country is Borgard from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Alec Gray punished for NOT doing in the Army?
2. Which of the following events does NOT happen in the story "Honor"?
3. What does Louise's mother think about Jarrod?
4. What happens to Satoris at the end of the story "All the Dead Pilots"?
5. Which of the following animals does Wash overhear his boss talking about with great respect?
Short Essay Questions
1. What gift does Richard Howes purchase for his wife when his latest novel sells, and what is her reaction to the gift?
2. Why does Alec Gray kill his commanding officer?
3. What was Ira Ewing's childhood like in the story "Golden Land"?
4. How does Danny treat his mother in the story "Pennsylvania Station"?
5. How does the Judge realize that he is dead in the story "Beyond"?
6. How does Wash feel about the relationship between his boss and his granddaughter in the story "Wash"?
7. How does the husband in the story "Honor" react to the news of his wife's extramarital affair?
8. How is Davy's life saved during a murder attempt in the story "The Leg"?
9. How does the Appalachian family treat the Confederate soldier and his servant in the story "Mountain Victory"?
10. Why does Hubert Jarrod feel as though he has been tricked by Mrs. King, Louisa's mother?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)