|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Davy send to Corinthia that enrages her brother?
(a) A photograph.
(b) A bouquet of flowers.
(c) A set of dogtags.
(d) A letter.
2. What race is Wash, from the story "Wash"?
(a) He is white.
(b) He is Native American.
(c) He is biracial.
(d) He is black.
3. What position does Borgard hold in his Army battalion?
4. Which of the following purchases did the dead woman upgrade every year?
(a) Her mortgage.
(b) Her coffin.
(c) Her car.
(d) Her telephone.
5. After Davy loses his leg in the war, what material is used to craft him a new one?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story "Victory," what country is the man visiting when he pretends to be an aristocrat?
2. Who kills Doctor Martino?
3. How does Boyd's mother find out that Amy has lost her brooch?
4. What recent event has just changed the life of Judge in the story "Beyond"?
5. During which war was the Day of Armistice?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the townsfolk feel about Harrison Blair's hunting style in the story "Foxhunt"?
2. How do Hubert Jarrod and Louisa King meet in the story "Dr Martino"?
3. Why do unexpected visitors frequently arrive at the home of Roger Howes in the story "Artist at Home"?
4. How does Wash feel about the relationship between his boss and his granddaughter in the story "Wash"?
5. How is the sympathy of the Confederate soldier his downfall in the story "Mountain Victory"?
6. What is the result of Ira Ewing's lax parenting in the story "Golden Land"?
7. How does Harrison Blair's wife feel about him?
8. What material does Roger Howes use to pen his latest novel in the story "Artist at Home"?
9. How does Wash die?
10. How is Davy's life saved during a murder attempt in the story "The Leg"?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)