|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of the story "Turnabout," how does Borgard feel about the young English soldier he rescued?
(a) He envies him.
(b) He is confused by him.
(c) He respects him
(d) He despises him.
2. Which of the following statements is true about Wash's female relative?
(a) She gets pregnant and has one child a year for five years.
(b) She cannot have children.
(c) She gets pregnant and gives birth to a baby girl.
(d) She gets pregnant and gives birth to twin boys.
3. What sad event forces Amy out of the house to take up a life of partying?
(a) Her mother dies.
(b) Her baby dies.
(c) She loses her job.
(d) She gets a divorce.
4. What is another word for "crevasse"?
5. What is Alec Gray punished for NOT doing in the Army?
(b) Shining his shoes.
(d) Making his bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters is NOT involved with telling the story of Harrison Blair's chase of the fox?
2. In which city do Hubert Jarrod and Louise King meet in the story "Dr Martino"?
3. Which of the following statements about Dr Martino is true?
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes the soldier named Borgard in the story "Turnabout"?
5. How is the narrator of the story "Pennsylvania Station" related to the dead woman?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the lover react to the news that the husband has granted his wife a divorce in the story "Honor"?
2. How doesd Ira Ewing's mother react to her resettlement in California?
3. How does Amy's life change after the death of her first child in the story "The Brooch"?
4. How does Wash die?
5. How does Danny treat his mother in the story "Pennsylvania Station"?
6. How does Harrison Blair's wife feel about him?
7. Why does Alec Gray kill his commanding officer?
8. How do lovers Melisandre and Phillip Backhouse meet in the story "My Grandmother Millard and General Bedford and the Battle of Harrykin Creek"?
9. How is Davy's life saved during a murder attempt in the story "The Leg"?
10. How do Hubert Jarrod and Louisa King meet in the story "Dr Martino"?
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)