|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the war is over, where does Alec Gray move?
(a) To New York City.
(b) To London.
(c) To Paris.
(d) To Barcelona.
2. When Alec Gray loses his job, what does he use to iron his clothes?
(a) A cold iron.
(b) Hand weights.
(d) Heavy books.
3. Which of the following lucky pendants does Dr Martino give to Louise to help her overcome her fears?
(a) A rabbit's foot.
(b) A shiny penny.
(c) A four-leaf clover.
(d) A Saint Christopher.
4. During which war was the Day of Armistice?
(a) The Vietnam War.
(b) World War II.
(c) The Civil War.
(d) World War I.
5. What happens to Satoris at the end of the story "All the Dead Pilots"?
(a) He is killed.
(b) He forgives Spoomer.
(c) He is captured by enemy soldiers.
(d) He is kicked out of the Army.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story "The Mistral," which of the following facts is NOT true about the dead man's fiancee?
2. How does Boyd's mother find out that Amy has lost her brooch?
3. In the story "Artist at Home," what does Roger Howes do for a living?
4. What is another word for "crevasse"?
5. What does the English soldier think about Borgard's flying ability in the story "Turnabout"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the townsfolk feel about Harrison Blair's hunting style in the story "Foxhunt"?
2. How does Amy's life change after the death of her first child in the story "The Brooch"?
3. How does Wash die?
4. Who is Dr. Martino?
5. How does Danny treat his mother in the story "Pennsylvania Station"?
6. Why does Hubert Jarrod feel as though he has been tricked by Mrs. King, Louisa's mother?
7. How does the lover react to the news that the husband has granted his wife a divorce in the story "Honor"?
8. How does the American soldier Borgard meet the young English soldier in the story "Turnabout"?
9. How does the husband in the story "Honor" react to the news of his wife's extramarital affair?
10. Why is Satoris sentenced to serve time with the Camel squadron?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)