|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the Indian chief communicate with the president in the story "Lo"?
(a) Through letters.
(b) Through messengers.
(c) Through smoke signals.
(d) Through telephone calls.
2. Who suggests that Lucius go visit the Indians to cure his ailment?
3. What shocking item does Emily Grierson purchase from the druggist in town?
4. Although she is beautiful, which of the following adjectives best describes Herman Basket's sister?
5. Where is David Hogganbeck when he nearly loses his life in competition?
(a) On a riverboat.
(b) In a cave.
(c) On a mountaintop.
(d) In the jungle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following facts about Uncle Willy is NOT true?
2. What animal does Doom kill using a salt he has brought back from the white man's land?
3. What does Hawkshaw do for a living in the story "Hair"?
4. When Doom wants to settle an argument between two men in his tribe, what engineering challenge does he create?
5. How old is Pete's younger brother when he decides he wants to join the Army?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the Indians come to the president's office seeking advice in the story "Lo"?
2. How does McLendon treat women in the story "Dry September"?
3. What do the townsfolk find behind the locked door in Emily Grierson's home after she dies?
4. Why is Abner Snope ordered to pay de Spain bushels of corn, and what is Abner's reaction to this order?
5. What series of events takes place when Minnie realizes that there are mules in her yard in the story of the same name?
6. What competition do Ikkemotubbe and David Hogganbeck find themselves in in the story "A Courtship"?
7. Why are the investigator and the marshal at the home of two young boys in the story "The Tall Men"?
8. In the story "A Justice," why does Doom leave his tribe and where does he go?
9. What happens when Minnie Cooper attempts to leave her home on the day after the attack in "Dry September"?
10. Why do the Jefferson townsfolk pity Emily Grierson after her father dies?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)