|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are the Indians searching for the slave?
(a) In the woods.
(b) In the desert.
(c) In the mountains.
(d) On the plantation.
2. Although she is beautiful, which of the following adjectives best describes Herman Basket's sister?
3. What is the name of the company Captain Warren pilots for in the story "Death Drag"?
(a) Jet Away and Fly.
(b) The Company of Wings.
(c) Royal Flying Corps.
(d) Aireal Barnam.
4. Which of the following ailments does not befall the first pilot in the story "Death Drag"?
(a) His stomach isn't able to digest food.
(b) His voice goes mute.
(c) His body develops a nervous tic.
(d) His hair turns white.
5. What devastating fact does Pappy find out about the black woman he is in love with?
(a) She is racist.
(b) She is already married.
(c) She does not love him.
(d) She is barren.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Pete and his brother hear about the war that is tearing their country apart?
2. Before he left the tribe, how was Doom treated by the rest of his tribe?
3. What part of de Spain's property does Abner burn down in a rage of revenge?
4. What does the father of the two young boys tell them to do when he sees the party that has come to arrest them?
5. At the end of the story "Lo," what does the president order his men to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the investigator and the marshal at the home of two young boys in the story "The Tall Men"?
2. What competition do Ikkemotubbe and David Hogganbeck find themselves in in the story "A Courtship"?
3. How does Sam Fathers earn his birth name?
4. How does Pete's family react when he is killed in combat in the story "Shall Not Perish"?
5. Why are the two Indians in "Red Leaves" searching for their chief's slave?
6. What series of events takes place when Minnie realizes that there are mules in her yard in the story of the same name?
7. How is Sarty involved in his father's death?
8. How does the father in "The Tall Men" cope with the surgery he must undergo before his sons are taken away from him?
9. What happens to Lucius Provine when he travels to the Indian reservation?
10. Why does Res Grier offer a hound dog to two of his co-workers?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)