|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about the little orphan girl Hawkshaw meets is unusually colored?
(a) Her hair.
(b) Her clothing.
(c) Her eyes.
(d) Her teeth.
2. What part of de Spain's house does Abner allegedly ruin in "Barn Burning"?
(a) His drapes.
(b) His living room sofa.
(c) His dining room table.
(d) His carpet.
3. Which of the following adjectives best describes Flem Snopes in the story "Centaur in Brass"?
4. What does Hawkshaw do for a living in the story "Hair"?
(a) He is a dentist.
(b) He is a barber.
(c) He is a doctor.
(d) He is a stylist.
5. What is the name of Abner Snope's only son?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Minnie on the first day she leaves her apartment after the attack?
2. What is Sam Fathers' heritage in the story "A Justice"?
3. Which of the following government officials does NOT arrive at the home of the two boys in "The Tall Men"?
4. How old is Pete's younger brother when he decides he wants to join the Army?
5. Who is responsible for the mysterious deaths of the chief and all his successors?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Res Grier offer a hound dog to two of his co-workers?
2. Why is Abner Snope ordered to pay de Spain bushels of corn, and what is Abner's reaction to this order?
3. Whom does the desirable woman in "A Courtship" decide to marry, and how does she make her decision?
4. What request does Pappy make of Doom when he returns to the tribe, and what is Doom's response?
5. What rumor spreads through town about Minnie Cooper, and how do the townsfolk react in the story "Dry September"?
6. What happens when Flem Snopes attempts to turn his two black co-workers against each other in the story "Centaur in Brass"?
7. What happens when young Georgie goes to visit his Uncle Rodney in the story "That Will Be Fine"?
8. How does Lucius Provine treat the black people in his neighborhood when he is a child?
9. How does the father in "The Tall Men" cope with the surgery he must undergo before his sons are taken away from him?
10. Why is Res Grier accused of arson?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)