|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of de Spain's house does Abner allegedly ruin in "Barn Burning"?
(a) His living room sofa.
(b) His carpet.
(c) His drapes.
(d) His dining room table.
2. What is the name of Abner Snope's only son?
3. What is Sam Father's real birth name?
4. What request does Pappy make of Doom when Doom returns to his tribe?
(a) To be made chief.
(b) To be made a warrior.
(c) To be married.
(d) To be set free of his tribe.
5. At the end of the story "Elly," which of the following is the only character who is still alive?
(c) None of the above, all the characters die.
(d) Paul de Montigny.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story "Lo," how does the president spy on the two Indians near his office?
2. What part of the black men's clothing did Lucius Provine burn when he was a child?
3. What building is Res Grier in charge of reshingling?
4. Which of the following things motivates the pilots in "Death Drag" to perform such dangerous tricks when traveling town to town?
5. Which of the following relatives does Elly live with in the story "Elly"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What gift does Richard Howes purchase for his wife when his latest novel sells, and what is her reaction to the gift?
2. What happens when Flem Snopes attempts to turn his two black co-workers against each other in the story "Centaur in Brass"?
3. How does the father in "The Tall Men" cope with the surgery he must undergo before his sons are taken away from him?
4. What was Ira Ewing's childhood like in the story "Golden Land"?
5. What competition do Ikkemotubbe and David Hogganbeck find themselves in in the story "A Courtship"?
6. How do the townsfolk feel about Harrison Blair's hunting style in the story "Foxhunt"?
7. How does Lucius Provine treat the black people in his neighborhood when he is a child?
8. What happens to Lucius Provine when he travels to the Indian reservation?
9. What material does Roger Howes use to pen his latest novel in the story "Artist at Home"?
10. How is Sarty involved in his father's death?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)