|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What crop does the family in "The Tall Men" grow?
2. How many men is Res Grier working with to reshingle the church in "Shingles for God"?
3. Who is responsible for the mysterious deaths of the chief and all his successors?
(c) Sam Feathers.
4. How does the Indian chief communicate with the president in the story "Lo"?
(a) Through smoke signals.
(b) Through letters.
(c) Through telephone calls.
(d) Through messengers.
5. What is the name of the black man who is killed for assaulting Minnie Cooper in the story "Dry September"?
(a) Tomas Frank.
(b) Will Mayes.
(c) Alan Barks.
(d) Charlie Delay.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who shoots Abner Snope?
2. What does the father of the two young boys tell them to do when he sees the party that has come to arrest them?
3. How old is Pete's younger brother when he decides he wants to join the Army?
4. How do Pete and his brother hear about the war that is tearing their country apart?
5. Homer Barron is from what part of the United States?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the townsfolk find behind the locked door in Emily Grierson's home after she dies?
2. What happens when Minnie Cooper attempts to leave her home on the day after the attack in "Dry September"?
3. How does Nancy react to life in jail in the story "The Evening Sun"?
4. What is life like for Alec Gray after he leaves the Army?
5. Why does Hubert Jarrod feel as though he has been tricked by Mrs. King, Louisa's mother?
6. Why do the Indians come to the president's office seeking advice in the story "Lo"?
7. How do lovers Melisandre and Phillip Backhouse meet in the story "My Grandmother Millard and General Bedford and the Battle of Harrykin Creek"?
8. How does the Appalachian family treat the Confederate soldier and his servant in the story "Mountain Victory"?
9. What happens when young Georgie goes to visit his Uncle Rodney in the story "That Will Be Fine"?
10. How does Harrison Blair's wife feel about him?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)