|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following stories is the sequel to "Two Soldiers"?
(a) "Barn Burning."
(b) "Shall Not Perish."
(c) "Bear Hunt."
(d) "The Tall Men."
2. What does Abner Snope do for a living?
(a) He is a farmer.
(b) He is a teacher.
(c) He is an architect.
(d) He is a doctor.
3. In the story "Lo," how does the president spy on the two Indians near his office?
(a) With a mirror.
(b) Through the telegraph system.
(c) With a cup to the door.
(d) Through the cracks in the fence.
4. What is the name of the man who is the rightful owner of the animal Res Grier is trying to sell to settle his debts?
5. Which of the following vehicles does Uncle Willy crash, killing himself?
(a) A boat.
(b) A car.
(c) A train.
(d) An airplane.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the story "Lo," what does the president order his men to do?
2. Which of the following ailments does not befall the first pilot in the story "Death Drag"?
3. What vegetable is Abner Snope ordered to use to pay back his debts?
4. How old is the young boy to whom Sam Fathers is telling his life story?
5. Which of the following facts about Uncle Willy is NOT true?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the Indians come to the president's office seeking advice in the story "Lo"?
2. What rumor spreads through town about Minnie Cooper, and how do the townsfolk react in the story "Dry September"?
3. What competition do Ikkemotubbe and David Hogganbeck find themselves in in the story "A Courtship"?
4. How does Nancy react to life in jail in the story "The Evening Sun"?
5. What mysterious events began to occur once Doom arrives back at his Indian tribe?
6. What happens to Lucius Provine when he travels to the Indian reservation?
7. What of Hawkshaw's behavior do the townsfolk find unusual in the story "Hair"?
8. What happens when Flem Snopes attempts to turn his two black co-workers against each other in the story "Centaur in Brass"?
9. Why is Lucius Provine sent to see the Indian doctor while out on a bear hunt?
10. How is the slave finally captured in the story "Red Leaves"?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)