|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of Mannie's relatives is killed driving mules while working for Snopes?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her son.
2. What is it about Paul de Montigny that makes him an unsuitable boyfriend for Elly?
(a) He is black.
(b) He is biracial.
(c) He is uneducated.
(d) He is poor.
3. What religious group attempts to save Willy's life by sending him to an asylum in the story "Uncle Willy"?
4. How many pilots make up the stunt team in the story "Death Drag"?
5. What building is Res Grier in charge of reshingling?
(a) The hospital.
(b) The police office.
(c) The church.
(d) The school.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story "A Courtship," what does David Hogganbeck drive for a living?
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes the competition between David Hogganbeck and Ikkemotubbe?
3. Why does the president decide to hold a "mock trial" for the Indian chief's nephew?
4. What do the townsfolk find lying on the pillow next to Homer Barron's corpse?
5. To which city does Pete travel in order to enlist in the Army?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the investigator and the marshal at the home of two young boys in the story "The Tall Men"?
2. What series of events takes place when Minnie realizes that there are mules in her yard in the story of the same name?
3. What happens when young Georgie goes to visit his Uncle Rodney in the story "That Will Be Fine"?
4. Why is Abner Snope ordered to pay de Spain bushels of corn, and what is Abner's reaction to this order?
5. How does McLendon treat women in the story "Dry September"?
6. How does Lucius Provine treat the black people in his neighborhood when he is a child?
7. Why does Res Grier offer a hound dog to two of his co-workers?
8. In the story "A Justice," why does Doom leave his tribe and where does he go?
9. In the story "Lo," why is the president uncomfortable with the Native Americans who come to him for advice?
10. How does Nancy react to life in jail in the story "The Evening Sun"?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)