|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religious group attempts to save Willy's life by sending him to an asylum in the story "Uncle Willy"?
2. Where does Tom-Tom dispose of the scrap metal Flem Snopes has been hiding?
(a) In the garbage dump.
(b) In the incinerator.
(c) In the boiler.
(d) In the water tank.
3. What does the father of the two young boys tell them to do when he sees the party that has come to arrest them?
(a) He tells them to fight.
(b) He tells them run.
(c) He tells them to pray.
(d) He tells them join.
4. What is the name of the Indian man Herman Basket's sister marries?
5. Where are the Indians searching for the slave?
(a) In the mountains.
(b) In the woods.
(c) On the plantation.
(d) In the desert.
Short Answer Questions
1. What liquor does the father in "The Tall Men" drink for anesthetic before his surgery?
2. At the end of the story "Elly," which of the following is the only character who is still alive?
3. Which of the following metals is used to make the whistle in Flem Snopes' story?
4. Which of the following ailments does not befall the first pilot in the story "Death Drag"?
5. What is the only thing Emily's father leaves to her in his will?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when young Georgie goes to visit his Uncle Rodney in the story "That Will Be Fine"?
2. What rumor spreads through town about Minnie Cooper, and how do the townsfolk react in the story "Dry September"?
3. Why do the Indians come to the president's office seeking advice in the story "Lo"?
4. How is Sarty involved in his father's death?
5. How does McLendon treat women in the story "Dry September"?
6. In the story "Lo," why is the president uncomfortable with the Native Americans who come to him for advice?
7. What request does Pappy make of Doom when he returns to the tribe, and what is Doom's response?
8. What happens to Lucius Provine when he travels to the Indian reservation?
9. What happens when Minnie Cooper attempts to leave her home on the day after the attack in "Dry September"?
10. Why is Res Grier accused of arson?
This section contains 960 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)