|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many pilots make up the stunt team in the story "Death Drag"?
2. What is the name of the black man who is killed for assaulting Minnie Cooper in the story "Dry September"?
(a) Tomas Frank.
(b) Alan Barks.
(c) Will Mayes.
(d) Charlie Delay.
3. What liquor does the father in "The Tall Men" drink for anesthetic before his surgery?
4. Which of the following things motivates the pilots in "Death Drag" to perform such dangerous tricks when traveling town to town?
5. What vegetable is Abner Snope ordered to use to pay back his debts?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following relatives does Elly live with in the story "Elly"?
2. Who shoots Abner Snope?
3. What is the name of Sam Fathers' true father?
4. When Doom wants to settle an argument between two men in his tribe, what type of fight does he arrange?
5. At the end of the story "Elly," which of the following is the only character who is still alive?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Flem Snopes attempts to turn his two black co-workers against each other in the story "Centaur in Brass"?
2. Why does Res Grier offer a hound dog to two of his co-workers?
3. Why are the two Indians in "Red Leaves" searching for their chief's slave?
4. What happens to Lucius Provine when he travels to the Indian reservation?
5. What request does Pappy make of Doom when he returns to the tribe, and what is Doom's response?
6. What of Hawkshaw's behavior do the townsfolk find unusual in the story "Hair"?
7. Why do the Indians come to the president's office seeking advice in the story "Lo"?
8. Why do the Jefferson townsfolk pity Emily Grierson after her father dies?
9. Why are the investigator and the marshal at the home of two young boys in the story "The Tall Men"?
10. How does Nancy react to life in jail in the story "The Evening Sun"?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)