|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Doom wants to settle an argument between two men in his tribe, what type of fight does he arrange?
(a) A cock fight.
(b) A fistfight.
(c) A cowboy's dual.
(d) A dog fight.
2. Although she is beautiful, which of the following adjectives best describes Herman Basket's sister?
3. What is Sam Fathers' heritage in the story "A Justice"?
(a) Half Native American, half white
(b) Full-blooded Native American.
(c) Half black, half white
(d) Half Native American, half black.
4. What part of de Spain's property does Abner burn down in a rage of revenge?
(a) His fields.
(b) His church.
(c) His house.
(d) His barn.
5. What religious group attempts to save Willy's life by sending him to an asylum in the story "Uncle Willy"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What vegetable is Abner Snope ordered to use to pay back his debts?
2. Which of Mannie's relatives is killed driving mules while working for Snopes?
3. How old is the young boy to whom Sam Fathers is telling his life story?
4. Why does the president decide to hold a "mock trial" for the Indian chief's nephew?
5. What crime is Res Grier accused of in the end of the story "Shingles for the Lord"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the townsfolk find behind the locked door in Emily Grierson's home after she dies?
2. In the story "Lo," why is the president uncomfortable with the Native Americans who come to him for advice?
3. How does the father in "The Tall Men" cope with the surgery he must undergo before his sons are taken away from him?
4. What happens when young Georgie goes to visit his Uncle Rodney in the story "That Will Be Fine"?
5. Why are the investigator and the marshal at the home of two young boys in the story "The Tall Men"?
6. What request does Pappy make of Doom when he returns to the tribe, and what is Doom's response?
7. How does Lucius Provine treat the black people in his neighborhood when he is a child?
8. How is the slave finally captured in the story "Red Leaves"?
9. Why is Lucius Provine sent to see the Indian doctor while out on a bear hunt?
10. What of Hawkshaw's behavior do the townsfolk find unusual in the story "Hair"?
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)