|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following government officials does NOT arrive at the home of the two boys in "The Tall Men"?
(a) A parson.
(b) A recruiter.
(c) A marshal.
(d) An investigator.
2. What religious group attempts to save Willy's life by sending him to an asylum in the story "Uncle Willy"?
3. How long did Doom live away from his tribe?
(a) Thirty-seven years.
(b) Seven years.
(c) Seventeen years.
(d) Twenty-seven years.
4. Which of the following adjectives does NOT describe the family from the story "The Tall Men"?
5. What about the little orphan girl Hawkshaw meets is unusually colored?
(a) Her eyes.
(b) Her teeth.
(c) Her hair.
(d) Her clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Sam Fathers' true father?
2. In the story "A Courtship," what does David Hogganbeck drive for a living?
3. When Doom wants to settle an argument between two men in his tribe, what type of fight does he arrange?
4. What is the name of the company Captain Warren pilots for in the story "Death Drag"?
5. Which of Mannie's relatives is killed driving mules while working for Snopes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Lucius Provine sent to see the Indian doctor while out on a bear hunt?
2. Why do the Indians come to the president's office seeking advice in the story "Lo"?
3. Why do the Jefferson townsfolk pity Emily Grierson after her father dies?
4. What happens when Flem Snopes attempts to turn his two black co-workers against each other in the story "Centaur in Brass"?
5. What happens when Minnie Cooper attempts to leave her home on the day after the attack in "Dry September"?
6. How does McLendon treat women in the story "Dry September"?
7. How is Sarty involved in his father's death?
8. Why are the two Indians in "Red Leaves" searching for their chief's slave?
9. In the story "Lo," why is the president uncomfortable with the Native Americans who come to him for advice?
10. How does Pete's family react when he is killed in combat in the story "Shall Not Perish"?
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)