|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the leader of the mob that kills Minnie Cooper's attacker in the story "Dry September"?
2. How does the servant at the rich family's home treat Pete's family when they come offering comfort?
(a) He is kind to them.
(b) He is angry with them.
(c) He is rude to them.
(d) He confuses them.
3. What vegetable is Abner Snope ordered to use to pay back his debts?
4. In the story "A Courtship," what does David Hogganbeck drive for a living?
(a) A fighter jet.
(b) A tractor.
(c) A taxi cab.
(d) A steamboat.
5. Although she is beautiful, which of the following adjectives best describes Herman Basket's sister?
Short Answer Questions
1. To which city does Pete travel in order to enlist in the Army?
2. How do Pete and his brother hear about the war that is tearing their country apart?
3. How many pilots make up the stunt team in the story "Death Drag"?
4. Where is David Hogganbeck when he nearly loses his life in competition?
5. When Doom wants to settle an argument between two men in his tribe, what engineering challenge does he create?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sam Fathers earn his birth name?
2. What happens to Lucius Provine when he travels to the Indian reservation?
3. In the story "A Justice," why does Doom leave his tribe and where does he go?
4. Why are the two Indians in "Red Leaves" searching for their chief's slave?
5. Why is Res Grier accused of arson?
6. What of Hawkshaw's behavior do the townsfolk find unusual in the story "Hair"?
7. In the story "Lo," why is the president uncomfortable with the Native Americans who come to him for advice?
8. How does Pete's family react when he is killed in combat in the story "Shall Not Perish"?
9. Why is Abner Snope ordered to pay de Spain bushels of corn, and what is Abner's reaction to this order?
10. What do the townsfolk find behind the locked door in Emily Grierson's home after she dies?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)