|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sam Fathers' heritage in the story "A Justice"?
(a) Half black, half white
(b) Full-blooded Native American.
(c) Half Native American, half white
(d) Half Native American, half black.
2. Which of the following holidays is Georgie anxiously anticipating in the story "That Will Be Fine"?
(a) His birthday.
3. What part of de Spain's property does Abner burn down in a rage of revenge?
(a) His church.
(b) His fields.
(c) His barn.
(d) His house.
4. Whom does Res Grier take with him when he returns to work on the church in the middle of the night?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His nephew.
(c) His son.
(d) His brother.
5. Where is David Hogganbeck when he nearly loses his life in competition?
(a) On a riverboat.
(b) In the jungle.
(c) On a mountaintop.
(d) In a cave.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story "Red Leaves," how many Indians are searching for the chief's slave?
2. What type of snake bites the runaway slave in the story "Red Leaves"?
3. Of what crime is the nephew of the Indian chief in the story "Lo" accused?
4. What is the name of Sam Fathers' true father?
5. How much money does Mannie give to Snopes after she shoots his prize mule in the story "Mule in the Yard"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lucius Provine treat the black people in his neighborhood when he is a child?
2. Why is Abner Snope ordered to pay de Spain bushels of corn, and what is Abner's reaction to this order?
3. What mysterious events began to occur once Doom arrives back at his Indian tribe?
4. How does the father in "The Tall Men" cope with the surgery he must undergo before his sons are taken away from him?
5. How does Nancy react to life in jail in the story "The Evening Sun"?
6. What happens when Minnie Cooper attempts to leave her home on the day after the attack in "Dry September"?
7. Whom does the desirable woman in "A Courtship" decide to marry, and how does she make her decision?
8. Why does Res Grier offer a hound dog to two of his co-workers?
9. Why do the Jefferson townsfolk pity Emily Grierson after her father dies?
10. Why are the two Indians in "Red Leaves" searching for their chief's slave?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)