|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Abner Snope's only son?
2. What is the name of the man who is the rightful owner of the animal Res Grier is trying to sell to settle his debts?
3. What shocking item does Emily Grierson purchase from the druggist in town?
4. What is the name of the Indian man Herman Basket's sister marries?
5. With whom does the president discuss "the situation" of the Indians near his quarters?
(a) The senate.
(b) His secretary.
(c) His wife.
(d) His vice president.
Short Answer Questions
1. What about the little orphan girl Hawkshaw meets is unusually colored?
2. How many pilots make up the stunt team in the story "Death Drag"?
3. How did Hawkshaw's fiance die?
4. How do Pete and his brother hear about the war that is tearing their country apart?
5. How much money does Mannie give to Snopes after she shoots his prize mule in the story "Mule in the Yard"?
Short Essay Questions
1. What mysterious events began to occur once Doom arrives back at his Indian tribe?
2. In the story "A Justice," why does Doom leave his tribe and where does he go?
3. What happens when young Georgie goes to visit his Uncle Rodney in the story "That Will Be Fine"?
4. Why is Lucius Provine sent to see the Indian doctor while out on a bear hunt?
5. In the story "Lo," why is the president uncomfortable with the Native Americans who come to him for advice?
6. Why is Res Grier accused of arson?
7. What competition do Ikkemotubbe and David Hogganbeck find themselves in in the story "A Courtship"?
8. How does McLendon treat women in the story "Dry September"?
9. How does Lucius Provine treat the black people in his neighborhood when he is a child?
10. What happens to Lucius Provine when he travels to the Indian reservation?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)