|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Doom wants to settle an argument between two men in his tribe, what engineering challenge does he create?
(a) A boat-building competition.
(b) A teepee-building competition.
(c) A fence-building competition.
(d) A bridge-building competition.
2. What devastating fact does Pappy find out about the black woman he is in love with?
(a) She is already married.
(b) She is racist.
(c) She does not love him.
(d) She is barren.
3. What crime is Res Grier accused of in the end of the story "Shingles for the Lord"?
4. What is the name of Sam Fathers' true father?
(a) Sam Senior.
5. Where are the Indians searching for the slave?
(a) In the mountains.
(b) In the desert.
(c) In the woods.
(d) On the plantation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Res Grier try to sell in order to settle his debts with his co-workers?
2. What animal does Doom kill using a salt he has brought back from the white man's land?
3. Which of the following government officials does NOT arrive at the home of the two boys in "The Tall Men"?
4. Before he left the tribe, how was Doom treated by the rest of his tribe?
5. Whom does Res Grier take with him when he returns to work on the church in the middle of the night?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Nancy react to life in jail in the story "The Evening Sun"?
2. How is Sarty involved in his father's death?
3. What happens when young Georgie goes to visit his Uncle Rodney in the story "That Will Be Fine"?
4. What mysterious events began to occur once Doom arrives back at his Indian tribe?
5. In the story "Lo," why is the president uncomfortable with the Native Americans who come to him for advice?
6. What do the townsfolk find behind the locked door in Emily Grierson's home after she dies?
7. What rumor spreads through town about Minnie Cooper, and how do the townsfolk react in the story "Dry September"?
8. What series of events takes place when Minnie realizes that there are mules in her yard in the story of the same name?
9. What happens when Flem Snopes attempts to turn his two black co-workers against each other in the story "Centaur in Brass"?
10. How does the father in "The Tall Men" cope with the surgery he must undergo before his sons are taken away from him?
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)