|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What weapon does Pete's younger brother use to attack the bus depot worker and the Army lieutenant?
(a) A gun.
(b) A lead pipe.
(c) A grenade.
(d) A knife.
2. Although she is beautiful, which of the following adjectives best describes Herman Basket's sister?
3. How old is Emily Grierson when she dies?
4. What is Emily Grierson's initial response after her father dies?
(a) She denies that her father is dead.
(b) She throws a party, celebrating her father's life.
(c) She decides not to go into mourning.
(d) She cries continually for three days.
5. What vegetable is Abner Snope ordered to use to pay back his debts?
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal does Res Grier try to sell in order to settle his debts with his co-workers?
2. How many pilots make up the stunt team in the story "Death Drag"?
3. What is the name of the leader of the mob that kills Minnie Cooper's attacker in the story "Dry September"?
4. Which of the following facts about Uncle Willy is NOT true?
5. When Doom wants to settle an argument between two men in his tribe, what type of fight does he arrange?
Short Essay Questions
1. What of Hawkshaw's behavior do the townsfolk find unusual in the story "Hair"?
2. What do the townsfolk find behind the locked door in Emily Grierson's home after she dies?
3. In the story "A Justice," why does Doom leave his tribe and where does he go?
4. Why do the Indians come to the president's office seeking advice in the story "Lo"?
5. Why is Abner Snope ordered to pay de Spain bushels of corn, and what is Abner's reaction to this order?
6. Why is Res Grier accused of arson?
7. Whom does the desirable woman in "A Courtship" decide to marry, and how does she make her decision?
8. How does the father in "The Tall Men" cope with the surgery he must undergo before his sons are taken away from him?
9. What happens when Flem Snopes attempts to turn his two black co-workers against each other in the story "Centaur in Brass"?
10. What series of events takes place when Minnie realizes that there are mules in her yard in the story of the same name?
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)