|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Paul de Montigny feel about marrying Elly?
(a) He is apathetic about marrying her.
(b) He does not want to marry her.
(c) He is not sure if he wants to marry her.
(d) He desperately wants to marry her.
2. What is Emily Grierson's initial response after her father dies?
(a) She decides not to go into mourning.
(b) She throws a party, celebrating her father's life.
(c) She cries continually for three days.
(d) She denies that her father is dead.
3. Which of the following adjectives does NOT describe the family from the story "The Tall Men"?
4. How long did Doom live away from his tribe?
(a) Seven years.
(b) Seventeen years.
(c) Thirty-seven years.
(d) Twenty-seven years.
5. What is the name of the black man who is killed for assaulting Minnie Cooper in the story "Dry September"?
(a) Will Mayes.
(b) Charlie Delay.
(c) Tomas Frank.
(d) Alan Barks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suggests that Lucius go visit the Indians to cure his ailment?
2. Which of the following ailments does not befall the first pilot in the story "Death Drag"?
3. What does the father of the two young boys tell them to do when he sees the party that has come to arrest them?
4. Of what crime is the nephew of the Indian chief in the story "Lo" accused?
5. In the story "Lo," how does the president spy on the two Indians near his office?
Short Essay Questions
1. What request does Pappy make of Doom when he returns to the tribe, and what is Doom's response?
2. How does Sam Fathers earn his birth name?
3. Why are the two Indians in "Red Leaves" searching for their chief's slave?
4. What do the townsfolk find behind the locked door in Emily Grierson's home after she dies?
5. What series of events takes place when Minnie realizes that there are mules in her yard in the story of the same name?
6. Why does Res Grier offer a hound dog to two of his co-workers?
7. How does McLendon treat women in the story "Dry September"?
8. What happens to Lucius Provine when he travels to the Indian reservation?
9. What rumor spreads through town about Minnie Cooper, and how do the townsfolk react in the story "Dry September"?
10. What happens when Minnie Cooper attempts to leave her home on the day after the attack in "Dry September"?
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)