|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Doom live away from his tribe?
(a) Seven years.
(b) Seventeen years.
(c) Thirty-seven years.
(d) Twenty-seven years.
2. What is Sam Fathers' heritage in the story "A Justice"?
(a) Half black, half white
(b) Half Native American, half black.
(c) Half Native American, half white
(d) Full-blooded Native American.
3. Which of the following metals is used to make the whistle in Flem Snopes' story?
4. What crime is Res Grier accused of in the end of the story "Shingles for the Lord"?
5. Who suggests that Lucius go visit the Indians to cure his ailment?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man who is the rightful owner of the animal Res Grier is trying to sell to settle his debts?
2. In "A Bear Hunt," which part of the town do all the children think is haunted?
3. Where are the Indians searching for the slave?
4. At the end of the story "Lo," what does the president order his men to do?
5. What type of snake bites the runaway slave in the story "Red Leaves"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the two Indians in "Red Leaves" searching for their chief's slave?
2. Why is Lucius Provine sent to see the Indian doctor while out on a bear hunt?
3. What do the townsfolk find behind the locked door in Emily Grierson's home after she dies?
4. Why is Abner Snope ordered to pay de Spain bushels of corn, and what is Abner's reaction to this order?
5. How does Pete's family react when he is killed in combat in the story "Shall Not Perish"?
6. How is the slave finally captured in the story "Red Leaves"?
7. Why are the investigator and the marshal at the home of two young boys in the story "The Tall Men"?
8. In the story "Lo," why is the president uncomfortable with the Native Americans who come to him for advice?
9. How does Lucius Provine treat the black people in his neighborhood when he is a child?
10. What request does Pappy make of Doom when he returns to the tribe, and what is Doom's response?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)