|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Doom live away from his tribe?
(a) Seventeen years.
(b) Thirty-seven years.
(c) Twenty-seven years.
(d) Seven years.
2. Where does Tom-Tom dispose of the scrap metal Flem Snopes has been hiding?
(a) In the garbage dump.
(b) In the incinerator.
(c) In the boiler.
(d) In the water tank.
3. What part of de Spain's property does Abner burn down in a rage of revenge?
(a) His church.
(b) His house.
(c) His barn.
(d) His fields.
4. Why do the Native Americans want to hold a trial for the chief's nephew in the white man's court?
(a) So he will be properly punished.
(b) Out of curiosity.
(c) Out of respect.
(d) Out of fear.
5. Which of the following holidays is Georgie anxiously anticipating in the story "That Will Be Fine"?
(a) His birthday.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Pete is killed in combat, how long do his parents take off of work to mourn for him?
2. Where are the Indians searching for the slave?
3. What does Abner Snope do for a living?
4. Who is responsible for the mysterious deaths of the chief and all his successors?
5. What building is Res Grier in charge of reshingling?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the traveling soldiers who are trying to escape enemy fire in the story "Crevasse"?
2. Why does Hubert Jarrod feel as though he has been tricked by Mrs. King, Louisa's mother?
3. What of Hawkshaw's behavior do the townsfolk find unusual in the story "Hair"?
4. What do the townsfolk find behind the locked door in Emily Grierson's home after she dies?
5. How do lovers Melisandre and Phillip Backhouse meet in the story "My Grandmother Millard and General Bedford and the Battle of Harrykin Creek"?
6. How does Pete's family react when he is killed in combat in the story "Shall Not Perish"?
7. What is life like for Alec Gray after he leaves the Army?
8. On what image does Faulkner end the story "Crevasse"?
9. How is the slave finally captured in the story "Red Leaves"?
10. Why does Res Grier offer a hound dog to two of his co-workers?
This section contains 913 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)