|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which city does Pete travel in order to enlist in the Army?
(d) Baton Rouge.
2. How many pilots make up the stunt team in the story "Death Drag"?
3. What is the name of Sam Fathers' true father?
(c) Sam Senior.
4. What is Sam Fathers' heritage in the story "A Justice"?
(a) Full-blooded Native American.
(b) Half black, half white
(c) Half Native American, half black.
(d) Half Native American, half white
5. How does the Indian chief communicate with the president in the story "Lo"?
(a) Through telephone calls.
(b) Through letters.
(c) Through messengers.
(d) Through smoke signals.
Short Answer Questions
1. Homer Barron is from what part of the United States?
2. What request does Pappy make of Doom when Doom returns to his tribe?
3. How does Paul de Montigny feel about marrying Elly?
4. When Res Grier is waiting for his friend to return from fox hunting, how late is he when he finally arrives at work?
5. How old is Emily Grierson when she dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Res Grier offer a hound dog to two of his co-workers?
2. How is Sarty involved in his father's death?
3. How does the father in "The Tall Men" cope with the surgery he must undergo before his sons are taken away from him?
4. What of Hawkshaw's behavior do the townsfolk find unusual in the story "Hair"?
5. Why are the investigator and the marshal at the home of two young boys in the story "The Tall Men"?
6. What rumor spreads through town about Minnie Cooper, and how do the townsfolk react in the story "Dry September"?
7. Why is Res Grier accused of arson?
8. How does Pete's family react when he is killed in combat in the story "Shall Not Perish"?
9. Whom does the desirable woman in "A Courtship" decide to marry, and how does she make her decision?
10. Why do the Indians come to the president's office seeking advice in the story "Lo"?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)