|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following relatives does Elly live with in the story "Elly"?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her aunt.
2. Which of the following holidays is Georgie anxiously anticipating in the story "That Will Be Fine"?
(b) His birthday.
3. Which of Mannie's relatives is killed driving mules while working for Snopes?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her husband.
4. What animal does Doom kill using a salt he has brought back from the white man's land?
(a) A fish.
(b) A bird.
(c) A kitten.
(d) A puppy.
5. What is the name of Abner Snope's only son?
Short Answer Questions
1. Although she is beautiful, which of the following adjectives best describes Herman Basket's sister?
2. To which city does Pete travel in order to enlist in the Army?
3. Who suggests that Lucius go visit the Indians to cure his ailment?
4. What does Hawkshaw do for a living in the story "Hair"?
5. After he left his tribe, where did Doom settle?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Pete's family react when he is killed in combat in the story "Shall Not Perish"?
2. How is the slave finally captured in the story "Red Leaves"?
3. Why is Abner Snope ordered to pay de Spain bushels of corn, and what is Abner's reaction to this order?
4. How does the father in "The Tall Men" cope with the surgery he must undergo before his sons are taken away from him?
5. What mysterious events began to occur once Doom arrives back at his Indian tribe?
6. What competition do Ikkemotubbe and David Hogganbeck find themselves in in the story "A Courtship"?
7. Why does Res Grier offer a hound dog to two of his co-workers?
8. How does Nancy react to life in jail in the story "The Evening Sun"?
9. What happens to Lucius Provine when he travels to the Indian reservation?
10. What of Hawkshaw's behavior do the townsfolk find unusual in the story "Hair"?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)