|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Res Grier try to sell in order to settle his debts with his co-workers?
(a) A dog.
(b) A goat.
(c) A horse.
(d) A cow.
2. What is the name of Sam Fathers' true father?
(c) Sam Senior.
3. Of what crime is the nephew of the Indian chief in the story "Lo" accused?
4. Which of the following metals is used to make the whistle in Flem Snopes' story?
5. With whom does the president discuss "the situation" of the Indians near his quarters?
(a) His vice president.
(b) His secretary.
(c) His wife.
(d) The senate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What request does Pappy make of Doom when Doom returns to his tribe?
2. After Pete is killed in combat, how long do his parents take off of work to mourn for him?
3. What is the name of the leader of the mob that kills Minnie Cooper's attacker in the story "Dry September"?
4. What is the name of the man who is the rightful owner of the animal Res Grier is trying to sell to settle his debts?
5. Homer Barron is from what part of the United States?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the townsfolk find behind the locked door in Emily Grierson's home after she dies?
2. How does McLendon treat women in the story "Dry September"?
3. What happens when young Georgie goes to visit his Uncle Rodney in the story "That Will Be Fine"?
4. How does Lucius Provine treat the black people in his neighborhood when he is a child?
5. Why are the two Indians in "Red Leaves" searching for their chief's slave?
6. Why do the Indians come to the president's office seeking advice in the story "Lo"?
7. How is the slave finally captured in the story "Red Leaves"?
8. How does Pete's family react when he is killed in combat in the story "Shall Not Perish"?
9. How is Sarty involved in his father's death?
10. Why does Res Grier offer a hound dog to two of his co-workers?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)