|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following characters is NOT involved with telling the story of Harrison Blair's chase of the fox?
(a) Harrison Blair's hunting mates.
(b) Harrison Blair's chauffer.
(c) Harrison Blair's servant.
(d) Harrison Blair.
2. On what type of mission does the young English soldier go with Borgard?
(a) A bombing mission.
(b) A search-and-rescue mission.
(c) An evacuation mission.
(d) A mapping mission.
3. How does Alec Gray react when he is sent to spend time in the penal battalion?
(a) He shouts at his commanding officer.
(b) He kills his commanding officer.
(c) He punches his commanding officer.
(d) He takes the punishment silently.
4. What does the English soldier think about Borgard's flying ability in the story "Turnabout"?
(a) He is apathetic.
(b) He is disappointed.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is impressed.
5. Where does Cousin Melisandre attempt to hide the valuables when the Yankees arrive?
(a) In the outhouse.
(b) In the coal cellar.
(c) In the well.
(d) In the apple orchard.
6. What is the last name of the Confederate soldier who stands up and protects Melisandre?
7. While Alec Gray is in the Army, what is his relationship with his family?
(c) He misses his family.
(d) He has no family.
8. What does Danny send to his mother's funeral, which greatly impresses the narrator of this story?
(a) A box of chocolates.
(b) A handwritten card.
(c) A bouquet of flowers.
(d) A wreath.
9. What position does Borgard hold in his Army battalion?
10. Where does Borgard find the young, drunken English soldier?
(a) In the hospital.
(b) In a brothel.
(c) On the streets.
(d) In a bar.
11. In the story "The Mistral," which of the following facts is NOT true about the dead man's fiancee?
(a) She is a suspect in his murder.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She is the daughter of a priest.
(d) She is adopted.
12. How old is Ira Ewing when he runs away from home in the story "Golden Land"?
13. In the story "Crevasse," how are the first 12 soldiers killed?
(a) In a monsoon.
(b) In an avalanche.
(c) In a tornado.
(d) In a hurricane.
14. In which country are George and Carl vacationing in the story "Divorce in Naples"?
15. What does Amy beg of her husband Howard Boyd?
(a) To kill his mother.
(b) To never speak to his mother again.
(c) To live in harmony with his mother.
(d) To move away from his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters is NOT present at the boating event in the story "The Leg"?
2. In the story "Victory," what country is the man visiting when he pretends to be an aristocrat?
3. What is the name of the squadron where Satoris is sent for punishment?
4. Which of the following statements is NOT true in the story "Wash"?
5. What type of animal does Spoomer keep as a pet?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)