|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of the story "Turnabout," how does Borgard feel about the young English soldier he rescued?
(a) He is confused by him.
(b) He despises him.
(c) He respects him
(d) He envies him.
2. After he resettles away from Nebraska, what does Ewing do for a living?
(a) Digs irrigation.
(b) Conducts trains.
(c) Sells real estate.
(d) Serves as a general in the Confederate army.
3. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Alec Gray?
(a) He is a decorated soldier.
(b) He was honorably discharged from the Army.
(c) He is very poor.
(d) He is of Caucasian decent.
4. In what state does Danny live?
(a) In Florida.
(b) In Washington.
(c) In California.
(d) In New York.
5. How does the husband react when he hears of his wife's affair in the story "Honor"?
(a) He is devastated.
(b) He is outraged.
(c) He gives his approval.
(d) He is confused.
6. What does Davy send to Corinthia that enrages her brother?
(a) A set of dogtags.
(b) A photograph.
(c) A letter.
(d) A bouquet of flowers.
7. How does Howard Boyd's mother feel about Howard's wife?
(a) She adores her.
(b) She is confused by her.
(c) She hates her.
(d) She is apathetic about her.
8. In the story "Victory," what country is the man visiting when he pretends to be an aristocrat?
9. Which of the following modes of transportation is seen speeding away at the end of the story "Honor"?
(a) A horse and carriage.
(b) An airplane.
(c) A train.
(d) A steamboat.
10. Ira Ewing's mother asks him for money for what?
(a) To start a savings account.
(b) Her funeral services.
(c) To purchase a new home.
(d) A train ticket.
11. What is Alec Gray punished for NOT doing in the Army?
(c) Shining his shoes.
(d) Making his bed.
12. Why doesn't Jarrod want Louise to ride horses with him at the resort?
(a) Because the horse she is riding is dangerous.
(b) Because he is angry with Louise for lying to him.
(c) Because Louise has been forbidden to ride the horses by her mother.
(d) Because he does not want to be seen with Louise.
13. Which of the following facts is NOT true about Howard Boyd's mother in the story "The Brooch"?
(a) She is old.
(b) She is sick.
(c) She is poor.
(d) She is spiteful.
14. Which of the following animals does Wash overhear his boss talking about with great respect?
(a) His horse.
(b) His cattle.
(c) His dog.
(d) His oxen.
15. During which season do Jarrod and Louise attend prom together?
Short Answer Questions
1. In which city do Hubert Jarrod and Louise King meet in the story "Dr Martino"?
2. How does Wash react to the blooming relationship between his female relative and his boss?
3. During which of the following holidays do Hubert Jarrod and Louise King meet?
4. On what type of boat does the English soldier take Borgard?
5. How does Boyd's mother find out that Amy has lost her brooch?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)