|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which valuable is Grandmother Millard most interested in hiding in the story "Grandmother Millard"?
(a) Her jewelry.
(b) Her weapons.
(c) Her gold.
(d) Her silver.
2. Which of the following words completes this quote from the story "Carcassonne": "Death is ___________ a galloping buckskin horse."
3. How does Boyd's mother find out that Amy has lost her brooch?
(a) Through town gossip.
(b) Through a telephone call.
(c) By snooping in Amy's jewelry chest.
(d) By reading Amy's diary.
4. What type of animal does Spoomer keep as a pet?
(a) A lizard.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A dog.
(d) A cat.
5. With which of Wash's relatives does his boss start a relationship?
(a) His granddaughter.
(b) His mother.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His sister.
6. Who kills Doctor Martino?
(a) Hubert Jarrod.
(b) Mrs. King.
(c) Louise King.
(d) His killer is never found.
7. At the end of the story "Turnabout," how does Borgard feel about the young English soldier he rescued?
(a) He respects him
(b) He envies him.
(c) He despises him.
(d) He is confused by him.
8. What type of reputation does Harrison Blair have in the town?
(a) For being kind.
(b) For being unintelligent.
(c) For being mean.
(d) For being shy.
9. How long has Harrison Blair been chasing the same fox in the story "Foxhunt"?
(a) Three days.
(b) Three months.
(c) Three hours.
(d) Three years.
10. What position does Borgard hold in his Army battalion?
11. Which of the following characters is NOT involved with telling the story of Harrison Blair's chase of the fox?
(a) Harrison Blair's servant.
(b) Harrison Blair's chauffer.
(c) Harrison Blair.
(d) Harrison Blair's hunting mates.
12. What does Louise's mother think about Jarrod?
(a) That he is socially beneath Louise.
(b) She has never met Jarrod.
(c) That he is an untrustworthy man.
(d) That he would make a good husband.
13. Which of the following adjectives best describes Ira Ewing's parenting style.
14. What happens to Satoris at the end of the story "All the Dead Pilots"?
(a) He is killed.
(b) He forgives Spoomer.
(c) He is kicked out of the Army.
(d) He is captured by enemy soldiers.
15. What event does Judge go to watch at the end of the story "Beyond"?
(a) A trial.
(b) An execution.
(c) A funeral.
(d) A wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Cousin Melisandre attempt to hide the valuables when the Yankees arrive?
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes the soldier named Borgard in the story "Turnabout"?
3. When Spoomer is meeting his woman, where does Satoris find them?
4. What sad event forces Amy out of the house to take up a life of partying?
5. What is the last name of the Confederate soldier who stands up and protects Melisandre?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)