|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story "Victory," what country is the man visiting when he pretends to be an aristocrat?
2. How does the husband react when he hears of his wife's affair in the story "Honor"?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is devastated.
(c) He is outraged.
(d) He gives his approval.
3. What does Amy beg of her husband Howard Boyd?
(a) To never speak to his mother again.
(b) To live in harmony with his mother.
(c) To kill his mother.
(d) To move away from his mother.
4. What book do the soldiers in "Crevasse" read to pass their time?
(a) The Koran.
(b) The dictionary.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The telephone book.
5. How does Alec Gray react when he is sent to spend time in the penal battalion?
(a) He kills his commanding officer.
(b) He shouts at his commanding officer.
(c) He takes the punishment silently.
(d) He punches his commanding officer.
6. What does the English soldier think about Borgard's flying ability in the story "Turnabout"?
(a) He is apathetic.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is disappointed.
(d) He is impressed.
7. With which of Wash's relatives does his boss start a relationship?
(a) His mother.
(b) His granddaughter.
(c) His daughter.
(d) His sister.
8. During which of the following holidays do Hubert Jarrod and Louise King meet?
9. Which valuable is Grandmother Millard most interested in hiding in the story "Grandmother Millard"?
(a) Her jewelry.
(b) Her gold.
(c) Her weapons.
(d) Her silver.
10. Which of the following facts is NOT true about Howard Boyd's mother in the story "The Brooch"?
(a) She is poor.
(b) She is spiteful.
(c) She is old.
(d) She is sick.
11. In the story "Beyond," what is significant about the baby that Judge meets?
(a) It is unable to stop crying.
(b) It only has one arm.
(c) It is covered in scars.
(d) It has a mouthful of teeth.
12. Which of the following animals does Wash overhear his boss talking about with great respect?
(a) His oxen.
(b) His cattle.
(c) His horse.
(d) His dog.
13. Which of the following lucky pendants does Dr Martino give to Louise to help her overcome her fears?
(a) A rabbit's foot.
(b) A four-leaf clover.
(c) A Saint Christopher.
(d) A shiny penny.
14. What type of animal does Spoomer keep as a pet?
(a) A dog.
(b) A lizard.
(c) A cat.
(d) A rabbit.
15. Which of the following adjectives best describes Ira Ewing's parenting style.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ira Ewing's mother asks him for money for what?
2. What position does Borgard hold in his Army battalion?
3. In the story "All the Dead Pilots," what does Spoomer steal from his friend Satoris?
4. What race is Wash, from the story "Wash"?
5. What is the last name of the Confederate soldier who stands up and protects Melisandre?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)