|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What race is Wash, from the story "Wash"?
(a) He is biracial.
(b) He is white.
(c) He is Native American.
(d) He is black.
2. What does Louise's mother think about Jarrod?
(a) She has never met Jarrod.
(b) That he is socially beneath Louise.
(c) That he would make a good husband.
(d) That he is an untrustworthy man.
3. After the war is over, where does Alec Gray move?
(a) To Barcelona.
(b) To London.
(c) To New York City.
(d) To Paris.
4. Where does Borgard find the young, drunken English soldier?
(a) In a bar.
(b) On the streets.
(c) In the hospital.
(d) In a brothel.
5. Which of the following statements about Dr Martino is true?
(a) He is much older than Louise.
(b) He is overweight.
(c) He is married with three children.
(d) He has had his medical license revoked.
6. Which of the following activities would one use a scythe for?
(a) Rowing a boat.
(b) Cutting grain.
(c) Entertaining children.
(d) Removing cotton from its casing.
7. Where is the resort where the King family meets Jarrod?
(a) In Mississippi.
(b) In Arkansas.
(c) In Florida.
(d) In South Dakota.
8. Why doesn't Jarrod want Louise to ride horses with him at the resort?
(a) Because the horse she is riding is dangerous.
(b) Because Louise has been forbidden to ride the horses by her mother.
(c) Because he does not want to be seen with Louise.
(d) Because he is angry with Louise for lying to him.
9. In the story "Carcassonne," which of the following believes that death is "continual movement"?
(a) The spirit.
(b) The skeleton.
(c) The mind.
(d) The soul.
10. How many soldiers are lost in the desert in the story "Ad Astra"?
(b) Four hundred.
11. In the story "Beyond," what is significant about the baby that Judge meets?
(a) It is covered in scars.
(b) It only has one arm.
(c) It is unable to stop crying.
(d) It has a mouthful of teeth.
12. What book do the soldiers in "Crevasse" read to pass their time?
(a) The dictionary.
(b) The Koran.
(c) The telephone book.
(d) The Bible.
13. What position does Borgard hold in his Army battalion?
14. Which of the following events does NOT happen in the story "Honor"?
(a) The husband and wife have a child together.
(b) The husband takes the wife back.
(c) The lover and husband dual.
(d) The lover leaves the woman
15. What event does Judge go to watch at the end of the story "Beyond"?
(a) An execution.
(b) A funeral.
(c) A trial.
(d) A wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following characters is NOT involved with telling the story of Harrison Blair's chase of the fox?
2. What is the last name of the Confederate soldier who stands up and protects Melisandre?
3. What is the name of the squadron where Satoris is sent for punishment?
4. From where does Roger Howes move his family in order to relocate in New York?
5. Ira Ewing's mother asks him for money for what?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)