|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following facts is NOT true about Howard Boyd's mother in the story "The Brooch"?
(a) She is sick.
(b) She is spiteful.
(c) She is old.
(d) She is poor.
2. What sad event forces Amy out of the house to take up a life of partying?
(a) She loses her job.
(b) She gets a divorce.
(c) Her baby dies.
(d) Her mother dies.
3. What is another word for "crevasse"?
4. Which of the following characters is NOT present at the boating event in the story "The Leg"?
5. How does the husband react when he hears of his wife's affair in the story "Honor"?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is outraged.
(c) He is devastated.
(d) He gives his approval.
6. What recent event has just changed the life of Judge in the story "Beyond"?
(a) He has just found his first job.
(b) He has just had his first child.
(c) He has just died.
(d) He has just gotten married.
7. What country is Borgard from?
8. How many soldiers are lost in the desert in the story "Ad Astra"?
(d) Four hundred.
9. Which of the following animals does Wash overhear his boss talking about with great respect?
(a) His oxen.
(b) His dog.
(c) His cattle.
(d) His horse.
10. When Spoomer is meeting his woman, where does Satoris find them?
(a) At a movie theater.
(b) At a church.
(c) At a house.
(d) At the beach.
11. Of which of the following things is Louise afraid?
(a) Small spaces.
(b) The dark.
12. In what state does Danny live?
(a) In California.
(b) In New York.
(c) In Florida.
(d) In Washington.
13. On what type of boat does the English soldier take Borgard?
(a) A torpedo boat.
(b) A sailboat.
(c) A canoe.
(d) A submarine.
14. On what type of mission does the young English soldier go with Borgard?
(a) A bombing mission.
(b) A search-and-rescue mission.
(c) A mapping mission.
(d) An evacuation mission.
15. At the end of the story "Turnabout," how does Borgard feel about the young English soldier he rescued?
(a) He respects him
(b) He despises him.
(c) He is confused by him.
(d) He envies him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of vehicle is Satoris in when he goes to spy on Spoomer and his woman?
2. During which of the following holidays do Hubert Jarrod and Louise King meet?
3. Which of the following adjectives best describes the soldier named Borgard in the story "Turnabout"?
4. Who kills Doctor Martino?
5. How does Wash react to the blooming relationship between his female relative and his boss?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)