|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Howes' latest project sells, what does he purchase for his wife?
(a) A diamond brooch.
(b) A new car.
(c) A mahogany casket.
(d) A fur coat.
2. With what part of an airplane is the lover in the story "Honor" concerned?
(a) The wings.
(b) The cockpit.
(c) The passengers.
(d) The engine.
3. How do the common men feel about Harrison Blair's obsession with the same fox?
(a) They are annoyed.
(b) They are confused.
(c) They are outraged.
(d) They are impressed.
4. What does Davy send to Corinthia that enrages her brother?
(a) A letter.
(b) A set of dogtags.
(c) A bouquet of flowers.
(d) A photograph.
5. Which of the following statements is NOT true in the story "Wash"?
(a) Wash kills his granddaughter.
(b) Wash kills himself.
(c) Wash sets his house on fire.
(d) Wash kills his boss.
6. Ira Ewing's mother asks him for money for what?
(a) To purchase a new home.
(b) To start a savings account.
(c) Her funeral services.
(d) A train ticket.
7. In which country are George and Carl vacationing in the story "Divorce in Naples"?
8. Why doesn't Jarrod want Louise to ride horses with him at the resort?
(a) Because Louise has been forbidden to ride the horses by her mother.
(b) Because the horse she is riding is dangerous.
(c) Because he does not want to be seen with Louise.
(d) Because he is angry with Louise for lying to him.
9. How does Howard Boyd's mother feel about Howard's wife?
(a) She is apathetic about her.
(b) She is confused by her.
(c) She hates her.
(d) She adores her.
10. When Alec Gray loses his job, what does he use to iron his clothes?
(a) Hand weights.
(c) Heavy books.
(d) A cold iron.
11. Which valuable is Grandmother Millard most interested in hiding in the story "Grandmother Millard"?
(a) Her weapons.
(b) Her jewelry.
(c) Her gold.
(d) Her silver.
12. Which of the following creatures does Dr Martino use to help Louise overcome her irrational fear?
13. What book do the soldiers in "Crevasse" read to pass their time?
(a) The Koran.
(b) The dictionary.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The telephone book.
14. Which of the following animals does Wash overhear his boss talking about with great respect?
(a) His cattle.
(b) His dog.
(c) His horse.
(d) His oxen.
15. How does Alec Gray react when he is sent to spend time in the penal battalion?
(a) He shouts at his commanding officer.
(b) He takes the punishment silently.
(c) He punches his commanding officer.
(d) He kills his commanding officer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last name of the Confederate soldier who stands up and protects Melisandre?
2. What race is Wash, from the story "Wash"?
3. During which war was the Day of Armistice?
4. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Alec Gray?
5. Who kills Doctor Martino?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)