|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which country are George and Carl vacationing in the story "Divorce in Naples"?
2. What race is Wash, from the story "Wash"?
(a) He is biracial.
(b) He is Native American.
(c) He is black.
(d) He is white.
3. In which city do Hubert Jarrod and Louise King meet in the story "Dr Martino"?
(a) St. Louis.
(c) New Orleans.
4. Which of the following statements is NOT true in the story "Wash"?
(a) Wash kills his boss.
(b) Wash sets his house on fire.
(c) Wash kills himself.
(d) Wash kills his granddaughter.
5. In the story "Carcassonne," which of the following believes that death is "a stillness"?
(a) The skeleton.
(b) The mind.
(c) The spirit.
(d) The soul.
6. Which of the following characters says, "The only way to feel alive is to do things you are afraid to do."
(a) Louise King.
(b) Dr Martino.
(c) Mrs. King.
(d) Hubert Jarrod.
7. In the story "Crevasse," how are the first 12 soldiers killed?
(a) In an avalanche.
(b) In a hurricane.
(c) In a monsoon.
(d) In a tornado.
8. Of which of the following things is Louise afraid?
(a) The dark.
(b) Small spaces.
9. How does Alec Gray react when he is sent to spend time in the penal battalion?
(a) He punches his commanding officer.
(b) He shouts at his commanding officer.
(c) He kills his commanding officer.
(d) He takes the punishment silently.
10. Which of the following adjectives best describes the soldier named Borgard in the story "Turnabout"?
11. During which of the following holidays do Hubert Jarrod and Louise King meet?
12. During which war was the Day of Armistice?
(a) World War II.
(b) The Vietnam War.
(c) The Civil War.
(d) World War I.
13. Who kills Doctor Martino?
(a) Mrs. King.
(b) Louise King.
(c) His killer is never found.
(d) Hubert Jarrod.
14. After Davy loses his leg in the war, what material is used to craft him a new one?
15. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Alec Gray?
(a) He is of Caucasian decent.
(b) He is a decorated soldier.
(c) He was honorably discharged from the Army.
(d) He is very poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book do the soldiers in "Crevasse" read to pass their time?
2. After the war is over, where does Alec Gray move?
3. What is Alec Gray punished for NOT doing in the Army?
4. Which of the following lucky pendants does Dr Martino give to Louise to help her overcome her fears?
5. In the story "Beyond," what is significant about the baby that Judge meets?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)