|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With which of Wash's relatives does his boss start a relationship?
(a) His granddaughter.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His mother.
(d) His sister.
2. On what type of mission does the young English soldier go with Borgard?
(a) A mapping mission.
(b) A bombing mission.
(c) A search-and-rescue mission.
(d) An evacuation mission.
3. When Spoomer is meeting his woman, where does Satoris find them?
(a) At the beach.
(b) At a house.
(c) At a movie theater.
(d) At a church.
4. What recent event has just changed the life of Judge in the story "Beyond"?
(a) He has just gotten married.
(b) He has just found his first job.
(c) He has just died.
(d) He has just had his first child.
5. In the story "The Mistral," which of the following facts is NOT true about the dead man's fiancee?
(a) She is the daughter of a priest.
(b) She is a suspect in his murder.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She is adopted.
6. How does Wash react to the blooming relationship between his female relative and his boss?
(a) He ignores the relationship.
(b) He gives the relationship his blessing.
(c) He does not know about the relationship.
(d) He tries to break the relationship up.
7. What does Davy send to Corinthia that enrages her brother?
(a) A set of dogtags.
(b) A photograph.
(c) A letter.
(d) A bouquet of flowers.
8. In the story "Artist at Home," what does Roger Howes do for a living?
(a) He is a potter.
(b) He is a sculptor.
(c) He is a painter.
(d) He is a writer.
9. After Davy loses his leg in the war, what material is used to craft him a new one?
10. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Alec Gray?
(a) He is very poor.
(b) He was honorably discharged from the Army.
(c) He is of Caucasian decent.
(d) He is a decorated soldier.
11. How many soldiers are lost in the desert in the story "Ad Astra"?
(a) Four hundred.
12. Which of the following statements is true about Wash's female relative?
(a) She gets pregnant and gives birth to a baby girl.
(b) She cannot have children.
(c) She gets pregnant and gives birth to twin boys.
(d) She gets pregnant and has one child a year for five years.
13. At the end of the story "Crevasse," what is the injured man in the corner doing?
14. Which of the following characters says, "The only way to feel alive is to do things you are afraid to do."
(a) Hubert Jarrod.
(b) Louise King.
(c) Dr Martino.
(d) Mrs. King.
15. Where does Cousin Melisandre attempt to hide the valuables when the Yankees arrive?
(a) In the well.
(b) In the coal cellar.
(c) In the apple orchard.
(d) In the outhouse.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story "Carcassonne," which of the following believes that death is "continual movement"?
2. What is the name of the squadron where Satoris is sent for punishment?
3. On what type of boat does the English soldier take Borgard?
4. What type of reputation does Harrison Blair have in the town?
5. How does Alec Gray react when he is sent to spend time in the penal battalion?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)