|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Harrison Blair been chasing the same fox in the story "Foxhunt"?
(a) Three months.
(b) Three years.
(c) Three days.
(d) Three hours.
2. How is the narrator of the story "Pennsylvania Station" related to the dead woman?
(a) He is her brother.
(b) He is her uncle.
(c) He is her father.
(d) He is her son.
3. During which season do Jarrod and Louise attend prom together?
4. What recent event has just changed the life of Judge in the story "Beyond"?
(a) He has just died.
(b) He has just had his first child.
(c) He has just gotten married.
(d) He has just found his first job.
5. With which of Wash's relatives does his boss start a relationship?
(a) His granddaughter.
(b) His sister.
(c) His mother.
(d) His daughter.
6. Which valuable is Grandmother Millard most interested in hiding in the story "Grandmother Millard"?
(a) Her weapons.
(b) Her gold.
(c) Her jewelry.
(d) Her silver.
7. When Spoomer is meeting his woman, where does Satoris find them?
(a) At a house.
(b) At a movie theater.
(c) At the beach.
(d) At a church.
8. In the story "All the Dead Pilots," what does Spoomer steal from his friend Satoris?
(a) His socks.
(b) His wallet.
(c) His gun.
(d) His girlfriend.
9. At the end of the story "Crevasse," what is the injured man in the corner doing?
10. Which of the following activities would one use a scythe for?
(a) Entertaining children.
(b) Removing cotton from its casing.
(c) Cutting grain.
(d) Rowing a boat.
11. Which of the following characters says, "The only way to feel alive is to do things you are afraid to do."
(a) Hubert Jarrod.
(b) Mrs. King.
(c) Louise King.
(d) Dr Martino.
12. What is Alec Gray punished for NOT doing in the Army?
(c) Shining his shoes.
(d) Making his bed.
13. While Spoomer is with his woman, what does Satoris steal from him?
(a) His shoes.
(b) His car.
(c) His clothes.
(d) His wallet.
14. Which of the following statements is NOT true in the story "Wash"?
(a) Wash kills himself.
(b) Wash sets his house on fire.
(c) Wash kills his granddaughter.
(d) Wash kills his boss.
15. What does Louise's mother think about Jarrod?
(a) That he is socially beneath Louise.
(b) That he is an untrustworthy man.
(c) She has never met Jarrod.
(d) That he would make a good husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the English soldier think about Borgard's flying ability in the story "Turnabout"?
2. Which of the following lucky pendants does Dr Martino give to Louise to help her overcome her fears?
3. Ira Ewing's mother asks him for money for what?
4. During which war was the Day of Armistice?
5. How does Boyd's mother find out that Amy has lost her brooch?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)