|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what type of boat does the English soldier take Borgard?
(a) A torpedo boat.
(b) A sailboat.
(c) A canoe.
(d) A submarine.
2. What recent event has just changed the life of Judge in the story "Beyond"?
(a) He has just gotten married.
(b) He has just had his first child.
(c) He has just died.
(d) He has just found his first job.
3. Which of the following adjectives best describes Ira Ewing's parenting style.
4. Which of the following statements is NOT true in the story "Wash"?
(a) Wash kills his boss.
(b) Wash kills himself.
(c) Wash kills his granddaughter.
(d) Wash sets his house on fire.
5. Which of the following creatures does Dr Martino use to help Louise overcome her irrational fear?
6. How is the narrator of the story "Pennsylvania Station" related to the dead woman?
(a) He is her brother.
(b) He is her father.
(c) He is her uncle.
(d) He is her son.
7. When Alec Gray loses his job, where is he forced to bathe?
(a) In the river.
(b) In the homeless shelter.
(c) In the city's fountains.
(d) In the bus-stop bathroom.
8. Which of the following purchases did the dead woman upgrade every year?
(a) Her mortgage.
(b) Her car.
(c) Her coffin.
(d) Her telephone.
9. Where is the resort where the King family meets Jarrod?
(a) In Arkansas.
(b) In Mississippi.
(c) In Florida.
(d) In South Dakota.
10. Where does Cousin Melisandre attempt to hide the valuables when the Yankees arrive?
(a) In the coal cellar.
(b) In the well.
(c) In the outhouse.
(d) In the apple orchard.
11. What is the name of the squadron where Satoris is sent for punishment?
(a) The Flamingo Squadron.
(b) The Camel Squadron.
(c) The Orangutan Squadron.
(d) The Mongoose Squadron.
12. Which of the following characters is NOT present at the boating event in the story "The Leg"?
13. Which of the following facts is NOT true about Howard Boyd's mother in the story "The Brooch"?
(a) She is poor.
(b) She is old.
(c) She is spiteful.
(d) She is sick.
14. What is another word for "crevasse"?
15. How old is Ira Ewing when he runs away from home in the story "Golden Land"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Borgard find the young, drunken English soldier?
2. What type of reputation does Harrison Blair have in the town?
3. How many soldiers survive to the end of the story "Crevasse"?
4. What race is Wash, from the story "Wash"?
5. During which season do Jarrod and Louise attend prom together?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)