|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of the story "Crevasse," what is the injured man in the corner doing?
2. In the story "Carcassonne," which of the following believes that death is "a stillness"?
(a) The skeleton.
(b) The soul.
(c) The mind.
(d) The spirit.
3. In the story "All the Dead Pilots," what does Spoomer steal from his friend Satoris?
(a) His socks.
(b) His wallet.
(c) His girlfriend.
(d) His gun.
4. Which of the following characters is NOT involved with telling the story of Harrison Blair's chase of the fox?
(a) Harrison Blair's hunting mates.
(b) Harrison Blair.
(c) Harrison Blair's chauffer.
(d) Harrison Blair's servant.
5. When Howes' latest project sells, what does he purchase for his wife?
(a) A diamond brooch.
(b) A fur coat.
(c) A new car.
(d) A mahogany casket.
6. Who kills Doctor Martino?
(a) Louise King.
(b) His killer is never found.
(c) Hubert Jarrod.
(d) Mrs. King.
7. Which of the following words completes this quote from the story "Carcassonne": "Death is ___________ a galloping buckskin horse."
8. Which of the following events does NOT happen in the story "Honor"?
(a) The lover and husband dual.
(b) The lover leaves the woman
(c) The husband and wife have a child together.
(d) The husband takes the wife back.
9. Where does Cousin Melisandre attempt to hide the valuables when the Yankees arrive?
(a) In the well.
(b) In the coal cellar.
(c) In the outhouse.
(d) In the apple orchard.
10. How old is Ira Ewing when he runs away from home in the story "Golden Land"?
11. Of which of the following things is Louise afraid?
(b) The dark.
(c) Small spaces.
12. Which of the following statements about Dr Martino is true?
(a) He is married with three children.
(b) He is overweight.
(c) He is much older than Louise.
(d) He has had his medical license revoked.
13. Which of the following statements is true about Wash's female relative?
(a) She cannot have children.
(b) She gets pregnant and gives birth to twin boys.
(c) She gets pregnant and gives birth to a baby girl.
(d) She gets pregnant and has one child a year for five years.
14. Which of the following statements is NOT true in the story "Wash"?
(a) Wash kills his boss.
(b) Wash kills his granddaughter.
(c) Wash sets his house on fire.
(d) Wash kills himself.
15. What type of reputation does Harrison Blair have in the town?
(a) For being shy.
(b) For being unintelligent.
(c) For being kind.
(d) For being mean.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ewing leaves Nebraska, where does he go?
2. Which of the following characters is NOT present at the boating event in the story "The Leg"?
3. How is the narrator of the story "Pennsylvania Station" related to the dead woman?
4. What event does Judge go to watch at the end of the story "Beyond"?
5. After he resettles away from Nebraska, what does Ewing do for a living?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)