|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which valuable is Grandmother Millard most interested in hiding in the story "Grandmother Millard"?
(a) Her gold.
(b) Her silver.
(c) Her weapons.
(d) Her jewelry.
2. In the story "Beyond," what is significant about the baby that Judge meets?
(a) It is unable to stop crying.
(b) It only has one arm.
(c) It has a mouthful of teeth.
(d) It is covered in scars.
3. How does Wash react to the blooming relationship between his female relative and his boss?
(a) He gives the relationship his blessing.
(b) He ignores the relationship.
(c) He tries to break the relationship up.
(d) He does not know about the relationship.
4. When Alec Gray loses his job, where is he forced to bathe?
(a) In the bus-stop bathroom.
(b) In the city's fountains.
(c) In the homeless shelter.
(d) In the river.
5. Ira Ewing's mother asks him for money for what?
(a) To purchase a new home.
(b) A train ticket.
(c) Her funeral services.
(d) To start a savings account.
6. How long has Harrison Blair been chasing the same fox in the story "Foxhunt"?
(a) Three months.
(b) Three hours.
(c) Three days.
(d) Three years.
7. Which of the following words completes this quote from the story "Carcassonne": "Death is ___________ a galloping buckskin horse."
8. What does the English soldier think about Borgard's flying ability in the story "Turnabout"?
(a) He is impressed.
(b) He is apathetic.
(c) He is disappointed.
(d) He is confused.
9. While Spoomer is with his woman, what does Satoris steal from him?
(a) His clothes.
(b) His car.
(c) His shoes.
(d) His wallet.
10. At the end of the story "Crevasse," what is the injured man in the corner doing?
11. In the story "Victory," what country is the man visiting when he pretends to be an aristocrat?
12. In the story "Carcassonne," which of the following believes that death is "a stillness"?
(a) The soul.
(b) The mind.
(c) The spirit.
(d) The skeleton.
13. With what part of an airplane is the lover in the story "Honor" concerned?
(a) The passengers.
(b) The engine.
(c) The wings.
(d) The cockpit.
14. Who kills Doctor Martino?
(a) Mrs. King.
(b) Louise King.
(c) His killer is never found.
(d) Hubert Jarrod.
15. On what type of boat does the English soldier take Borgard?
(a) A submarine.
(b) A torpedo boat.
(c) A sailboat.
(d) A canoe.
Short Answer Questions
1. With which of Wash's relatives does his boss start a relationship?
2. What type of vehicle is Satoris in when he goes to spy on Spoomer and his woman?
3. Who contacts Jarrod telling him to meet the King family immediately at a resort?
4. What book do the soldiers in "Crevasse" read to pass their time?
5. Which of the following creatures does Dr Martino use to help Louise overcome her irrational fear?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)