|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Wash react to the blooming relationship between his female relative and his boss?
(a) He does not know about the relationship.
(b) He ignores the relationship.
(c) He tries to break the relationship up.
(d) He gives the relationship his blessing.
2. Which of the following purchases did the dead woman upgrade every year?
(a) Her coffin.
(b) Her car.
(c) Her mortgage.
(d) Her telephone.
3. While Alec Gray is in the Army, what is his relationship with his family?
(c) He misses his family.
(d) He has no family.
4. In the story "All the Dead Pilots," what does Spoomer steal from his friend Satoris?
(a) His wallet.
(b) His socks.
(c) His girlfriend.
(d) His gun.
5. What recent event has just changed the life of Judge in the story "Beyond"?
(a) He has just died.
(b) He has just found his first job.
(c) He has just had his first child.
(d) He has just gotten married.
6. How long has Harrison Blair been chasing the same fox in the story "Foxhunt"?
(a) Three hours.
(b) Three days.
(c) Three years.
(d) Three months.
7. In the story "Artist at Home," what does Roger Howes do for a living?
(a) He is a writer.
(b) He is a sculptor.
(c) He is a potter.
(d) He is a painter.
8. Where does Cousin Melisandre attempt to hide the valuables when the Yankees arrive?
(a) In the apple orchard.
(b) In the outhouse.
(c) In the coal cellar.
(d) In the well.
9. What does Amy beg of her husband Howard Boyd?
(a) To move away from his mother.
(b) To live in harmony with his mother.
(c) To never speak to his mother again.
(d) To kill his mother.
10. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Alec Gray?
(a) He was honorably discharged from the Army.
(b) He is of Caucasian decent.
(c) He is a decorated soldier.
(d) He is very poor.
11. What event does Judge go to watch at the end of the story "Beyond"?
(a) A wedding.
(b) A funeral.
(c) An execution.
(d) A trial.
12. How does Boyd's mother find out that Amy has lost her brooch?
(a) Through a telephone call.
(b) Through town gossip.
(c) By snooping in Amy's jewelry chest.
(d) By reading Amy's diary.
13. Which of the following events does Roger Howes use as subject matter to create his newest masterpiece?
(a) His own decent into madness.
(b) His daughter's death.
(c) His son's first steps.
(d) His wife's affair.
14. When Howes' latest project sells, what does he purchase for his wife?
(a) A diamond brooch.
(b) A new car.
(c) A fur coat.
(d) A mahogany casket.
15. When Spoomer is meeting his woman, where does Satoris find them?
(a) At a movie theater.
(b) At a house.
(c) At a church.
(d) At the beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What book do the soldiers in "Crevasse" read to pass their time?
2. When Alec Gray loses his job, what does he use to iron his clothes?
3. Why doesn't Jarrod want Louise to ride horses with him at the resort?
4. What is Alec Gray punished for NOT doing in the Army?
5. Which of the following characters is NOT present at the boating event in the story "The Leg"?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)