|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who contacts Jarrod telling him to meet the King family immediately at a resort?
(a) Dr Martino.
(b) Mr. King.
(c) Louise King.
(d) Mrs. King.
2. Which of the following purchases did the dead woman upgrade every year?
(a) Her coffin.
(b) Her mortgage.
(c) Her telephone.
(d) Her car.
3. Which of the following events does NOT happen in the story "Honor"?
(a) The husband takes the wife back.
(b) The husband and wife have a child together.
(c) The lover and husband dual.
(d) The lover leaves the woman
4. What position does Borgard hold in his Army battalion?
5. Why doesn't Jarrod want Louise to ride horses with him at the resort?
(a) Because he is angry with Louise for lying to him.
(b) Because Louise has been forbidden to ride the horses by her mother.
(c) Because he does not want to be seen with Louise.
(d) Because the horse she is riding is dangerous.
6. In the story "Victory," what country is the man visiting when he pretends to be an aristocrat?
7. How does Boyd's mother find out that Amy has lost her brooch?
(a) By reading Amy's diary.
(b) By snooping in Amy's jewelry chest.
(c) Through town gossip.
(d) Through a telephone call.
8. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Alec Gray?
(a) He was honorably discharged from the Army.
(b) He is very poor.
(c) He is a decorated soldier.
(d) He is of Caucasian decent.
9. With what part of an airplane is the lover in the story "Honor" concerned?
(a) The passengers.
(b) The wings.
(c) The engine.
(d) The cockpit.
10. What is Alec Gray punished for NOT doing in the Army?
(a) Making his bed.
(c) Shining his shoes.
11. In the story "Carcassonne," which of the following believes that death is "continual movement"?
(a) The skeleton.
(b) The soul.
(c) The mind.
(d) The spirit.
12. Who kills Doctor Martino?
(a) Mrs. King.
(b) Hubert Jarrod.
(c) Louise King.
(d) His killer is never found.
13. When Howes' latest project sells, what does he purchase for his wife?
(a) A diamond brooch.
(b) A fur coat.
(c) A new car.
(d) A mahogany casket.
14. After Davy loses his leg in the war, what material is used to craft him a new one?
15. During which war was the Day of Armistice?
(a) The Vietnam War.
(b) The Civil War.
(c) World War I.
(d) World War II.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state does Danny live?
2. Where does Borgard find the young, drunken English soldier?
3. While Alec Gray is in the Army, what is his relationship with his family?
4. How does the husband react when he hears of his wife's affair in the story "Honor"?
5. Which of the following statements about Dr Martino is true?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)