|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story "The Mistral," which of the following facts is NOT true about the dead man's fiancee?
(a) She is a suspect in his murder.
(b) She is the daughter of a priest.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She is adopted.
2. What country is Borgard from?
3. What does Danny send to his mother's funeral, which greatly impresses the narrator of this story?
(a) A bouquet of flowers.
(b) A wreath.
(c) A handwritten card.
(d) A box of chocolates.
4. With which of Wash's relatives does his boss start a relationship?
(a) His granddaughter.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His sister.
(d) His mother.
5. On what type of mission does the young English soldier go with Borgard?
(a) An evacuation mission.
(b) A search-and-rescue mission.
(c) A mapping mission.
(d) A bombing mission.
6. How many soldiers survive to the end of the story "Crevasse"?
(a) Eight- three.
7. What is Alec Gray punished for NOT doing in the Army?
(b) Shining his shoes.
(c) Making his bed.
8. Why doesn't Jarrod want Louise to ride horses with him at the resort?
(a) Because Louise has been forbidden to ride the horses by her mother.
(b) Because the horse she is riding is dangerous.
(c) Because he does not want to be seen with Louise.
(d) Because he is angry with Louise for lying to him.
9. What does Louise's mother think about Jarrod?
(a) That he is an untrustworthy man.
(b) She has never met Jarrod.
(c) That he would make a good husband.
(d) That he is socially beneath Louise.
10. At the end of the story "Crevasse," what is the injured man in the corner doing?
11. What recent event has just changed the life of Judge in the story "Beyond"?
(a) He has just had his first child.
(b) He has just found his first job.
(c) He has just gotten married.
(d) He has just died.
12. While Spoomer is with his woman, what does Satoris steal from him?
(a) His clothes.
(b) His car.
(c) His shoes.
(d) His wallet.
13. Where is the resort where the King family meets Jarrod?
(a) In South Dakota.
(b) In Florida.
(c) In Mississippi.
(d) In Arkansas.
14. Which of the following characters is NOT involved with telling the story of Harrison Blair's chase of the fox?
(a) Harrison Blair's hunting mates.
(b) Harrison Blair.
(c) Harrison Blair's chauffer.
(d) Harrison Blair's servant.
15. After the war is over, where does Alec Gray move?
(a) To New York City.
(b) To Barcelona.
(c) To Paris.
(d) To London.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following statements is NOT true in the story "Wash"?
2. Which of the following modes of transportation is seen speeding away at the end of the story "Honor"?
3. Which of the following words completes this quote from the story "Carcassonne": "Death is ___________ a galloping buckskin horse."
4. How do the common men feel about Harrison Blair's obsession with the same fox?
5. Which of the following animals does Wash overhear his boss talking about with great respect?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)