|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what part of an airplane is the lover in the story "Honor" concerned?
(a) The wings.
(b) The passengers.
(c) The engine.
(d) The cockpit.
2. What is the name of the squadron where Satoris is sent for punishment?
(a) The Camel Squadron.
(b) The Flamingo Squadron.
(c) The Orangutan Squadron.
(d) The Mongoose Squadron.
3. In the story "The Mistral," which of the following facts is NOT true about the dead man's fiancee?
(a) She is a suspect in his murder.
(b) She is the daughter of a priest.
(c) She is adopted.
(d) She is pregnant.
4. How does Wash react to the blooming relationship between his female relative and his boss?
(a) He tries to break the relationship up.
(b) He does not know about the relationship.
(c) He ignores the relationship.
(d) He gives the relationship his blessing.
5. In the story "Carcassonne," which of the following believes that death is "continual movement"?
(a) The soul.
(b) The mind.
(c) The skeleton.
(d) The spirit.
6. What happens to Satoris at the end of the story "All the Dead Pilots"?
(a) He is captured by enemy soldiers.
(b) He forgives Spoomer.
(c) He is kicked out of the Army.
(d) He is killed.
7. How does the husband react when he hears of his wife's affair in the story "Honor"?
(a) He gives his approval.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is outraged.
(d) He is devastated.
8. Which of the following adjectives best describes Ira Ewing's parenting style.
9. What sad event forces Amy out of the house to take up a life of partying?
(a) Her mother dies.
(b) Her baby dies.
(c) She loses her job.
(d) She gets a divorce.
10. Who kills Doctor Martino?
(a) Hubert Jarrod.
(b) Louise King.
(c) His killer is never found.
(d) Mrs. King.
11. What race is Wash, from the story "Wash"?
(a) He is Native American.
(b) He is black.
(c) He is biracial.
(d) He is white.
12. Which of the following purchases did the dead woman upgrade every year?
(a) Her coffin.
(b) Her car.
(c) Her mortgage.
(d) Her telephone.
13. How many soldiers survive to the end of the story "Crevasse"?
(a) Eight- three.
14. What book do the soldiers in "Crevasse" read to pass their time?
(a) The dictionary.
(b) The Koran.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The telephone book.
15. Which of the following events does NOT happen in the story "Honor"?
(a) The lover and husband dual.
(b) The husband takes the wife back.
(c) The lover leaves the woman
(d) The husband and wife have a child together.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following words completes this quote from the story "Carcassonne": "Death is ___________ a galloping buckskin horse."
2. Which of the following events does Roger Howes use as subject matter to create his newest masterpiece?
3. When Howes' latest project sells, what does he purchase for his wife?
4. After Davy loses his leg in the war, what material is used to craft him a new one?
5. How many soldiers are lost in the desert in the story "Ad Astra"?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)