|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last name of the Confederate soldier who stands up and protects Melisandre?
2. When Howes' latest project sells, what does he purchase for his wife?
(a) A fur coat.
(b) A diamond brooch.
(c) A new car.
(d) A mahogany casket.
3. In the story "Crevasse," how are the first 12 soldiers killed?
(a) In an avalanche.
(b) In a monsoon.
(c) In a hurricane.
(d) In a tornado.
4. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Alec Gray?
(a) He is of Caucasian decent.
(b) He is very poor.
(c) He was honorably discharged from the Army.
(d) He is a decorated soldier.
5. Who kills Doctor Martino?
(a) Louise King.
(b) Mrs. King.
(c) Hubert Jarrod.
(d) His killer is never found.
6. Which of the following statements is NOT true in the story "Wash"?
(a) Wash kills his boss.
(b) Wash kills himself.
(c) Wash kills his granddaughter.
(d) Wash sets his house on fire.
7. In the story "Beyond," what is significant about the baby that Judge meets?
(a) It is covered in scars.
(b) It only has one arm.
(c) It is unable to stop crying.
(d) It has a mouthful of teeth.
8. Why doesn't Jarrod want Louise to ride horses with him at the resort?
(a) Because the horse she is riding is dangerous.
(b) Because he does not want to be seen with Louise.
(c) Because he is angry with Louise for lying to him.
(d) Because Louise has been forbidden to ride the horses by her mother.
9. On what type of boat does the English soldier take Borgard?
(a) A canoe.
(b) A sailboat.
(c) A submarine.
(d) A torpedo boat.
10. Which of the following characters is NOT present at the boating event in the story "The Leg"?
11. How does Wash react to the blooming relationship between his female relative and his boss?
(a) He tries to break the relationship up.
(b) He does not know about the relationship.
(c) He ignores the relationship.
(d) He gives the relationship his blessing.
12. What is another word for "crevasse"?
13. Where does Borgard find the young, drunken English soldier?
(a) In the hospital.
(b) In a brothel.
(c) On the streets.
(d) In a bar.
14. Who contacts Jarrod telling him to meet the King family immediately at a resort?
(a) Mr. King.
(b) Dr Martino.
(c) Louise King.
(d) Mrs. King.
15. Which of the following adjectives best describes Ira Ewing's parenting style.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event does Judge go to watch at the end of the story "Beyond"?
2. In which country are George and Carl vacationing in the story "Divorce in Naples"?
3. When Alec Gray loses his job, what does he use to iron his clothes?
4. What race is Wash, from the story "Wash"?
5. What is Alec Gray punished for NOT doing in the Army?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)