|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Alec Gray?
(a) He was honorably discharged from the Army.
(b) He is of Caucasian decent.
(c) He is very poor.
(d) He is a decorated soldier.
2. Which valuable is Grandmother Millard most interested in hiding in the story "Grandmother Millard"?
(a) Her silver.
(b) Her weapons.
(c) Her jewelry.
(d) Her gold.
3. How does Alec Gray react when he is sent to spend time in the penal battalion?
(a) He takes the punishment silently.
(b) He kills his commanding officer.
(c) He shouts at his commanding officer.
(d) He punches his commanding officer.
4. What position does Borgard hold in his Army battalion?
5. At the end of the story "Crevasse," what is the injured man in the corner doing?
6. Which of the following words completes this quote from the story "Carcassonne": "Death is ___________ a galloping buckskin horse."
7. On what type of mission does the young English soldier go with Borgard?
(a) An evacuation mission.
(b) A mapping mission.
(c) A bombing mission.
(d) A search-and-rescue mission.
8. Which of the following events does Roger Howes use as subject matter to create his newest masterpiece?
(a) His wife's affair.
(b) His own decent into madness.
(c) His daughter's death.
(d) His son's first steps.
9. What type of animal does Spoomer keep as a pet?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A lizard.
(c) A cat.
(d) A dog.
10. Which of the following events does NOT happen in the story "Honor"?
(a) The husband takes the wife back.
(b) The husband and wife have a child together.
(c) The lover leaves the woman
(d) The lover and husband dual.
11. When Alec Gray loses his job, where is he forced to bathe?
(a) In the bus-stop bathroom.
(b) In the city's fountains.
(c) In the river.
(d) In the homeless shelter.
12. Which of the following animals does Wash overhear his boss talking about with great respect?
(a) His oxen.
(b) His dog.
(c) His cattle.
(d) His horse.
13. Which of the following lucky pendants does Dr Martino give to Louise to help her overcome her fears?
(a) A Saint Christopher.
(b) A four-leaf clover.
(c) A rabbit's foot.
(d) A shiny penny.
14. When Howes' latest project sells, what does he purchase for his wife?
(a) A diamond brooch.
(b) A new car.
(c) A fur coat.
(d) A mahogany casket.
15. While Spoomer is with his woman, what does Satoris steal from him?
(a) His shoes.
(b) His wallet.
(c) His clothes.
(d) His car.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Alec Gray is in the Army, what is his relationship with his family?
2. Which of the following modes of transportation is seen speeding away at the end of the story "Honor"?
3. With which of Wash's relatives does his boss start a relationship?
4. How does the husband react when he hears of his wife's affair in the story "Honor"?
5. In the story "Carcassonne," which of the following believes that death is "a stillness"?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)