|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What country is Borgard from?
2. Where does Borgard find the young, drunken English soldier?
(a) In a bar.
(b) In the hospital.
(c) In a brothel.
(d) On the streets.
3. In what state does Danny live?
(a) In New York.
(b) In California.
(c) In Florida.
(d) In Washington.
4. At the end of the story "Crevasse," what is the injured man in the corner doing?
5. What recent event has just changed the life of Judge in the story "Beyond"?
(a) He has just died.
(b) He has just had his first child.
(c) He has just gotten married.
(d) He has just found his first job.
6. After he resettles away from Nebraska, what does Ewing do for a living?
(a) Sells real estate.
(b) Digs irrigation.
(c) Serves as a general in the Confederate army.
(d) Conducts trains.
7. What does the English soldier think about Borgard's flying ability in the story "Turnabout"?
(a) He is disappointed.
(b) He is apathetic.
(c) He is impressed.
(d) He is confused.
8. After Davy loses his leg in the war, what material is used to craft him a new one?
9. Which valuable is Grandmother Millard most interested in hiding in the story "Grandmother Millard"?
(a) Her jewelry.
(b) Her silver.
(c) Her gold.
(d) Her weapons.
10. When Howes' latest project sells, what does he purchase for his wife?
(a) A new car.
(b) A fur coat.
(c) A mahogany casket.
(d) A diamond brooch.
11. What happens to Satoris at the end of the story "All the Dead Pilots"?
(a) He forgives Spoomer.
(b) He is captured by enemy soldiers.
(c) He is kicked out of the Army.
(d) He is killed.
12. In the story "Beyond," what is significant about the baby that Judge meets?
(a) It only has one arm.
(b) It is covered in scars.
(c) It has a mouthful of teeth.
(d) It is unable to stop crying.
13. When Alec Gray loses his job, where is he forced to bathe?
(a) In the homeless shelter.
(b) In the city's fountains.
(c) In the river.
(d) In the bus-stop bathroom.
14. Which of the following statements is true about Wash's female relative?
(a) She gets pregnant and has one child a year for five years.
(b) She gets pregnant and gives birth to a baby girl.
(c) She gets pregnant and gives birth to twin boys.
(d) She cannot have children.
15. With which of Wash's relatives does his boss start a relationship?
(a) His granddaughter.
(b) His daughter.
(c) His mother.
(d) His sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Alec Gray is in the Army, what is his relationship with his family?
2. What sad event forces Amy out of the house to take up a life of partying?
3. What event does Judge go to watch at the end of the story "Beyond"?
4. What type of reputation does Harrison Blair have in the town?
5. At the end of the story "Turnabout," how does Borgard feel about the young English soldier he rescued?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)