|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which country are George and Carl vacationing in the story "Divorce in Naples"?
2. What book do the soldiers in "Crevasse" read to pass their time?
(a) The dictionary.
(b) The Bible.
(c) The Koran.
(d) The telephone book.
3. When Howes' latest project sells, what does he purchase for his wife?
(a) A diamond brooch.
(b) A new car.
(c) A mahogany casket.
(d) A fur coat.
4. In the story "Crevasse," how are the first 12 soldiers killed?
(a) In a monsoon.
(b) In a tornado.
(c) In an avalanche.
(d) In a hurricane.
5. What recent event has just changed the life of Judge in the story "Beyond"?
(a) He has just gotten married.
(b) He has just found his first job.
(c) He has just died.
(d) He has just had his first child.
6. Which of the following adjectives best describes the soldier named Borgard in the story "Turnabout"?
7. What event does Judge go to watch at the end of the story "Beyond"?
(a) An execution.
(b) A funeral.
(c) A wedding.
(d) A trial.
8. From where does Roger Howes move his family in order to relocate in New York?
(a) From Georgia.
(b) From Virginia.
(c) From North Carolina.
(d) From Kentucky.
9. How does Alec Gray react when he is sent to spend time in the penal battalion?
(a) He shouts at his commanding officer.
(b) He punches his commanding officer.
(c) He kills his commanding officer.
(d) He takes the punishment silently.
10. Which of the following events does NOT happen in the story "Honor"?
(a) The husband takes the wife back.
(b) The husband and wife have a child together.
(c) The lover and husband dual.
(d) The lover leaves the woman
11. Why doesn't Jarrod want Louise to ride horses with him at the resort?
(a) Because he is angry with Louise for lying to him.
(b) Because Louise has been forbidden to ride the horses by her mother.
(c) Because the horse she is riding is dangerous.
(d) Because he does not want to be seen with Louise.
12. While Alec Gray is in the Army, what is his relationship with his family?
(a) He has no family.
(c) He misses his family.
13. What is the name of the squadron where Satoris is sent for punishment?
(a) The Mongoose Squadron.
(b) The Flamingo Squadron.
(c) The Camel Squadron.
(d) The Orangutan Squadron.
14. While Spoomer is with his woman, what does Satoris steal from him?
(a) His car.
(b) His clothes.
(c) His wallet.
(d) His shoes.
15. On what type of mission does the young English soldier go with Borgard?
(a) A bombing mission.
(b) A mapping mission.
(c) An evacuation mission.
(d) A search-and-rescue mission.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following lucky pendants does Dr Martino give to Louise to help her overcome her fears?
2. What is Alec Gray punished for NOT doing in the Army?
3. Which valuable is Grandmother Millard most interested in hiding in the story "Grandmother Millard"?
4. How many soldiers survive to the end of the story "Crevasse"?
5. What does Davy send to Corinthia that enrages her brother?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)