|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Ira Ewing when he runs away from home in the story "Golden Land"?
2. On what type of boat does the English soldier take Borgard?
(a) A canoe.
(b) A submarine.
(c) A sailboat.
(d) A torpedo boat.
3. Which of the following purchases did the dead woman upgrade every year?
(a) Her telephone.
(b) Her car.
(c) Her mortgage.
(d) Her coffin.
4. In the story "Crevasse," how are the first 12 soldiers killed?
(a) In a tornado.
(b) In a monsoon.
(c) In an avalanche.
(d) In a hurricane.
5. What does Davy send to Corinthia that enrages her brother?
(a) A photograph.
(b) A letter.
(c) A bouquet of flowers.
(d) A set of dogtags.
6. When Ewing leaves Nebraska, where does he go?
7. Ira Ewing's mother asks him for money for what?
(a) To start a savings account.
(b) To purchase a new home.
(c) A train ticket.
(d) Her funeral services.
8. When Howes' latest project sells, what does he purchase for his wife?
(a) A new car.
(b) A fur coat.
(c) A diamond brooch.
(d) A mahogany casket.
9. How does Boyd's mother find out that Amy has lost her brooch?
(a) By reading Amy's diary.
(b) By snooping in Amy's jewelry chest.
(c) Through a telephone call.
(d) Through town gossip.
10. In what state does Danny live?
(a) In Florida.
(b) In Washington.
(c) In New York.
(d) In California.
11. After Davy loses his leg in the war, what material is used to craft him a new one?
12. What type of animal does Spoomer keep as a pet?
(a) A lizard.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A dog.
(d) A cat.
13. Which of the following statements is NOT true in the story "Wash"?
(a) Wash kills his boss.
(b) Wash kills his granddaughter.
(c) Wash sets his house on fire.
(d) Wash kills himself.
14. What is the last name of the Confederate soldier who stands up and protects Melisandre?
15. How long has Harrison Blair been chasing the same fox in the story "Foxhunt"?
(a) Three days.
(b) Three months.
(c) Three hours.
(d) Three years.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Alec Gray is in the Army, what is his relationship with his family?
2. Which of the following lucky pendants does Dr Martino give to Louise to help her overcome her fears?
3. How many soldiers survive to the end of the story "Crevasse"?
4. Who contacts Jarrod telling him to meet the King family immediately at a resort?
5. Which of the following statements about Dr Martino is true?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)