|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ewing leaves Nebraska, where does he go?
2. How does Boyd's mother find out that Amy has lost her brooch?
(a) Through a telephone call.
(b) Through town gossip.
(c) By reading Amy's diary.
(d) By snooping in Amy's jewelry chest.
3. Which of the following statements about Dr Martino is true?
(a) He is overweight.
(b) He has had his medical license revoked.
(c) He is much older than Louise.
(d) He is married with three children.
4. During which season do Jarrod and Louise attend prom together?
5. Why doesn't Jarrod want Louise to ride horses with him at the resort?
(a) Because Louise has been forbidden to ride the horses by her mother.
(b) Because he is angry with Louise for lying to him.
(c) Because the horse she is riding is dangerous.
(d) Because he does not want to be seen with Louise.
6. With what part of an airplane is the lover in the story "Honor" concerned?
(a) The engine.
(b) The wings.
(c) The cockpit.
(d) The passengers.
7. Which of the following adjectives best describes the soldier named Borgard in the story "Turnabout"?
8. When Alec Gray loses his job, what does he use to iron his clothes?
(a) Heavy books.
(c) A cold iron.
(d) Hand weights.
9. What book do the soldiers in "Crevasse" read to pass their time?
(a) The telephone book.
(b) The dictionary.
(c) The Koran.
(d) The Bible.
10. What does the English soldier think about Borgard's flying ability in the story "Turnabout"?
(a) He is apathetic.
(b) He is disappointed.
(c) He is impressed.
(d) He is confused.
11. On what type of boat does the English soldier take Borgard?
(a) A canoe.
(b) A torpedo boat.
(c) A submarine.
(d) A sailboat.
12. What type of animal does Spoomer keep as a pet?
(a) A lizard.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A dog.
(d) A cat.
13. Which of the following animals does Wash overhear his boss talking about with great respect?
(a) His cattle.
(b) His horse.
(c) His oxen.
(d) His dog.
14. How old is Ira Ewing when he runs away from home in the story "Golden Land"?
15. Which of the following activities would one use a scythe for?
(a) Entertaining children.
(b) Rowing a boat.
(c) Cutting grain.
(d) Removing cotton from its casing.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Spoomer is meeting his woman, where does Satoris find them?
2. Which of the following words completes this quote from the story "Carcassonne": "Death is ___________ a galloping buckskin horse."
3. What sad event forces Amy out of the house to take up a life of partying?
4. What does Amy beg of her husband Howard Boyd?
5. Which of the following creatures does Dr Martino use to help Louise overcome her irrational fear?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)