|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During which season do Jarrod and Louise attend prom together?
2. When Alec Gray loses his job, what does he use to iron his clothes?
(a) Hand weights.
(b) Heavy books.
(d) A cold iron.
3. How many soldiers are lost in the desert in the story "Ad Astra"?
(d) Four hundred.
4. What does Danny send to his mother's funeral, which greatly impresses the narrator of this story?
(a) A wreath.
(b) A bouquet of flowers.
(c) A box of chocolates.
(d) A handwritten card.
5. In the story "The Mistral," which of the following facts is NOT true about the dead man's fiancee?
(a) She is adopted.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She is a suspect in his murder.
(d) She is the daughter of a priest.
6. Which of the following characters says, "The only way to feel alive is to do things you are afraid to do."
(a) Dr Martino.
(b) Mrs. King.
(c) Hubert Jarrod.
(d) Louise King.
7. Which of the following characters is NOT involved with telling the story of Harrison Blair's chase of the fox?
(a) Harrison Blair.
(b) Harrison Blair's hunting mates.
(c) Harrison Blair's chauffer.
(d) Harrison Blair's servant.
8. What position does Borgard hold in his Army battalion?
9. In the story "Carcassonne," which of the following believes that death is "a stillness"?
(a) The soul.
(b) The spirit.
(c) The skeleton.
(d) The mind.
10. Of which of the following things is Louise afraid?
(c) The dark.
(d) Small spaces.
11. On what type of boat does the English soldier take Borgard?
(a) A canoe.
(b) A sailboat.
(c) A submarine.
(d) A torpedo boat.
12. Which of the following animals does Wash overhear his boss talking about with great respect?
(a) His oxen.
(b) His dog.
(c) His horse.
(d) His cattle.
13. What does the English soldier think about Borgard's flying ability in the story "Turnabout"?
(a) He is impressed.
(b) He is disappointed.
(c) He is confused.
(d) He is apathetic.
14. In the story "Crevasse," how are the first 12 soldiers killed?
(a) In a monsoon.
(b) In a hurricane.
(c) In an avalanche.
(d) In a tornado.
15. During which of the following holidays do Hubert Jarrod and Louise King meet?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Alec Gray loses his job, where is he forced to bathe?
2. Where does Borgard find the young, drunken English soldier?
3. Why doesn't Jarrod want Louise to ride horses with him at the resort?
4. Which valuable is Grandmother Millard most interested in hiding in the story "Grandmother Millard"?
5. What does Louise's mother think about Jarrod?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)