|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story "The Mistral," which of the following facts is NOT true about the dead man's fiancee?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She is the daughter of a priest.
(c) She is a suspect in his murder.
(d) She is adopted.
2. During which season do Jarrod and Louise attend prom together?
3. How do the common men feel about Harrison Blair's obsession with the same fox?
(a) They are outraged.
(b) They are confused.
(c) They are annoyed.
(d) They are impressed.
4. Who contacts Jarrod telling him to meet the King family immediately at a resort?
(a) Dr Martino.
(b) Louise King.
(c) Mr. King.
(d) Mrs. King.
5. Where does Borgard find the young, drunken English soldier?
(a) In the hospital.
(b) On the streets.
(c) In a bar.
(d) In a brothel.
6. On what type of mission does the young English soldier go with Borgard?
(a) A mapping mission.
(b) A search-and-rescue mission.
(c) An evacuation mission.
(d) A bombing mission.
7. When Spoomer is meeting his woman, where does Satoris find them?
(a) At a church.
(b) At the beach.
(c) At a movie theater.
(d) At a house.
8. How many soldiers survive to the end of the story "Crevasse"?
(d) Eight- three.
9. Who kills Doctor Martino?
(a) His killer is never found.
(b) Louise King.
(c) Mrs. King.
(d) Hubert Jarrod.
10. How old is Ira Ewing when he runs away from home in the story "Golden Land"?
11. How does Wash react to the blooming relationship between his female relative and his boss?
(a) He tries to break the relationship up.
(b) He gives the relationship his blessing.
(c) He ignores the relationship.
(d) He does not know about the relationship.
12. In the story "Carcassonne," which of the following believes that death is "continual movement"?
(a) The mind.
(b) The skeleton.
(c) The soul.
(d) The spirit.
13. Which of the following statements is true about Wash's female relative?
(a) She gets pregnant and gives birth to a baby girl.
(b) She gets pregnant and has one child a year for five years.
(c) She gets pregnant and gives birth to twin boys.
(d) She cannot have children.
14. Which of the following statements is NOT true in the story "Wash"?
(a) Wash sets his house on fire.
(b) Wash kills his boss.
(c) Wash kills himself.
(d) Wash kills his granddaughter.
15. Which of the following animals does Wash overhear his boss talking about with great respect?
(a) His oxen.
(b) His dog.
(c) His cattle.
(d) His horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Davy loses his leg in the war, what material is used to craft him a new one?
2. At the end of the story "Turnabout," how does Borgard feel about the young English soldier he rescued?
3. When Alec Gray loses his job, what does he use to iron his clothes?
4. When Alec Gray loses his job, where is he forced to bathe?
5. Which of the following statements about Dr Martino is true?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)