|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Louise's mother think about Jarrod?
(a) That he is socially beneath Louise.
(b) That he would make a good husband.
(c) She has never met Jarrod.
(d) That he is an untrustworthy man.
2. Which of the following animals does Wash overhear his boss talking about with great respect?
(a) His horse.
(b) His cattle.
(c) His oxen.
(d) His dog.
3. After Davy loses his leg in the war, what material is used to craft him a new one?
4. In the story "All the Dead Pilots," what does Spoomer steal from his friend Satoris?
(a) His gun.
(b) His girlfriend.
(c) His wallet.
(d) His socks.
5. While Spoomer is with his woman, what does Satoris steal from him?
(a) His shoes.
(b) His clothes.
(c) His car.
(d) His wallet.
6. After the war is over, where does Alec Gray move?
(a) To New York City.
(b) To London.
(c) To Paris.
(d) To Barcelona.
7. When Alec Gray loses his job, what does he use to iron his clothes?
(b) Hand weights.
(c) Heavy books.
(d) A cold iron.
8. Which of the following creatures does Dr Martino use to help Louise overcome her irrational fear?
9. With what part of an airplane is the lover in the story "Honor" concerned?
(a) The engine.
(b) The passengers.
(c) The wings.
(d) The cockpit.
10. Which of the following events does Roger Howes use as subject matter to create his newest masterpiece?
(a) His own decent into madness.
(b) His wife's affair.
(c) His daughter's death.
(d) His son's first steps.
11. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Alec Gray?
(a) He is of Caucasian decent.
(b) He is very poor.
(c) He was honorably discharged from the Army.
(d) He is a decorated soldier.
12. In which city do Hubert Jarrod and Louise King meet in the story "Dr Martino"?
(a) St. Louis.
(b) New Orleans.
13. How many soldiers are lost in the desert in the story "Ad Astra"?
(a) Four hundred.
14. Which valuable is Grandmother Millard most interested in hiding in the story "Grandmother Millard"?
(a) Her gold.
(b) Her silver.
(c) Her jewelry.
(d) Her weapons.
15. What book do the soldiers in "Crevasse" read to pass their time?
(a) The dictionary.
(b) The Bible.
(c) The Koran.
(d) The telephone book.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the narrator of the story "Pennsylvania Station" related to the dead woman?
2. At the end of the story "Turnabout," how does Borgard feel about the young English soldier he rescued?
3. Which of the following statements about Dr Martino is true?
4. Where is the resort where the King family meets Jarrod?
5. How long has Harrison Blair been chasing the same fox in the story "Foxhunt"?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)