|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what state does Danny live?
(a) In New York.
(b) In Washington.
(c) In Florida.
(d) In California.
2. Which of the following statements is NOT true about Alec Gray?
(a) He was honorably discharged from the Army.
(b) He is a decorated soldier.
(c) He is of Caucasian decent.
(d) He is very poor.
3. In the story "Carcassonne," which of the following believes that death is "continual movement"?
(a) The soul.
(b) The mind.
(c) The skeleton.
(d) The spirit.
4. From where does Roger Howes move his family in order to relocate in New York?
(a) From Kentucky.
(b) From Georgia.
(c) From Virginia.
(d) From North Carolina.
5. With what part of an airplane is the lover in the story "Honor" concerned?
(a) The engine.
(b) The wings.
(c) The passengers.
(d) The cockpit.
6. In the story "Crevasse," how are the first 12 soldiers killed?
(a) In a hurricane.
(b) In an avalanche.
(c) In a monsoon.
(d) In a tornado.
7. How does the husband react when he hears of his wife's affair in the story "Honor"?
(a) He is outraged.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He gives his approval.
(d) He is devastated.
8. What does Danny send to his mother's funeral, which greatly impresses the narrator of this story?
(a) A box of chocolates.
(b) A bouquet of flowers.
(c) A wreath.
(d) A handwritten card.
9. Who contacts Jarrod telling him to meet the King family immediately at a resort?
(a) Louise King.
(b) Mr. King.
(c) Dr Martino.
(d) Mrs. King.
10. How does Wash react to the blooming relationship between his female relative and his boss?
(a) He does not know about the relationship.
(b) He gives the relationship his blessing.
(c) He tries to break the relationship up.
(d) He ignores the relationship.
11. When Howes' latest project sells, what does he purchase for his wife?
(a) A mahogany casket.
(b) A diamond brooch.
(c) A fur coat.
(d) A new car.
12. Which of the following events does Roger Howes use as subject matter to create his newest masterpiece?
(a) His daughter's death.
(b) His own decent into madness.
(c) His son's first steps.
(d) His wife's affair.
13. Which of the following characters is NOT present at the boating event in the story "The Leg"?
14. At the end of the story "Crevasse," what is the injured man in the corner doing?
15. Which of the following characters is NOT involved with telling the story of Harrison Blair's chase of the fox?
(a) Harrison Blair's chauffer.
(b) Harrison Blair's servant.
(c) Harrison Blair.
(d) Harrison Blair's hunting mates.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story "Carcassonne," which of the following believes that death is "a stillness"?
2. Which of the following activities would one use a scythe for?
3. What is another word for "crevasse"?
4. What recent event has just changed the life of Judge in the story "Beyond"?
5. How many soldiers survive to the end of the story "Crevasse"?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)