|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story "The Mistral," which of the following facts is NOT true about the dead man's fiancee?
(a) She is the daughter of a priest.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) She is a suspect in his murder.
(d) She is adopted.
2. What event does Judge go to watch at the end of the story "Beyond"?
(a) A funeral.
(b) A wedding.
(c) An execution.
(d) A trial.
3. What type of vehicle is Satoris in when he goes to spy on Spoomer and his woman?
(a) A train.
(b) A bicycle.
(c) A convertible.
(d) An airplane.
4. In the story "Carcassonne," which of the following believes that death is "a stillness"?
(a) The soul.
(b) The mind.
(c) The skeleton.
(d) The spirit.
5. Which of the following animals does Wash overhear his boss talking about with great respect?
(a) His cattle.
(b) His oxen.
(c) His dog.
(d) His horse.
6. After the war is over, where does Alec Gray move?
(a) To Paris.
(b) To New York City.
(c) To London.
(d) To Barcelona.
7. How many soldiers are lost in the desert in the story "Ad Astra"?
(d) Four hundred.
8. What recent event has just changed the life of Judge in the story "Beyond"?
(a) He has just died.
(b) He has just found his first job.
(c) He has just gotten married.
(d) He has just had his first child.
9. How does Alec Gray react when he is sent to spend time in the penal battalion?
(a) He shouts at his commanding officer.
(b) He kills his commanding officer.
(c) He punches his commanding officer.
(d) He takes the punishment silently.
10. Where does Borgard find the young, drunken English soldier?
(a) In the hospital.
(b) In a bar.
(c) In a brothel.
(d) On the streets.
11. How many soldiers survive to the end of the story "Crevasse"?
(b) Eight- three.
12. Which of the following events does Roger Howes use as subject matter to create his newest masterpiece?
(a) His son's first steps.
(b) His wife's affair.
(c) His daughter's death.
(d) His own decent into madness.
13. Which of the following statements about Dr Martino is true?
(a) He is much older than Louise.
(b) He is overweight.
(c) He is married with three children.
(d) He has had his medical license revoked.
14. After he resettles away from Nebraska, what does Ewing do for a living?
(a) Digs irrigation.
(b) Serves as a general in the Confederate army.
(c) Sells real estate.
(d) Conducts trains.
15. What is the name of the squadron where Satoris is sent for punishment?
(a) The Mongoose Squadron.
(b) The Camel Squadron.
(c) The Orangutan Squadron.
(d) The Flamingo Squadron.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of which of the following things is Louise afraid?
2. Which of the following facts is NOT true about Howard Boyd's mother in the story "The Brooch"?
3. Which of the following statements is true about Wash's female relative?
4. Which of the following creatures does Dr Martino use to help Louise overcome her irrational fear?
5. How does Wash react to the blooming relationship between his female relative and his boss?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)