Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the Native Americans want to hold a trial for the chief's nephew in the white man's court?
(a) Out of curiosity.
(b) Out of fear.
(c) Out of respect.
(d) So he will be properly punished.
2. What does the father of the two young boys tell them to do when he sees the party that has come to arrest them?
(a) He tells them to pray.
(b) He tells them run.
(c) He tells them to fight.
(d) He tells them join.
3. In the story "Red Leaves," how many Indians are searching for the chief's slave?
4. What is the only thing Emily's father leaves to her in his will?
(a) A horse.
(b) A servant.
(c) A house.
(d) A bank account full of money.
5. What part of the black men's clothing did Lucius Provine burn when he was a child?
(a) Their collars.
(b) Their bow ties.
(c) Their socks.
(d) Their hats.
6. How many men is Res Grier working with to reshingle the church in "Shingles for God"?
7. What building is Res Grier in charge of reshingling?
(a) The church.
(b) The school.
(c) The police office.
(d) The hospital.
8. How does Paul de Montigny feel about marrying Elly?
(a) He is apathetic about marrying her.
(b) He desperately wants to marry her.
(c) He does not want to marry her.
(d) He is not sure if he wants to marry her.
9. What is the name of the black man who is killed for assaulting Minnie Cooper in the story "Dry September"?
(a) Alan Barks.
(b) Tomas Frank.
(c) Charlie Delay.
(d) Will Mayes.
10. Whom does Res Grier take with him when he returns to work on the church in the middle of the night?
(a) His son.
(b) His brother.
(c) His nephew.
(d) His cousin.
11. Which of the following adjectives best describes the competition between David Hogganbeck and Ikkemotubbe?
12. What weapon does Pete's younger brother use to attack the bus depot worker and the Army lieutenant?
(a) A lead pipe.
(b) A knife.
(c) A grenade.
(d) A gun.
13. What is the name of the company Captain Warren pilots for in the story "Death Drag"?
(a) Jet Away and Fly.
(b) The Company of Wings.
(c) Aireal Barnam.
(d) Royal Flying Corps.
14. Which of the following vehicles does Uncle Willy crash, killing himself?
(a) A boat.
(b) A car.
(c) An airplane.
(d) A train.
15. What crime is Res Grier accused of in the end of the story "Shingles for the Lord"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the townsfolk find lying on the pillow next to Homer Barron's corpse?
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes Flem Snopes in the story "Centaur in Brass"?
3. Which of the following about Indian culture does NOT embarrass the president?
4. Which of the following facts about Uncle Willy is NOT true?
5. How old is Emily Grierson when she dies?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)