|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Abner Snope's only son?
2. What is the name of Sam Fathers' true father?
(a) Sam Senior.
3. When Res Grier is waiting for his friend to return from fox hunting, how late is he when he finally arrives at work?
(a) Four hours late.
(b) Two hours late.
(c) Eight hours late.
(d) Six hours late.
4. In the story "Red Leaves," how many Indians are searching for the chief's slave?
5. Which of the following government officials does NOT arrive at the home of the two boys in "The Tall Men"?
(a) A recruiter.
(b) A marshal.
(c) An investigator.
(d) A parson.
6. How does the servant at the rich family's home treat Pete's family when they come offering comfort?
(a) He is kind to them.
(b) He is angry with them.
(c) He confuses them.
(d) He is rude to them.
7. What type of snake bites the runaway slave in the story "Red Leaves"?
(a) Black mamba.
8. What does Abner Snope do for a living?
(a) He is a doctor.
(b) He is a farmer.
(c) He is a teacher.
(d) He is an architect.
9. What is the name of the black man who is killed for assaulting Minnie Cooper in the story "Dry September"?
(a) Will Mayes.
(b) Tomas Frank.
(c) Alan Barks.
(d) Charlie Delay.
10. How does Paul de Montigny feel about marrying Elly?
(a) He is apathetic about marrying her.
(b) He does not want to marry her.
(c) He desperately wants to marry her.
(d) He is not sure if he wants to marry her.
11. What part of de Spain's house does Abner allegedly ruin in "Barn Burning"?
(a) His living room sofa.
(b) His dining room table.
(c) His carpet.
(d) His drapes.
12. What about the little orphan girl Hawkshaw meets is unusually colored?
(a) Her eyes.
(b) Her teeth.
(c) Her hair.
(d) Her clothing.
13. Before he left the tribe, how was Doom treated by the rest of his tribe?
(a) He was greatly feared.
(b) He was hated.
(c) He was often ignored.
(d) He was well-respected.
14. What is the name of the company Captain Warren pilots for in the story "Death Drag"?
(a) Aireal Barnam.
(b) The Company of Wings.
(c) Royal Flying Corps.
(d) Jet Away and Fly.
15. What is Sam Father's real birth name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives best describes Flem Snopes in the story "Centaur in Brass"?
2. With whom does the president discuss "the situation" of the Indians near his quarters?
3. At the end of the story "Lo," what does the president order his men to do?
4. Whom does Res Grier take with him when he returns to work on the church in the middle of the night?
5. When Doom wants to settle an argument between two men in his tribe, what type of fight does he arrange?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)