|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Res Grier try to sell in order to settle his debts with his co-workers?
(a) A cow.
(b) A dog.
(c) A goat.
(d) A horse.
2. What part of the black men's clothing did Lucius Provine burn when he was a child?
(a) Their socks.
(b) Their collars.
(c) Their hats.
(d) Their bow ties.
3. Which of the following facts about Uncle Willy is NOT true?
(a) He lives in Memphis.
(b) He has three sons.
(c) He is married to a prostitute.
(d) He is a drug addict.
4. What building is Res Grier in charge of reshingling?
(a) The church.
(b) The police office.
(c) The school.
(d) The hospital.
5. What weapon does Pete's younger brother use to attack the bus depot worker and the Army lieutenant?
(a) A grenade.
(b) A gun.
(c) A lead pipe.
(d) A knife.
6. Which of the following adjectives best describes Flem Snopes in the story "Centaur in Brass"?
7. At the end of the story "Lo," what does the president order his men to do?
(a) Fear the Indians.
(b) Kill the Indians.
(c) Ignore the Indians.
(d) Befriend the Indians.
8. How does Paul de Montigny feel about marrying Elly?
(a) He is apathetic about marrying her.
(b) He is not sure if he wants to marry her.
(c) He does not want to marry her.
(d) He desperately wants to marry her.
9. How do Pete and his brother hear about the war that is tearing their country apart?
(a) From the radio.
(b) From the newspaper.
(c) From the television.
(d) From the Internet.
10. What does the father of the two young boys tell them to do when he sees the party that has come to arrest them?
(a) He tells them to fight.
(b) He tells them join.
(c) He tells them run.
(d) He tells them to pray.
11. What is the name of the Indian man Herman Basket's sister marries?
12. How much money does Mannie give to Snopes after she shoots his prize mule in the story "Mule in the Yard"?
(a) Twenty dollars.
(b) Ten dollars.
(c) Five dollars.
(d) Fifty dollars.
13. According to Indian tradition, what must the chief's slave do after the chief dies?
(a) Be banished into the wilderness.
(b) Be sold to another Indian chief.
(c) Marry the chief's wife.
(d) Be buried next to the chief.
14. How old is Pete's younger brother when he decides he wants to join the Army?
(a) 6 years old.
(b) 12 years old.
(c) 8 years old.
(d) 10 years old.
15. Which of the following metals is used to make the whistle in Flem Snopes' story?
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of de Spain's property does Abner burn down in a rage of revenge?
2. Where does Tom-Tom dispose of the scrap metal Flem Snopes has been hiding?
3. How many men is Res Grier working with to reshingle the church in "Shingles for God"?
4. Which of the following adjectives does NOT describe the family from the story "The Tall Men"?
5. Which of the following about Indian culture does NOT embarrass the president?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)