|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shocking item does Emily Grierson purchase from the druggist in town?
2. What about the little orphan girl Hawkshaw meets is unusually colored?
(a) Her clothing.
(b) Her hair.
(c) Her eyes.
(d) Her teeth.
3. Before he left the tribe, how was Doom treated by the rest of his tribe?
(a) He was often ignored.
(b) He was well-respected.
(c) He was greatly feared.
(d) He was hated.
4. Which of the following government officials does NOT arrive at the home of the two boys in "The Tall Men"?
(a) A parson.
(b) An investigator.
(c) A recruiter.
(d) A marshal.
5. What request does Pappy make of Doom when Doom returns to his tribe?
(a) To be set free of his tribe.
(b) To be married.
(c) To be made a warrior.
(d) To be made chief.
6. Who shoots Abner Snope?
(a) His wife.
(b) His son.
(c) His boss.
(d) His best friend.
7. What part of the black men's clothing did Lucius Provine burn when he was a child?
(a) Their hats.
(b) Their collars.
(c) Their bow ties.
(d) Their socks.
8. How did Hawkshaw's fiance die?
(a) From the fever.
(b) From the plague.
(c) From the pox.
(d) From the flu.
9. Which of the following relatives does Elly live with in the story "Elly"?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her grandmother.
(d) Her cousin.
10. What type of snake bites the runaway slave in the story "Red Leaves"?
(a) Black mamba.
11. Which of the following adjectives does NOT describe the family from the story "The Tall Men"?
12. How old is the young boy to whom Sam Fathers is telling his life story?
(a) 8 years old.
(b) 12 years old.
(c) 10 years old.
(d) 14 years old.
13. Which of the following adjectives best describes Flem Snopes in the story "Centaur in Brass"?
14. Who suggests that Lucius go visit the Indians to cure his ailment?
15. During what month of the year does Hawkshaw disappear from town for two weeks?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the company Captain Warren pilots for in the story "Death Drag"?
2. When Doom wants to settle an argument between two men in his tribe, what type of fight does he arrange?
3. To which city does Pete travel in order to enlist in the Army?
4. What is it about Paul de Montigny that makes him an unsuitable boyfriend for Elly?
5. What part of the father's body in "The Tall Men" has been injured in the war?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)