|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the man who is the rightful owner of the animal Res Grier is trying to sell to settle his debts?
2. What is Emily Grierson's initial response after her father dies?
(a) She decides not to go into mourning.
(b) She denies that her father is dead.
(c) She throws a party, celebrating her father's life.
(d) She cries continually for three days.
3. Which of the following adjectives best describes Flem Snopes in the story "Centaur in Brass"?
4. Before he left the tribe, how was Doom treated by the rest of his tribe?
(a) He was greatly feared.
(b) He was well-respected.
(c) He was hated.
(d) He was often ignored.
5. Why does the president decide to hold a "mock trial" for the Indian chief's nephew?
(a) To appease the townsfolk.
(b) To punish the nephew to the fullest extent of the law.
(c) To fool the Indians into thinking that he understands the law.
(d) To get the Indians off his land.
6. Which of the following ailments does not befall the first pilot in the story "Death Drag"?
(a) His voice goes mute.
(b) His body develops a nervous tic.
(c) His hair turns white.
(d) His stomach isn't able to digest food.
7. How much money does Mannie give to Snopes after she shoots his prize mule in the story "Mule in the Yard"?
(a) Five dollars.
(b) Ten dollars.
(c) Twenty dollars.
(d) Fifty dollars.
8. According to Indian tradition, what must the chief's slave do after the chief dies?
(a) Be sold to another Indian chief.
(b) Marry the chief's wife.
(c) Be banished into the wilderness.
(d) Be buried next to the chief.
9. Why do the Native Americans want to hold a trial for the chief's nephew in the white man's court?
(a) Out of curiosity.
(b) So he will be properly punished.
(c) Out of respect.
(d) Out of fear.
10. What part of de Spain's property does Abner burn down in a rage of revenge?
(a) His church.
(b) His fields.
(c) His house.
(d) His barn.
11. Homer Barron is from what part of the United States?
(a) The South.
(b) The North.
(c) The West.
(d) The East.
12. Which of the following ailments plagues Lucius while he is out on the bear hunt?
(b) Shortness of breath.
13. What is Sam Father's real birth name?
14. What does Abner Snope do for a living?
(a) He is a teacher.
(b) He is a doctor.
(c) He is an architect.
(d) He is a farmer.
15. Although she is beautiful, which of the following adjectives best describes Herman Basket's sister?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Indian man Herman Basket's sister marries?
2. Who is responsible for the mysterious deaths of the chief and all his successors?
3. Which of the following government officials does NOT arrive at the home of the two boys in "The Tall Men"?
4. How does the Indian chief communicate with the president in the story "Lo"?
5. What building is Res Grier in charge of reshingling?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)