|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who shoots Abner Snope?
(a) His wife.
(b) His son.
(c) His boss.
(d) His best friend.
2. What part of de Spain's house does Abner allegedly ruin in "Barn Burning"?
(a) His carpet.
(b) His living room sofa.
(c) His drapes.
(d) His dining room table.
3. In "A Bear Hunt," which part of the town do all the children think is haunted?
(a) The Indian burial ground.
(b) The asylum.
(c) The cemetary.
(d) The church.
4. What is the only thing Emily's father leaves to her in his will?
(a) A bank account full of money.
(b) A horse.
(c) A house.
(d) A servant.
5. What shocking item does Emily Grierson purchase from the druggist in town?
6. In the story "Red Leaves," how many Indians are searching for the chief's slave?
7. What does Abner Snope do for a living?
(a) He is a teacher.
(b) He is a farmer.
(c) He is an architect.
(d) He is a doctor.
8. What does the father of the two young boys tell them to do when he sees the party that has come to arrest them?
(a) He tells them run.
(b) He tells them to pray.
(c) He tells them join.
(d) He tells them to fight.
9. Which of the following metals is used to make the whistle in Flem Snopes' story?
10. What animal does Res Grier try to sell in order to settle his debts with his co-workers?
(a) A cow.
(b) A goat.
(c) A dog.
(d) A horse.
11. What devastating fact does Pappy find out about the black woman he is in love with?
(a) She is barren.
(b) She does not love him.
(c) She is racist.
(d) She is already married.
12. How did Hawkshaw's fiance die?
(a) From the fever.
(b) From the flu.
(c) From the plague.
(d) From the pox.
13. Why do the Native Americans want to hold a trial for the chief's nephew in the white man's court?
(a) Out of fear.
(b) Out of respect.
(c) Out of curiosity.
(d) So he will be properly punished.
14. How much money does Mannie give to Snopes after she shoots his prize mule in the story "Mule in the Yard"?
(a) Fifty dollars.
(b) Ten dollars.
(c) Twenty dollars.
(d) Five dollars.
15. At the end of the story "Elly," which of the following is the only character who is still alive?
(b) None of the above, all the characters die.
(c) Paul de Montigny.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Abner Snope's only son?
2. Which of the following facts about Uncle Willy is NOT true?
3. What building is Res Grier in charge of reshingling?
4. Which of the following adjectives does NOT describe the family from the story "The Tall Men"?
5. What is Sam Fathers' heritage in the story "A Justice"?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)