|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During what month of the year does Hawkshaw disappear from town for two weeks?
2. What part of the father's body in "The Tall Men" has been injured in the war?
(a) His head.
(b) His stomach.
(c) His leg.
(d) His arm.
3. What does Abner Snope do for a living?
(a) He is a doctor.
(b) He is a teacher.
(c) He is an architect.
(d) He is a farmer.
4. What devastating fact does Pappy find out about the black woman he is in love with?
(a) She is already married.
(b) She does not love him.
(c) She is barren.
(d) She is racist.
5. What is the name of Sam Fathers' true father?
(d) Sam Senior.
6. What type of snake bites the runaway slave in the story "Red Leaves"?
(a) Black mamba.
7. What religious group attempts to save Willy's life by sending him to an asylum in the story "Uncle Willy"?
8. What request does Pappy make of Doom when Doom returns to his tribe?
(a) To be set free of his tribe.
(b) To be made chief.
(c) To be married.
(d) To be made a warrior.
9. What does Hawkshaw do for a living in the story "Hair"?
(a) He is a barber.
(b) He is a dentist.
(c) He is a doctor.
(d) He is a stylist.
10. How does Paul de Montigny feel about marrying Elly?
(a) He does not want to marry her.
(b) He is not sure if he wants to marry her.
(c) He is apathetic about marrying her.
(d) He desperately wants to marry her.
11. Which of the following relatives does Elly live with in the story "Elly"?
(a) Her aunt.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her grandmother.
12. What is Sam Fathers' heritage in the story "A Justice"?
(a) Full-blooded Native American.
(b) Half Native American, half black.
(c) Half Native American, half white
(d) Half black, half white
13. What about the little orphan girl Hawkshaw meets is unusually colored?
(a) Her teeth.
(b) Her clothing.
(c) Her eyes.
(d) Her hair.
14. Which of the following vehicles does Uncle Willy crash, killing himself?
(a) A train.
(b) A car.
(c) A boat.
(d) An airplane.
15. Which of the following holidays is Georgie anxiously anticipating in the story "That Will Be Fine"?
(d) His birthday.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Indian tradition, what must the chief's slave do after the chief dies?
2. At the end of the story "Elly," which of the following is the only character who is still alive?
3. To which city does Pete travel in order to enlist in the Army?
4. Which of the following facts about Uncle Willy is NOT true?
5. With whom does the president discuss "the situation" of the Indians near his quarters?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)