|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What vegetable is Abner Snope ordered to use to pay back his debts?
2. What is Emily Grierson's initial response after her father dies?
(a) She decides not to go into mourning.
(b) She denies that her father is dead.
(c) She cries continually for three days.
(d) She throws a party, celebrating her father's life.
3. After Pete is killed in combat, how long do his parents take off of work to mourn for him?
(a) One day.
(b) Three days.
(c) Four days.
(d) Two days.
4. How did Hawkshaw's fiance die?
(a) From the fever.
(b) From the flu.
(c) From the pox.
(d) From the plague.
5. Why does the president decide to hold a "mock trial" for the Indian chief's nephew?
(a) To get the Indians off his land.
(b) To fool the Indians into thinking that he understands the law.
(c) To appease the townsfolk.
(d) To punish the nephew to the fullest extent of the law.
6. What part of the father's body in "The Tall Men" has been injured in the war?
(a) His stomach.
(b) His arm.
(c) His leg.
(d) His head.
7. During what month of the year does Hawkshaw disappear from town for two weeks?
8. What is the name of the man who is the rightful owner of the animal Res Grier is trying to sell to settle his debts?
9. What is Sam Father's real birth name?
10. Which of the following adjectives does NOT describe the family from the story "The Tall Men"?
11. In the story "Red Leaves," how many Indians are searching for the chief's slave?
12. Which of the following stories is the sequel to "Two Soldiers"?
(a) "Barn Burning."
(b) "Shall Not Perish."
(c) "The Tall Men."
(d) "Bear Hunt."
13. What is Sam Fathers' heritage in the story "A Justice"?
(a) Half Native American, half black.
(b) Full-blooded Native American.
(c) Half Native American, half white
(d) Half black, half white
14. What building is Res Grier in charge of reshingling?
(a) The police office.
(b) The school.
(c) The hospital.
(d) The church.
15. What is the name of the Indian man Herman Basket's sister marries?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it about Paul de Montigny that makes him an unsuitable boyfriend for Elly?
2. Of what crime is the nephew of the Indian chief in the story "Lo" accused?
3. Which of the following vehicles does Uncle Willy crash, killing himself?
4. With whom does the president discuss "the situation" of the Indians near his quarters?
5. Which of the following adjectives best describes Flem Snopes in the story "Centaur in Brass"?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)