|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Res Grier try to sell in order to settle his debts with his co-workers?
(a) A goat.
(b) A cow.
(c) A dog.
(d) A horse.
2. What does the father of the two young boys tell them to do when he sees the party that has come to arrest them?
(a) He tells them run.
(b) He tells them to pray.
(c) He tells them to fight.
(d) He tells them join.
3. Which of the following adjectives does NOT describe the family from the story "The Tall Men"?
4. Where are the Indians searching for the slave?
(a) In the mountains.
(b) In the desert.
(c) On the plantation.
(d) In the woods.
5. With whom does the president discuss "the situation" of the Indians near his quarters?
(a) His wife.
(b) His secretary.
(c) His vice president.
(d) The senate.
6. Whom does Res Grier take with him when he returns to work on the church in the middle of the night?
(a) His brother.
(b) His son.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His nephew.
7. How much money does Mannie give to Snopes after she shoots his prize mule in the story "Mule in the Yard"?
(a) Twenty dollars.
(b) Fifty dollars.
(c) Ten dollars.
(d) Five dollars.
8. What part of de Spain's property does Abner burn down in a rage of revenge?
(a) His house.
(b) His fields.
(c) His church.
(d) His barn.
9. Why does the president decide to hold a "mock trial" for the Indian chief's nephew?
(a) To fool the Indians into thinking that he understands the law.
(b) To get the Indians off his land.
(c) To appease the townsfolk.
(d) To punish the nephew to the fullest extent of the law.
10. What is the name of the company Captain Warren pilots for in the story "Death Drag"?
(a) Royal Flying Corps.
(b) Jet Away and Fly.
(c) Aireal Barnam.
(d) The Company of Wings.
11. In the story "Lo," how does the president spy on the two Indians near his office?
(a) Through the cracks in the fence.
(b) With a cup to the door.
(c) Through the telegraph system.
(d) With a mirror.
12. Who suggests that Lucius go visit the Indians to cure his ailment?
13. What religious group attempts to save Willy's life by sending him to an asylum in the story "Uncle Willy"?
14. Which of the following adjectives best describes the competition between David Hogganbeck and Ikkemotubbe?
15. At the end of the story "Elly," which of the following is the only character who is still alive?
(b) None of the above, all the characters die.
(d) Paul de Montigny.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hawkshaw do for a living in the story "Hair"?
2. How did Hawkshaw's fiance die?
3. What is the name of the Indian man Herman Basket's sister marries?
4. In the story "A Courtship," what does David Hogganbeck drive for a living?
5. At the end of the story "Lo," what does the president order his men to do?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)