|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religious group attempts to save Willy's life by sending him to an asylum in the story "Uncle Willy"?
2. What shocking item does Emily Grierson purchase from the druggist in town?
3. What is the name of the Indian man Herman Basket's sister marries?
4. When Res Grier is waiting for his friend to return from fox hunting, how late is he when he finally arrives at work?
(a) Eight hours late.
(b) Two hours late.
(c) Six hours late.
(d) Four hours late.
5. How many pilots make up the stunt team in the story "Death Drag"?
6. What part of the black men's clothing did Lucius Provine burn when he was a child?
(a) Their socks.
(b) Their collars.
(c) Their bow ties.
(d) Their hats.
7. How old is Pete's younger brother when he decides he wants to join the Army?
(a) 8 years old.
(b) 6 years old.
(c) 10 years old.
(d) 12 years old.
8. In the story "Red Leaves," how many Indians are searching for the chief's slave?
9. What happens to Minnie on the first day she leaves her apartment after the attack?
(a) She has a nervous breakdown.
(b) She is beaten up by an angry mob.
(c) She is cheered as a hero.
(d) She is ignored by everyone she encounters.
10. At the end of the story "Lo," what does the president order his men to do?
(a) Kill the Indians.
(b) Befriend the Indians.
(c) Ignore the Indians.
(d) Fear the Indians.
11. What is the name of the leader of the mob that kills Minnie Cooper's attacker in the story "Dry September"?
12. What weapon does Pete's younger brother use to attack the bus depot worker and the Army lieutenant?
(a) A grenade.
(b) A lead pipe.
(c) A gun.
(d) A knife.
13. Which of the following vehicles does Uncle Willy crash, killing himself?
(a) A boat.
(b) A car.
(c) A train.
(d) An airplane.
14. How do Pete and his brother hear about the war that is tearing their country apart?
(a) From the television.
(b) From the radio.
(c) From the newspaper.
(d) From the Internet.
15. Which of the following adjectives does NOT describe the family from the story "The Tall Men"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what crime is the nephew of the Indian chief in the story "Lo" accused?
2. What building is Res Grier in charge of reshingling?
3. How does the servant at the rich family's home treat Pete's family when they come offering comfort?
4. What is Emily Grierson's initial response after her father dies?
5. After Pete is killed in combat, how long do his parents take off of work to mourn for him?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)