|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the company Captain Warren pilots for in the story "Death Drag"?
(a) Aireal Barnam.
(b) Royal Flying Corps.
(c) The Company of Wings.
(d) Jet Away and Fly.
2. What crop does the family in "The Tall Men" grow?
3. What is Emily Grierson's initial response after her father dies?
(a) She throws a party, celebrating her father's life.
(b) She denies that her father is dead.
(c) She decides not to go into mourning.
(d) She cries continually for three days.
4. Why do the Native Americans want to hold a trial for the chief's nephew in the white man's court?
(a) Out of fear.
(b) Out of respect.
(c) Out of curiosity.
(d) So he will be properly punished.
5. How does Paul de Montigny feel about marrying Elly?
(a) He does not want to marry her.
(b) He desperately wants to marry her.
(c) He is not sure if he wants to marry her.
(d) He is apathetic about marrying her.
6. Which of the following adjectives best describes Flem Snopes in the story "Centaur in Brass"?
7. Where does Tom-Tom dispose of the scrap metal Flem Snopes has been hiding?
(a) In the boiler.
(b) In the incinerator.
(c) In the garbage dump.
(d) In the water tank.
8. Which of the following ailments does not befall the first pilot in the story "Death Drag"?
(a) His body develops a nervous tic.
(b) His stomach isn't able to digest food.
(c) His hair turns white.
(d) His voice goes mute.
9. What building is Res Grier in charge of reshingling?
(a) The church.
(b) The hospital.
(c) The police office.
(d) The school.
10. Who shoots Abner Snope?
(a) His boss.
(b) His wife.
(c) His son.
(d) His best friend.
11. Which of the following ailments plagues Lucius while he is out on the bear hunt?
(b) Shortness of breath.
12. What is the name of Sam Fathers' true father?
(d) Sam Senior.
13. What does Hawkshaw do for a living in the story "Hair"?
(a) He is a doctor.
(b) He is a barber.
(c) He is a stylist.
(d) He is a dentist.
14. Whom does Res Grier take with him when he returns to work on the church in the middle of the night?
(a) His nephew.
(b) His son.
(c) His brother.
(d) His cousin.
15. What part of the father's body in "The Tall Men" has been injured in the war?
(a) His arm.
(b) His stomach.
(c) His head.
(d) His leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following about Indian culture does NOT embarrass the president?
2. How many men is Res Grier working with to reshingle the church in "Shingles for God"?
3. What do the townsfolk find lying on the pillow next to Homer Barron's corpse?
4. How does the Indian chief communicate with the president in the story "Lo"?
5. What shocking item does Emily Grierson purchase from the druggist in town?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)