|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the servant at the rich family's home treat Pete's family when they come offering comfort?
(a) He is angry with them.
(b) He confuses them.
(c) He is kind to them.
(d) He is rude to them.
2. What liquor does the father in "The Tall Men" drink for anesthetic before his surgery?
3. Who is responsible for the mysterious deaths of the chief and all his successors?
(d) Sam Feathers.
4. What crop does the family in "The Tall Men" grow?
5. What part of the black men's clothing did Lucius Provine burn when he was a child?
(a) Their collars.
(b) Their bow ties.
(c) Their hats.
(d) Their socks.
6. What is the name of Abner Snope's only son?
7. What is the name of the company Captain Warren pilots for in the story "Death Drag"?
(a) Aireal Barnam.
(b) The Company of Wings.
(c) Royal Flying Corps.
(d) Jet Away and Fly.
8. When Doom wants to settle an argument between two men in his tribe, what type of fight does he arrange?
(a) A fistfight.
(b) A cowboy's dual.
(c) A dog fight.
(d) A cock fight.
9. What request does Pappy make of Doom when Doom returns to his tribe?
(a) To be made a warrior.
(b) To be married.
(c) To be made chief.
(d) To be set free of his tribe.
10. How old is the young boy to whom Sam Fathers is telling his life story?
(a) 8 years old.
(b) 14 years old.
(c) 10 years old.
(d) 12 years old.
11. What is the name of the man who is the rightful owner of the animal Res Grier is trying to sell to settle his debts?
12. What does the father of the two young boys tell them to do when he sees the party that has come to arrest them?
(a) He tells them to pray.
(b) He tells them join.
(c) He tells them run.
(d) He tells them to fight.
13. What vegetable is Abner Snope ordered to use to pay back his debts?
14. After Pete is killed in combat, how long do his parents take off of work to mourn for him?
(a) Three days.
(b) Four days.
(c) One day.
(d) Two days.
15. Where does Tom-Tom dispose of the scrap metal Flem Snopes has been hiding?
(a) In the boiler.
(b) In the water tank.
(c) In the garbage dump.
(d) In the incinerator.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the townsfolk find lying on the pillow next to Homer Barron's corpse?
2. What crime is Res Grier accused of in the end of the story "Shingles for the Lord"?
3. In the story "Red Leaves," how many Indians are searching for the chief's slave?
4. During what month of the year does Hawkshaw disappear from town for two weeks?
5. What devastating fact does Pappy find out about the black woman he is in love with?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)