|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What building is Res Grier in charge of reshingling?
(a) The hospital.
(b) The police office.
(c) The school.
(d) The church.
2. What is Emily Grierson's initial response after her father dies?
(a) She denies that her father is dead.
(b) She cries continually for three days.
(c) She decides not to go into mourning.
(d) She throws a party, celebrating her father's life.
3. What animal does Res Grier try to sell in order to settle his debts with his co-workers?
(a) A horse.
(b) A goat.
(c) A cow.
(d) A dog.
4. What is the name of Sam Fathers' true father?
(d) Sam Senior.
5. Before he left the tribe, how was Doom treated by the rest of his tribe?
(a) He was hated.
(b) He was often ignored.
(c) He was greatly feared.
(d) He was well-respected.
6. Where is David Hogganbeck when he nearly loses his life in competition?
(a) In a cave.
(b) On a riverboat.
(c) On a mountaintop.
(d) In the jungle.
7. When Doom wants to settle an argument between two men in his tribe, what type of fight does he arrange?
(a) A cock fight.
(b) A fistfight.
(c) A dog fight.
(d) A cowboy's dual.
8. What is the name of Abner Snope's only son?
9. What part of de Spain's house does Abner allegedly ruin in "Barn Burning"?
(a) His carpet.
(b) His drapes.
(c) His living room sofa.
(d) His dining room table.
10. After he left his tribe, where did Doom settle?
(a) In Seattle.
(b) In Austin.
(c) In San Francisco.
(d) In New Orleans.
11. When Res Grier is waiting for his friend to return from fox hunting, how late is he when he finally arrives at work?
(a) Eight hours late.
(b) Four hours late.
(c) Six hours late.
(d) Two hours late.
12. What request does Pappy make of Doom when Doom returns to his tribe?
(a) To be set free of his tribe.
(b) To be made chief.
(c) To be married.
(d) To be made a warrior.
13. What about the little orphan girl Hawkshaw meets is unusually colored?
(a) Her eyes.
(b) Her hair.
(c) Her teeth.
(d) Her clothing.
14. Why do the Native Americans want to hold a trial for the chief's nephew in the white man's court?
(a) Out of curiosity.
(b) So he will be properly punished.
(c) Out of fear.
(d) Out of respect.
15. Homer Barron is from what part of the United States?
(a) The East.
(b) The South.
(c) The West.
(d) The North.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of the story "Elly," which of the following is the only character who is still alive?
2. In the story "Red Leaves," how many Indians are searching for the chief's slave?
3. Although she is beautiful, which of the following adjectives best describes Herman Basket's sister?
4. To which city does Pete travel in order to enlist in the Army?
5. Which of the following adjectives best describes Flem Snopes in the story "Centaur in Brass"?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)