|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Sam Fathers' true father?
(b) Sam Senior.
2. In the story "A Courtship," what does David Hogganbeck drive for a living?
(a) A fighter jet.
(b) A steamboat.
(c) A taxi cab.
(d) A tractor.
3. After he left his tribe, where did Doom settle?
(a) In Seattle.
(b) In New Orleans.
(c) In San Francisco.
(d) In Austin.
4. How do Pete and his brother hear about the war that is tearing their country apart?
(a) From the television.
(b) From the Internet.
(c) From the newspaper.
(d) From the radio.
5. What is the name of the company Captain Warren pilots for in the story "Death Drag"?
(a) Aireal Barnam.
(b) Jet Away and Fly.
(c) Royal Flying Corps.
(d) The Company of Wings.
6. What liquor does the father in "The Tall Men" drink for anesthetic before his surgery?
7. What is the name of the black man who is killed for assaulting Minnie Cooper in the story "Dry September"?
(a) Charlie Delay.
(b) Will Mayes.
(c) Tomas Frank.
(d) Alan Barks.
8. What do the townsfolk find lying on the pillow next to Homer Barron's corpse?
(a) A lipstick stained kiss.
(b) A fresh, red rose.
(c) A shiny gold key.
(d) A long, gray hair.
9. Before he left the tribe, how was Doom treated by the rest of his tribe?
(a) He was often ignored.
(b) He was hated.
(c) He was well-respected.
(d) He was greatly feared.
10. In the story "Red Leaves," how many Indians are searching for the chief's slave?
11. Homer Barron is from what part of the United States?
(a) The East.
(b) The South.
(c) The North.
(d) The West.
12. What is the name of the leader of the mob that kills Minnie Cooper's attacker in the story "Dry September"?
13. Which of the following adjectives best describes the competition between David Hogganbeck and Ikkemotubbe?
14. What part of the father's body in "The Tall Men" has been injured in the war?
(a) His stomach.
(b) His head.
(c) His arm.
(d) His leg.
15. Which of the following government officials does NOT arrive at the home of the two boys in "The Tall Men"?
(a) A marshal.
(b) A recruiter.
(c) A parson.
(d) An investigator.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the president decide to hold a "mock trial" for the Indian chief's nephew?
2. What weapon does Pete's younger brother use to attack the bus depot worker and the Army lieutenant?
3. Which of the following facts about Uncle Willy is NOT true?
4. What crop does the family in "The Tall Men" grow?
5. Although she is beautiful, which of the following adjectives best describes Herman Basket's sister?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)