|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religious group attempts to save Willy's life by sending him to an asylum in the story "Uncle Willy"?
2. What is the name of the company Captain Warren pilots for in the story "Death Drag"?
(a) Jet Away and Fly.
(b) Aireal Barnam.
(c) Royal Flying Corps.
(d) The Company of Wings.
3. What is the name of Sam Fathers' true father?
(d) Sam Senior.
4. What weapon does Pete's younger brother use to attack the bus depot worker and the Army lieutenant?
(a) A grenade.
(b) A knife.
(c) A lead pipe.
(d) A gun.
5. Where does Tom-Tom dispose of the scrap metal Flem Snopes has been hiding?
(a) In the garbage dump.
(b) In the water tank.
(c) In the incinerator.
(d) In the boiler.
6. When Doom wants to settle an argument between two men in his tribe, what engineering challenge does he create?
(a) A fence-building competition.
(b) A bridge-building competition.
(c) A boat-building competition.
(d) A teepee-building competition.
7. When Res Grier is waiting for his friend to return from fox hunting, how late is he when he finally arrives at work?
(a) Two hours late.
(b) Eight hours late.
(c) Four hours late.
(d) Six hours late.
8. According to Indian tradition, what must the chief's slave do after the chief dies?
(a) Be sold to another Indian chief.
(b) Marry the chief's wife.
(c) Be buried next to the chief.
(d) Be banished into the wilderness.
9. Which of the following facts about Uncle Willy is NOT true?
(a) He has three sons.
(b) He is a drug addict.
(c) He is married to a prostitute.
(d) He lives in Memphis.
10. What animal does Doom kill using a salt he has brought back from the white man's land?
(a) A kitten.
(b) A puppy.
(c) A bird.
(d) A fish.
11. Which of the following ailments plagues Lucius while he is out on the bear hunt?
(d) Shortness of breath.
12. How old is the young boy to whom Sam Fathers is telling his life story?
(a) 8 years old.
(b) 14 years old.
(c) 10 years old.
(d) 12 years old.
13. What does Hawkshaw do for a living in the story "Hair"?
(a) He is a stylist.
(b) He is a doctor.
(c) He is a barber.
(d) He is a dentist.
14. In the story "A Courtship," what does David Hogganbeck drive for a living?
(a) A steamboat.
(b) A taxi cab.
(c) A tractor.
(d) A fighter jet.
15. Which of the following things motivates the pilots in "Death Drag" to perform such dangerous tricks when traveling town to town?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following ailments does not befall the first pilot in the story "Death Drag"?
2. What does Abner Snope do for a living?
3. What crime is Res Grier accused of in the end of the story "Shingles for the Lord"?
4. How many pilots make up the stunt team in the story "Death Drag"?
5. Which of the following metals is used to make the whistle in Flem Snopes' story?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)