|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "A Bear Hunt," which part of the town do all the children think is haunted?
(a) The church.
(b) The cemetary.
(c) The asylum.
(d) The Indian burial ground.
2. Which of the following about Indian culture does NOT embarrass the president?
(a) Their dress.
(b) Their language.
(c) Their skin color.
(d) Their manners.
3. What is Sam Fathers' heritage in the story "A Justice"?
(a) Half Native American, half white
(b) Half black, half white
(c) Full-blooded Native American.
(d) Half Native American, half black.
4. Although she is beautiful, which of the following adjectives best describes Herman Basket's sister?
5. What religious group attempts to save Willy's life by sending him to an asylum in the story "Uncle Willy"?
6. Homer Barron is from what part of the United States?
(a) The South.
(b) The North.
(c) The East.
(d) The West.
7. Why do the Native Americans want to hold a trial for the chief's nephew in the white man's court?
(a) So he will be properly punished.
(b) Out of curiosity.
(c) Out of respect.
(d) Out of fear.
8. What weapon does Pete's younger brother use to attack the bus depot worker and the Army lieutenant?
(a) A knife.
(b) A gun.
(c) A lead pipe.
(d) A grenade.
9. Who is responsible for the mysterious deaths of the chief and all his successors?
(b) Sam Feathers.
10. What is the name of the Indian man Herman Basket's sister marries?
11. Which of the following ailments does not befall the first pilot in the story "Death Drag"?
(a) His voice goes mute.
(b) His body develops a nervous tic.
(c) His hair turns white.
(d) His stomach isn't able to digest food.
12. Which of the following adjectives best describes Flem Snopes in the story "Centaur in Brass"?
13. How does the servant at the rich family's home treat Pete's family when they come offering comfort?
(a) He confuses them.
(b) He is rude to them.
(c) He is kind to them.
(d) He is angry with them.
14. Which of the following vehicles does Uncle Willy crash, killing himself?
(a) A train.
(b) A car.
(c) An airplane.
(d) A boat.
15. At the end of the story "Elly," which of the following is the only character who is still alive?
(c) None of the above, all the characters die.
(d) Paul de Montigny.
Short Answer Questions
1. What liquor does the father in "The Tall Men" drink for anesthetic before his surgery?
2. What is the name of the man who is the rightful owner of the animal Res Grier is trying to sell to settle his debts?
3. Which of the following relatives does Elly live with in the story "Elly"?
4. What animal does Doom kill using a salt he has brought back from the white man's land?
5. What part of de Spain's house does Abner allegedly ruin in "Barn Burning"?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)