|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is responsible for the mysterious deaths of the chief and all his successors?
(d) Sam Feathers.
2. What do the townsfolk find lying on the pillow next to Homer Barron's corpse?
(a) A long, gray hair.
(b) A lipstick stained kiss.
(c) A fresh, red rose.
(d) A shiny gold key.
3. Where is David Hogganbeck when he nearly loses his life in competition?
(a) In a cave.
(b) On a mountaintop.
(c) In the jungle.
(d) On a riverboat.
4. When Doom wants to settle an argument between two men in his tribe, what engineering challenge does he create?
(a) A boat-building competition.
(b) A teepee-building competition.
(c) A fence-building competition.
(d) A bridge-building competition.
5. Which of the following adjectives does NOT describe the family from the story "The Tall Men"?
6. During what month of the year does Hawkshaw disappear from town for two weeks?
7. Which of Mannie's relatives is killed driving mules while working for Snopes?
(a) Her son.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her husband.
(d) Her brother.
8. What is the name of the company Captain Warren pilots for in the story "Death Drag"?
(a) Aireal Barnam.
(b) Royal Flying Corps.
(c) Jet Away and Fly.
(d) The Company of Wings.
9. Why do the Native Americans want to hold a trial for the chief's nephew in the white man's court?
(a) So he will be properly punished.
(b) Out of respect.
(c) Out of curiosity.
(d) Out of fear.
10. How many men is Res Grier working with to reshingle the church in "Shingles for God"?
11. In the story "A Courtship," what does David Hogganbeck drive for a living?
(a) A steamboat.
(b) A fighter jet.
(c) A tractor.
(d) A taxi cab.
12. To which city does Pete travel in order to enlist in the Army?
(b) Baton Rouge.
13. How does the Indian chief communicate with the president in the story "Lo"?
(a) Through messengers.
(b) Through smoke signals.
(c) Through telephone calls.
(d) Through letters.
14. What does Hawkshaw do for a living in the story "Hair"?
(a) He is a doctor.
(b) He is a dentist.
(c) He is a stylist.
(d) He is a barber.
15. What is Sam Fathers' heritage in the story "A Justice"?
(a) Half Native American, half white
(b) Full-blooded Native American.
(c) Half black, half white
(d) Half Native American, half black.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story "Red Leaves," how many Indians are searching for the chief's slave?
2. Who shoots Abner Snope?
3. What type of snake bites the runaway slave in the story "Red Leaves"?
4. What is the name of the man who is the rightful owner of the animal Res Grier is trying to sell to settle his debts?
5. Which of the following adjectives best describes the competition between David Hogganbeck and Ikkemotubbe?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)