|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sam Father's real birth name?
2. What vegetable is Abner Snope ordered to use to pay back his debts?
3. How many pilots make up the stunt team in the story "Death Drag"?
4. How many men is Res Grier working with to reshingle the church in "Shingles for God"?
5. What does Abner Snope do for a living?
(a) He is a teacher.
(b) He is an architect.
(c) He is a doctor.
(d) He is a farmer.
6. In the story "Lo," how does the president spy on the two Indians near his office?
(a) With a cup to the door.
(b) Through the cracks in the fence.
(c) With a mirror.
(d) Through the telegraph system.
7. Which of the following adjectives best describes the competition between David Hogganbeck and Ikkemotubbe?
8. Who shoots Abner Snope?
(a) His son.
(b) His wife.
(c) His boss.
(d) His best friend.
9. Homer Barron is from what part of the United States?
(a) The East.
(b) The North.
(c) The South.
(d) The West.
10. What is the name of Sam Fathers' true father?
(a) Sam Senior.
11. Which of the following adjectives best describes Flem Snopes in the story "Centaur in Brass"?
12. Which of the following government officials does NOT arrive at the home of the two boys in "The Tall Men"?
(a) A recruiter.
(b) An investigator.
(c) A marshal.
(d) A parson.
13. When Doom wants to settle an argument between two men in his tribe, what engineering challenge does he create?
(a) A bridge-building competition.
(b) A teepee-building competition.
(c) A fence-building competition.
(d) A boat-building competition.
14. Which of the following facts about Uncle Willy is NOT true?
(a) He lives in Memphis.
(b) He is a drug addict.
(c) He has three sons.
(d) He is married to a prostitute.
15. What shocking item does Emily Grierson purchase from the druggist in town?
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapon does Pete's younger brother use to attack the bus depot worker and the Army lieutenant?
2. At the end of the story "Elly," which of the following is the only character who is still alive?
3. What is the name of the Indian man Herman Basket's sister marries?
4. When Res Grier is waiting for his friend to return from fox hunting, how late is he when he finally arrives at work?
5. What is the name of Abner Snope's only son?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)