|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before he left the tribe, how was Doom treated by the rest of his tribe?
(a) He was hated.
(b) He was greatly feared.
(c) He was often ignored.
(d) He was well-respected.
2. When Doom wants to settle an argument between two men in his tribe, what type of fight does he arrange?
(a) A cowboy's dual.
(b) A fistfight.
(c) A dog fight.
(d) A cock fight.
3. Who shoots Abner Snope?
(a) His son.
(b) His best friend.
(c) His wife.
(d) His boss.
4. Whom does Res Grier take with him when he returns to work on the church in the middle of the night?
(a) His son.
(b) His brother.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His nephew.
5. What religious group attempts to save Willy's life by sending him to an asylum in the story "Uncle Willy"?
6. How long did Doom live away from his tribe?
(a) Twenty-seven years.
(b) Seven years.
(c) Thirty-seven years.
(d) Seventeen years.
7. What part of the father's body in "The Tall Men" has been injured in the war?
(a) His head.
(b) His leg.
(c) His stomach.
(d) His arm.
8. Which of the following ailments does not befall the first pilot in the story "Death Drag"?
(a) His voice goes mute.
(b) His hair turns white.
(c) His stomach isn't able to digest food.
(d) His body develops a nervous tic.
9. What is the name of Abner Snope's only son?
10. What does the father of the two young boys tell them to do when he sees the party that has come to arrest them?
(a) He tells them to pray.
(b) He tells them join.
(c) He tells them run.
(d) He tells them to fight.
11. What do the townsfolk find lying on the pillow next to Homer Barron's corpse?
(a) A shiny gold key.
(b) A long, gray hair.
(c) A lipstick stained kiss.
(d) A fresh, red rose.
12. During what month of the year does Hawkshaw disappear from town for two weeks?
13. What type of snake bites the runaway slave in the story "Red Leaves"?
(a) Black mamba.
14. What devastating fact does Pappy find out about the black woman he is in love with?
(a) She is already married.
(b) She does not love him.
(c) She is barren.
(d) She is racist.
15. What part of the black men's clothing did Lucius Provine burn when he was a child?
(a) Their hats.
(b) Their socks.
(c) Their bow ties.
(d) Their collars.
Short Answer Questions
1. To which city does Pete travel in order to enlist in the Army?
2. Why do the Native Americans want to hold a trial for the chief's nephew in the white man's court?
3. Which of the following adjectives best describes Flem Snopes in the story "Centaur in Brass"?
4. With whom does the president discuss "the situation" of the Indians near his quarters?
5. In the story "Lo," how does the president spy on the two Indians near his office?
This section contains 509 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)