|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following facts about Uncle Willy is NOT true?
(a) He lives in Memphis.
(b) He is married to a prostitute.
(c) He is a drug addict.
(d) He has three sons.
2. Which of the following ailments does not befall the first pilot in the story "Death Drag"?
(a) His stomach isn't able to digest food.
(b) His hair turns white.
(c) His voice goes mute.
(d) His body develops a nervous tic.
3. What does Abner Snope do for a living?
(a) He is a teacher.
(b) He is an architect.
(c) He is a doctor.
(d) He is a farmer.
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes Flem Snopes in the story "Centaur in Brass"?
5. How much money does Mannie give to Snopes after she shoots his prize mule in the story "Mule in the Yard"?
(a) Fifty dollars.
(b) Twenty dollars.
(c) Five dollars.
(d) Ten dollars.
6. Which of Mannie's relatives is killed driving mules while working for Snopes?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her son.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her husband.
7. Which of the following about Indian culture does NOT embarrass the president?
(a) Their dress.
(b) Their language.
(c) Their skin color.
(d) Their manners.
8. In the story "A Courtship," what does David Hogganbeck drive for a living?
(a) A taxi cab.
(b) A tractor.
(c) A fighter jet.
(d) A steamboat.
9. What part of the black men's clothing did Lucius Provine burn when he was a child?
(a) Their socks.
(b) Their collars.
(c) Their bow ties.
(d) Their hats.
10. What animal does Doom kill using a salt he has brought back from the white man's land?
(a) A kitten.
(b) A bird.
(c) A fish.
(d) A puppy.
11. What part of de Spain's house does Abner allegedly ruin in "Barn Burning"?
(a) His carpet.
(b) His dining room table.
(c) His drapes.
(d) His living room sofa.
12. Why does the president decide to hold a "mock trial" for the Indian chief's nephew?
(a) To punish the nephew to the fullest extent of the law.
(b) To get the Indians off his land.
(c) To appease the townsfolk.
(d) To fool the Indians into thinking that he understands the law.
13. How does Paul de Montigny feel about marrying Elly?
(a) He desperately wants to marry her.
(b) He is apathetic about marrying her.
(c) He does not want to marry her.
(d) He is not sure if he wants to marry her.
14. How many men is Res Grier working with to reshingle the church in "Shingles for God"?
15. What shocking item does Emily Grierson purchase from the druggist in town?
Short Answer Questions
1. What crime is Res Grier accused of in the end of the story "Shingles for the Lord"?
2. Whom does Res Grier take with him when he returns to work on the church in the middle of the night?
3. What does the father of the two young boys tell them to do when he sees the party that has come to arrest them?
4. What vegetable is Abner Snope ordered to use to pay back his debts?
5. Which of the following ailments plagues Lucius while he is out on the bear hunt?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)