|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What crop does the family in "The Tall Men" grow?
2. What part of the black men's clothing did Lucius Provine burn when he was a child?
(a) Their collars.
(b) Their socks.
(c) Their bow ties.
(d) Their hats.
3. Who suggests that Lucius go visit the Indians to cure his ailment?
4. What part of the father's body in "The Tall Men" has been injured in the war?
(a) His stomach.
(b) His leg.
(c) His arm.
(d) His head.
5. Why do the Native Americans want to hold a trial for the chief's nephew in the white man's court?
(a) Out of fear.
(b) Out of respect.
(c) Out of curiosity.
(d) So he will be properly punished.
6. Which of the following relatives does Elly live with in the story "Elly"?
(a) Her cousin.
(b) Her aunt.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her grandmother.
7. Which of the following adjectives does NOT describe the family from the story "The Tall Men"?
8. In the story "Lo," how does the president spy on the two Indians near his office?
(a) Through the telegraph system.
(b) With a mirror.
(c) Through the cracks in the fence.
(d) With a cup to the door.
9. What religious group attempts to save Willy's life by sending him to an asylum in the story "Uncle Willy"?
10. Which of the following facts about Uncle Willy is NOT true?
(a) He is married to a prostitute.
(b) He lives in Memphis.
(c) He is a drug addict.
(d) He has three sons.
11. At the end of the story "Elly," which of the following is the only character who is still alive?
(a) None of the above, all the characters die.
(d) Paul de Montigny.
12. What part of de Spain's house does Abner allegedly ruin in "Barn Burning"?
(a) His living room sofa.
(b) His carpet.
(c) His drapes.
(d) His dining room table.
13. What is the name of the man who is the rightful owner of the animal Res Grier is trying to sell to settle his debts?
14. What is Emily Grierson's initial response after her father dies?
(a) She denies that her father is dead.
(b) She decides not to go into mourning.
(c) She throws a party, celebrating her father's life.
(d) She cries continually for three days.
15. In the story "A Courtship," what does David Hogganbeck drive for a living?
(a) A fighter jet.
(b) A taxi cab.
(c) A steamboat.
(d) A tractor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following ailments plagues Lucius while he is out on the bear hunt?
2. What animal does Doom kill using a salt he has brought back from the white man's land?
3. What is Sam Father's real birth name?
4. What part of de Spain's property does Abner burn down in a rage of revenge?
5. Homer Barron is from what part of the United States?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)