|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what crime is the nephew of the Indian chief in the story "Lo" accused?
2. What crop does the family in "The Tall Men" grow?
3. Which of the following ailments plagues Lucius while he is out on the bear hunt?
(a) Shortness of breath.
4. How old is the young boy to whom Sam Fathers is telling his life story?
(a) 14 years old.
(b) 12 years old.
(c) 8 years old.
(d) 10 years old.
5. What is the name of the black man who is killed for assaulting Minnie Cooper in the story "Dry September"?
(a) Tomas Frank.
(b) Charlie Delay.
(c) Alan Barks.
(d) Will Mayes.
6. What weapon does Pete's younger brother use to attack the bus depot worker and the Army lieutenant?
(a) A gun.
(b) A grenade.
(c) A lead pipe.
(d) A knife.
7. In "A Bear Hunt," which part of the town do all the children think is haunted?
(a) The Indian burial ground.
(b) The cemetary.
(c) The church.
(d) The asylum.
8. How many pilots make up the stunt team in the story "Death Drag"?
9. What is it about Paul de Montigny that makes him an unsuitable boyfriend for Elly?
(a) He is uneducated.
(b) He is biracial.
(c) He is poor.
(d) He is black.
10. After Pete is killed in combat, how long do his parents take off of work to mourn for him?
(a) Two days.
(b) Three days.
(c) Four days.
(d) One day.
11. What part of the black men's clothing did Lucius Provine burn when he was a child?
(a) Their socks.
(b) Their collars.
(c) Their hats.
(d) Their bow ties.
12. How does the servant at the rich family's home treat Pete's family when they come offering comfort?
(a) He is angry with them.
(b) He is kind to them.
(c) He confuses them.
(d) He is rude to them.
13. Which of the following adjectives best describes the competition between David Hogganbeck and Ikkemotubbe?
14. What type of snake bites the runaway slave in the story "Red Leaves"?
(b) Black mamba.
15. Which of the following government officials does NOT arrive at the home of the two boys in "The Tall Men"?
(a) An investigator.
(b) A parson.
(c) A marshal.
(d) A recruiter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following metals is used to make the whistle in Flem Snopes' story?
2. What vegetable is Abner Snope ordered to use to pay back his debts?
3. How old is Emily Grierson when she dies?
4. What is the name of the man who is the rightful owner of the animal Res Grier is trying to sell to settle his debts?
5. Which of the following adjectives does NOT describe the family from the story "The Tall Men"?
This section contains 445 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)