|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After he left his tribe, where did Doom settle?
(a) In San Francisco.
(b) In New Orleans.
(c) In Seattle.
(d) In Austin.
2. What do the townsfolk find lying on the pillow next to Homer Barron's corpse?
(a) A fresh, red rose.
(b) A long, gray hair.
(c) A lipstick stained kiss.
(d) A shiny gold key.
3. What liquor does the father in "The Tall Men" drink for anesthetic before his surgery?
4. Which of the following stories is the sequel to "Two Soldiers"?
(a) "Shall Not Perish."
(b) "The Tall Men."
(c) "Bear Hunt."
(d) "Barn Burning."
5. What devastating fact does Pappy find out about the black woman he is in love with?
(a) She does not love him.
(b) She is already married.
(c) She is barren.
(d) She is racist.
6. Who suggests that Lucius go visit the Indians to cure his ailment?
7. What crime is Res Grier accused of in the end of the story "Shingles for the Lord"?
8. How many pilots make up the stunt team in the story "Death Drag"?
9. Before he left the tribe, how was Doom treated by the rest of his tribe?
(a) He was often ignored.
(b) He was greatly feared.
(c) He was hated.
(d) He was well-respected.
10. Why does the president decide to hold a "mock trial" for the Indian chief's nephew?
(a) To get the Indians off his land.
(b) To fool the Indians into thinking that he understands the law.
(c) To appease the townsfolk.
(d) To punish the nephew to the fullest extent of the law.
11. After Pete is killed in combat, how long do his parents take off of work to mourn for him?
(a) Two days.
(b) Three days.
(c) Four days.
(d) One day.
12. What part of de Spain's house does Abner allegedly ruin in "Barn Burning"?
(a) His drapes.
(b) His living room sofa.
(c) His carpet.
(d) His dining room table.
13. What is the name of the Indian man Herman Basket's sister marries?
14. What is Sam Father's real birth name?
15. What part of the black men's clothing did Lucius Provine burn when he was a child?
(a) Their bow ties.
(b) Their socks.
(c) Their hats.
(d) Their collars.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Res Grier take with him when he returns to work on the church in the middle of the night?
2. How do Pete and his brother hear about the war that is tearing their country apart?
3. What is the name of the man who is the rightful owner of the animal Res Grier is trying to sell to settle his debts?
4. What weapon does Pete's younger brother use to attack the bus depot worker and the Army lieutenant?
5. What is the name of the black man who is killed for assaulting Minnie Cooper in the story "Dry September"?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)