|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the leader of the mob that kills Minnie Cooper's attacker in the story "Dry September"?
2. In "A Bear Hunt," which part of the town do all the children think is haunted?
(a) The asylum.
(b) The cemetary.
(c) The Indian burial ground.
(d) The church.
3. How do Pete and his brother hear about the war that is tearing their country apart?
(a) From the Internet.
(b) From the television.
(c) From the newspaper.
(d) From the radio.
4. Before he left the tribe, how was Doom treated by the rest of his tribe?
(a) He was greatly feared.
(b) He was often ignored.
(c) He was hated.
(d) He was well-respected.
5. What is the name of Sam Fathers' true father?
(a) Sam Senior.
6. What weapon does Pete's younger brother use to attack the bus depot worker and the Army lieutenant?
(a) A grenade.
(b) A gun.
(c) A lead pipe.
(d) A knife.
7. Whom does Res Grier take with him when he returns to work on the church in the middle of the night?
(a) His son.
(b) His brother.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His nephew.
8. Where is David Hogganbeck when he nearly loses his life in competition?
(a) On a mountaintop.
(b) On a riverboat.
(c) In a cave.
(d) In the jungle.
9. Homer Barron is from what part of the United States?
(a) The East.
(b) The North.
(c) The South.
(d) The West.
10. How much money does Mannie give to Snopes after she shoots his prize mule in the story "Mule in the Yard"?
(a) Twenty dollars.
(b) Ten dollars.
(c) Fifty dollars.
(d) Five dollars.
11. What is the name of the black man who is killed for assaulting Minnie Cooper in the story "Dry September"?
(a) Charlie Delay.
(b) Alan Barks.
(c) Will Mayes.
(d) Tomas Frank.
12. Who suggests that Lucius go visit the Indians to cure his ailment?
13. With whom does the president discuss "the situation" of the Indians near his quarters?
(a) The senate.
(b) His secretary.
(c) His wife.
(d) His vice president.
14. At the end of the story "Lo," what does the president order his men to do?
(a) Fear the Indians.
(b) Befriend the Indians.
(c) Ignore the Indians.
(d) Kill the Indians.
15. Which of the following things motivates the pilots in "Death Drag" to perform such dangerous tricks when traveling town to town?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following relatives does Elly live with in the story "Elly"?
2. Why does the president decide to hold a "mock trial" for the Indian chief's nephew?
3. What is the name of the man who is the rightful owner of the animal Res Grier is trying to sell to settle his debts?
4. What shocking item does Emily Grierson purchase from the druggist in town?
5. Which of Mannie's relatives is killed driving mules while working for Snopes?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)