|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following about Indian culture does NOT embarrass the president?
(a) Their skin color.
(b) Their language.
(c) Their manners.
(d) Their dress.
2. What is the name of Abner Snope's only son?
3. To which city does Pete travel in order to enlist in the Army?
(c) Baton Rouge.
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes Flem Snopes in the story "Centaur in Brass"?
5. Which of the following adjectives does NOT describe the family from the story "The Tall Men"?
6. In "A Bear Hunt," which part of the town do all the children think is haunted?
(a) The Indian burial ground.
(b) The cemetary.
(c) The church.
(d) The asylum.
7. What is Sam Fathers' heritage in the story "A Justice"?
(a) Half Native American, half black.
(b) Full-blooded Native American.
(c) Half Native American, half white
(d) Half black, half white
8. After he left his tribe, where did Doom settle?
(a) In Austin.
(b) In San Francisco.
(c) In Seattle.
(d) In New Orleans.
9. According to Indian tradition, what must the chief's slave do after the chief dies?
(a) Be buried next to the chief.
(b) Be sold to another Indian chief.
(c) Be banished into the wilderness.
(d) Marry the chief's wife.
10. When Res Grier is waiting for his friend to return from fox hunting, how late is he when he finally arrives at work?
(a) Eight hours late.
(b) Two hours late.
(c) Four hours late.
(d) Six hours late.
11. How did Hawkshaw's fiance die?
(a) From the plague.
(b) From the pox.
(c) From the fever.
(d) From the flu.
12. What does Abner Snope do for a living?
(a) He is a teacher.
(b) He is an architect.
(c) He is a doctor.
(d) He is a farmer.
13. How much money does Mannie give to Snopes after she shoots his prize mule in the story "Mule in the Yard"?
(a) Fifty dollars.
(b) Five dollars.
(c) Twenty dollars.
(d) Ten dollars.
14. After Pete is killed in combat, how long do his parents take off of work to mourn for him?
(a) Two days.
(b) Three days.
(c) One day.
(d) Four days.
15. Which of Mannie's relatives is killed driving mules while working for Snopes?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only thing Emily's father leaves to her in his will?
2. What do the townsfolk find lying on the pillow next to Homer Barron's corpse?
3. What devastating fact does Pappy find out about the black woman he is in love with?
4. Who is responsible for the mysterious deaths of the chief and all his successors?
5. What happens to Minnie on the first day she leaves her apartment after the attack?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)