|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Beyond stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which city does Pete travel in order to enlist in the Army?
(a) Baton Rouge.
2. In which city do Hubert Jarrod and Louise King meet in the story "Dr Martino"?
(a) New Orleans.
(d) St. Louis.
3. At the end of the story "Crevasse," what is the injured man in the corner doing?
4. When Alec Gray loses his job, where is he forced to bathe?
(a) In the river.
(b) In the city's fountains.
(c) In the bus-stop bathroom.
(d) In the homeless shelter.
5. Which of the following holidays is Georgie anxiously anticipating in the story "That Will Be Fine"?
(c) His birthday.
Short Answer Questions
1. What recent event has just changed the life of Judge in the story "Beyond"?
2. What do the townsfolk find lying on the pillow next to Homer Barron's corpse?
3. Which of the following adjectives best describes Flem Snopes in the story "Centaur in Brass"?
4. What is the name of the company Captain Warren pilots for in the story "Death Drag"?
5. Which of Mannie's relatives is killed driving mules while working for Snopes?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)