|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Beyond stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following metals is used to make the whistle in Flem Snopes' story?
2. Which of the following ailments plagues Lucius while he is out on the bear hunt?
(b) Shortness of breath.
3. What does Danny send to his mother's funeral, which greatly impresses the narrator of this story?
(a) A wreath.
(b) A handwritten card.
(c) A box of chocolates.
(d) A bouquet of flowers.
4. Which of the following events does Roger Howes use as subject matter to create his newest masterpiece?
(a) His daughter's death.
(b) His wife's affair.
(c) His son's first steps.
(d) His own decent into madness.
5. Where does Cousin Melisandre attempt to hide the valuables when the Yankees arrive?
(a) In the well.
(b) In the apple orchard.
(c) In the outhouse.
(d) In the coal cellar.
Short Answer Questions
1. After he resettles away from Nebraska, what does Ewing do for a living?
2. What happens to Minnie on the first day she leaves her apartment after the attack?
3. When Doom wants to settle an argument between two men in his tribe, what engineering challenge does he create?
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes Flem Snopes in the story "Centaur in Brass"?
5. When Ewing leaves Nebraska, where does he go?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)