|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Beyond stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the story "Red Leaves," how many Indians are searching for the chief's slave?
2. What is the only thing Emily's father leaves to her in his will?
(a) A house.
(b) A servant.
(c) A bank account full of money.
(d) A horse.
3. Although she is beautiful, which of the following adjectives best describes Herman Basket's sister?
4. How much money does Mannie give to Snopes after she shoots his prize mule in the story "Mule in the Yard"?
(a) Fifty dollars.
(b) Twenty dollars.
(c) Ten dollars.
(d) Five dollars.
5. How does the servant at the rich family's home treat Pete's family when they come offering comfort?
(a) He is kind to them.
(b) He is rude to them.
(c) He is angry with them.
(d) He confuses them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shocking item does Emily Grierson purchase from the druggist in town?
2. What does Louise's mother think about Jarrod?
3. What part of the black men's clothing did Lucius Provine burn when he was a child?
4. After Davy loses his leg in the war, what material is used to craft him a new one?
5. From where does Roger Howes move his family in order to relocate in New York?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)