|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Beyond stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the war is over, where does Alec Gray move?
(a) To Paris.
(b) To Barcelona.
(c) To New York City.
(d) To London.
2. In the story "Victory," what country is the man visiting when he pretends to be an aristocrat?
3. What happens to Minnie on the first day she leaves her apartment after the attack?
(a) She is beaten up by an angry mob.
(b) She is cheered as a hero.
(c) She has a nervous breakdown.
(d) She is ignored by everyone she encounters.
4. At the end of the story "Crevasse," what is the injured man in the corner doing?
5. In the story "A Courtship," what does David Hogganbeck drive for a living?
(a) A fighter jet.
(b) A tractor.
(c) A steamboat.
(d) A taxi cab.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Alec Gray loses his job, what does he use to iron his clothes?
2. When Ewing leaves Nebraska, where does he go?
3. According to Indian tradition, what must the chief's slave do after the chief dies?
4. Which of the following animals does Wash overhear his boss talking about with great respect?
5. During what month of the year does Hawkshaw disappear from town for two weeks?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)