|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Beyond stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of reputation does Harrison Blair have in the town?
(a) For being shy.
(b) For being mean.
(c) For being kind.
(d) For being unintelligent.
2. In "A Bear Hunt," which part of the town do all the children think is haunted?
(a) The asylum.
(b) The Indian burial ground.
(c) The cemetary.
(d) The church.
3. Which of the following relatives does Elly live with in the story "Elly"?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Her aunt.
4. Why do the Native Americans want to hold a trial for the chief's nephew in the white man's court?
(a) Out of fear.
(b) Out of curiosity.
(c) Out of respect.
(d) So he will be properly punished.
5. What part of de Spain's house does Abner allegedly ruin in "Barn Burning"?
(a) His carpet.
(b) His living room sofa.
(c) His drapes.
(d) His dining room table.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religious group attempts to save Willy's life by sending him to an asylum in the story "Uncle Willy"?
2. What request does Pappy make of Doom when Doom returns to his tribe?
3. What does Hawkshaw do for a living in the story "Hair"?
4. Where does Tom-Tom dispose of the scrap metal Flem Snopes has been hiding?
5. While Alec Gray is in the Army, what is his relationship with his family?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)