|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Beyond stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "A Bear Hunt," which part of the town do all the children think is haunted?
(a) The Indian burial ground.
(b) The asylum.
(c) The church.
(d) The cemetary.
2. What type of snake bites the runaway slave in the story "Red Leaves"?
(c) Black mamba.
3. On what type of boat does the English soldier take Borgard?
(a) A sailboat.
(b) A canoe.
(c) A torpedo boat.
(d) A submarine.
4. Why does the president decide to hold a "mock trial" for the Indian chief's nephew?
(a) To punish the nephew to the fullest extent of the law.
(b) To get the Indians off his land.
(c) To appease the townsfolk.
(d) To fool the Indians into thinking that he understands the law.
5. How does Alec Gray react when he is sent to spend time in the penal battalion?
(a) He kills his commanding officer.
(b) He punches his commanding officer.
(c) He shouts at his commanding officer.
(d) He takes the punishment silently.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before he left the tribe, how was Doom treated by the rest of his tribe?
2. How does the husband react when he hears of his wife's affair in the story "Honor"?
3. While Alec Gray is in the Army, what is his relationship with his family?
4. What part of de Spain's property does Abner burn down in a rage of revenge?
5. What building is Res Grier in charge of reshingling?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)