|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Beyond stories.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Pete and his brother hear about the war that is tearing their country apart?
(a) From the television.
(b) From the newspaper.
(c) From the Internet.
(d) From the radio.
2. Where does Tom-Tom dispose of the scrap metal Flem Snopes has been hiding?
(a) In the water tank.
(b) In the boiler.
(c) In the garbage dump.
(d) In the incinerator.
3. What does Hawkshaw do for a living in the story "Hair"?
(a) He is a dentist.
(b) He is a stylist.
(c) He is a doctor.
(d) He is a barber.
4. In which city do Hubert Jarrod and Louise King meet in the story "Dr Martino"?
(a) New Orleans.
(b) St. Louis.
5. What book do the soldiers in "Crevasse" read to pass their time?
(a) The dictionary.
(b) The Bible.
(c) The telephone book.
(d) The Koran.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the story "Victory," what country is the man visiting when he pretends to be an aristocrat?
2. How is the narrator of the story "Pennsylvania Station" related to the dead woman?
3. What weapon does Pete's younger brother use to attack the bus depot worker and the Army lieutenant?
4. Who is responsible for the mysterious deaths of the chief and all his successors?
5. What does Louise's mother think about Jarrod?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)